Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231784 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast
« Reply #465 on: October 12, 2011, 05:32:42 am »

"Ah, greetings. You are the Steward of this estate, correct?"

Not expecting me, good. Or he only pretends to not expect me. I won't know till further information is acquired.

Who was this lady? Lady Tala's mother probably...Why the need for curfews? The rest was understandable...

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 12, 2011, 05:38:05 am »

The man weighs your approach carefully.

"Indeed. I am Steward of the Alanis Family, Matthew Turin. And you are?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 12, 2011, 05:47:54 am »

((Going to sleep now...Sorry about this))

OK, Retcyl thought, don't mess this up.

"I am the Ambassador of the Emperor Kelemed of Hatcur to Ligoria."

This human need not listen to the whole list of titles, no one deserved that fate.

"I could recite to you  the rest of the titles but it would bore you immensely."

After a moment, Retcyl continued.

"I have come to make sure that the lands of Queen Laythe are well cared for and that there are no great issues. And yes, it is odd that I'am actively aiding the queen, but it's good to be friendly."

"Now, I've seen nothing too bad with the estate, commendations are due for that. But, there is a second reason I've come for...traitors"

He let that hang in the air for some time, but finally said

"Does this estate know of any? Former vassals of the late king or any who would wish to do the Queen harm? Don't worry, I don't expect the Alanis family of any wrongdoing."
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 05:54:53 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 12, 2011, 06:01:11 am »

The man seems oddly amused.

"Naturally. The Alanis Family has served the ruling house since our lands founding.

As for traitors...we would not know. Our own lands are swiftly patrolled for all sorts of wrong doers-and we've caught more than a few recently-but we receive few foreign visitors from other parts of the country to embroil in us any sort of espionage. We keep to ourselves,  as best we can.

Indeed, if you want any proof of traitors, you may check the crossroads gibbets a mile from here, up the road. We believe the only rest a traitor deserves is in a Crows belly."

He laughs pleasantly enough.

The gates clangs shut behind you ominously.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 12, 2011, 06:49:26 am »

Demand a second trial, testing intelligence rather than combat ability. Leave if it's not granted.

The green coated man seems to be more bored than anything.

"Eh, you are awfully confident we'll just let you stroll out. Right funny, that is.

But, I see you stood up for a bit anyway...I guess you can have a second chance. Awalia, you should have killed her by now. I'm a bit disappointed in you."

He frowns condescendingly, and Awalia hangs her head-and hisses at you.

"Tell you what...there's been someone stealing my property-some guy, thinks he's a hero or whatever...I need you to find him. Just get me a name-an address. We can do the rest. Ya wont have to soil yer pretty hands, lovey.

For extra fun, you can work with Awalia here. You'll get along like the best of friends, yeah?"

He chuckles and takes another bite of the peach.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 12, 2011, 09:20:43 am »

Plunder my way towards Galam try to not get caught at that...

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 12, 2011, 01:28:55 pm »

"Truly? Seems that this estate is clean, yes...I shall check these gibbets...But may I ask one thing, what is wrong with Tala's mother? Is it just old age?"

Retcyl was starting to doubt that Tala was anything but a noblewoman. Nothing special of her and she probably was the most normal of the three landowners. Perhaps Retcyl was wrong to believe...Well he should leave soon.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 02:19:40 pm by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 12, 2011, 02:11:47 pm »

Meantime, we'll be heading out to Mileth, south o' here, to gather funds for bribes an' such- we'd appreciate any volunteers. Otherwise, we'll meet up on the border of the Furt's land in, say, a week's, two week's time, aye?"
The bandits agree, and head off to gather their men.

Meanwhile, you send further scouts to analyse the specific military strength of Mileth.

[2]Whilst snooping around the city, they can't help but pick up a few loose things, from people's pockets. They are thrown into prison for their trouble, and the guard doubles their check for suspicious individuals.
Long Live United Forenia!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 12, 2011, 02:50:32 pm »

Matthew Turin frowns.

"One could say a combination of age and the weariness that comes with it...I am more inclined to believe it is grief. Her husband, you see, was lost in a hunting accident near 10 years ago-gored by a stag. Lady Alanis has never quite recovered from it.

