Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231958 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast
« Reply #570 on: October 16, 2011, 11:31:09 am »

((Tari or Nuke: If you could, roll my sales please)

1 Heavy Carrack, 2 Holds [6 move]

Vasir: 2x Flax ->Galam [-1M]
Galam: NONE->Ligoria [-1M]
Ligoria: 2x LQ->Lechem [-1M]
Lechem: 2x Fish->Galam [-1M]
Galam: NONE->Vasir [-1M]

Starting Autumn, 15% sales tax in Vasir
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You buy the flax at a standard price, then being able to flog it off at a much higher price in Galam (0.8-1.0 Ducats earned before tax.) You then travel back to Ligoria, buy some LQ at a fairly reasonable price and set sail to Lechem where once again you prove why you're the head of the SCTG. (1 Ducat in profit before tax.) After that you buy some large slabs of fish fairly cheaply, and then head back to Galam to sell them, where it gets a very good price (For you :P) (1.0 - 1.2 Ducats earned before tax.)

Finally, you set sail back to Vasir, To home.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: October 16, 2011, 12:40:46 pm »

"Nope, I have quite a few bottles of this lying around my tent. My family collected quite a lot of stuff like this..but if you want something harsh, I have bottles of a really rare drinkthat would burn your thoat if you drank it..."
He pours a shot out and hands it over to Thunderblade, then he pours himself a shot and tosses it back.
"Which brings me to another question...how do you know of my real family name."
His face is blank, but his eyes are dark and cold. He pours himself another drink and sips it.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 12:46:16 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: October 16, 2011, 01:00:19 pm »

Kathos smiled. He had been waiting for that question. Sipping his drink, he replied calmly.

"Well, while I was waiting for a doctor to come and heal your arm and your ankle while you were unconscious, a guard told me your family name. I have no idea who told him."

While that was a good answer to the question, it was not enough

"But I also know what you are. You are a Vadud, a long-lived man, from the family of Kain Vadud II. We share some family history, William. Jarod Thunderblade - my grandfather - got his title because he served Kain while Elbreth was growing in power. Maybe you heard of him - the best duelist of the mirish coast, and eventually Kain's lieutenant before Elbreth started to collapse."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: October 16, 2011, 02:29:29 pm »

"Alot of people were Kain's lieutenants, they usually died. But I have heard of your grandfather. Indeed one of the best duelists of The Mirish Coast. He peserved the honor of the Mad King a few times. But may I ask a favor? I would prefer it if it was not well known that I am the grandson of Kain."

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: October 16, 2011, 04:06:46 pm »

Wait for summons
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
( sorry bout lock of rp used this one to go back and book keep.)
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: October 17, 2011, 07:38:19 pm »

((OOC: Self RP post. Please do not respond to it with an action.))

Laythe wandered through the the east gardens of the palace, her personal guards standing at the entrance to ward off those that would disturb her. A seagull flew over the northern part, and landed within the branches of a great mahogany. Consiquently, Laythe was standing near it's base.

"I may not have known the person you really were, Great grandmother, and I may never know. But know this, I will continue your dream, your goal of a unified storm coast! And I will finish what the dynasty started, even if I am the end of it by blood."

Laythe took a breath, then continued.

"So hear me great grandmother! I will take the storm coast! I will bring them all under my heel! I only ask that accept an adopted successor so that the dynasty may continue in it's most important aspect, Spirit!"

Laythe took a second to calm down, then headed back inside. Autumn was coming, and Laythe was bracing for what that would bring.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 10:46:30 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 17, 2011, 10:14:34 pm »

Fiumefurt; Outer Slums

"Incredible."

The two bandit leaders lounged on the slanted roof of one of the ramshackle huts in what had locally become known (among other, less flattering things) as "The Maze"- a poor immigrant slum that formed a ring around most of city proper- as they watched the sun set over the gleaming castle in the center of Fiumefurt.

"Guess we didn't reckon the city'd be so full, huh?"

"There isn't even room here for sweeping streets or waiting tables. No work, no vacancies, and no sympathy; and if you don't have somewhere to be by nightfall, you get shuttled off to this horrible little camp."

"Poor bastards must've heard the same rumors we did, heheh. So, what do we do now?"

"We'll do what everyone else is doing- get to know our new neighbors, and keep trying to find our own little hole in the wall."

Keep looking for jobs and rooms in the city! In the meantime, meet the other immigrants and try to get a feel of the sentiment around the slums (pertaining especially to each other and to their being stuck here).
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Autumn 415a)
« Reply #577 on: October 18, 2011, 06:58:47 am »

It is now Autumn

The harvest has been gathered, and the brightness of the day begins to fade. Summer has passed, and it is now Autumn.

