Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231872 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast
« Reply #510 on: October 14, 2011, 05:39:47 am »

Doublepost. 504 errors.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 06:56:00 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 14, 2011, 05:49:38 am »

"Well, I'll have the ducat sent to the embassy at that then. You may leave now."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 14, 2011, 06:00:37 am »

"Ah good, well goodbye for now  my queen."

Retcyl bows then leaves the palace.

Once outside, he immediately heads back to the embassy, finding that Karafs has already put things into working order and that the loot has been sold off. Good.

"Ambassador, Mechanic Kawakai and Artist Hugo are here, she's bleeding."

"Kawakai? Injured? Not some effect of a drug or sexual deviancy?"

"No, I don't know yet myself; the artist brought her to something he calls the "bleeding room". They haven't been out since."

"I should see to it. Tell one of the doctors to meet me there soon."

"Yes ambassador."

What has been happening since Retcyl left? Retcyl also wondered if they ever received the letters and if they did, did they understand the messages...

Retcyl entered the back room and found Hugo attending to the mechanic.

"What happened?"

Return to Embassy, meet with Hugo and Kawakai

Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 06:04:44 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: October 14, 2011, 06:53:01 am »

Most of the soldiers were assebled in their regiments outside the city walls. Nikephoros walked from one unit to the other, assesing the ir strength, experience and spirits. He asked question and spoke with the officers. He found himself and adiutant, who walked behing the general and took copious notes on everything that has been said, as per Nikephoros' order. "If this was supposed to be the last job, thne lets make it with abang that will leave evveryone in awe", he quietly said to heimself.

Ligoria had its share of glories and wars in the past, althogh they weren't a premier power in The Storm coast, although strong enough to maintain unity and integrity. This was visible in the soldiers of her majesty's army, who despite relative inexperience, were all willing to train and were all volunteers.

Troopers from Nikephoros' own regiment set out in digging ditches and preparing timbers to build the barracks outside city walls, while Nikephoros decided to speak to the royal soldiers:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

When he finshed, he gave an order to gather captains of all regiments in hist tent. The first meeting of General Staff was about to begin...

Organise the Army for manouvers. Give a speech and organise construction of field barracks outside city walls. Gather officers for General Staff meeting.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 14, 2011, 01:48:21 pm »

Harold arrived in Talama with a frown and a bundle of papers on his back. His eyes had bags under them and his face was stained with occasional splatters of ink.
He hitched the bag up unto his shoulder better and then turned and headed toward the arena., when he was relatively close enough he began to limp. He arrived at the arena and headed to the overseer’s office.

Harold wishes to tour the arena.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 14, 2011, 02:24:12 pm »

Action: Tala begins gathering information on Ligorias military preparedness, and the current layout of its command structure.

You manage to drudge up a basic chain of command after studying the military's readyness.

The military has about four regiments on standby, With the Citadel and Talama guards on active defense duty. Talama is generally impregnable to all but a dedicated force.

Spoiler: Chain of command (click to show/hide)

Harold wishes to tour the arena.

[5] "Come right this way sir!, First we'll go though the champion's hall, then into the training rooms and quarters for the fighters and the atheletes, then we can tour the actual field itself! Come on then!"

The overseer briskly grabs hald and starts pulling him along on the tour.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: October 14, 2011, 02:53:00 pm »

Bandit Coalition Camp, Outskirts of Fiumefurt territory

Truly, there is no rest for the wicked. Ever since the two main forces had joined up on the border, their camp was a veritable anthill; almost silent, yet bustling with activity... if not as organized.

Over the course of the next few days, observers had to be consulted with, false identities constructed, roads watched, a secret language developed, costumes tailored, peasants trained, maps pored over, wagons repaired, and, of course, plenty of booze drunk to cut through the tense atmosphere; all in preparation for a mad heist, that, if it could be pulled off, promised to pay off well enough to retire it's survivors.

"...And one last reminder; no stealing, or bringing identifying symbols in the city. We've only got one chance at this, so we can't risk anyone finding out what we're up to, or the whole thing falls--"

"Could fall."

"-Could fall apart. For that reason, also please remember to keep drinking and... company down to the barest minimum necessary to maintain your cover."

"An' if I don't get to go as a drunken lech, none of you lot do. That everything, Sam?"

She shuffled through the stack of plans, musing; this meeting had taken the longest- nearly an hour- as they did one last rundown on everything they could possibly think of prior to starting the operation. "I... I think so."

Samantha sighed with relief and sat down on a stump, while Liira jumped to her feet, clapping her hands. "Arright then, let's get this plan moving! First group moves out in ten! We'll show those Furters that no castle's impenetrable!"

Begin the operation!

-Spend 2 Ducats(verify) of the primary treasure pool to turn the peasants into a Raider regiment.

-Station 2 bandit regiments near one end of the city (ideally were they can watch for signals while staying out of sight of city guards), and the peasant regiment and one bandit regiment near the opposite end.

-Spend as much of the secondary Ducat pool as necessary to disguise the two Red Tiger regiments and the other Storm Coast bandit regiment as civilians, merchants, craftsmen, and the like (and the rest as small-time sellswords and such if we run low on funds). Where possible/appropriate, individuals will be given disguises fitting their former professions.

