Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231727 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast
« Reply #435 on: October 10, 2011, 02:35:17 pm »

Tell them that the boy is a distant family member and his branch of the family has been falling into poverty and obscurity for some time now. The queen is being overthrown via an alliance between Hatcur, Korlan, and Groaning for strategic purposes. They won't return to the fields, but serve as soldiers or spies.

((Where did the +1 come from))
((Learn to mouseover))

[4]"Well... I guess we could get behind that. Anything to see Psychobitch off the throne. All right, we'll do it. But I ain't setting one foot into that city until the queen is dead."
Long Live United Forenia!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 10, 2011, 02:47:04 pm »

"Very well, you won't need to for now. We journey to the estate of Lady Tala, heard of her by any chance?"

"Some new nobles or something."
"Pretty much. Now gentlemen, I would advise you to bring your men to camp."

As the bandits left, Retcyl brought in the scribe and got him to write a letter to Thunderblade.
Spoiler:  To Kathos (click to show/hide)
It was then sent to Thunderblade

Send message to Thunderblade and arrive at Lady Tala's estate. set up camp on the borders of the estate and send a scouts to find out if there are any problems on the estate.

Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 02:28:01 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 10, 2011, 02:53:10 pm »

Galam

[3] A messenger arrives in Galam to speak with Eshir. His origin is made known by the gate guard to several others on the way to the Citadel. [2] This news makes it to the ear of Commander Zach, who is understandably less than pleased. After the messenger was received by Eshir, Zach went looking for the Quartermaster...

In Eshir's Office
Eshir sets the letter down and stares at the messenger from Shola. "Dala was it?", the messenger nodded calmly, "If what I read here is to be believed, your Lord is under the impression that someone funded an attack on Shola in an attempt to make Ligoria look at fault?", again the messenger nodded. "Obviously you are here to see if that someone was I. This can be solved with a simple inventory of our storerooms.."

Eshir motioned for a guard, "Please go fetch Master Ives...and bring his records books as well, but don't let him know they were taken. Let's give him a chance to explain first."

Zach
[6] Outside of Zach and the mercenaries, the Quartermaster was the only other person to know what was going on. [1] The quartermaster, however, is no where to be found when Zach arrived at his housing. Zach tore apart the office looking for the records books showing his name signing off on all of the equipment and men requisitioned for 'mercenary work'...he never did find them...

...back in Eshir's Office
Master Ives stood before Eshir in his office. Eshir was casually smoking from his pipe when Ives entered. He eyed the messenger, seated across from Eshir, and nodded slowly to him. [5] The messenger turned to Ives and raised his hand in greeting. "Master Ives? Pleasure to meet you, my name is Dala - Ives raised his hand and grasped Dala's "of Shola." Mid-shake Ives stopped, and looked to Eshir.

"I thought so...", Eshir sighed. [3] "I know you're not a deceitful man Ives, there was a reason I kept you around when I took control. You've always served the Citadel and the people of Galam well. I like you, so I'll give you a chance -"

[1] Ives cut Eshir off before he could finish, "Zach"

Dala sat back down in his chair. As he did, Eshir motioned for Ives to do the same.

"I'm not surprised. I kept him, too...but I didn't keep many of his more favored men under his command. He's always had a sore spot because of this. I just didn't beleive he'd attempt something like this." Eshir motioned for the guards in the room to leave - they knew their orders at this point. One guard handed Ives his record books before leaving. Ives simply set them on the floor next to the chair.

to be continued...
((sorry, gotta get ready for work. I have to send a letter to Laythe from Eshir, and have that conversation with Laythe/Hyte))
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 10, 2011, 02:59:26 pm »

¤In Thunderblade's lands¤

Kathos cursed over the letter. The hatcuri advised him to get rid of the plague as soon as possible? Gods, he hated him. The only thing keeping Kathos from chasing the ambassador from his lands was the fact that he needed him to deal with the bandits.

And anyway, the messenger he had sent to Shola had just returned, and he was already back on his way to the city, this time with dozens of crops as samples.

Send a man to Shola to meet with the herbalist, this time with samples.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 10, 2011, 03:36:29 pm »

take the job offer
Max smiles to him self and says "Yes great Archbisop, It would be an honor to do this duty for your glory."
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 10, 2011, 03:38:42 pm »

Bluff: [4-2] "You're here to prove yourself in a fight, not play with poisons. Drop it, or you won't leave here alive"

Kawakai v Avalia

Round 1:
[1v1]

The first round goes poorly, for you both. For someone that chose the weapons, Avalia doesn't seem overly comfortable with the blade. Over the course of the fight, neither of you seems to ever successfully land a hit.

