Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 232358 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 415a)
« Reply #1260 on: November 08, 2011, 07:09:52 pm »

Action: Tala investigates the recent trouble Max Yeskly caused
[1] Of course, your investigation turns up a LOT of hearsay. So much infact that you either think that they never saw him, or he may be a monster.

Could just ask the queen herself though...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: November 08, 2011, 07:28:14 pm »

"Indeed. I bought a winery in spring, and now it's starting to sell. It's a good way of making profits..."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: November 08, 2011, 07:30:15 pm »

'Tala' shook her head. What a mess! She was half convinced people were hiding things from her deliberately. Which, they were of course. She figured it would be interesting to speak to the Queen again.

It was all a distraction, anyway-any 'investigation' she was doing, could easily cover any number of actual illicit activities...

Ask for another audience with the Queen to discuss the matter...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: November 08, 2011, 07:37:30 pm »

Kill Max Yeskly
The rumour of Max's death spreads. [4] After some time, it reaches the Archbishop of Moun. It takes him a while to figure out that the rumours are true, but, a few weeks after you chucked him off the wall, a man arrives, in full Mounish regalia, showing off his papers like a good citizen. Another Peacekeeper, come to ask why Yeskly died. And finish his work, if he can. He doesn't seem upset, and is very courteous to those he speaks with.
((You can leave this for a while, given that most people are not a few weeks into winter yet, but I figure this stands fairly alone from other people's actions. So, it's up to you to decide whether you want to have this conversation now or wait until later.))

Herfner knows Iif he lingers to long, more pirates will arive. So he goes back toward Korlan to port.
The contents of the pirate's hold will pay for repairs to your ship, and your men's wages. Unfortunately, those expenses aside, all that's left to keep is small change. Still, you should be able to sail without troubles for the next year, and there will be more pirates. And if times are tough, maybe there will be merchants? I don't know, do you do that sort of thing?
Your travel unchallenged back to port. And what a port it is. I could surely spend paragraphs describing it!
But, really, I shouldn't have to describe it to you, should I? No, Herfner tells it best, doesn't he? He can tell us where he got his ship, where he got his cannons, where he got his crew, what he is doing in Korlan, and what sort of port he spends his shore leave in. I'm sure it would be an interesting tale.
Long Live United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: November 08, 2011, 07:55:20 pm »

Throne room, with the Mounish peacekeeper.
"Yeskly died due to breaking one of my Edicts. He brought a regiment in in order to harm the Citizens of Talama. I was not aware that he was a peacekeeper though. However the Bishop has no power here, so he had best have a good reason for doing so..."

With Tala:
"Someone tried to raid one of the Temples. The ringleader was killed, and the rest of his men are going to make for a nice warm-up show in the arena..."

Lounge/Parlour:
"Ah, that'll explain it. I hope it does well for you Kathos, at least as well as you have done for me."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: November 08, 2011, 08:04:10 pm »

To Queen
"Are there any leads as to why? The People are already worried about the violence in the streets of Talama-perhaps we should discover his motives, if you think it important enough to warrant an investigation...I somehow doubt so numerous and armed a band as you described attacked a temple in the center of the city for mere robbery."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: November 08, 2011, 08:12:09 pm »

With Hugo..

"Just a small one, Hugo. It can be any tattoo really, just needs to have", Retcyl draws a strange emblem on Hugo's hand which looks a bit like a simplified flower with an eye if you squint,"this on it."

The Vale...

"My men are Northerners...They're more used to the cold than other hatcuri. They need to practice their skills anyway."

Karafs ignored the lizard comment. He honestly didn't care about it at all, he was used to all kind of insults.

"And yes, you were looking at the steward, but you didn't hear me or notice my presence at all."
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 08:17:47 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: November 08, 2011, 08:19:58 pm »

"I have no clue to that Tala. But he should've knew this would happen if he did what he did. Only thing is that the Archbishop of Moun sent him..."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: November 08, 2011, 08:31:11 pm »

@Queen

"The last thing we need is Religious troubles here...I will question those who defended in the temple personally, and find out exactly what this man was seeking therein.