Things that happened this spring:
-The lady Alanis, Ligorian 'noblewoman', threw a little art-viewing party, which had some interesting guests and some interesting occurrences.
-The begruged Weylander attacked the city of Shola in Ligorian uniforms, in an attempt to start a war. The leaders of Galam are in uproar, but relations between Shola and Ligoria have not been damaged too much.
-The Hacturi met Ligoria's nobles, fixed some problems, and returned to Talama and the newly built embassy therein. Kawakai suffered injuries attempting to get contacts in the underworld and fell victim to a poison which placed her in an indefinite sleep.
-Nikephoros the mercenary was made general of the Ligorian army.
-A group of ambitious bandits came down from the mountains of the Dragon Empire and have ambitious plans for the Storm Coast
-Some other people did some things.
-Word has it that the leaders of Galam are worried that the Dragon Empire is massing forces. The leaders of Galam are always worried about this, though, so no one is worried.
-Maybe some other stuff? I dunno. If you think that something that happened this summer deserves to be up here, it probably does. Please tell me, and I will put it up. I think having summaries of seasons will be useful later on. Probably.

Previous Season (summer 415a), Next Season (winter 415a)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 12:02:34 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 18, 2011, 01:23:58 pm »

"I may have a job for you soon. You will be summoned when you are needed."
You are summoned to the Archbishop's chambers.

Keep looking for jobs and rooms in the city! In the meantime, meet the other immigrants and try to get a feel of the sentiment around the slums (pertaining especially to each other and to their being stuck here).
[5-1=4] With perseverance, most of your forces manage to find minor jobs in the city, and places to stay with it. Some are left in the slums.

[4] Many of the immigrants are upset with their situation; having come to the 'city of silver' for a better life, living in slums without jobs was not what they were expecting. There is some grumbling, and many turn to crime for a living. However, the ever-present guards keep them in check, for the most part.

"And yes this art thief, he may be useful...Where could he have gotten wings? Either he's a skilled inventor or a mage...Track him down, won't you Hugo?"
Lord of Crows, hmm?

Track him down? Pff, you don't track a man like that. You bait him, and he tracks you down. And you sit and wait with a grin on your face.

A chunk of meat hangs outside of Hugo's window. Occasionally a bird flies up and tries to peck away a morsel. If it isn't a crow, it is bombarded with small rocks until it flies off. If it is, the meat is slowly pulled inside, luring the bird along, and then the window shut and the bird trapped. Shortly afterwards it is released, a fragment of a painting attached to its leg, and the process is repeated. The painting in question is a replica of the Faceless Regiment. Not that anyone could tell it was a replica, given that it was created by the artist himself.

How long will his lordship tolerate this taunting, Hugo wonders. Will others realise that it is not the thief himself distributing the painting? If they did, would they care? And would the Master Thief have the gall to walk straight into the Embassy when he realises who is doing it? Or would he have some more subtle way of doing things?
Long Live United Forenia!

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: October 18, 2011, 07:32:10 pm »

Kathos said nothing for a few seconds after William answered. He knew Kain's reputation. He understood why the other lord might not want these informations to become common knowledge. The Thunderblade family owed a lot to Kain, but most people who knew the lord of Lonemine wanted him dead.

"Of course. Anything else you wanted to talk about? I have a few things to do."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: October 18, 2011, 07:52:33 pm »

William was tensed before he heard the man speak. He visibly relaxed.
"Oh.Uh...no. Not really. It's been nice speaking to you, Masteri Thunderblade. Good luck in ventures and goodbye."
William stood up and left, stopped at the door and put a second bottle of the Brandy on the table, close by.

William waited until he was far out of the range of the guards about three fourths of the way back to the encampent, before he started laughing. He then turned his horse and headed to Tala's land.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 07:55:16 pm by filiusenox »

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: October 18, 2011, 11:42:09 pm »

Meet with the bishop
Great Archbishop of Moun what do you need of your humble servant?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 19, 2011, 12:22:07 am »

Send scouts out to find out who are the major criminal groups in Talama are. Go to the Robber's Flask (the cheap inn) and look for any criminal gangs or dealings.

You send several scouts through the city looking for signs of who the large gangs are, [1] at least one of those scouts comes back, pickled, in a barrel of horse piss [6] Another comes back missing a finger, but has good news! The gang would like to meet with you [5] at the Robber's Flask! You're not entirely sure how to meet up with them though, the messenger wasn't entirely coherent what with a missing finger and all. He seemed pissed...
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 19, 2011, 12:48:49 am »

"Karafs, have him patched up. Make sure he gets rest and an adequate pay-sum for his troubes."
"Yes ambassador."

Seems that the gangs weren't happy about being asked for. Understandable truly, but killing nearly all the messengers was a bit on the cruel side. Ah well, at least he would have a meeting.

Retcyl thought on the issue first; one of the gangs were angry yes, but they also were curious. Retcyl didn't know how he was going to meet with them though...Well anyway Retcyl wrote up some letters of hire and brought some gifts with him, mostly of rings.

He left the embassy and brought a guard of four with him to the inn. He entered and asked the barman for any suspicious people or..."groups" in the inn. Scan the inn for those who look like the gang.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 19, 2011, 01:28:40 am »

Vasir orders: Recruit 2 basic infantry regiments and 1 Basic Ship
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 01:34:04 am by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 220