Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231864 times)

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast
« Reply #450 on: October 11, 2011, 01:52:23 am »

Samantha sighed, in a mixture of relief and resignation. "I try my best, but there are just so many variables..."

Liira, however, clapped her hands together cheerfully."Just a couple more things to iron out, then!" she paused, tilting her head slightly to the side. "Three, but we can kill two birds with one stone. First..." She turned in her seat, and shouted to one of the nearby guards, "Get these gents another round of drinks, wouldja, man?!

Now--"
she said, turning back, plucking the knife from the table, and slipping back into her boot, "We're still going to need those disguises, but more importantly, we gotta figure out who's gonna be where for our little party. We have to have only the best and brightest on the inside, an' I don't feel like staying up arguing all night, so here's the plan: The disguise problem can be solved by you just..." she gestured vaguely, with a knowing grin, "Doing what you do best... But we'd like to send a couple observers with each of you, since you'll need guides past the traps on the way out anyway. Best three- or more, if we pick up anyone else- go in the city with the Tigers; it's way more dangerous, but the inside group gets first crack at the treasure. Fair deal?

Meantime, we'll be heading out to Mileth, south o' here, to gather funds for bribes an' such- we'd appreciate any volunteers. Otherwise, we'll meet up on the border of the Furt's land in, say, a week's, two week's time, aye?"
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 11, 2011, 03:42:12 am »

Send a man to Shola to meet with the herbalist, this time with samples.

3/5/4

[3] The herbalist in Shola takes the samples and gets to work rather quickly. Apparently this may take some time, but [5] given proper funding the 'cure' can also be laced with certain growth enhancements. The cost of this funding appears to be around a full ducat, [4] however, the herbalist is willing to split the payment. Half now to cover the cost of the items needed, and the remaining half in two seasons' time. Without the funding, the cure for the blight itself will still cost the .5d for materials.

((Enhancements have an RtD chance to add .5-1.5x tax value worth of increased yield to 1 plot of land. In short: Bonus income equal to 2d+25-75%(2.5-3.5d). So at worst you break even since the lack of the cure would rtd about a 1 in 3 chance of cutting tax yield this season by .25d, and left unchecked would continue to drop .25d/yr))
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 02:58:31 am by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 11, 2011, 09:48:32 am »

Corvinus looked at his remaining men. The attack had been fruitful although they had lost more than gained. But now he needed more troops...luckily they had enough of the Ligorian Uniforms to clothe at least another dozen regiments.

Search for bandits,mercenaries,and similiar shady men and offer them to join me...

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 12, 2011, 02:20:30 am »

Take three druids and arm them with a sword, a dagger, and a leather vest. Instruct them to say they are people trying to help wherever needed. Go to the northeastern tavern.

In Shola
((Note: This conversation takes place prior to the attack on the town, will likely end prior to the attack by Ghaz. Due to your force's location in the northeast, they would have been unable to assist in the attack - provided you are still in town at that time...Let's see how it goes!))
Attitude check of the lord: [5]

"So, your people have been spending a lot of time in and around my little corner of no where. I would like to know why, what you want, who you are and what reasoning you can provide against your removal? Preferably in that order. My people are paranoid of outsiders, especially those in large, armed, numbers."

---------------------------------
"Ah, Hyte, I assume you wish to speak to me about something? Do so then."

In Laythe's Throneroom

Hyte has lost most of the mannerisms he donned previously. The man sits at a table, facing the queen, and speaks in a serious and confident tone.
"I do hope recent events were not a response to the lack of your messenger's return. His welfare was never a question and I do not believe I spoke anything that should have led you to believe he was harmed."

Hyte frowned slightly as if rethinking what you and he had discussed previously. Shaking his head as if confirming his statement he continued, "My Lord would like to know why several regiments of troops, wearing Ligorian Uniforms, attacked Shola several nights ago."
---------------------------------

In Galam

[1v6] The soldiers in the Citadel have their orders. Most are apathetic towards Commander Zach and no one seems to be upset at the turn of events. A large search net is set up to find Zach. [5v1] Soldiers nearly catch nearly close in, then he daringly escapes [2] losing enough of his men that he can replenish the regiment freely, but it will take him a season to do so.

Notice: ex-Commander Zach's whereabouts are unknown

Eshir's Office
The guards return to the office empty handed - Eshir isn't pleased. They retell the events of Zach's escape, Eshir and Dala seem amused while Ives still seems afraid for his life.

"I apologize, Dala. We shall send out forces to track Zach to his foreign contacts..." Dala was about to interject when Eshir continued speaking after signing some orders to his guards, "A list of those contacts will also be provided to your Lord. I ask only one thing - Should Sholan efforts find him first, I would like to speak to him before you have him executed'

"I am sure my Lord would find that a simple matter to live with for any assistance we can obtain in bringing the man that ordered the raid and slaughter of our people to justice."

