Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 232155 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Autumn 415a)
« Reply #900 on: October 30, 2011, 10:48:40 am »

Search through the royal Library - or what's left of it - for any records of ancient noble families associated with crows (by name, or coat of arms, or symbols), and high-profile thefts in the last decades

[5] Also, you do find an old item which is..interesting. It's dated about 20 years ago.

Execution order for Royal Philosopher Evelia Rowc 

Autumn/395
Set: Morn.
Method: Hanging

Crime: Treason (Unspecified)
State: Carried Out

Executioners Notes: Good riddance. She had a whole speech prepared, too. Another one of those gals. From what she said, this damn fool got some fancy Noble types to believe she invented something called a 'Flying Wing'-so soldiers could flies like the bird, right? Well, either she was a liar, or she didn't deliver to them, and she ended up here.

Well, I put her down nice and quick. She didn't make a sound afterwards. Noble paid me good money to not mention it anymore. I suppose I should burn this order, but wheres the fun in that.

Also, the Oddest thing-her son watched the whole thing-even afterwards. With them black birds, eating her, I mean. I almost didn't get to sleep that night.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: October 30, 2011, 11:09:33 am »

His discovery made Avitus smile. "Come on kid, Crow? Really?" He muttered to himself. With the paper on him, he went to the noble district and tried to find the former - or actual if Mr. Rowc was fool enough to have kept it - Rowc estate. He also thought he might be able to narrow down the search perimeter by pinpointing the locations of the first thefts five years ago.

Try to find the Rowc house or where it used to be, try to "triangulate" the position of an eventual hideout using the locations of the first recorded thefts.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 11:17:54 am by leone313 »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: October 30, 2011, 11:29:49 am »

[6] A through search reveals no trace of the Rowc estate, either present of former, in the Noble district...most people are clueless, but an ancient Valet you caught nipping shots of brandy on break does reveal something useful.

"Rowc...Rowc...Didn't they use to live in the big watch tower? Weird folk. Especially the kid. You might want to try the Lower East district-before things went bad, things were fairly nice there. I'd imagine the tower might still be there, in some state. I'd be careful of footpads though. Now, if you'll excuse me..."
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 12:17:50 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: October 30, 2011, 11:36:41 am »

"Thank you, friend!"
It was time to get things done. Avitus went back to the inn near the Palace his bodyguards were staying in, changed his clothes to a less remarkable tint of black and purple, and accompanied by his second bodyguard Ulrich he marched towards the ruin of the watchtower, after sending a notice to Nikephoros:

Got a lead. Lower East. Old watchtower. Send men.

Go to the watchtower of what's left of it with an armed bodyguard.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 12:19:18 pm by leone313 »

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #904 on: October 30, 2011, 01:11:21 pm »

What the hell is all this?, wondered Oli'c. I believed we were masters of herblore, but this?

"Druids, before we set out, I wish to take a look around for people or things that may hold knowledge about these plants," said Oli'c. "Or about the character who asked for them."

Look for information on the herbalist and the plants she wants.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: October 30, 2011, 01:39:08 pm »

So the door's locked and I'm stuck in a room full of treasure...Well he can't keep me here forever...Well he can, but he'll have to bring food eventually...I'll just go catalogue his collections and rearrange the whole room.

Catalogue every piece of treasure and rearrange the room. Yes there is a purpose to this. Search for any cracks.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: October 30, 2011, 01:58:43 pm »

"As you wish my queen. I will have the port locked down and people on lookout."

He then walked towards his quarters to sort out the men, but was stopped on his way there by a servant to one of the nobles.

"Rich quarters? well then, I can catch him quickly and keep him for few days then give him to the queen. How's that for a birthday present?" He grinned.

Send men to lock down the port. Take men of my personal regiment and go with them to the rich quarter for a search.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: October 30, 2011, 02:12:43 pm »

During the Crow's Kidnapping Of Rectyl:
The intricate wineglass broke in William's hand.
"Oh.Yes...Now he's going to die. I'll make sure."

