Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 232196 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Autumn 415a)
« Reply #1020 on: November 03, 2011, 07:32:34 pm »

Find someone selling firearms.
[1] You're unable to locate anyone selling firearms. Most of the weaponsmiths are focused on making melee weapons and what ranged weapons you can find for sale are either shortbows or crossbows...

"Yoohoo, Lord of Crows-I do believe you owe me dinner after ruining both of my parties. If I wasn't suspicious, I'd say you were fond of me. I'll even let you choose when to pick me up."

The bait was set-the challenge laid out. Would he bite? Well, she couldn't say. It was bound to be interesting, at least.

Action: Taunt the Crow!
[6-1=5]

"Ah, madame, you're a fine host, now would you kindly help the crow out?"

[1] Unsurprisingly he tries to take you hostage, Surprisingly you turn the tables on him, and end up using him as a human shield.

"Oh dear, I believe this time I won't get away. Would you kindly give me the pleasure of a kiss before the queen's brutes get here?"
Appraise how many guards are in the room.
[5] You get an accurate count. There's Laythe's personal bodyguards, then theres about four guards on either side of the room and the two guarding the door behind you. You also remember that the royal barracks are nearby, though the troops there are a bit busy with the Crow.

Attack the door with the golden battering ram (seriously, who needs that?) and when that fails, throw some of these scepters and heirlooms at it. Then using this expensive Old Elbrethian Pick, try to unlock the door.

There is no golden battering ram. It wouldn't have fit in here :P

((Vandire should have the message about you being in the wall about now though...))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: November 03, 2011, 07:36:48 pm »

No firearms? What kind of city was this? For a few minutes he thought about using a cannon to take down the crow, but since there were no firearms in the city, finding a cannon was highly unlikely. If he was going to have his weapons, he would need to travel.

Try to learn what's the nearest place where firearms can be found.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: November 03, 2011, 07:38:52 pm »

Nikephoros dozed off in his clothes after the night of hopeless searching. He was awoken by a mixture of shouts from the courtyard and the banging on his door.

It turned out to be one of the troopers with a message about a hatcuri stuck behind a wall. Oh and that there was some manhandling going on on the walls.
Still barely awake, he said with a yawn:
"Call off the troops and send a unit to where the hatcuri is. Secure the location until my arrival. I'm going on the walls to see what is going on..."

Send a unit of soldiers to secure Rectyl's location. Go on the walls, folowing the soldiers rushing after someone.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 07:41:59 pm by Ardas »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: November 03, 2011, 07:40:37 pm »

Windowstill of Hugo's room:

Hugo finds a familiar face (Well, eyes and beak) return, if a bit scruffled...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: November 03, 2011, 07:41:19 pm »

Tristan stood on the deck of the ship, his left foot on a small box before him, elbow resting on his raised knee and chin supported on his hand. Occasionally  his index finger would move, smoothing his mustache down as the salty sea air ruffled his hair. Je n'en reviens pas... to be so far from Dalannor. On a clear day it is almost possible to see Ligoria from the castle and now here I am, approaching its harbor. He smiled to himself and straightened up. I suppose I must prepare the men to meet sa majesté la reine. He had heard a few stories of Queen Laythe Ralia, but it was idle gossip from bored noblemen and women who talked carelessly, ignoring the guards they walked past daily. He wondered if she really was seven feet tall in armor too heavy for most men, had slain her family and anyone that looked at her funny for that matter, and had all the patience of a hurricane. I suppose I'll find out.

He headed into the hold, gathered his things and put on the Ligorian armor he had been given, then strapped his sword to his waist and his shield to his back. "All right men. I know I shouldn't have to say this, but protocol demands it." He gave the gathered watchmen a small smile. Most smiled back, mainly because he was still a royal guardsman no matter what armor he was wearing, but some stayed stone-faced and impersonal. Good, that was what they were trained to do. "We are representing Dalannor here, so be on your best behavior for at least the first week. Assist the watch here however possible. No boozing, no whoring, no gambling... at least for the first week. We don't want people to think we came here to act unprofessionally."

Tristan folded his arms behind his back. "When we arrive, I'll try to secure an audience with the Queen. Lambert, Prideux, you two are to secure lodgings. Afterward, join the rest and get to know your fellow watchmen. Get familiar with the laws and streets. I'll repeat it one more time: remember, how we behave reflects on our entire country. I don't want an incident that could lower Dalannor's standing with Ligoria." A sailor came down and tapped him on the shoulder, letting him know they had pulled into port. "All right. First assignment: help these sailors unload the cargo, voudriez-vous avoir la bonté?"

Exiting the ship, he approached the harbormaster and raised a hand in greeting, unsure if he should greet him as they did in his home. "Salut. I am Tristan Winterbourne, an emissary from Dalannor. Can you tell me who I need to speak with to get an audience with the Queen?"

Ask the Harbormaster how to get an audience with the Queen, and also the fastest way to the castle.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: November 03, 2011, 07:50:48 pm »

Try to learn what's the nearest place where firearms can be found.
[6] Firearms? Firearms? Where on earth are you going to find people selling firearms?

Not, as you know, on the main street.

Or the side streets.

Or in the alcoves off the alleyways around the back of the side streets.

But, maybe- just maybe- if you happen to drop by the Serpent's Pier, round about midnight, when ships are unloaded and loaded without necessarily reporting said actions to the proper authorities, you will find a boat. A small boat, not much to look at. Medium-sized fishing vessel, retooled for longer voyages.
And on this boat, you may find a man. A man with no eyebrows, and burns all over his body. And this man will offer you firearms.
And these firearms will be special.
They will not be legal.
But by god, they will be special. You want a man dead, and want to look impressive making it happen? Can't be bothered getting close, or reloading a crossbow? This guy has the answer. It'll cost you a pretty penny, but he asks no questions, and if he doesn't have it, he can make it.