"With these orders I am providing to my men, I would also like to extend an offer of mutual assistance between our states. I offer out of both an extension of apology that this event ever happened, as well as the simple fact that our mutual states have much to offer eachother. These times are getting strange. Reports of the Dragon Empire rearranging forces, our good Queen Laythe's ascension to the throne."

Eshir thought for a moment and laughed, "Of course I truly can't throw stones in glass cathedrals."

Dala nodded, "I am sure my Lord will take great interest in the cooperation between our peoples. I shall leave as soon as I have the information you're providing. I know my Lord would like to begin plans on these topics as soon as possible."

Dala Stood and reached out to Ives again, "It was a pleasure to meet you Master Ives, I'm sure we'll see eachother again."

Ives returned the gesture and nodded, "Perhaps we may"

After Dala leaves

"So, it took him this long to try something? Not bad I suppose. I do feel bad for putting you in that situation Ives." Eshir ushered the guards out of the room, "Leave us."

When the room was clear, Ives spoke up "The man seemed to have finally lost it. He had been drinking heavily lately. The foreigner he hired must of been a grand scapegoat to Zach. If the man still lives, we may hear of him again. He is a simple mercenary through and through, seems to work for the thrill of causing chaos."

Eshir sat in his desk and removed a bottle of 40 year old Suulian brandy from his desk, along with a pair of glasses. "Well, what shall we do in the mean time? Our men shall be busy in the coming months. Zach was always a survivor, he'll be hard to find. Then there's the issue of the protection contracts we'll need to write up for Shola and Ligoria. It's only right! We did cause a bit of trouble on their behalf"

"Plans executed to a certain gloomy ending that was almost how we planned it...", Ives sipped his brandy slowly, thinking aloud "We have the funds, the manpower and the time. I don't forsee any reason we won't be able to continue the project as planned."

"True, true...I guess time will tell. Do me a favor, copy what you need from your record books, and store the pages about Zach somewhere safe."

They sat in silence drinking for a few moments...

Eshir sighed, "Wish he had waited a little longer, though. I have no one on hand to replace him. Eh, maybe someone out of one of the fresh recruits we send to Ligoria or Shola will prove intelligent."

"Possible...So, meeting ajourned then, Sir?"

Eshir smiled and waved Ives off leaving him to his bottle of brandy and his thoughts.
----------------------

Search for bandits,mercenaries,and similiar shady men and offer them to join me...

[X] This near to Shola you won't find anyone to join you. Your remaining forces feel they should either return to Galam for reinforcement or head elsewhere to hire more bandits.

((Note: Please include your holdings in your posts. Mostly so i know what you currently have. You'll also not be able to raise any regiments without ducats))
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 02:54:49 am by CyberGenesis »

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 12, 2011, 02:59:04 am »

(((Sorry, didn't notice i was still in a quote, not in a modify - my bad on the extra post)))
Send message to Thunderblade and arrive at Lady Tala's estate. set up camp on the borders of the estate and send a scouts to find out if there are any problems on the estate.

[5/4/5]
Lady Tala's lands seem to be unplagued by anything more than the usual crime. Her people seem eager to see what kind of Lady she will prove to be.

Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 12, 2011, 03:09:16 am »

"I gave no order to attack Shola, and all of my troops are in either Ligorian territor or in Talama. It was most likely a false flag attack, someone has it out for me, and either got a coincidential timing of the attack, or they know of our current diplomatic ties.

And as for the messenger, I would never send the army for one man that I have been given assurance of the safety of, and much less attack the very place he is staying. I may have a few shortcomings in regards to my temper, But I not that foolish nor stupid.

At any rate, where does this leave us, and who else could've gaven the order?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 12, 2011, 03:30:33 am »

Hyte nodded to the Queen, "This was the essence of the report I recieved while attending the party, along with a letter addressed to yourself from my Lord. Shola is not a military power, My Queen. I am sure your advisors know this. Were you to force a conflict with my people, there would be little we could do to oppose your military outright. Of course, knowing this, there should also be little reason for such a move when simple heavy-handed diplomatics would have sufficed. My Lord required me to at least ask you, apologies if any offence was taken"

Hyte rose and approached the queen as non-threateningly as possible.