That was the time House Alanis began to withdraw from court to tend to their own affairs, you see.

She put everything left to her in the proper upbringing of Tala. I believe the hope that her daughter might find a love of her own-and would, in time regain the power and honor the family had once enjoyed is all that has kept her alive in these long years. Her original hope was for Tala to obtain a husband and return to the estate to take her mothers place, but the recent news of the Queens new take on the rights of women has raised her spirits, somewhat. We're all confident Tala will make us proud.

Now, was their anything else you needed?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 12, 2011, 02:57:15 pm »

"She'll make you all proud. I can agree with that. Powerful woman, yes."

"I see that there is nothing else here to attend to. Good day, Mr Turin."

Retcyl bowed slightly and walked back towards the gate.

"Guard I'll be leaving now, yes it was a short visit."

Soon enough, the gate reopened and Retcyl and his guard left for the camp.

"Do you think he was lying, Karafs?"

"He seemed honest enough. Not my job to tell people's faces."

Karafs wasn't much of conversationalist.

Head back to camp pack it up, and head towards the direction to the city. During the night, when all are asleep, arm my regiment and have them quickly and silently slit the throats of the bandits.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 12, 2011, 03:06:02 pm »

Kawakai nodded, "I'll get to it.", she snapped sharply on her heels near the door "And Awalia, if you want to try and get some of my credit check in at the hacturi embassy and I'll see you then" as the door shut behind her Kawakai breathed a sigh of relief, walked a few steps and leaned against the warehouse sobbing quietly to herself as her wounds continued to ooze blood lightly.

Return to the hacturi embassy, try to get an apprentice to train into an engineer. If Awalia comess question info from her about the property thief so we have a lead to follow, if she's too proud to show up ask around Talama bringing it up in casual conversation.
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 12, 2011, 03:19:43 pm »

Return to the hacturi embassy, try to get an apprentice to train into an engineer. If Awalia comess question info from her about the property thief so we have a lead to follow, if she's too proud to show up ask around Talama bringing it up in casual conversation.
Hugo is sitting in your workshop, messing with your tools. He looks up when you enter, and his face changes to one of concern.

"Kawakai, you're bleeding! Oh no no no, this won't do!"

He rushes up to her and takes her by the arm.

"You'll bleed all over the new floor, and the wood is too young, the stains will stay forever! It would be a disaster! Come, lets get you into a back room, with stone floors. And gutters. I call it 'the bleeding room'. I knew it would come in handy"

He guides her into said bleeding room, and sits her in a heavy wooden chair.

"Now then. I'll get some bandages, and then you can tell me why you are bleeding."
Long Live United Forenia!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 12, 2011, 03:30:10 pm »

'Matthew Turin'-a name as fake as the lies that had just spilt from his mouth, watched the dimwitted ambassador left. That went well.

Then he spit on the ground. That Scum. The Dragon Empire had long held a seething hatred for the 'brothers' who stolen the name of Hactur for themselves, as if they owned some claim to a pure bloodline. The Dragon Empire was the true strength and purity of the Hacturi lineage-descended from the 13 outlaw princes who the Hactur Empire had betrayed and cast to the wilds in times of antiquity for their 'crimes'. But, they had survived-and thrived. The Dragon Empire was strong as it had ever been, and would only grow stronger as they absorbed these pitiful nations into their own growing collective. Even men like him had come to realize that, and aligned themselves with their ideals. After all-he was serving not only the whims of his own wise rulers, but the very Gods themselves, who looked down upon all their endeavors with joy.

One had only to look upon these people that Lady Tala ruled-who now lived without fear, ruled only by themselves, and oversight from a ruling council chosen by themselves-ultimately, this council answered to him, of course, but he was a just man, and they paid him back with loyalty. It was, in fact, a test bed to see how the Dragon Empires  type of governing would react with the people of Ligoria...they seemed to be taking to it rather well. Open treason was one thing-improving your lot in life was another. He had guessed many of his people sensed this, and had been actively deceiving the ambassador, leading him from any real discovery. He decided they would have a summer feast tomorrow-gratefully provided from the larders of the Dragon Empire of course, but the people would neither know, nor care. He was glad to do it-he would fill their childrens hungry bellies, and they would thank him for it.

