Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231900 times)

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 415a)
« Reply #1350 on: November 10, 2011, 08:18:19 pm »

Kathos smiled broadly.

"Not at all. In fact, it's quite the opposite - the quality of this weapon impressed me. I came here to ask if you wanted to do some... Larger scale business."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: November 10, 2011, 08:26:06 pm »

'Tala' approached the man, her guards keeping a watch for anyone who might intrude.

She gestured to him and spoke with a slight smile.

"I suppose you are one of the shrine that was attacked recently, correct? Your half hearted attempts at stealth suggest you were not truly trying to hide from me. You have my attention, if you were seeking it.

For, as you must know, I'm looking for information about the incident at the shrine...quite simply, I would like to know why you were targeted. Of course, I wouldn't mind talking to someone a little higher rank than yourself...I have the ear of the Queen, after all. What I tell her-and what I don't-might very well determine your fate."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: November 10, 2011, 09:00:58 pm »

"Not at all. In fact, it's quite the opposite - the quality of this weapon impressed me. I came here to ask if you wanted to do some... Larger scale business."
[5] The servant looks to the gunsmith. Unspoken words fill the air. Eventually, it seems, a decision has been reached. The gunsmith nods thoughtfully, and heads below decks. The servant turns back to you.

"Would you like to come aboard, sir Thunderblade? It is quite chilly this time of night, but the ship is always warm."

The interior of the ship is bright, tastefully decorated with wood panelling and silk hangings. You are led to a room which contains two large, ridiculously comfortable chairs facing each other. The gunsmith has seated himself in one of them, and you are invited to rest in the other. You are offered liquor in an ornate glass. The gunsmith watches you in silence for a while. Eventually he speaks:

"Explain your proposal in detail, mister Thunderblade."

"Bla bla bla"
The man indicates that he didn't try to get caught, it just happened. He goes on to explain in incredible detail the situation surrounding Max's raid of the shrine. A critical piece is missing from this extended explanation, namely what you asked in the first place: why it happened. He knows the official reason, the one Max would have had on his paperwork, and possibly even what he believed- something about being intolerant of other religions, an allegation which he is hasty to point out is not (completely) true. Even if it was true, though, that wasn't the real reason- that much should be obvious to anyone. What the real reason is, he doesn't know, although he thinks a few people of the Shrine might have a suspicion. Certainly their leaders knew, but unless you can speak ashes, that won't help you much.
As to your request to speak to a higher up, he apologetically refuses. The slightest hint of intimidation causes him to admit that he doesn't actually know where they are; they've been moving around the lower city for the past few weeks, and he wasn't informed of where they were going next- he is to be picked up later. His tendency to crack instantly under intimation, he explains, means that no one really tells him much in the way of sensitive information. 
Long Live United Forenia!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: November 10, 2011, 09:14:42 pm »

William walked to his room, mentally checking how many guards each door had along the way and how many people were belowdecks.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 09:16:13 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: November 10, 2011, 09:18:49 pm »

Gregor, after downing a pint, went back abord his ship, and set sail to find the pirates.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: November 10, 2011, 09:30:19 pm »

"During the last months, Ligoria has been trying to improve his military forces. One of our major objectives is to get the best infantry of this part of the Storm Coast as quickly as possible. And of course, we will need to have access to advanced technology to do that. Firearms might change the way of making war forever, and we want to have the first army with talented arquebusiers. Our problem is that gunsmiths are hard to find, and talented gunsmiths are extremely rare. A few days after I had lost all hopes of finding one, I met with you, and I was highly impressed by your works."

He paused for a few seconds.

"If you accept to work for Ligoria, you will have the full support of the crown. That means you will have a place to live and to work, a laboratory if you want to make experiments with gunpowder and many other advantages like these. Of course, we will pay when we request weapons. You will still be able to sell firearms to other clients - as long as you are not helping other kingdoms - and make your own profits. Except this time, you will not have to fear the laws. If one day you are working on another project that could help Ligoria, you will have our financial help."

Again, another pause.

