Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231957 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Autumn 415a)
« Reply #615 on: October 19, 2011, 07:09:58 pm »

Tala: Weapon (+1), Armour (+1). VS Trainer: Weapon (+1), Armour (+1).

1+2 Vs 4+2 The first rounds goes poorly for Tala, her foe seeing through her ruse, parried her strike and got a good hit in afterwards. Tala: 2/3 HP. Trainer: 3/3 HP
1+2 Vs 4+2 Tala shifts tactics afterwards, to no avail. The trainer dodges her strike and hits her on the lower arm whilst doing so.
Tala: 1/3 HP. Trainer: 3/3 HP
5+2 Vs 3+2 Furious at getting struck twice, Tala just charges the trainer, and is fairly successful in doing so, getting a strike square on the trainer's breastplate.
Tala: 1/3 HP. Trainer 2/3 HP
2+2 Vs 3+2 However, this doesn't last long, the trainer is barely able to feint Tala off, and manages to strike her back forcing her to the ground.

4 A couple of the soldiers help you get back to your bunk, in which you manage to get a couple of hours sleep before Wilheim wakes you up again.

"Heh, you got a bit cocky out there. Makes me glad that you're being sent to train a bit. I'm surprised someone finally got a shot on Simon on their first fight, but it's not too impressive. Still, you got the extra sleep at least, not like it was going to last though. Come on, time to get up sleepy!"

Wilheim patently waits for you to get out of the bed...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: October 19, 2011, 07:34:29 pm »

'Tala' laughed good naturedly. She poked her wounds-nothing broken, at least, though she would have plenty of bruises to show. She had a feeling Simon had struck her a bit harder than he might have intended once she got a point on him.

She rose.

"It's not the first time I've been knocked on the ground, Captain. But, I've always managed to get back up."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: October 19, 2011, 07:44:57 pm »

"At the very least you're not dead. I suggest you keep practicing. Simon won't hold back next time around, though it'll still be training weapons."

Wilheim gave a nod as Tala rose from the bed.

"Well, I've got a few things to deal with. I expect that you can fufill your duties here while I'm away."

And with that, he left the barracks.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: October 19, 2011, 07:48:24 pm »

William was wearing his armor, his real armor, not that heavy and pathetic armor he wore to see the queen. He liked the feel of leather armor, it was more comfortable, more useful then chain or plate. You couldn't eat metal if you were trapped in some snowy pass.
William had his swords, the two he used to actually fight, and his Heirloom Blade.
That blade had been in the family for a long time. It never rusted, it needed sharpening only after a long battle, and it required no repairs or new metal. It belonged to his father Vale, who was a smith and had no use for weapons, who hung it above his fireplace. Before that it had belonged to Kain, who used it many times in his long life. Before Kain it belonged to Talon. Before Talon it belonged to the first Kain. Before that who knew.  But the steel hilt- William discovered this after he repaired the leather wrapping around it -had a single name on it, Zerim.
None of the Family Records had any name like that on it. But considering they began with the first Kain, it really wasn't surprising.
He had three guard with him, armed and armored like him, except their helms hadn't a red plume.
William heads north, past Ligoria. He looks for places that are downtrodden by warlords, or are weak and poor, or for places that hungered for Glory. He makes sure not to head into any controlled land, and keeps his distance from lands that might take offence to his wandering.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 07:52:12 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: October 19, 2011, 07:50:16 pm »

'Tala' nodded. Back to basics then!

Action:Tala goes back to sword practice. She concentrates on improving her defense and maintaining her calm in battle.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: October 19, 2011, 07:58:23 pm »

Action:Tala goes back to sword practice. She concentrates on improving her defense and maintaining her calm in battle.

[3] Tala gets back to practicing, though is unable to completely focus upon the lessions due to her injuries.

10/100 Swordsmanship training progress.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: October 19, 2011, 08:55:46 pm »

William heads north, past Ligoria. He looks for places that are downtrodden by warlords, or are weak and poor, or for places that hungered for Glory. He makes sure not to head into any controlled land, and keeps his distance from lands that might take offence to his wandering.
[3] Your journey is uneventful. It rains a lot.
The unclaimed lands are... boring. Minor noblemen rule a village or two from their crumbling castles. Everyone is poor, but not so poor as to complain. They are accustomed to the larger cities protecting them from major foes, and accept the bandits that roam the land as a part of life. Some villages are clearly bandit havens, although the actual bandit presence in the region is curiously low.
A cursory tour reveals nowhere especially downtrodden, poor, or ambitious. It occurs that anyone who was poor, downtrodden, or ambitious, would move to the cities- those that live in the unclaimed land are those who are, broadly speaking, satisfied with their current situation.
Long Live United Forenia!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: October 19, 2011, 09:18:43 pm »

'Tala' slowly but surely regains her former confidence with the blade. It was easier to lose those skills than she had orginally thought...