Or you could head over to Shola. The boffins at the university there like to mess around with blackpowder. They should be able to provide a few simple pieces.

...a single tear rolls down Hugo's cheek.

"Took you long enough. Stupid bird. Tch. Well, I suppose you can come in. I think I have some old bread lying around here somewhere..."

Long Live United Forenia!

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: November 03, 2011, 07:52:40 pm »

Meet with the man, of course.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: November 03, 2011, 07:53:11 pm »

Send a unit of soldiers to secure Rectyl's location. Go on the walls, folowing the soldiers rushing after someone.

The troops find the wall where the Hatcuri is behind. You follow the soldiers yelling and such, and after listening to them for a bit you find that they got the crow!

Ask the Harbormaster how to get an audience with the Queen, and also the fastest way to the castle.
"Aye lad. Quickest path is through the residential quarters, then straight up the plaza to the fortifications. Gurads can guide you the rest of the way. Your troops would be advised to head to either the guard captain, considering they seem more of a guard troops than proper soldiers. No offense about that though."

...a single tear rolls down Hugo's cheek.

"Took you long enough. Stupid bird. Tch. Well, I suppose you can come in. I think I have some old bread lying around here somewhere..."

Kraai caws once, then points a wing towards the palace. You hear a commotion within the walls right after Kraai points it out.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: November 03, 2011, 07:54:26 pm »

'Tala' had the man figured out right off-he had tried to appraise her as a noble hostage, and had tried to be a bit too gentle-he really was a gentleman after all, it seemed-her martial arts training had taken over, and well, that was that.

And yet...she smiles and-looking around to make sure no one sees-relaxes her grip so the crow can escape.

She speaks quietly and quickly.

"Make it look good-you'll have to throw me off in case anyone is watching. I've no personal interest in seeing such an intriguing gentleman such as you in chains-the pleasure of catching you is perhaps reserved for my good friend Hugo, who I'm sure you know by now. Farewell, Crow-and, I am looking forward to a second date. Maybe next time our positions will be reversed..."

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: November 03, 2011, 07:59:07 pm »

After his failure of an escape plan with the imaginary ram, Retcyl lied down to rest.

A little after that, he heard armoured men running behind the wall.

"In here, gentlemen."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: November 03, 2011, 07:59:21 pm »

"Ah, thank you madame, I shall not forget this!"

[3] He runs off slowly to the gate (you see why after seeing the hole and the wound squarely on the bared buttock), [6] Grabs his wings and flys over the walls!

[3] Unfortunately one of the wings got a crossbow quarrel in it, though it happened to be the frame so not much damage apart from some superficial holes in it.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: November 03, 2011, 08:01:58 pm »

YOU'LL DIE. I'll burn this piece of shit town and everyone in it. Starting with you, love.
You released me from fealty.Ohhoho bad idea..

Wiliam's hand twitched towards his leg. He stared into the queen's eyes.And then smiled faintly.
" Must I go back to Lonemine or may I just leave the country?"
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: November 03, 2011, 08:04:18 pm »

"Crow? Where? On the walls with someone? AFTER HIM!"

Nikephoros almost forgot the feeling of the murderous obsession and haterd that one can harbour for one's foe. But here he was, an old git shouting after a crazy stuntman. Was it the circumstances or was it the person he was after, but Nikephoros felt as he could not think of anything but catching that stupid bastard.

As he got to the top of the wall, he saw the Crow flying off , and a familiar figure, standing on the wall by herself.

"He got away? Whow, what where..... You, Tala, what did you see, have you spoken to him? WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!"
Nikephoros' voice was full of frustration and anger.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: November 03, 2011, 08:07:09 pm »

"Ah, none taken," Tristan responded with a polite bow. "Merci, monsieur." He looked at the watchmen unloading the cargo. "Aimée, Joséphine, Sébastien. Walk with me, if you would," he said. Perhaps it would be better to take a small entourage with him, for his own protection. He didn't know the streets yet or how dangerous they would be. In fact it would be safer to assume there was some danger, because why else would they be sent there, and was it not... healthier... to take three allies and not need them than to take none and not have any? The selected watchmen left their duties and followed him down through the residential quarters, looking around and taking the sights in.

Eventually they reached the fortifications and Tristan raised a hand to the guards. "Hello. My name is Tristan Winterbourne, an emissary and palace guard from Dalannor. I seek an audience with Queen Ralia," he said, trying to stay on his best behavior.

Introduce myself to the guards and, if possible, gain an audience with the Queen. Make sure to ask the guards about recent troubles in the city while we walk if this happens. If not possible, ask about making an appointment, then go to a nearby tavern and listen to rumors to get a feel for recent happenings in the city.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: November 03, 2011, 08:12:50 pm »

YOU'LL DIE. I'll burn this piece of shit town and everyone in it. Starting with you, love.
You released me from fealty.Ohhoho bad idea..

Wiliam's hand twitched towards his leg. He stared into the queen's eyes.And then smiled faintly.
" Must I go back to Lonemine or may I just leave the country?"
"Right back to the Lonemine whence you came!"

Introduce myself to the guards and, if possible, gain an audience with the Queen. Make sure to ask the guards about recent troubles in the city while we walk if this happens. If not possible, ask about making an appointment, then go to a nearby tavern and listen to rumors to get a feel for recent happenings in the city.
"Well, the queen only knows the crow got shot, so she'll hopefully be in a good mood still, though you'll have to wait for the audience."

The guard points out the flying figure

"Bastard stole his own pants right off himself. Like he didn't know who's he was stealing, though at the very least he won't be back around here for a while, due to the fact he'll be recuperating from that whipping."
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 220