Round 2:
[6v6]

Time seems to have made you more familiar with the weapon. Sadly, Avalia seems to have remembered how to use it as well. After several moments of trading swings and blocks , you both seem to have opened rather nice wounds on eachother[-1HP to both]

Kawakai HP: 2/3
Avalia HP: 2/3

Round 3:
[1v3]

Avalia seems to be tiring and you decided to take the opening for a finishing blow - it didn't go nearly as well as you had hoped. While you managed to connect, Avalia landed a deep gash into your upper arm[-1HP to Kawakai]. The blow forces you to drop your blade, and between you and it stands Avalia - "Yield"

Kawakai HP: 1/3
Avalia HP: 2/3
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 03:40:46 pm by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 10, 2011, 03:57:16 pm »

Take a step back "So you want somebody who can hack and slash with a sword? You might as well have hired a thug, if you want a show of my prowess trial me not by fighting, but through a test of ingenuity. I may not be skilled with a blade but rest assured, if you want a job done and I'm around then it'll get done. If you just want another henchman I'm finished here." Kawakai took a few steps towards the door to emphasize her intent "I've given you your little show, so you going to get to something important or not?"

Demand a second trial, testing intelligence rather than combat ability. Leave if it's not granted.
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 10, 2011, 04:11:31 pm »

Nikephoros had a long night of reading, drafts and maps followed by a short nap and a quick breakfast. A lot happened in a quite short time, as he learned from a servant who brought him the morning meal. apparently the yesterday's party was crashed by the queen who saw it fit to arrest the people in there and beat up some drunk. 'Now thats a clear hysteria' he thought. Also, some raiding in neighbouring country occured, with claims that it was Ligoria which did it. Strange, since there was no orders to do so. Whatever it was, it was clear that the queen had enemies, and that she had little talent for endearing people to herself.

It may turn out that Nikephoros' job may include more than just simply fighting against external enemies. And he was no diplomat or spy.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 10, 2011, 04:42:18 pm »

take the job offer
Max smiles to him self and says "Yes great Archbisop, It would be an honor to do this duty for your glory."
RETCON: The job the Archbishop (CG) asked you to do? Never happened. Instead, this:

"Not for my glory, but for the safety and glory of Moun. You shall be paid [2] 2 ducats per year. It is not much, but these are hard times, and the faithful have little to give. However, we shall also grant you two ducats as a hiring fee, and any sins you may commit during your employment will be forgiven by the temple of your choice."

The Archbishop's face becomes very serious for a moment.

"Any sins"

His face returns to its normal serene visage.

"Now, my son, rest. I have no tasks for you at the moment, but I shall call on you should an issue arise"

You and your men are granted access to barracks on the edge of town, and given Mounian mercenary uniforms to wear. You are politely requested to avoid causing any sort of trouble in the city, but are otherwise left to your own devices.
Perhaps you should take this opportunity to really explain to a hypothetical audience who you are, where you come from, what sort of troops you lead, and what you want.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 10, 2011, 05:12:57 pm »

The barest flicker of irritation flashes across Liira's face at Shark's words, but she keeps smiling nonetheless as she sits straight again, Samantha continuing to fidget uneasily behind her.
"He's not buying it!"
"Crotchety old bastard's just playing hard to get. Look at the rest of 'em!"

"Y'don't think so, gramps?" She chuckled for a moment, gesturing to one of her men to clear some of the emptied dishes from the table, making a space in the center. "Sam, the map."

As the strategist takes a parchment from the sheaf she's carrying and passes it over Liira's shoulder and onto the table, Liira reaches down and flicks a knife out of her boot, saying, "We've got a nice an' tidy little plan here- you boys get to do what you do best, an' there ain't much risk to your men." before sticking it into one of the cities marked on the map.

On cue, Samantha takes a step sideways, out from behind the chair. "T-This is--" she takes a moment to compose herself, straightening up and clearing her throat, taking on a serious tone- "This is Fiumefurt, a place I'm sure many of you are familiar with. A heavily-fortified city-state surrounded by rivers, Fiumefurt enjoys trade with much of the Storm Coast, with it's main exports being precious metals of various sorts.

