Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 232051 times)

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Autumn 415a)
« Reply #810 on: October 24, 2011, 04:39:47 pm »

The next day, Avitus decided it was time to have a little talk about foreign policy, and Hacturi issues in particular. He sent his lackey with a message politely inviting Rectyl for dinner in his appartments at the palace.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: October 24, 2011, 05:26:41 pm »

A Dozen Minor Noblepersons
Stop making me look lazy. And come on, you know William is going to kill them off in a few posts. This isn't a possibility, this is a fact that has yet to happen.
William stares at the man and then chuckles
"One. Two. Or three... I am here to learn which one you'll chose."
[6] Is it that you, a man who reportedly slaughtered the population of an entire castle, thinks the Queen is crazy enough to try and take their lands by force? Is it your air of mysterious charisma, your silken tongue and foreign looks? Could it possibly be because what you are saying makes sense, in a way?
Whatever the cause, your words strike a chord amongst the nobles. There is muttering and debate.
Eventually, they all agree to consider your offer personally, though some of them seem to have reached a separate conclusion, which they are not sharing with you.

[6, 1, 1, 4, 2, 3, 2, 2, 6, 2, 1, 2]

Two of the nobles- Lady Plumdale and Blackadder the Third- accept your offer, though they have no desire to flee, and demand that you arrange positions of nobility for them in Ligoria. It seems they have chosen Two (except you have to pay them for it)

The Sirs Bardieu, Camierre, and Cauldron seem to have reached some separate conclusion, and leave the meeting. You later learn that in order to avoid having to join Ligoria, they have joined the city of Shola. It seems they have chosen Four.

The Sirs August, Tinker, Strom and Jack, and the Lady de Plume refuse your offer outright, and promise that you and Ligoria will regret trying to force them into surrendering their lands. It seems that they have chosen One.

Sir Blacksmythe seems interested, but explains that a measly two ducats in taxes does not interest him. He demands an extra [3] ducats in exchange for his lands. It seems he alone has chosen Three, though not as per your original conditions.

Sir Hopper appears to have fallen asleep, and upon being woken up explains that no, no, he will keep his lands, thank you. It seems he has chosen Zero: no choice.

All in all, then, the situation is now as follows (I know parcel positions are abstracted, but just roll with it this one time, yeah?)
Spoiler: Potential expansion (click to show/hide)
Long Live United Forenia!

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #812 on: October 24, 2011, 05:55:32 pm »

"What may it be exactly that these plants do?" asked Oli'c. "I have not heard of them, even in all my extensive books of herblore. Can you explain them to me, and lend me some paper and a quill with which to write?"

"Jok'fes, zašto ne si mi rekao!" he muttered under his breath.

Ask her about each plant that she wants, and write it down on paper.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: October 24, 2011, 06:44:29 pm »

The General sighed as he surveyed his troops. A motley, but modest army indeed, but what did he expect? This was after all, a suicide mission. They wouldn't release any half decent troops to his so called command.

He'd fought his way up from peasant stock to a command, then from a command into the Academy of Tactics, and from there into a nearly-flawless training record. Lauded as perhaps the greatest general in the Dragon Empire in decades. And that would get him killed. Those in power don't like ambition or talent that exceeds their own. He wouldn't die suspiciously in the night, but taking and holding a Storm Coast city? He'd need double the troops even to -try-. But he had a plan.
"Adjutant!" he bellowed. His voice carrying across the camp. A stern looking soldier with dead eyes appeared at his side.

"My lord?"

"They are sending us to our deaths, you know?"

The soldier nodded "Aye sir. Its a noble enough death, and our families will know us to be heroes should we die in battle attempting our mission. Plus sir, and mayhaps you don't know this..But the Dead Man's Command gives a full ducat of blood money to our families.. They'll be provided for."

"And If I told you I intend to succeed where dozens before me have failed?"

The soldier's eyes brightened for just a second "Sir? It can't be done! You..you must be mad to think that. You're mad..Sir." The soldier nervously backed away, unsure if the general suffered from some contagion, and if perhaps it would catch.

"No. I am the Arctic Fox. Rally the troops. On the morrow we march, and we shall siege 'Mileth' within the month."

Send scouts on ahead to determine the standing military strength of Mileth.
March in a vaguely stealthy way upon Mileth. Siege Mileth leaving free escape to the west and south.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: October 24, 2011, 07:34:22 pm »

Send scouts on ahead to determine the standing military strength of Mileth.
March in a vaguely stealthy way upon Mileth. Siege Mileth leaving free escape to the west and south.