"Are you interested in my offer?"
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 09:35:56 pm by Shootandrun »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: November 10, 2011, 10:17:30 pm »

'Tala' nodded at the Dupe.

"Well, if you are in fact that useless, tell your leaders I'd like to arrange a meeting with them...at a time and place of their choosing. I'll let you go-and if they agree, you come to the palace gates asking for me when you are ready.

Or not. If you do not contact me within the week, your people will have lost any opportunity to have yourselves heard under fair scrutiny. When the Archbishop forces return, they will no doubt recieve the full aid and support of the Regency in hunting you down, I am sorry to say. The Violence in the streets of Talama will end-one way or another.

Tell them that. And tell them Tala Alanis is the one who wants to speak to them."

At that, she gestured to her guards and left to return to her quarters in the palace.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: November 11, 2011, 12:34:53 am »

Ah, there they are. He sighted land, a caravan, and even Karafs cleaning his blade...And William talking with someone on that ship. Good thing he had brought this telescope from Orygyten else he might have missed them all completely. Hmm...seems William went in with this gentleman...Perhaps the captain.

Retcyl put down the device and looked at the captain. "Captain, to them. Raise the flag of Hatcur of both ships and be quick about it."
"Aye, ambassador," the captain gave out the signals and soon enough the flower-eye of the Emperor was raised.

"Now, we wait for a response."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: November 11, 2011, 01:20:34 am »

The ship coasted into the harbor, rows of oars pulling it through the final stretch. Lines were thrown across the railing to the docks and secured tightly to the moorings as the construct halted in place. Dockhands stretched planks across the gap for people to mill back and forth unloading goods. Ite Videte de Moun walked off the deck, thrilled to finally be off of this wooden deathtrap. He had never liked sea travel, but this was just terrible. Choppy waters had tossed the ship back and forth all the way from Moun to Talama, creating an extremely disturbing effect for someone who hates deep water already. At any rate, he had made it to here, the nation of Ligoria, to seek his fortune.

He exhaled as he reached the end of the docks. "Finally on my way." he murmured to himself.

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: November 11, 2011, 05:21:30 am »

A light snow storm had settled over Ligoria. Avitus was walking down the streets of Talama in search of an inn, protected from the cold by a long gray fur cape with a hood and a wool coat displaying his coat of arms in purple and black on the chest. He had been working too much lately, and the recent news were not good. Sending and reiceiving runners from all over the Storm Coast had taken his full time commitment, while real matters still needed to be discussed with the Queen and the General. He headed to the Robber's Flask, an inn he had come to like a lot despite its crappy looks since he used to lunch there when he was reviewing the tower.

Avitus entered the Robber's Flask, followed closely by Ulrich - his second bodyguard -, sat at a free table and started reading his book while waiting for his glass of Storm Coat's finest Old Scotch. His current reading was "The recurring cycle of Dragon Empire military maneuvers (300-400a)" which summed up the situation. Suddenly remembering something, he closed his book talked to Ulrich for a bit and received a confirmation in the form of a nod. Word had been sent through the city that he was looking for a good engineer, and to the underground world that he needed a decent spy.

Send word in search of an engineer for a job offer at the (sadly still future) University. (Araph this might be an opportunity for you!)
Try to get a spy to contact me, I'll be waiting for him at the Robber's Flask.

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: November 11, 2011, 06:54:17 am »

Gustav rubbed his temples. He drank a bit too much wine yesterday and now his head thumped slightly. Still, it was worth the information he got yesterday.

It appeared that all major operations in Ligoria required a writ from the queen. This wasn't so unusual, as there were many cities which tried to protect their merchants and required a permission from a merchant to actually set an office there. But usually it was not the ruler himself to grant it, but one of his magistrates. It was quite unusual for a queen herself to take an interest in these things. And, for some reason, most merchants seemed to be deterred by this.

Well, that's what opportunities are made of.