When Hugo was speaking:
With but simple nod, and twitch of the mouth William left at a flat run to the outside of the walls, where Harold, but more importantly, his horse and his sword was waiting.
"Go get some of my boys now, Harold! Or i'll string you up contract or not."
When Harold scampered off, William jumped up on the horse, strapped the sword on to his side and headed towards Harold's Apartment then galloped towards the embassy.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 02:41:40 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: October 30, 2011, 02:16:31 pm »

Catalogue every piece of treasure and rearrange the room. Yes there is a purpose to this. Search for any cracks.
[5] You expertly rearrange and catalogue all the treasure, and get quite a close guess on the previous owner: [6] Who may or may not lop your head off for desecrating her treasured heirlooms. Looks like the master of crows did a number on the palace, taking a fair fwew of Laythe possessions.

[3] You only find the holes keeping the fresh air able to enter, otherwise the room is sealed tight.

Send men to lock down the port. Take men of my personal regiment and go with them to the rich quarter for a search.

The port gets locked down, though a few foreign nobles are not likely to be pleased with that. Your men also arrive in the upper class area of the city, [3] Causing not much alarm, but a little shock at an armed force moving though here.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: October 30, 2011, 02:34:51 pm »

"Well there's nothing else to do here except perhaps...No that's a bit mad...Well it might work...I'll just do it..."

Retcyl sat down on a nearby pile of gold and sang the Hotrut's Song, which was known to drive humans mad or at least extremely annoyed. And it made a lot of sound too. Perhaps it would attract the Crow, perhaps it would attract some rescuers, perhaps it won't do anything, but might as well try.

Sit on a pile of gold and sing Hotrut's Song, which is very damaging to human ears and makes a lot of noise.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: October 30, 2011, 02:46:02 pm »

Sit on a pile of gold and sing Hotrut's Song, which is very damaging to human ears and makes a lot of noise.
You get no response for the atrocious singing.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: October 30, 2011, 02:53:01 pm »

Hmm...Well he never was a singer. Wait, where was he anyway?

Look out window. Look for a hard object that could be used to bash a door. Bash down door. If it fails, look for a sword and attack door with it.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: October 30, 2011, 03:05:03 pm »

Look out window. Look for a hard object that could be used to bash a door. Bash down door. If it fails, look for a sword and attack door with it.
There is no window (Glass, clear at that, costs a lot. Only the palace has it)
[3] There's nothing too suitable for attacking the door, though a few objects could be used but the queen would be quite pissed at such damage to her goods.
[3-1] You fail to bash down the door, considering it's size is hindering your progress.
[4] You find an unadorned longsword in the midst of all the treasure. Must've been of great importance to someone quite high up.

[3-1] Yet again your assault on the door fails. The master of crows must make sure that none of the smaller birds gets his prizes.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: October 30, 2011, 03:14:04 pm »

headed towards the embassy.
Though you never see him enter, Hugo emerges a few minutes later, looking even more annoyed.

"Kraai's not back. I whistled from the window, didn't even hear him caw in the distance. If our beloved lord killed him, or harmed a single feather of his, I will make art out of that so-called master thief."

Somehow that sounds like very serious threat.

"He could still come back. Better to assume he won't, deal with the situation as is. Now, troops are running all over the city, though they're congregating in two spots, from what I could see. There's a bunch gone to the docks, and a bunch to the rich district. I reckon we check out the rich district first, see what the word on the street is. Maybe find where he touched down- should be around there somewhere."

Hugo looks at the horses curiously.

"Well, I suppose it could shave a few minutes off of the journey. Though I suspect they won't be much use where he's hiding. He'll be in a tower, or in the tunnels. Either way, not horse territory. Besides, considering the layout of this city, it may be quicker to walk, vault a few walls, cross a few roofs. Avoid all the winding roads.
Tell you what, I'll race you. You on horse, me on foot. To the burgundy square, in the rich district. It'll be fun!

Hugo runs off. By horse, [3] you arrive there just before he does.

"Hgh- hgh- hgh. I guess the horse was faster, then. Well, let's see what these people know, yes? Excuse me, you. We're looking for the Crow. I understand he passed by this way recently? Could you point us in his direction?"
Long Live United Forenia!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: October 30, 2011, 03:23:26 pm »

"Ok, we got to divide into groups of four and then each group will go around different block. Look out for anything suspicious, enter and search any shady-looking or decrepit construction. I will take two teams with me and we will survey the rooftops. Any abandoned towers or balconies or storage spaces could be the hideout for the flying bastard."

Nikephoros then spat and shouted:
"Ok, you know he drill, divide up and move out!"

Divide men into groups of four and begin the search. Take two groups and go with them on to the rooftops. search any empty or abandoned space.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 220