It's wealth is vast, but jealously guarded."

"An' we're gonna sack the city in broad daylight."

Upon hearing this, she immediately becomes flustered again, shaking her hands plaintively at the boss. "I-It's not that simple!"

Ignoring her protests, Liira leans back again, waiting for a moment to gauge their reactions before continuing.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 10, 2011, 05:33:28 pm »

"An' we're gonna sack the city in broad daylight."
"...aha"

"Ahahaha"

"Ah hah hah hah hah hah! Young woman has many guts, yes! Ah hah hah hah!"

The other bandits, in shock to a man, start to chortle along with Shark. Until Shark slams his fist on the table, causing it to jump.

"Enough laughing. Little nervous woman, is friend mad? Can she take Fiumefurt? Only armies of dragon people conquer Fiumefurt before. How can bandit woman sack fortress?"

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 10, 2011, 06:31:34 pm »

Samantha gulps, and shoots a dirty look at Liira, who's taken the opportunity to stuff her face.

"Absolutely. Considering the crazy stunts she's pulled- and managed to live through- though, I have no idea what she's capable of.

I've gone over the plan a few times, however, and with the help of your men, we might just be able to pull it off. It's a multi-stage process:

First, we're not going to enter Fiumefurt as bandits; we need to be able to infiltrate the city with about half of our combined forces- a few regiments' worth, likely- without anyone being the wiser.

To that end we're going to need disguises: clothes, wagons, and other props, so that we can convincingly filter people in over a period of time as peasants, merchants, craftsmen, and the like. This will take awhile, and some of us may need to find employment to keep our cover, so we'll need to agree on signals and code-words beforehand that we can communicate with without attracting attention."

She frowns, looking over some of the other documents.

"I'm afraid that I don't actually know how many men your groups have available, though- I would appreciate it if you could give us a general idea, as I may have to adjust the later steps of our plan if we don't have enough."
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 10, 2011, 06:59:39 pm »

[3]"And once in city, how to get out? Strong walls, strong gates. Furters not let bandits walk out of city carrying chest of gold."

[4]"Bandits make four regiments. Perhaps bully peasants fight also, total five, six regiments. But no use without better plan, nervous woman."

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 10, 2011, 10:58:51 pm »

"Lettr finsh, d'maff."

"W-Well, of course not. We actually have a few options there, though: on the night prior to, or on the day of the attack, we could either sabotage the gate mechanisms with our own trappers- or a professional Engineer, if we can hire one- to prevent them from closing; we could bribe the guards on duty, or plant our own men in the Watch; or, if we get our hands on some gunpowder, we may be able to destroy one or more of them entirely.

Ideally, we would have three of the city's four main entrances compromised, but we technically only need one."

She paused for a moment to take a swig from a flask on her belt.

"Anyway, remember that only half of our forces will need to infiltrate the city; the rest of our men will remain concealed in two groups outside, on opposite sides of the city, awaiting an agreed-upon signal. Once everything's prepared and the inside group gives the signal, the outside groups will charge the gates and create a diversion- when the guards realize they can't shut them out, they'll have to pull troops from the rest of the city to the walls, and when that happens, our inside group will break cover and take the market by storm.

Once the city center's been... suitably ravaged,  and everything we can packed on the wagons, the inside group will head out the third gate, if available, or flank the guards at one of the other two. We... don't actually know what sort of military presence the city has, but we should be able to surprise and divide them enough to make a clean getaway- especially if we can poison them or eliminate key figures prior to the attack. Needless to say, there are many elements that could be added that aren't strictly necessary, but the more that fall into place, the easier the operation will go... and we only get one shot either way, so we'll have to make sure we've stacked every odd we can in our favor."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 10, 2011, 11:55:01 pm »

[4]"Is still risky. If goes wrong, many die. If goes right, still many die. But could work. Much wealth in Fiumefurt. If work, no more working. Move to mire coast, buy house. Live good life. What left of it."

"What think you, bandit men?"

[4]The other bandits appear to share his feelings. It would be extremely risky to attack the city, but the rewards would be great. Some think the rewards outweigh the risk. Others think the risk outweighs the rewards. The consensus comes down to the rewards outweighing the risks, though some are unconvinced.
Eventually they agree to gather their followers, and any other bandits they can find, to join your attack on Fiumefurt.

"Then we go now, prepare men. Unless there is other matters?"
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 220