Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 232186 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Autumn 415a)
« Reply #1005 on: November 03, 2011, 06:11:11 pm »

"Full story, now."

Laythe started to look annoyed when he offered the choice of a "revised" recount. He had something to hide, or atleast she thinks he does...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: November 03, 2011, 06:37:04 pm »

"Whilst I was out hunting in the unclaimed parcels of land to the north, I spotted a man in the woods, half dead. After my guards and me nursed him back to health, he recounted how he was the bastard son of the local baron, who unjustly tried to kill him...I...I got drunk that night in camp, and he placed me under a geas to get him recompose for his troubles."

William's voice goes slightly bitter.
“My people can not break a geas or a promise...so I traveled to the Baron's castle and stayed the night. The baron's wife was quite distraught over something in the basement, so me and my two guards headed down there to fight and- if need be- kill it.
It turned out to be a pile of bones, so I went and got the Baron, who babbled about old gods returning, then killed his wife then, before we could do anything, turned the blade on him."

Here William's voice is tinged with sorrow and regret.
“The baron was quite dead, but the baroness was still breathing, so I
 attempted to save her, but I was too late...
The local priests arrived the next day and tried to consecrate the site, but those mad men of the castle! They killed innocent priests! I saw they meant to kill me and my guards next, so I had to fight...and unfortunately kill several people in order to save me and my men's lives. I sealed the gate but not before I sent one of my men out to rally my men, because the guards that escaped rallied and tried to take back the castle. My men were forced to cut them down..."

“I heard that the other local lords were quite mad at me, so before I could install the bastard son of the Baron, I met with them. They immediately hated me for ruining whatever treacherous schemes they had on that land. Most of them were petty bandit-lords and mercenaries. In the meeting several brought forth a letter and said that this was move on their lands because they denied your highness. I assured them it was an unhappy accident, but they did not believe me. But I managed to talk three of them into joining Ligoria for a few petty sums and a small title each."

“But here is the part you will exile me over and I hope you do… Three parcels of land joined Shola while the rest left in a foul mood..."

Here William bows again.
“I have made an enemy for Ligoria, and I hope you can show mercy on me, by merely exiling me, instead of killing me or throwing me to the arena."
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: November 03, 2011, 06:39:20 pm »

"Blast. I hate goosechases like this. Next time make sure you know what you are looking for."

Nikephoros looked annoyed with this turn of events.
Nonetheless I am still willing to trust you. If you have any other leads then tell me. For now its back to the palace. I'm calling the search off for now, but all guards are to remain on high alert.

Call off the search. Return to my quarters in the palace. Guards are to remain on high alert.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 06:40:56 pm by Ardas »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: November 03, 2011, 06:41:45 pm »

[2] Seems the queen has caught onto a tell. She knows some bits are false.

"The truth, William. I want to know EVERYTHING!"

She slammed her armoured fist into the throne's armrest...

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: November 03, 2011, 06:48:57 pm »

William's pretense of humility vanished. He was grinning and standing straighter.
"Heh. Fine. You want to know the truth? I killed everyone in that castle becuase they attacked and almost killed my guards. Not becuase they killed the priests or becuase of some bastard asking me to. I met with the nobles to try and ease their fears of me, three of them joined Shola and the rest hate me. Two of them are selling their lands to me for two ducats a peice and a Ligorian title. The third is selling his for five ducats, but I'll get them for cheaper."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: November 03, 2011, 06:52:56 pm »

"And what of the late baron's lands?!"

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: November 03, 2011, 06:56:42 pm »

William is still tensed for fight or flight.
"They are under the control of a scholar I found and recruited to be the mayor. He doesn't know anything about anything, so if your going to kill me for treason I would like it quite a bit if you spared him as well as my soliders."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: November 03, 2011, 07:04:04 pm »

"I'll--"

[1] The queen is cut off by a familiar figure dropping behind you. You hear the sounds of a pair of pants being taken off, then the crow bursts out from behind you carrying his own pants!

[4] He quickly realizes this and shoots through an open window (Without the wings though), trying to get his own pants back on [6] in which he does, but he creates a tear right on the butt area of them, giving him a nice autumn breeze on his bottom. [1] Of course, this means the guards have a nice bullseye to aim for, he got a crossbow quarrel in his arse for his trouble before he can escape.

"...THE FUCK WAS THAT?!"

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: November 03, 2011, 07:08:08 pm »

"...That's getting to be slighty annoying...Oh and may I ask a favor? If you do kill me, I would like to bring the "Crow" in first."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: November 03, 2011, 07:08:46 pm »

See if there are any books or sketches worth taking, and take more precise measurements of the place.
[2] The sketches are chaotic, nothing worth taking. The rooms add up- no hidden chambers, no secret doors. At least, if there are any, they are beyond your ability to detect.

The books, however, are plentiful, many of them are rare, and though many have deteriorated in the poor conditions, there are several rare tomes which are in excellent condition. No one would mind if you took a few, right? They're just going to waste in this dusty old tower.
Long Live United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: November 03, 2011, 07:12:28 pm »

"Let me finish you git! First, I'll spare you if you hand over all your titles, land and money, then you'll shipped back to lonemine, and I do not want to hear of you again, ARE WE CLEAR?!"

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: November 03, 2011, 07:12:46 pm »

Kathos was in a bad mood. His night in the streets had been wasted, the crow was still missing and the party for the queen's birthday was ruined. After getting two or three hours of sleep, he decided to take a walk outside... And he saw the crow flying through the city, wounded. He did not move as the guards started running after the bandit. It was useless. To get that thief, he was going to need some... Firepower.

Find someone selling firearms.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: November 03, 2011, 07:17:10 pm »

'Tala' was pacing the walls of the castle, lost in thought, when she saw Lord of Crows running in the courtyard-somewhat awkwardly-and unlimbering his grappling hook. She wondered if the guards could finally catch him? Probably not.

She waved and called out.

"Yoohoo, Lord of Crows-I do believe you owe me dinner after ruining both of my parties. If I wasn't suspicious, I'd say you were fond of me. I'll even let you choose when to pick me up."

The bait was set-the challenge laid out. Would he bite? Well, she couldn't say. It was bound to be interesting, at least.

Action: Taunt the Crow!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: November 03, 2011, 07:23:32 pm »

William goes quiet.
Appraise how many guards are in the room.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: November 03, 2011, 07:25:57 pm »

Retcyl relaxed on this gilded throne. It was Korlanese in make and expertly done at that. Retcyl liked the style, in fact, he decided to outfit his furniture with the style.

Besides admiring all the treasure, Retcyl also spent time twaddling his thumbs, hitting the wall, and making plans to killing, stealing, blackmailing, or escaping everyone in the city. He had a lot of time to think about these things, he even finally decided on a patron god. Dajkar, goddess of intrigue and diplomacy. And then after that, he even thought up a few plans to become Emperor or how to take over the Empire.

Yeah, Retcyl was bored.

Time for the hourly escape plan.

Attack the door with the golden battering ram (seriously, who needs that?) and when that fails, throw some of these scepters and heirlooms at it. Then using this expensive Old Elbrethian Pick, try to unlock the door.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 220