I could question his soldiers as well, but for that I would need your permission to pardon those to a lesser sentence, if they were willing to help me. I only ask so because I cannot fault his soldiers for loyally following their Commanders orders, even if he was a craven fool-they may have been operating under false pretenses. I would spare them myself, but in truth, I have never ordered the death of anyone-so you can not trust my feelings on this matter to be entirely clear.

In any case, I will abide by the decision you make, Queen Laythe.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: November 08, 2011, 08:35:28 pm »

"In any case, you may question the ones that defended the Temple. Go get that guardman to go with you if he's in the city as well, Tristan, I think his name was..."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: November 08, 2011, 08:52:37 pm »

Strip the castle of any useless ornamentation and sell it before Tristan arrives at Vale.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: November 08, 2011, 09:20:40 pm »

Throne room, with the Mounish peacekeeper.
"Yeskly died due to breaking one of my Edicts. He brought a regiment in in order to harm the Citizens of Talama. I was not aware that he was a peacekeeper though. However the Bishop has no power here, so he had best have a good reason for doing so..."
The man speaks in a quiet tone, with the utmost respect, and with the occasional... pause in his speaking.

"I see. Madam, you are a new ruler, and I can understand that you might not know this, but the Peacekeepers of Moun have long had an... understanding with the governments of other cities. We serve to keep people of differing religions at peace with one another, which sometimes involves removing those who are particularly... outspoken against those not of their faith. This, most nations concede, is a valuable service; we can all agree that religious turmoil is... upsetting.
We keep our actions discreet, and in exchange, we are granted certain dispensations from regular laws vis a vis murder and the carrying of weapons. Of course, this fact is not widely advertised, and I understand that you ascended to the throne quite recently in an... unorthodox manner, so it is understandable that you may not have been informed of this state of affairs.
Although, of course, if Yeskly did not inform you of his Peacekeeper status, he could not expect special treatment. As I said, we like to keep our dealings... discreet, which may involve not informing the proper authorities before acting. However, upon capture, one would expect him to reveal his status. Is it perhaps the case that in their... zeal to capture him, your guards rendered Yeskly... incapable of revealing anything?"

"Ah, but what is done is... done. Yeskly is dead, and the Archbishop does not wish to make an issue of it. He forgives easily. However, and getting back to your question, there is still the matter of Yeskly's mission, his reason for coming here. A group of dangerous religious fanatics fled Moun recently, and we understand that they came here. Yeskly's task was to make sure they would not cause any... trouble. If he died before completing this mission, it is quite possible they are still at large in the city, and in this case his duties fall upon me."

"Just a small one, Hugo. It can be any tattoo really, just needs to have", Retcyl draws a strange emblem on Hugo's hand which looks a bit like a simplified flower with an eye if you squint,"this on it."
"Like branding cattle", Hugo jokes. "Well, I can have someone set that in ink. Is there anything else?"

Strip the castle of any useless ornamentation and sell it before Tristan arrives at Vale.
It isn't a very richly decorated castle, and much of what there is cannot be quickly removed and sold. [4/4=1] But you manage to strip it of a reasonable amount of loot, which, pawned off to passing merchants, leaves you a ducat richer.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: November 08, 2011, 09:40:52 pm »

"Would you be able to provide a basic rundown on the beliefs of the fanatics?"

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: November 08, 2011, 09:52:46 pm »

"Uhm, thank you."

Kathos took another sip of wine. He had not done that much for Laythe - in fact, the only good thing he did for the kingdom since his arrival was when he managed to buy a land for 4 ducats - so he did not really know what to say.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: November 08, 2011, 09:55:01 pm »

"Would you be able to provide a basic rundown on the beliefs of the fanatics?"
"The suspects are former members of the Holy Church of the Eastern Shrine. I did not think to ask as to what their belief entails The important thing is that they refuse to live peacefully alongside members of other faiths, and/or that they may cause harm to the peace of the Storm Coast through their policies."
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 220