Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 232127 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Autumn 415a)
« Reply #705 on: October 22, 2011, 12:00:42 am »

Damn,damn,damn!

"It's going to be fine you two, just hold on." William, no matter how hard he tried, couldn't keep the panic from his voice.

William tries to stabilize them.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 12:02:53 am by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: October 22, 2011, 12:40:06 am »

-Rp Post-

'Tala' grunted as she heard an uhealthy sounding pop coming from her shoulders. Gonna feel that one in the morning.

The Captain had given her wood cutting duty today...it was boring and repetitive work, but it gave her time to think.

She thought alot about her real past-something hard to remember what was real and what she was pretending was real. Being born in the lower classes was a curse and a blessing-you traded a life of ease for a measure of inherent guile that kept you alive no matter what. Assuming you ever got out in time to use it for anything important.

She remembered that bastard threatening to have her in chains by sundown after she rejected his advances for the last time. She remembered the feel of her blade punching through the back of his neck that night. She remembered her first time out of the city-seeing the stars. She held up a farmers cart and stole a single potato from him. The thought makes her smile.

There's a blur of blood and gristle-she steals what she has to, kills when she has to. She doesn't have any valuables but that doesn't mean they still can't hurt her for the pleasure of it. And they try. Sometimes they win, sometimes they lose, but either way they pay for it.

She remembers picking the pocket of a man she thinks of as an easy mark. Turns out she was the mark-he was an Agent of the Dragon Empire. She can only remember of this point in her life, the walls of dungeons. Polite men ask her questions she cannot possibly answer, but 'Tala' stays quiet. Somehow, she knows silence is the only thing keeping her alive. She passes the test.

And then...

*ka-chop*

She just tries to concentrate on the task at hand. Memories always made her bitter...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: October 22, 2011, 05:25:02 am »

"I guess everything is planned then. I will start to contact the biggest land-owners around Ligorian territory, and offer them the protection of your army in exchange for their allegiance and the attachment of their lands to the Kingdom. Mr. Vandire can then maneuver his troops outside the borders of the less cooperative nobles. They will surely understand where is the lesser loss. Shall we end this meeting now?"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: October 22, 2011, 05:27:41 am »

"Agreed. I look forward to our next meeting."

Throne room:

Laythe looked down on the hatcuri with a slight disinterest

"What did you want Rectyl."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: October 22, 2011, 07:58:15 am »

"Archbishop, as you have stated in the creed, all men are created equal and have equal opprotunity. I propose that If we want to spread this, to conquer nearby lands and add them to are territory. I have seen many oprresive nobles who teeroize there people. This must stop If everyone is to be under Mouns creed."
"Oh, my son. You have much to learn about politics. In these enlightened times we do not use violence to spread enlightenment. Death is an end to a problem, not the beginning of a solution. Whilst I admire your fervour, a degree of subtlety is required- if we go charging out spreading the word, all will think us monsters, and we shall seem no better than them.
Before we can enlighten the masses, preparations must be made. Those who would speak against Moun must be cleared away, and our speakers can then enter other cities peacefully, to spread the Creed. Only if the other side strikes first should we bring our armies to bear against them."

The Archbishop stands up and walks over to a cabinet. From it, he takes a small pile of papers.

"You did well. Your loyalty to the city has been proven. These documents establish you as a certified Peacekeeper of Moun, a title which should earn you some respect both here and abroad. Necessary, as I have a new task for you which will require travel."

"It seems that some of the Eastern Shrine's people have fled the city, and intend to strike against us from the safety of Ligoria. They left by boat whilst their leaders burnt. I need you to follow them and make sure they do not cause trouble. They are free to live wherever they choose, so long as they do not cause problems for Moun. Amongst the documents are letters explaining the situation. Deal with it at your own discretion, just make sure the remnants of the Eastern Shrine don't start sending spies and saboteurs back home."

William tries to stabilize them.
[4] Thom is having slight trouble breathing, and is in a lot of pain, but he seems basically fine- a few cracked ribs, but that should fix itself, given rest.
[5] Jan's condition is more serious, but you clean and bandadge the wounds quickly, and it doesn't look like anything important got hit- he should be fine as well.

Both will require rest for the next week or two, but they should live, and without any crippling injuries.
Long Live United Forenia!

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #710 on: October 22, 2011, 08:01:31 am »

"Of course, my lady," replied Oli'c. "Simply name what it is you need, and it shall be done."

Later...

"Ji'sen and Ar'gr, you come with me. Bring all your weapons," said Oli'c.

Ask what she needs.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 08:11:40 am by kytuzian »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: October 22, 2011, 08:37:22 am »

Kathos was quite intrigued by the lady of the castle. While hunting in the night while there is a storm outside is strange, it was not something the lord had never seen before. Some hunters enjoyed the 'challenge' of hunting during the night or while there is bad wheater outside. The second thing was that the lady seemed to like pink. Not red, not white, not purple, but pink. And finally, the first thing she said was quite strange. Kathos was honestly surprised when he answered.

"While I am indeed one of Laythe's nobles, I am not here to ask you to join Ligoria. I am here on my own, visiting the lands near mine. My name is Kathos Thunderblade, Baron of Ligoria. Why did you think the Queen sent me?"

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: October 22, 2011, 08:48:02 am »

Nikephors left the meeting quickly and quietly, heading back to his quarters. He was going over the plans and the composition of the army, trying to figure out how it will all work.