"I am pleased to report that of the, apparently three, regiments of men that attacked the lone Guard Corps of the southern gate, less than a single regiment survived. We lost the Corps, of course, as well as several merchants being robbed. Their losses are being replaced by my Lord, personally"

Hyte handed the letter to the Queen and returned to where he was seated

"I apologize for my disappearance from the party, I was rather enjoying myself. Sholan diplomats so rarely get to socialize with members of high society. Your watch did their best, but disappearing is what I do. This news required me to exercise my skills"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 12, 2011, 03:39:23 am »

"However, I would not think that any of the other nations would approve of Ligoria taking shola by force, and I'd prefer keeping Ligoria intact and my throne."

Laythe watched Hyte as he moved towards her.

"I'm impressed at the Lone guard's tenacity, taking on three to one odds in not for the weak willed. I can have my general gather up some of my forces to protect Shola while your Lord rebuilds his forces."

Laythe started to read the letter.

"Ah well, they did their best, and you weren't harmed. That's good enough for me. I assume you heard the master of crows cawing?"
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 03:44:35 am by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 12, 2011, 03:59:32 am »

'Tala' paced the halls impatiently outside the throne room...she still wondered what the Queen wanted with her, really. It had been an exhausting night...she rubbed her temples, the oncoming headache already starting to pound like a hammer. She wanted nothing more than a warm bath and a night of sleep, but...matters had to be attended to.

One of her guards approached then-Vespius. Apparently he had been enjoying himself with a young woman, and had also used the time constructively anyway.

"Ho, Vespius. Did you have fun tonight?"

He smiled and spoke to her quietly.

"Indeed...I also learned what you asked. There's a small place under the castles East Wall-it looked like it might have been some sort of crypt once before, thankfully empty now. It's off the guard patrols...you could almost hide near anything-or anyone-there, and none would be the wiser..."

Vespius would be getting a bonus this month. Yes.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 12, 2011, 04:04:28 am »

"No problems or issues at all? Not even morale?"

"None ambassador, a few coughs and a few bugs, but nothing out of the ordinary. Not even one brigand."

"Hmm...Interesting. You are dismissed."

As the scout left, Retcyl pondered. Lady Tala had been given the most productive real estate in the kingdom! Well, there weren't really any problems here for Retcyl to attend to, but best to make sure that everything was in order.

Retcyl left the tent and brought with him Karafs and an honour guard. Time to meet with the Lady's steward...

Enter estate with Karafs and an honour guard. Speak to Tala's steward.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 04:44:32 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 12, 2011, 04:42:30 am »

((I'm pretty sure I can RP this now))

The estate of the Alanis family seems very old-not shabby, but from a different era, perhaps-in another world, it would probably be described as Gothic-forbidding and impressive. The other notable thing that can be seen is the strength of it's defenses-high thick stone walls-not that they rival the capitals-a thick iron gate and an impressive number of guards on the wall, each wearing a green sash. Perhaps it had been used as a fort long ago, or a place where the locals could take shelter during war time...but it does seem to have undergone some recent renovation.

As Retcyl approaches the gates, a smiling guard stands politely with his hands behind his back, waiting. The gate is ornate-the thick iron bars twist in primal, animalistic shapes-and it remains firmly closed.

"Hail. What bring you to Castle Alanis, travellers?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 12, 2011, 04:46:56 am »

"Ah, greetings, I do have a task from the queen to inspect her lands, which includes this estate. I wish to talk to the Lady's steward. Any problems with that?" Retcyl said politely and with what humans would register as a smile.

Karafs and the guard awaited stiffly.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 04:55:31 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 12, 2011, 05:16:33 am »

The guards mouth twitched in what might have been distaste at the Hatcuri. He was good though-you could never accuse him of it, by how fast it came and went.

"No problems. I trust your papers are in order? We'll need to see the royal seal, of course. Standard precautions.

Forgive us our suspicion, but rumors of banditry abound. One can never be too careful these days..."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 12, 2011, 05:19:20 am »

"Royal seal? Ah yes, here we go."

Retcyl pulls out the letter the queen sent him some time ago and displays the seal, but carefully hides the contents of the letter.

"And yes, these bandits have been quite active lately...They'll have to be eliminated soon enough.."
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 12, 2011, 05:28:34 am »

The guard takes out a small magnifying glass and looks over the seal.

"It...seems authentic. You are granted passage into the estate. As guests, you are entitled to whatever hospitality we can offer.

We do enforce several rules-a strict 6 o'clock curfew, armed escorts to all non-guest areas on the stewards request, and we expect a certain level of privacy regarding the lady of the house. Try to remain respectfully silent at all times.

She is very ill, and does not often see visitors."

With that the gates begin drawing into the walls, opening the way. The Steward is standing in the courtyard, waiting for you.

He seems an unnaturally tall man in his 30s, who is wearing an open necked shirt and a pair of trousers. Apparently he wasn't expecting company, or he may have been dressed more formally.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 220