Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 232182 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Autumn 415a)
« Reply #990 on: November 02, 2011, 03:16:59 pm »

"Hmm...I got two plans, one takes longer but would most likely have the best results, the second one is shorter and probably won't have the best of results...Which one do you want to do?"
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 03:18:46 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: November 02, 2011, 03:27:24 pm »

"Well, I did a little bit of research, since it occurred to me that poking randomly through the noble district would not only yield poor results in the capture of the crow but also annoy this city's elites. And I have come to two conclusions: firstly, I have the identity of our thief, and secondly, this used to be his family estate, and it happens to be the perfect spot around to lift off with these wings of his." He grinned, admiring his wit in this investigation.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: November 02, 2011, 03:29:51 pm »

"Yeah, sounds reasonable. All we have to do now is wait for the equipment or a message from one of my teams that they've found something else. But is looks though as if no one was here for a bloody long time. Are you really sure this is the place? I hate when people mislead me."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: November 02, 2011, 03:43:20 pm »

"Ah, by now, he could be in any building in any district of the city. He could be in the caves, he could have flown over the walls and left the city. We won't find him tonight. We may as well take our time."

Bla bla, search the tower
[4] Your men arrive with the battering ram, and the liberal application of force, combined with levering away at the door, eventually manage to force it open.
The room beyond is a mess. Evidently it was once a nice-looking place, but years of decay have worked their magic. The walls are hung with tattered tapestries, a chandelier lies broken on the floor. The stairs are cluttered with mess, but you force your way through. The rest of the floors are much the same; once, they would have been passable as the living quarters of a minor noble family, now they are ruined.
[5] The Rowc name is on everything. Books of philosophy and engineering, their pages crumbling, but titles readable, are scattered all over. There are sketches for strange machines, though nothing for the Crow's wings- in fact, there is a suspicious absence. It almost looks like someone has deliberately removed all traces of the thing- pages are missing from sketchbooks, assorted books have been burnt in the middle of the floor.
The door to the fifth floor is locked. From what you could see from the outside of the tower, the large windows are on this floor. You break the door down, and find-
[2] Nothing. Just more junk.
From here, the floors end, and the stairs spiral round the open space to the roof. It appears that something may have been hung from the rafters, once- an assortment of ropes dangle. Whatever hung there was cut down a long time ago, and removed.

The tower is a ruin. Nothing more.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 04:34:51 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: November 02, 2011, 08:20:12 pm »

Order the men to get rid of all but small wepons such as knifes, which we took off the guards, and hid said knifes. Find a cheap inn.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: November 02, 2011, 08:34:40 pm »

No matter how well they guard the gate, the guards can't stop and search everyone for weapons all the time. It's no trouble to keep your weapons about you.

You look around for a cheap place to stay. There's a good cheap place, centrally located. The Robber's Flask. Seems like a busy place, but there aren't many who would travel during Autumn in the Storm Coast, so they have plenty of free rooms. You can hide out here, at least for now. Though when the Queen hears about your escape... Light help you.
Long Live United Forenia!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: November 02, 2011, 08:47:03 pm »

"Hmm...I guess i'll speak to you later then, I need to go find a blacksmithy or a crossbow maker..."

Find a  professional crossbow maker.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 08:49:26 pm by filiusenox »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: November 03, 2011, 02:28:53 pm »

Find a professional crossbow maker.
[4] You find a relatively professional bowyer in the market quarter...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: November 03, 2011, 02:34:07 pm »

Order a high-powered crossbow with a sturdy niche to tie a thick tether or hook a chain to. It must be able to shoot a bolt with a chain or high tensile rope attached to it , 30-40 yards.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 02:41:06 pm by filiusenox »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: November 03, 2011, 05:27:33 pm »

The cross bow will take [2] About a season to manufacture, due to most of the iron used for making these was used up arming the royal forces.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: November 03, 2011, 05:32:45 pm »

"Fine, I'll buy it."

With that business done, William left the smithy and headed towards the palace. His hands shook in his pockets.
How long did it take for me to pass out from over-exhaustion last time, when those House-war thugs attacked that fort we were protecting? A week?
Lost in his thoughts of days and wars gone by, William didn't even realize he was at the palace.
"I'm here to see the queen."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: November 03, 2011, 05:34:44 pm »

"Right, go on through."

You enter the throne room, and though yyou feel like something suspicious may be nearby, you can't put your finger on it...

"Yes, William?"

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: November 03, 2011, 05:38:35 pm »

Max Yeskly curses as he waits, He tells his men, what ever caught the queens attention wont have it for lon, we will get out when It calms down."
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: November 03, 2011, 05:42:43 pm »

With a small bow and the false smile covering his face, he addressed the queen.
"Ah..its wonderful to speak with you again, my Highness. I have tidings from my travels...Some of which, in my opinion are not good....Do you have the time to hear the full story or do you wish a quick recount?"

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: November 03, 2011, 05:49:28 pm »

Avitus looked disappointed. He was - a lot. "That is a setback... I apologize for the trouble, but it doesn't seem like your men had better luck in the rest of the city, did they? I like that place though. I might be able to do something with it." Trapped in his thoughts, he started walking around the empty rooms, stopping to look at a book or a blueprint from time to time.

See if there are any books or sketches worth taking, and take more precise measurements of the place.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 220