Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 232071 times)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Autumn 415a)
« Reply #750 on: October 22, 2011, 10:23:55 pm »

"But of course Mam. May we camp outside the city?"
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: October 22, 2011, 10:27:46 pm »

((OOC: It's a guard, Not Laythe -_-))

"No need, we've a barracks to accommodate a large amout of the noble troops. They're not here right now so you should be able to use them."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: October 22, 2011, 10:31:50 pm »

"Yes but we are mercenaries looking for a job for a while before we move on to another town..
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: October 22, 2011, 10:32:35 pm »

"You're still not coming in with the troops. Queen's orders."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: October 22, 2011, 10:48:52 pm »

John attacks the siegers at night, when most of them are sleeping.
[4] Under cover of darkness John attacks. The besieging forces manage to wake themselves up but not before most of them are dead. There are a few skirmishes, but for the most part it is a slaughter. Okay.

You have single-handedly captured a castle, and your soldiers have defeated the people trying to take it back. With your soldiers in the castle, and no one opposing you, the region is yours. [2] Your new neighbours are very impressed, but not happy. Even the bandit-nobles who acquired their lands through murder and deceit object on the basis that you cheated- they spent years trying to subtly murder the former rulers of their lands without anyone finding out, and you just stroll in and stab the bugger? No one will do anything drastic though. Not at the moment, anyway.

You have acquired: one (1) parcel of land, containing 1 (one) small market town (1d/yr) and a (a) small castle (+2 fortification)
Long Live United Forenia!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: October 22, 2011, 11:27:36 pm »

'Tala' was just about to spar with Simon again-she had gotten better, and they both knew it...this time it would not be so one sided, yet...

Just as they began to circle, they were interrupted by a messenger.

"Sorry, but this will have to wait-this message is for you Tala Alanis-from the Queen."

They nodded-each silently agreeing to settle this later. She took the note to the barracks and began to read it silently...

((OOC: Remember to roll for my extra sword training if Tala spent enough time for another one))

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: October 23, 2011, 01:57:08 am »

Ask what she needs.

[5] She describes several species of plants, some with ready avail stocks to show you, and requires more of each. Many of these apparently don't lend well to intentional farming, growing only in specific types of soil and lighting conditions. Lots of these apparently grow to the north in the valleys of the lower mountains. She explains that for every sack of each you bring back, she'll pay you.

Note: For arguments sake, you can only carry 3-5 sacks max.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: October 23, 2011, 02:11:51 am »

Max Yeskly frowns and leaves. He orders his men to pitch camp out side the city until he can find them lodging.Make a amp outside the city

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: October 23, 2011, 03:37:03 am »

Born into a middle-class family, Thomas Talboh is the second of three children. His father was a moderately successful merchant in the city of Vasir. His young life was largely uneventful; he made friends in the city and established contacts within some of the influential families of the middle-class. At the age of 18, he was approached by a strange old man who wanted to speak to him.

Thomas agreed, and the old man revealed himself to be a lesser mage. The mage revealed that Thomas possessed a strong affinity to elemental magic. The old man then offered to teach Thomas in the ways of magic. Over the next three years, Thomas secretly learned to command the elements; he could manipulate existing sources, or he could tap into ley lines to create new sources. His power wasn't great, but his potential was. After his three years of training, the old mage was discovered and had to flee from the town. Without his mentor, Thomas was forced to practice his powers on his own, and he ended up exploding a house, getting discovered in the process. Thomas stole a bit of money from his father's chest and fled to Galam.

Thomas spent a bit of time in Galam, but found that it was very difficult to advance his power in such a paranoid town. He made a couple of friends, but simply could not find time to train with so many eyes fixed on him. Before long, he caught word of some mercenaries from Vasir who were looking for him, so he decided to flee even further to the city of Talama. Now low on funds, and knowing that his friends were his greatest asset in the past, Thomas knows that he has to make friends in Tamala if he wants to avoid fleeing even further, which he can no longer afford.

Thomas enters the city and tries to establish contacts among the middle-class and lower nobility while also asking about the latest rumors.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 03:38:38 am by Fanofgaming »
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: October 23, 2011, 04:34:47 am »

As Retcyl waited for the messenger to arrive, he had a thought. Why the hell would the messenger come anyway? Retcyl would need to send a messenger himself to get another meeting...But first, time to read the intelligence reports.

Lets see...A brawl over a pie in the Robber's Flask (very often occurence), a consortium has been formed to sell spice from the east, some wierd cult was foundin the sewers practicing some depraved rituals (the bestial kind apparantly) and some kind of fool is leaving Talama to go adventuring. Oh and some sorceror destroyed a noble's manor. Obviously, they were all rumours. Seriously, a mage destroying a city in this age? Unlikely. Cultist in the sewer? How could they stand the smell? The rest were far more likely...and nearly useless. Retcyl sighed, he really needed some real spies.

Wait, what's this...Some migrants from Galam...Probably not important.

Anyway, he would need to begin his plotting. He had written up specific orders for his priests; preach and hold rituals. Perhaps someone would actually want to join the faith? Besides, this would serve as a good cover story for all the poor fellows gathering at the Embassy...

Send priests out to preach the word of Fakarralism. Also have some hold masses and rituals inside the embassy. Send some priests to give alms to the poor. Send some men to care for the poor.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 04:38:23 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: October 23, 2011, 05:06:52 am »

The message Tala received was a summons to the queen.

Thomas enters the city and tries to establish contacts among the middle-class and lower nobility while also asking about the latest rumors.

[6] You make a lot of new friends in such a short time, most of them being within the middle class, seeing as what nobles there were are either too busy or incarcerated. Of course, it bieng a short amount of time spent your name is being flung all over the city and thus it'll be next to impossible to hide (If anything comes to that.).

Laythe spends three ducats building poorhouses and generally improving the condition of the poor by providing work and food as well.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 05:08:29 am by Taricus »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: October 23, 2011, 06:50:16 am »

'Tala' informed Captain Wilheim of her summons and was off in the hour.

She arrived outside the throne room later, still armored and a bit winded, but she was bearing the weight of her armor much better. She hoped the sizable fading bruise on her forehead wouldn't detract too much from her looks, 'Tala' thought a bit vainly.

She addressed the door guards.

"The Queen has requested my presence. If she is attending, may I enter?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: October 23, 2011, 08:31:04 am »

The guard just opened the door for Tala. Though laythe was not sitting on her throne, rather she was standing about.

"Ah, Tala. Just the person I wanted to see."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: October 23, 2011, 09:14:30 am »

'Tala' approached casually enough and took a bow, afterwards pausing to mop the dried sweat from her forehead.

Then she says...

"Always at your service, my Queen.

I trust I did not keep you waiting overlong on my account?"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: October 23, 2011, 09:31:57 am »

"You did not. Now, considering your aptitude for arranging a formal occasion I would like you to arrange something for my birthday. Nothing too fancy, and not a large guest list for you to deal with. Though you've only got a couple of days to do so."

Laythe had a bit of a chuckle, then returned to speaking.

"If you need any money for this, I have 96 primats for you if you so need them."
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 220