Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 232221 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Autumn 415a)
« Reply #1095 on: November 06, 2011, 08:45:07 pm »

((Seriously, good rolls this turn))
Explore the pine trees, looking for anything strange.

[5] One of your more loyal druids finds a gold ring stuck on a branch and brings it back to you.
[5] You find enough "Stiffwort" to fill up half a bag, after digging through the pine needles a bit.
[6] There's a faint whiff of rotten meat on the wind.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: November 06, 2011, 09:53:27 pm »

Recruit more disciples and dismiss those who question the religion of Food.OOC: I'm back.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: November 07, 2011, 12:20:39 am »

1 Heavy Carrack, 2 Holds [6 move]

Vasir: 2x Flax ->Galam [-1M]
Galam: NONE->Ligoria [-1M]
Ligoria: 2x LQ->Lechem [-1M]
Lechem: 2x Fish->Galam [-1M]
Galam: NONE->Vasir [-1M]
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: November 07, 2011, 12:56:01 am »

"He still needs to be informed, but yes, the arrangement stands as is."

He smiles, "Then we see no reason to ammend the deal. We like having the use of a legitimate building. Less questions asked means less throats slit in the street!"
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: November 07, 2011, 01:00:12 am »

"Ah good, just remember, pretend that you've converted."

Retcyl bows and says goodbye.

Once the messenger left, Retcyl turned towards William. "Ah...sorry bout that. I've been dealing with the Underworld somewhat. They're efficient and I don't see why they haven't been hired on as the Royal Espionage Agency or something like that."

"Now, let's see...Well your Hatcuri now, just need to apply the tattoo. Just ask for Befiytn he knows how to do this. After you do that, then we need to discuss our plan of action...which will involve the Crow, an island, and some espionage."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: November 07, 2011, 09:51:33 am »

((Don't need a roll I just didn't want to write that much fluff for getting a tattoo...))
"Because the queen is an idiot with no finesse and no real experience ruling."

William goes and gets tattooed by Befiytn.

William trudged through the door and sat back down. He absent-mindedly itched the bandage over the new tattoo.
"There."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: November 07, 2011, 10:34:10 am »

"Hello, poppet. Retcyl was just explaining the situation. Sounds like you fell afoul of Psychobitch. Ha, she must be a witch, what with turning you into a lizard."

Hugo grins widely.

"And now you are forced to leave the city? Such a shame we didn't catch the crow, he could've shown you some places to hide. Oh well. I'm sure Retcyl has some brilliant plan all thought out. It's not like Laythe will be able to rule for much longer, if this is how she treats such... fine people as yourself."

"Well, send me a postcard. I will, of course, be staying in town, creating art, maybe keeping an ear open for helpful information."
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 11:01:08 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: November 07, 2011, 11:35:05 am »

When speaking to Hugo
His voice is calm and a smile twitches at his lips.
"I would say she will last two years, give or take..."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: November 07, 2011, 11:47:02 am »

1 Heavy Carrack, 2 Holds [6 move]

Vasir: 2x Flax ->Galam [-1M]
Galam: NONE->Ligoria [-1M]
Ligoria: 2x LQ->Lechem [-1M]
Lechem: 2x Fish->Galam [-1M]
Galam: NONE->Vasir [-1M]

[3] B 3.0
[6] S 3.5
[5] B 3.2
[1] S 3.3
[5] B 3.1
[2] S 3.2

You start the season's trading off with a good start, though it stops being such smooth sailing as soon as you reach Lechem. After that your bad luck doesn't stop at Galam, with there being quite a few independant merchants active this season.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: November 07, 2011, 12:58:06 pm »

Henry arrives at the gate unimpeded, a few groups of patrolling soldiers give him menacing glances. But they don't do anything to him.
The gatekeep is wearing a thin cloak and was eating his lunch when Henry interrupted him.
"So whadda want?"
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 12:59:42 pm by filiusenox »

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: November 07, 2011, 01:04:40 pm »

The days following the 'Crow Incident' –as Avitus called it in his records– the scholar went back to the watchtower a few times, after taking all the rare books he had found, and took precise measurements of the available space and the number of usable floors. He had a plan. Of course he would need a little bit of money from the treasury, but that was the easy part. The hard one would be to recruit students amongst the seemingly retarded nobility of Ligoria and its surroundings who didn't want their children to receive any form of education.

Take ACTUAL measurements of the watchtower (nb of floors and usable surface).

Detaching a small parchment from his saddle, he flashed it at the gatekeeper an said:
"I would like to talk to your master, on behalf of Queen Laythe of Ligoria who sent me, and the head of diplomatic affairs Avitus Traianus who signed this authorization paper."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: November 07, 2011, 01:12:05 pm »

The gatekeep snatched the paper out of Henry's hand and read through it. He held up breifly to the light. Then he handed it back.
"My lordship does not wish to speak with anybody at this time, the castle is on lock-down until further notice...although perhaps I could let you speak with the mayor...for a price of course..."

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: November 07, 2011, 01:25:46 pm »

Henry turned a cold glance upon the guard. "Do you really believe trying to extort money from an official emissary of the Queen is a proper attitude for a soldier of your rank? Doesn't your Lord reward your services according to their true value? Or maybe I was wrong to see you as a honest and loyal man and you are just a drunk hoping a silver coin will help you get through the night. Either lead me to your mayor or keep that door closed, it is your call as a gatekeeper after all. But do not try overstepping your limits again."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: November 07, 2011, 01:34:43 pm »

Take ACTUAL measurements of the watchtower (nb of floors and usable surface).
As previously mentioned, the tower has five (high-ceilinged) floors before one reaches the roof. There is space for a sixth floor above the fifth, but it has been left open. The floors are fairly large, and the tower is well built from dark stone and aged timbers.
[5] Certainly it would be no trouble to turn this into a respectable university. A bit on the small side, but enough space to house a large collection of books, plenty of room to study, and a lecture hall. You could quite easily lay floorboards across the open space above the fifth floor and create a sixth. Also, the tower is surrounded by a few empty sheds and such, which are part of the structure, and could be replaced with any sort of ancillary facilities.
Long Live United Forenia!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: November 07, 2011, 01:41:06 pm »

((Damnit, a six!))
A look of insulted fury crosses the Gatekeep's face as he fumbles in his cloak for his sword.
[6] But luckily for Henry a man wearing a wolf-skin cloak looks down on the scene and Gatekeep reluctantly puts the sword away. After a brief exchange in Mirish  -mainly describing the papers- the cloaked man calls down.
"You have to be searched and all your weapons must be removed if you are to see the Lord-Mayor. Failure to comply will result in being turned away. If you smuggle in a weapon, you will be instantly killed upon drawing it. Do you understand?"
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 01:43:45 pm by filiusenox »
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 220