-Begin filtering troops into Fiumefurt from different directions- try to keep with the normal ebb and flow of traffic to and from the city. Where anyone has reason to leave, they're to rendezvous back at the camp, change identities, and return in keeping with the above plan. Continue this for as long as it takes to get all three regiments within the city.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 03:00:35 pm by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: October 14, 2011, 03:28:07 pm »

Once the tent contained the entire top brass of Ligoria, Nikephoros ordered the tent closed off and sururrounded with guards. He would have no one linterrupt or spy on him.

"Officers, We are at the dawn of the new age for this nation. Our queen entrusted me with you and your men, in steadfast belief that this nation can be brought to glory above others.
I am true to this belief, for that I what I was ordained to do. It is also my personal wish to do one last great thing before I finish with my career.
I've spilled blood of many men, but always held myself and my men to do our duty, nothing more, nothing less. I never lifted a sword against someone who held no ill will to me or my masters, and I intend to hold everyone in this tent to the same principle.

For now then, remember the words of my speech, and prepare for a practice manouvers. Lootk at this map. Here and here the infantry....."

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #518 on: October 14, 2011, 03:30:03 pm »

It could have gone worse, thought Oli'c.

The Lord of Shola had just granted them access to the city, and they were to find jobs, and if not, there was a special project in store for them. Oli'c, however, did not like the sound of that. It could be a suicide mission, and they would probably end up not having a choice on whether or not to go along with it.

Throwing a small portion of incense onto a fire, Oli'c said a prayer, then addressed his men, and the druids, advising them to get a job.

"Druids, I believe we, as men of nature, should look for the apothecary or herbalist of this town, and attempt to work with him," said Oli'c.

Tell the other people to get jobs, but meet me outside the town once per week. Take all the druids and look for an apothecary or herbalist.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 14, 2011, 04:01:01 pm »

Harold listened to the guide yammer away.

In particular Harold is listening for, The current grand champion, what his crime was, who rules the gladiators, unofficially and officially, how many gladiators there are and what their crimes are, and how big the arena is.

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: October 14, 2011, 04:19:23 pm »

The sun had just shown above the horizon when Avitus Traianus finally passed the outer walls of Talama. Stepping out of the wagon that led him right in the center of the town, he ordered his two personnal bodyguards to follow him while carrying the two coffers he had been hanging to for almost two years. After asking for directions, he found himself at the palace gates where he hailed a guard: "Good morning soldier, I would much appreciate it if you would inform your Queen that I request a meeting. In case she wanted to know, which I highly suspect, tell her highness that my name is Avitus Traianus, former servant of the house of Vasir." After introducing himself, he noded at his guards who retreated outside the palace with the coffers. While waiting to be brought to the Queen, he looked from the terrasse over Talama, or at least its richest neighborhood.

Arrive in Talama. Request a meeting with the Queen.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: October 14, 2011, 04:35:33 pm »

Send a man to Shola to meet with the herbalist, this time with samples.

3/5/4

[3] The herbalist in Shola takes the samples and gets to work rather quickly. Apparently this may take some time, but [5] given proper funding the 'cure' can also be laced with certain growth enhancements. The cost of this funding appears to be around a full ducat, [4] however, the herbalist is willing to split the payment. Half now to cover the cost of the items needed, and the remaining half in two seasons' time. Without the funding, the cure for the blight itself will still cost the .5d for materials.

((I had a few things to do...))

As Kathos was looked at the message, he smiled. Now that was one problem fixed. He still had to send the money, but it shouldn't take too long. The cropblight would hopefully not damage his land's economy any further. While the offer of the herbalist to add growth enhancement was interesting, Kathos barely had enough money to cure the cropblight - and this sounded like a dangerous gambling anyway.

Pay 0.5 ducats to have the cure for the cropblight, do not pay for any enhancement.

((And I think that was my last bit of money))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: October 14, 2011, 04:42:59 pm »

In particular Harold is listening for, The current grand champion, what his crime was, who rules the gladiators, unofficially and officially, how many gladiators there are and what their crimes are, and how big the arena is.

"Well, we don't currently have a grand champion as of now, considering how they got accepted into the army. Alaria, bloody good fighter that one. She never took crap from anyone, got her cheap from the slave market after her old owner had several lacterations and a missing head. The guard never found the head, but I say they never looked for it. Ah well, that was about a year back, right after the queen's coronation ceremony. Been hell down in the gutworks though, considering that there isn't a de facto leader in there right now because of the fact there is no grand champion. They'll still listen to me, on some things but they truly never trust someone that isn't one of their own. Slaves are like that."

The overseer looked over Harolds heraldry.

"Well, I can see that your master must be a high rank in society. We get quite a few nobles from all over the storm coast, and even a few foreign ones every time we have a tounament here. Of course, nothing has really struck the queen for her to hold another one, so we make do with criminal fights for now. Chuck a load of some the nastiest scum into the arena, give them weapons and tell then they'll go free if they are the last one standing. We send in the proper fighters once there's only three or so criminals left, Saves the crowd from losing a favorite, and we pull off a nasty renegotiation on the last man standing bit. Anyway, enough of my rambling for a bit, we're about to enter the gutworks."

Arrive in Talama. Request a meeting with the Queen.

You arrive in the throne room, minus your guards (They're standing outside), after half an hour.

"So. What did you want?"

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: October 14, 2011, 04:45:28 pm »

"How many are down there?"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: October 14, 2011, 04:51:08 pm »

"Well, we have around twenty professional fighters, thirty trainees and about 50-60 criminlas in the dungeons below it."
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 220