"Laythe, what are you doing kid....."
The two things that occupied his head mostly though were the Ligorian nobility and the plans of the queen. Nobles seemed absent from any rulings, they were non-existent in the couirt and none of them showed up to lend a hand in any military capacity. It seemed that uniquely among Storm Coast, Laythe was intent on keeping the power and delegating the nobles to tend to land, just like the simple landowners. She even ignored them in court, and some poor boy got treated quite harshly when trying to appeal to queen's softer side. She had no soft side, or did very well to hide it.  Nikephoros was wondering deeply about her plans and her state of mind, but he did not waver in his commitment to his service. While Laythe was unusual, he still served the Ligorian Crown. Maybe he will be able to steer her away form self-destruction that she had trappings for.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: October 22, 2011, 08:53:18 am »

"While I am indeed one of Laythe's nobles, I am not here to ask you to join Ligoria. I am here on my own, visiting the lands near mine. My name is Kathos Thunderblade, Baron of Ligoria. Why did you think the Queen sent me?"
"Well, she seems like the sort of person who would want more land, and I can't imagine why else a Ligorian noble would come riding around here in this weather. Unfortunately no one ever seems to stop by for just a glass of warm wine and a chat! But if you aren't here on behalf of the crown, then why are you here? If you just came to look around, perhaps you should have waited for the storms to stop?"

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: October 22, 2011, 09:17:43 am »

That was a good reason. After all, who in his right mind would come around in a time of storms only to visit the lands near Ligoria? Well, Kathos did exactly that, but he had also a few good reasons. Of course, he was not going to tell any of them to the lady.

"I have a few things to do in my lands, and I will not be able to travel out of Ligoria for the seasons to come. I thought I might 'have a look around' now, while there is still time to do so. A few storms are not going to stop me."

He smiled, and started talking about his journey. The conversation to come was not going to be really interesting.

Ask about the lady's lands, family, background... You know, learn some useful information.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: October 22, 2011, 09:56:30 am »

Grand Archbishop thank you for your praise, may I have a ducat for bribes and such?
Leave then find any remaining members. If I got money then bribe them for were they would have friends and were in Ligoria they would be. If not Intimidate them
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 10:04:11 am by Elfeater »
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: October 22, 2011, 09:59:27 am »

Avitus walked back to his quarters, and sat at his desk. The outcome of the meeting really pleased him, he had a lot of writing to do. He started by writing letters to all the unaligned nobles whose land was right next to the Ligorian borders:
Dear Lord/Lady [Name],
Given the present diplomatic and economic situation in the Storm Coast, and particularly in our Kingdom of Ligoria, our Queen finds herself with no choice but request that you:
    - Accept to swear allegiance to her highness and Ligoria
    - Accept the inclusion of all land under your supervision into Ligoria's territory
    - Accept to let a percentage to be determined of your personnal army be integrated to the Queen's army.
To which in exchange you will be offered the following counterparts:
    - Unconditional protection by the Kingdom's army against any danger, be it enemy troops, bandits or other.
    - A 75% tax exemption for one [1] full year after you join Ligoria.
    - An official Ligorian nobility title, along with all the rights and obligations that go with it.
    - Full control over any parts of your domain that will not be deemed essential for the Queen, under the laws of the Kingdom.
You can send back this here letter signed and sealed if you wish to comply to this demand immediately or within a month. You can request more information or the presence of an official to expose you this contract in deeper details.
Failure to comply within a full season, or failure to answer within a month will undoubtedly tarnish the high esteem the Queen has for you.

Yours sincerely, Avitus Traianus, advisor on Diplomatic issues, on behalf of Queen Laythe of Ligoria.
The letters sealed and sent, he sat back on his chair, quietly thinking about the brigh future he might have in this city.

Send letters to the landowners in "unclaimed" territory who share a border with Ligoria.
((OOC: I might double post because I need to send letters to a few noble families I offer admissions to the future university, but I'll wait until I have a computer at hand, cause it's quite painfull to write on an iPhone...))

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: October 22, 2011, 10:06:48 am »

Ask about the lady's lands, family, background... You know, learn some useful information.
[5] The lady happily babbles on about anything you ask about. Her lands cover a few fishing villages and some forest, and are of average wealth. She is a young daughter of the Eudocia family, a minor family who have survived by buying and selling titles and careful marriages with other families- she purchased these lands from the previous owner not three years ago. She doesn't want to join a city state because without swapping lands and titles constantly, her family would quickly grow bankrupt, and lose what little prestige they have.
She herself appears to be utterly carefree, a child who never outgrew her fancy dresses. She loves hunting, though she donates whatever she catches to the poor.

Grand Archbishop thank you for your praise, may I have a unit fo your guard to help my current men, and a ducat for bribes and such?
Leave then find any remaining members. If I got money then bribe them for were they would have gone. If not Intimidate them
"The guard must stay here, and maintain order, but I can grant you a ducat to help you with your quest"

[1] Your attempts to track down the remaining members are successful. The arrows that rain upon you from the rooftops are definitely their doing.
[6] You and your men manage to avoid getting hit, and start returning fire.
[5] A few well-placed shots take out enough of the archers that the rest surrender quickly. They confirm the Archbishop's suspicions, the majority of the priests and worshippers commandeered a ship and headed to Ligoria. They cannot give you exact details, but they tell you enough that you should be able to find them.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: October 22, 2011, 10:29:38 am »

William later carried both Thom and Jan up the stairs and into the better-lit wine cellar. Then with that business done, he opened the door, and let Thom lock it behind him.

Theres that snivelling lackey.

With one swift motion William pins the lackey against the wall.
"Somebody snitched. Care to tell me who? Or should I start skinning people alive?" William's voice was a icy growl.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 10:34:13 am by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: October 22, 2011, 10:33:03 am »

With one swift motion William pins the lackey against the wall.
"Somebody snitched. Care to tell me who? Or should I start skinning people alive?" William's voice was a icy growl.
"What on earth are you oh god oh god why do you have blood on you what is happening oh god oh god"

"Really, sir, I have no idea what you are talking about! Please don't kill me!"
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 220