Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 232373 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 415a)
« Reply #1290 on: November 09, 2011, 03:46:39 pm »

[4] The man's insulted look remains.

"I cannae pay off me costs with two ducats alone. A ducat'll keep her sailing, but it takes murr than a few shiny pennies to grease palms and do business 'round here. I pay at least a ducat in bribes each year, sonny. You do the math. You want my ship fur the year? Firstly you cannae have it, for regular employment is the bane of man, and second, 'twould cost you four ducats, no two!"

((Yes, it would be cheaper to just buy a new ship and have it forever. Smugglers smuggle, they don't run a rental. Bribes must be paid, whether they are needed or not. The men are used to doing what they please, and wouldn't take well to doing what some crazy noble orders them to.))
Long Live United Forenia!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: November 09, 2011, 03:50:05 pm »

"Alright, sorry for that insulting offer...I only need to stick around for a few more days, then you can drop me off and when I leave, i'll pay another ducat as an apology. Sound good?"
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: November 09, 2011, 03:59:29 pm »

"In any case, you may question the ones that defended the Temple. Go get that guardman to go with you if he's in the city as well, Tristan, I think his name was..."

'Tala' unintentionally smiled at the mention of his name. Whoops.

"As much as I would enjoy that, last I heard he left the city on unexplained business. I will begin my own investigation...."

Action: Tala questions the people at the Shrine who were attacked-who they are, and why someone was seeking to attack them. Imply the Kingdom might be able to protect them from further reprisal if they are honest in the matter...only imply...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: November 09, 2011, 04:05:40 pm »

"Alright, sorry for that insulting offer...I only need to stick around for a few more days, then you can drop me off and when I leave, i'll pay another ducat as an apology. Sound good?"
The offer of extra money makes him perk up. All insults are forgotten- Pride is a cheap commodity, it seems.
"Aye, sure, sure. Ye seem like a nice fellow, you couldna kent the ways of the sea"

Action: Tala questions the [Shriners]
[1] Ah. One problem with that: You will have to find them first. No one bothered to keep track of them after Max was killed, and it would appear that they have up and left their former lodgings- the building that was attacked has been sold, and the new owner has no idea where they went. Though she does say it didn't look like they were going to leave the city- they should still be within the walls.
Long Live United Forenia!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: November 09, 2011, 04:08:54 pm »

Nikephoros didn't bother taking anything with him. It was a simple project after all. Queen should be enthusiastic to it, and when the war machine starts moving in the spring....

He requested meeting with the queen. The poor gal is constantly bombarderd by people and events, but thats the lot of a monarch. No need to go easy on her now if the job is to be done.

Request an audience.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: November 09, 2011, 04:13:05 pm »

Oh you stupid little bastard, and to think for a moment I was going to spare you...

Continue to wait for the Caravan to arrive.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 04:16:25 pm by filiusenox »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: November 09, 2011, 04:31:45 pm »

'Tala' found the shrine empty...and the 'shriners' gone. Only blood stains on the cobblestones...she supposed they had good reason to not be found, anyway. Well, now things got dangerous, didn't they?

Tala continues the search! She has the Handler contact their man in the criminal courts and see if he's picked up any rumors. Also, she now travels armed and with her two guards...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: November 09, 2011, 04:49:02 pm »

Gregor hops of  his boat and observes the port town, its nothing special, just as he remembers it. Its a bit run down in some places, but crime is not much of an issue. He goes to one of his favorite bars, The Singing Maiden he enters the smoke and laughter filled room, knowing his friend Kelly, an old partner of his, will have a job. They had worked together for a long time. Kelly and he ahd served on a fleet of pirate hunters together. Under thier command was The Indeftigable. In a battle against the pirate ship the Wind dancer, the fleet had been defeated by its single canon. They however  boarded and took they ship. They split the money and went thier own ways, Kelly opening a bar, and Herfner repairing the ship. Gregor goes over to Kelly to see if he has a job.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: November 09, 2011, 05:03:00 pm »

Throne room:

"Ah, Vandire, what brings you here?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: November 09, 2011, 05:29:08 pm »

William was fishing off the side of the boat when he saw the Caravan arrive.
Incredibly late, but better late then never..
He carefully wound the reel up and stuck the hook back on the unused end then he put it away before sending one of his guards out with a small message. The guard returned a bit later with another letter which William read before heading into the captain's office room.

He grinned sheepishly at the captain before speaking.
"Well, good sir, this is where I think I get off...But my men would like to thank you for getting me out of Talama alive. They want to throw a party and would be very honored if you and your men could come. So can you?"

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: November 09, 2011, 07:38:38 pm »

"My Queen, I have a request to make. Though I have inspected the army last summer and got into the grips with Ligorian soldiers, I still feel that whatever operations we may plan, they are unfortunately inadequate.
The army as of now is composed of several distinct and good units, but Ligoria does not have a fighting core, or a backbone so to speak. This army needs a solid military doctrine that will take advantage of the country's resources and minimize anty potential damage that might be caused by our enemies.
In order to organize our forces, I have mused and read many things that take into consideration this country's resources and the available tactics. And the conclusion is simple. This country has no iron or horses, but has plenty of men. And men are the most valuable military resource. The idea I have is a simple one, but demanding in execution, especialy so from its commanders and officers.
To realize my project, I will require 4 ducats to pay for the ordered goods, to pay out additional money to the soldiers and to ensure that all elements of the project are in place."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"There are also other nuances and details, but such investment in the soldiers will mean that they will be able to overcome every obstacle and it should not take long before all enemies of ligoria will fear the sound of our boots marching. "

With his long explanation ended, Nikephoros hoped that his warlike queen understood, or at least tried to understand, the core of the idea.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: November 09, 2011, 07:46:11 pm »

Kathos smiled.

"A minor invasion from the Dragon Empire allows you to 'try something'... Can I have more information on the subject?"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: November 09, 2011, 08:21:24 pm »

Kathos smiled.

"A minor invasion from the Dragon Empire allows you to 'try something'... Can I have more information on the subject?"
"You know how the storm coast is disjointed and fragmented? I can use this to end that..."

To Vandire:
"Well, your job is slightly easier. The equipment is already standardized. But apart from that...

What did you need to make these reforms happen?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1303 on: November 09, 2011, 08:30:35 pm »

"Druids, we need to honor the gods. Prepare a sacrificial fire, and send one of the men out farther into the forest to search for herbs," said Oli'c. Lowering his voice, he said, "Bring the other one here, and blind him, then gag and tie him out."

Send one of the men out into the forest. Blindfold, gag, and tie up the other, and prepare a fire.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: November 09, 2011, 08:39:10 pm »

"Essentially, money to recompensate the troops and organize proper facilities. The training will be heavy and constant, unlke practices right now. Then the separate pikemen and swords formations will be disbanded and the soldiers combined to form this new type of unit. The shields may have to be ditched to allow for mixing of swords and pikes in compact formation.

I expect people to grumble at the discipline, that is why they have to be recompensated. The level od discipline that until now was found only in elite units or exclusive mercenary regiments will be now imposed on ordinary toopers. I know it is a lot of work, but to organize men like that will mean advantage over every other unit, be it pikes or swords or cavalry. "
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 220