Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 232355 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 415a)
« Reply #1245 on: November 08, 2011, 05:33:03 pm »

((I assume Karafs is still in the room, he hasn't exactly been told to leave.))

"If you are done with this speaking, we should really start stripping this place of all that is to be moved."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: November 08, 2011, 05:35:41 pm »

"Didn't you allready leave the room?"
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: November 08, 2011, 05:39:29 pm »

"People say that a lot about my kind...my clan's known for their silence. I was never told to leave and so I decided to stay here, in the shadows."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: November 08, 2011, 05:40:44 pm »

"Shadows. Your bloody well sitting under the light!"

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: November 08, 2011, 05:43:24 pm »

"Exactly. Your people can't see the shadows...I'm not insane, you just don't have the gift...You wouldn't understand...My master doesn't either."

"The trick here is that you didn't notice I was still here."
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: November 08, 2011, 05:45:36 pm »

"FUCKING PSYCOBITCH, GIVE ME A SWORD AND I WILL DIE IN THE ARENA!!!!!"
"Heh, you don't realize what we do to criminals in the arena."

Laythe stops right there, on the north wall. You're placed onto the battlements, and you realize how you're going to die. Via falling

[5] As you are pushed, your brain shuts off most of your nervous system. You died a painless death when you collided with the water atleast...

"No need to apologize... Ruling a Kingdom is no easy work, Your Highness..."

He said nothing else, still waiting to see where this conversation was headed.

"I know. I wasn't exactly being raised for rulership. And my anger... I know it's a fairly big problem for everyone, What with the lockdown and such..."

Laythe sighs, then takes a sip of the wine

"Hm, this stuff must be from a new winery..."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: November 08, 2011, 05:57:08 pm »

"I indeed have something in mind. I was thinking about the old watchtower in the lower east district of Talama, and its adjacent grounds. It used to be the estate of the Rowc family, whose only known survivor I suspect to be that "Crow" who caused most of the recent troubles. An artist like yourself will surely find the irony fascinating" Avitus looked at the bird, grinning.
After a dramatic pause, he continued:
" Anyway. The infrastructure of that tower, though old, seems sturdy. What I will mostly need is interior redesign. There are five floors, and a sixth, open sky level that might be covered without much hassle. The sixth floor shall be my own study and appartments. See if you can find a way to make a balcony up there so I can place my 'telescope'. For the rest of the tower, it is up to you, I will need a lecture hall, three sizeable library rooms, and a, erm... Dissection room in the basement for human and animal biology studies. In place of the sheds outside of the tower, a first building should be a dormitory and dining hall for the students. That will be all for the absolute minima. For the rest, feel free to extrapolate on your sketches. As for style, keep it simple but it must convey a feeling of solemnity and sobriety. Here is a key to the property - I put new locks on the doors to make sure this place remains empty- go look around, take measurements, an do whatever you need to do. And here is a summary of my demands. How much time do you think it will take you to provide me with plans and an estimate for such a project? While talking, he had taken several scrolls and a big iron key out of his panther fur coat's interior pockets and place them on a relatively empty space on Hugo's desk.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: November 08, 2011, 06:13:49 pm »

"Hugp, as you know us hatcuri are leaving...Yes we could as easily stay, but I have my honour...Even to the smallfolk. Course without any hatcuri here, this is barely an Embassy...Which is why I'm promoting you. If you accept, you shall become an honoured citizen of Hatcur and be trusted with some of the beauty and wealth of it...If you accept, of course. You'll have to watch for hatcuri interest here and be my envoy to Ligoria."
Hugo nods as you speak, still painting. He continues to paint after you finish; using a tiny brush to detail the faces of the ship's crew. After a while, he speaks.

"Well, I was expecting this sort of offer the moment I heard you had to leave."

He puts down his brush, and turns towards you. His face is solemn. He sighs heavily.

"I don't want to accept this offer. I value my freedom, and my impartiality. I am more one to enjoy the world as it goes that to stand above it and shape its course.
However... I don't want to see my work wasted, and I don't want to see the Hacturi banished and useless. And I have had a lot of fun acting in your name so far.
So, even though I don't want to, I feel compelled to accept. I am prepared to stay here, run this place, and, ah, serve as your representative. At least until you can return. Beasts below, this isn't how I saw my life going- then again, I didn't really have a plan. I guess a man with no heading shouldn't fight the current, eh?"

"How much time do you think it will take you to provide me with plans and an estimate for such a project?
Hugo looks up at mention of the Crow. His eyes join yours in looking at Kraai, but he says nothing.

"Well, sounds like you have a plan. The old watchtower... yes, I know the place. Never looked around inside, but it looked alright from the outside. The one with the huge windows, right? Yes, yes."

Hugo picked up the key and rolled it through his fingers.

"I should be able to take a look around sometime this week. A few days work to draw up some plans, ask around for masons and carpenters looking for work- You are residing in the palace at the moment, right? Can I visit you with proposed blueprints some time next week?"
Long Live United Forenia!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: November 08, 2011, 06:20:48 pm »

"Aye. Don't worry friend, it's temporary...Just wait and see. William and I will be back...And you'll have the chance to paint for all of hatcuridom! Seriously, I haven't seen a good painter in Hatcur for years."
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: November 08, 2011, 06:24:51 pm »

Herfner knows Iif he lingers to long, more pirates will arive. So he goes back toward Korlan to port.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: November 08, 2011, 06:38:49 pm »

Surprised by the last comment of the Queen, Kathos took a sip from his wine, and he smiled.

"Indeed, I think it comes from my business. I'm glad to know it managed to reach the palace's cellar."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: November 08, 2011, 06:45:43 pm »

"It tastes... fresh. I guess you only just started making the wines?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: November 08, 2011, 06:49:06 pm »

"Aye. Don't worry friend, it's temporary...Just wait and see. William and I will be back...And you'll have the chance to paint for all of hatcuridom! Seriously, I haven't seen a good painter in Hatcur for years."
Hugo forces a smile.

"I always wondered what Hactur looked like; I suppose this might bring me closer to answering that question. Well, anyway. Do I need to get one of your tattoos, then, or how are we doing this?"
Long Live United Forenia!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: November 08, 2011, 07:02:00 pm »

"Because I was looking at Thomas."
He looked up.
"Anyway, your regiment may camp inside the walls, or we can try and find you rooms in the castle? It's a bit cold out for liz- Hatcuri to be outside this time of year, isn't?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: November 08, 2011, 07:03:24 pm »

'Tala' was taken to pacing the walls again-where she could sometimes get signals from her agents.

No sightings of the Crow lately. He must be nesting for the Winter, she thought.

She looked further into the distance-soon, there would be a single rider coming, travelling at a dangerous speed. No doubt with some important news! Maybe an invasion or something. Heh. 'Tala' smiled into the darkness.

She thought back to the Executions today-apparently the Queen threw someone named 'Max Yeskly' off the wall, was the word. Her Spy in the criminal courts had mentioned how the body was fished out of the water and stripped afterwards by street urchins...no doubt some child was wearing a pair of boots a few sizes too big for him tonight. Some sort of religious mess, maybe.

Given that she was unoccupied for the moment, it would be prudent to do an investigation...something to pass the time till things got really exciting.

Action: Tala investigates the recent trouble Max Yeskly caused
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 220