She knew the other soldiers were having a good time seeing the 'noble' get knocked down in the mud just like them. There was even a pool going on for how long she would last before washing out. Well, she was going to be one to dissapoint them.

Action: Tala spends almost every day in training she has-alternating between sword practice and fitness exercises, until something interesting happens...

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: October 19, 2011, 09:30:24 pm »

"Seroiusly Jan. No problems, no downtrodden masses longing for freedom? No people wanting gold and glory? No wonder Ligoria never conquered these idiots! Lets try these "nobles", see if they want power and glory. Hopefully they do. Or this trip is going to get boring."

Head to one of these Noble's castles and speak with one.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: October 19, 2011, 10:00:01 pm »

Head to one of these Noble's castles and speak with one.
The 'nobles' are really, really minor. Some are just merchants who bought the lands from bankrupt nobles. Some are basically criminals who 'acquired' the land after the previous owners mysteriously passed away. The actual nobles are from small families, or distant relatives of powerful ones- all the nobles who are worth their salt hang out in the cities.

You visit the most imposing castle you can find. Unlike most 'castles' in the area, it is an actual castle, presumably constructed at some point by one of the nearby city states to protect its traders, overlooking as it does a (relatively) busy crossroads, and the market town that straddles it. The walls are in good condition, and the guards have matching uniforms- a sight better than most castles in the area.
However, the resident noble is still a nobody. You do not recognise his name, and though he claims that his family has lived here for generations, a little probing reveals that he is, in fact, a merchant on his father's side- his mother was forced to marry him to bring some money back into the family. Still, he is a competent man, and runs his lands with efficiency.
He is honoured to receive a 'city noble', and makes a big show of throwing a feast in your honour. The food is decent; nothing special. The wine is good, locally grown, and of a good year. The man's conversation is boring.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: October 19, 2011, 10:10:15 pm »

Remember if his lands are equal to or more then a parcel of land and if he makes more then a ducat a year.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 10:11:56 pm by filiusenox »

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: October 19, 2011, 10:18:06 pm »

[quote ]
[event roll] Ligoria
Mission: burn as many books as possible,without getting caught. Specifically targeting the books concerning the royal line.
[3] An unknown man entered the Royal Library of Ligoria in the middle of the night. [2] His attempts to stay unnoticed, were not. [5-1] There as an ample supply of glass bottles noticed in his possession as he managed to climb up a wall and into the Library. [6] Guards were alerted rather quickly at the notice of such ridiculously suspicious actions though they were mostly in vain. Despite the alarm raised, the damage had been done. [6] Large sections of the library containing the histories, heredity and miscellaneous information about the Royal line have been destroyed.
[/quote]

He left the embassy and brought a guard of four with him to the inn. He entered and asked the barman for any suspicious people or..."groups" in the inn. Scan the inn for those who look like the gang.

((Note: Only 1 was sent back dead, im sure at least 1 more is just -dead-, the rest were just unsuccessful and probably spooked the rest off))

The bartender knows better than to answer questions like that and just laughs at you. He does however point to an empty booth in the corner. You and you men settle in to the emptiness of the corner. After a round or 2 of drinks you're all approached by a young boy, no more than 13 or 14, who is dressed...strangly. He stands next to your table and addresses no one in particular, "Are you the men I'm looking for?"

Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: October 19, 2011, 10:34:28 pm »

Remember if his lands are equal to or more then a parcel of land and if he makes more then a ducat a year.
The lands around the castle equals one plot of land. The small market town brings in an additional 1 ducat per year (abstracted). In total, then, his income is 3 ducats per year. I think.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: October 19, 2011, 10:54:17 pm »

"So is there anything I can assist you with?" William took a sip of the wine. The tone carried a bit of flirting.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: October 19, 2011, 11:57:43 pm »

"Men? Close enough. I doubt Hatcuri are considered men after all...But yes, we are who you look for."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 220