He went back into the manor with a grin. There was a small matter to attend to-and he did so hate being interrupted when he was interrogating a prisoner. He wondered, somewhat morbidly, how loud he could have made Retcyl scream given tools and time...well, there was always time to find out...

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: October 12, 2011, 05:53:01 pm »

As the other bandit bosses were lead out of the camp, and the men picked up after the feast, the two co-leaders of the Red Tiger Gang returned to their command tent. Entrance flap safely pinned up and everyone out of earshot, Liira suddenly doubled over in an outburst of laughter, even as her friend threw up her arms in exasperation.

"You're insane! Completely and utterly mad! A single mistake and this whole scheme could fall apart-- and you have to insult them and threaten them?!"

"But it worked, just like I told you it would!" Laughter slowly subsiding, she straightens up, wiping a tear from her eye. "Like I said, you've gotta have guts! You'd need to be a bit crazy to win someone like that Shark over!"

"It hasn't worked yet. We should retire for the night, and head out for Mileth in the morning; I'll send some scouts out ahead."

Sam frowned worriedly as she moved to help Liira out of her armor. "...Do you really think we can do this? We've never tried something this big before..."

"Relaaax, you worry too much. It'll work out like it always does; we'll just do our best, and let Heaven sort out the rest! Just you watch, we'll loot that castle in no time!"

The next day, near the city of Mileth...

Hours pass, and as dusk approaches, Samantha paces impatiently near the edge of camp, occasionally looking out at the town.

"Are they ba--" "No m'am."

A few seconds' silence. A few more steps back and forth, and another furtive glance.

"Are they--" "With all due respect, m'am, I don't think askin' me that every thirty seconds'll get 'em back any faster."

She stops and sighs, before taking a quick swig from her flask, as the boss approaches them.

"Got the men ready! So, the scouts--" "No m'am."

"They should have been back by now, so they must have done something stupid, and gotten captured or killed."

Liira tilts her head slightly, but, as always, is unswayed. "Guess we'll do without them, then! Go get armored up, Sam, it's time to kick some asses!"

Rich and poorly defended* is our type of town!

Raid Mileth: If battle occurs, Conserve Troops and retreat as soon as we gain advantage.

*Even if we don't know that second part- there's got to be a lot of bandits in the area for some reason!
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 12, 2011, 06:45:04 pm »

Plunder my way towards Galam try to not get caught at that...

[5] You happen upon an unguarded caravan headed to [2] Mileth from [2] Galam. The caravan is quite surprised by the fact they were just attacked by Ligorian troops. [1] You're unsure what effect this will have on your relations with Galam, but you know it'll make Ligoria more annoyed on top of making them look bad. The caravan carried [3] Minor goods and little in the way of hard coin. Your troops manage 1 unit of Furs.

Many days later

[2] You arrive at the outskirts of Galam, though you feel you were followed. [6] You had the good sense to stop wher eyou are and send a few men to scout the area. [5v4+3] They notice signs of other travellers behind you, but do not seem to be able to locate them or discern the size of the pursuers. The scouts return, report, and await further orders.

----------------

Laythe's Throneroom

"The cost of the Guard Corps is great to my Lord, and the losses to the attackers apparently inspired the men to loot only what was readily available and flee - mostly the taxes collected and the sales of merchants in that part of town. Everything is being replaced by my Lord of course. He feels responsible for the attack."

Hyte smiles at the mentioning of defenders being provided, "It is appreciated that you would help to protect Shola. It will not be required though. The raiders seemed to mostly have had the blessing of luck that night - they attacked the weakest point and during a lull in patrols."

Spoiler: Letter from Cain (click to show/hide)

Shaking his head, Hyte responds to the Queen's comment about the 'Crow', "I know little of the event. Something about a painting being stolen? Mostly I used the event to slip your guards. Distractions are a wonderous thing when one needs to disappear from watchful eyes. I can't fault the guardsmen, 'tis in their training to be alerted to events such as the call of a 'thief', let alone such a call within castle grounds with the Queen herself present."
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 06:54:44 pm by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 220