[2] "That's great sir, but we still have a few weeks to go before we reach the border. We should make it through the pass before winter, but
The first flake of snow
Will land upon my armour
Before war begins"
...it would be more impressive if he wasn't counting the syllables on his fingers.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: October 24, 2011, 08:23:10 pm »

"Suffer no fools"
William was still smiling in a slightly scary way as the hostile noblemen left the hill.
He turned and looked at the allied nobles.
"You'll receive your various payments this spring, good lords. Good day to you. If you have any questions you can direct them to...uh...my castle at Vale."
William turned and left, his guards following behind him, just out of kicking or punching distance.
Only when he arrived at the castle did he vent his anger...on the table in the dining room.
He cleaved it in half with an ornamental axe before heading to bed, ruining the old family heirloom axe and completely destroying the table.
When he awoke the next morning, he ordered the gate sealed behind him, and  if it needed to be open, then to open it at random points in the day.
Then he wore a begger's cloak that hid the leather armor and chainmail armor and that hid his weapons underneath it.
The he headed towards his old encampent in his Ligorian lands..
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 08:25:07 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: October 24, 2011, 09:00:42 pm »

Mac Yeskly smiles, if they thought the archbishop would leave the alone the were to naive. He walked over and smiles. "Hello I don't think I've seen you in town before."
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: October 25, 2011, 09:46:18 am »

Shortly after Avitus Left, Nikephoros quickly went to his soldier's quarters. There he told them to prepare for march towards border early morning tomorrow. He also sent a man after the scout unit, which will march alongside Nikephoros' own regiment.

Prepare my regminet and the scouts for morning march towards the border counties.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: October 25, 2011, 12:54:03 pm »

Mac Yeskly smiles, if they thought the archbishop would leave the alone the were to naive. He walked over and smiles. "Hello I don't think I've seen you in town before."
[4] The man looks at you and shrugs.

"Yes, that's right. We only arrived a few days ago. We are religious refugees from- would you believe it- Moun, of all places. The Archbishop went crazy and tried to have us all killed, so we ran off and came here. Spirits, I would never have thought he would do that to us, but, well, here we are."

Prepare my regminet and the scouts for morning march towards the border counties.
[4] You arrive at the border in good time. You march around a bit, and you are sure people will have noticed your presence. There is no immediate reaction, but you can tell your bookish friend that the neighbours have been warned.

Then he wore a begger's cloak that hid the leather armor and chainmail armor and that hid his weapons underneath it.
The he headed towards his old encampent in his Ligorian lands..

[1] You trip on a rock and die.

Seeing as you aren't in a hurry, and crossing familiar ground, you can travel without needing a roll.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: October 25, 2011, 01:14:01 pm »

William threw the begger's robe in his tent and then when and got a bath. Once that was done, and he was dressed in his armor. He strapped the two scythe-like blade to his back and hid his collection of daggers.
Then he found a horse and rode towards Talama, he stabled his horse and headed toward the palace.
"I'm here for a meeting with the queen."
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: October 25, 2011, 01:43:15 pm »

((Sorry leone. Didn't see the post.))

As Retcyl sat waiting for his priests and missionaries to do their work, he received a letter. Formal-looking. Royal-looking actually. Opening it, he expected the Queen wanting something, but it seemed to be an invitation to the new high diplomat of Ligoria's apartments. Well, Retcyl was an ambassador...

An hour later, Retcyl was inside the palace just outside of this diplomat's apartment. A palace guard was just behind him, always watching. He knocked.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: October 25, 2011, 02:21:19 pm »

Closing a book he'd been reading for hours, Avitus got out of his chair and walked towards the door he opened, discovering his guest. He had a little moment of surprise, not yet accustomed to the looks of the Hacturi. "Come in, please!"

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: October 25, 2011, 02:55:20 pm »

Not a Ligorian accent. Good to remember.

Retcyl entered and saw this diplomat. At least he had a proper hobby. Retcyl bowed and said:

"Diplomat, I am as you know, Retcyl de Jementeten of Hatcur. I don't however know who you are."

Retcyl seated himself and waited.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: October 25, 2011, 03:06:59 pm »

"Of course, I'm sorry. I'm Avitus Traianus, Diplomatic advisor to the Queen, and director of Ligoria's University. But get a seat, I'll call for our dinner. He rang a small brass bell. "I guess you know why I requested this meeting with you?"

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: October 25, 2011, 03:08:53 pm »

Thomas and his guard arrive at Vale.
Thomas approaches the gate and its guards and requests entry to the castle, explaining that he is now in the service of William.
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 220