Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 232069 times)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Autumn 415a)
« Reply #795 on: October 24, 2011, 02:45:05 pm »

"While the manouvers are being finshed for the time being ahead of winter, I wouldn't mind pushing my personal regiment and a unit of scouts towards the border to scare them. its doable.I will have my soldiers move out tomorrow."

He paused and then spoke in a quiter voice: "You wouln't happen to know someone experienced with gunpowder? Some engineer or a mechanic or a gunsmith?"

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: October 24, 2011, 02:49:31 pm »

"Unfortunately my uncle died a few years ago.. But I do have theorical knowledge and some books he wrote about the fabrication of guns and canons. Find me a smith and I might be able to assist him into producing weapons. But the materials for the powder will require a more proficient alchemist than I am myself I'm afraid.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: October 24, 2011, 02:54:17 pm »

"That is fine for the time being. I don't think the kingdom has the money for this now, but if were to master the art of explosive and fiery death then this kingdom could.... Never mind.
Since we work together closely, you don't mind me speaking bluntly and in open with you?" There are couple of things I need to ask of you and I want to make sure that I won't wake up with a dagger up my backside."

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: October 24, 2011, 02:59:27 pm »

"Of course I wouldn't mind. After all, I wish for the exact same thing. And you have been greatly helpful thus far."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: October 24, 2011, 03:10:05 pm »

"Very well. Is there a particular reason for your presence here at court? I would assume that you would be able to find emplyoment back home, since you posses skills that our queen took to so happily. Also, what do you know of Hatcuri or Miss Tala? They seem to be willing to serve, but from what I heard and from my past experience I know that everyone has their own plans."

Nikephoros asked all of this with great caution in his voice, his eyes on lookout for any signs on Avitus' face.

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: October 24, 2011, 03:18:30 pm »

Avitus' smile faded for a split second. "My presence in Vasir is not... needed anymore. A small misunderstanding that led my lord to let go of me. And I didn't meet that Hacturi yet, but I never trusted those lizards, their empire is too big... As for the young lady, well, she could benefit from a little more wisdom, and she clearly doesn't lack in energy..."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: October 24, 2011, 03:34:42 pm »

Nikephoros relaxed after hearing Avitus' explanation.

"Thats fine then. I will make the move towards the border tomorrow. And since I heard that Tala is with the scout unit now, it would be interesting to see them do their scout magic in the borderlands. I will send them with my regiment, as stated earlier. Simple border 'patrol', nothing more. I presume that is all?"

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: October 24, 2011, 03:42:01 pm »

"For now, yes. I look forwards to our future cooperation. Together we might make something of this land. And its Queen." He quickly looked around him as he said this. "We could... shift her mind in the right direction, when times dictate."
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 04:01:01 pm by leone313 »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: October 24, 2011, 03:50:58 pm »

"Hello, I'm William Blackrose, and I would like to speak with you about something very important, it's mostly important for you...But first introductions..."
((...are you asking for me to think up names and personalities for a dozen minor noblemen? Yeah, that's not happening))

The assorted nobles make hesitant introductions. There are nobles who proudly rattle off a dozen names and titles, almost none of which you recognise, and half of which sound completely made up. There are 'nobles' who bear names befitting commoners, and still dress like the merchants they truly are. And there are 'nobles' who seem even more paranoid than the rest, go by bandit nicknames, and have clearly brought (concealed) weapons, just like you.
Long Live United Forenia!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: October 24, 2011, 03:54:17 pm »

"I would be careful about what you say around others. The queen is my sovereign and I do not question her. But I know my principles and I will not hesitate to do what needs to be done if she starts doing questionable things. Lets not speak of this anymore for now. There is no need for such talk now."

He then picked up his book. "I think we are done for now, Avitus."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: October 24, 2011, 03:57:11 pm »

"Ah...very good...nice to meet all of you..."
Willaim smiles another little smile when he notices the bandit lords brought concealed weapons.
"I assume you all got the letters from my good Queen Laythe of Ligoria?
his voice dripped with sarcasm and venom when he spoke of Laythe and Ligoria, but the rest of it was polite and crisp.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 04:01:11 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: October 24, 2011, 04:04:24 pm »

Some of the nobles look confused, but about half of them nod in agreement, and explain to the others.

"Yeh", speaks one of the bandit-nobles, "Psychobitch be tryin' t' steal our land. Not unlike someone else we know."
Long Live United Forenia!

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: October 24, 2011, 04:17:20 pm »

"See you another time then." Avitus left the study, mostly happy to have found an ally, but concerned about his determination.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: October 24, 2011, 04:25:43 pm »

William stares at the man and then chuckles
"Indeed... as your here meeting with me, i'm guessing you said no...so...she's going to invade your lands soon, seeing as you denied her "gracious" offer...And when she does that there will be no quarter to those who defied her. She'll kill you all and mount your heads on pikes in Talama, and probably not in that order...There is only four things you can do, in my opinion...One you can stand and Fight, which will end in most of you dying to  her soldier's swords. Two you could agree to surrender your lands to her without a word or a fight and hope she's merciful. Or three...you could sell your lands to me,collect the taxes that are owed before spring and flee. I am here to learn which one you'll chose."
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 04:52:32 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: October 24, 2011, 04:32:02 pm »

((...are you asking for me to think up names and personalities for a dozen minor noblemen? Yeah, that's not happening))

OOC:If you insist. I was bored anyway-and if William kills them all off in a few posts, well that makes it funny.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 220