Seek an audience with the queen

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: November 11, 2011, 07:18:35 am »

Search the castle at Vale to see if anything of value, such as equipment, is left.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: November 11, 2011, 10:23:08 am »

William walked to his room, mentally checking how many guards each door had along the way and how many people were belowdecks.
[5] Days of having nothing to do has made the crew lazy. They are scattered over the ship, lazing around. There are no guards, as there isn't anything to be guarded.

Gregor, after downing a pint, went back abord his ship, and set sail to find the pirates.
[4] Pirates don't exactly make their presence known to pirate hunters, but with the information given you are able to narrow your search considerably. [4] After a few weeks of sailing, you encounter a ship flying false colours. On closer inspection, it would appear to be one of your targets, sailing [4] a refitted merchant vessel.

"Are you interested in my offer?"
The man takes a sip of his drink, sits in silence for a while. [3] The silence continues a while longer, but eventually he speaks;

"Mister Thunderblade, I am a man of honour; a master craftsman. I do not make weapons of war, I make exquisite tools of death. The difference is subtle, but it is there. The common soldier does not understand the meaning of my work; to make weapons for them would be a perversion of my nature."

"But you have not said what services you need from me, Mister Thunderblade. I despise the idea of armies full of firearms, but perhaps this is not the services you seek? Perhaps you merely wanted to equip officers, and men who understand death, with hand-crafted pieces worthy of my interest?"

"Tell your leaders I'd like to arrange a meeting with them...at a time and place of their choosing."
The man agrees to convey your message, and several days later returns to you, with an invitation to speak with the Shriners at the Robber's Flask.

Search the castle at Vale to see if anything of value, such as equipment, is left.
[3] ...seems like William's men stripped the place of a lot of its valuables before they left. Well, with a bit of rearranging it doesn't look to bad- the castle is in acceptable shape without it. But it does seem quite bare, and the armoury contains only that which wasn't worth selling; blunt weapons and tattered armour.

Avitus entered the Robber's Flask-, sat at a free table and started reading his book while waiting for his glass of Storm Coat's finest Old Scotch.
"Re-curr-ing cy-cle of military man-eu-vers. My, that's some fancy literature you got there. Worried about the Dragon Empire? Don't be; they invaded a few decades ago, and we beat them back. Recurring cycle is right. My father was a boy back then, had a bunch of stories about what happened. Used to show off this pendant he found on a battlefield, which had fancy empire-writing on it. Said it reminded him that sometimes, war is worth fighting."

Hugo takes a seat uninvited. He lays down a bunch of scrolls and blueprints on the table.

"Just thought I'd drop off the final set of plans. I've spoken with the masons and gotten estimates on the stonework. The outlying buildings will take a while to construct, unless you're willing to bring in extra labour. But basically, everything will be a piece of cake, given time and money. You'll still need to fill the shelves in the libraries- but I can't help you with that. Well, I can recommend a few books, but I think you've read a bit more than I have."
Long Live United Forenia!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: November 11, 2011, 10:50:24 am »

"Gather them up; we'll take them back to Ligoria. We can sell them to poor mercenary groups or possibly blacksmiths for scrap." Tristan looked around the city and smiled to himself. "As for the rest... raze the town and burn it to the ground. Make sure not a man, woman, or child is left; Lord Blackrose is an outlaw and by extension his people are guilty of his crimes. We'll sell the land to the queen and she can build upon a blank slate however she wishes." His men would obey; there was much precedent for it in Dalannori law. If the head of a noble family committed treason, his whole house, family and servants alike, were to be put to the sword.

Loot what's worth looting, then wipe Vale from the map and return to Ligoria. Sell the loot there for however much I can get and see Queen Laythe about the land.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: November 11, 2011, 11:29:21 am »

William stepped into the room he shared with his guards and gave a small imperceptible nod of the head to them. They pulled swords from concealed places in the bunks as William took off his coat,put three bottles of rotgut whiskey in varouis pockets, then strapped his sword to his side and put his coat back on.

Find some way to make the rudder not work anymore, without arising too much suscpicion or raising the alarm.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 11:44:26 am by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 220