Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231708 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast
« Reply #225 on: October 02, 2011, 07:53:23 pm »

"Protection, after all if people in the city are hostile to hatcuri, then the countrymen must also be hostile. And as for snooping around your land, well I'm just generally looking around our Queen's territory. I'm just looking for those who weren't happy about the Queen's succession...they could be plotting her downfall. Or perhaps the people have problems that are damaging the whole nation, those need to be solved.  And well, happy people are a non-revolting people."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 02, 2011, 08:01:36 pm »

"Huh...well...alright, how long are you staying? And do you need any...uh...whatever it is you eat, sent to your camp?
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 02, 2011, 08:05:28 pm »

"We won't be staying too long...Just to make sure that nothing is causing problems...And thank you for the offer, all we really need is some grain or flour...We can provide meat for ourselves."

See if any lesser nobles live on William's estates. Listen for any rumours and ask them their opinions on the Queen. Ask how the farming is going.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 02, 2011, 08:18:04 pm »

William waits until the lizardman is almost to the door before asking.
"Oh... I almost forgot...what are you using Hugo for?"

William's lands((for micelus)):
(4) Three well-to-do landowners live on William's estates.
((Look to someone else for this-un.))
(5) After seeing the the Crimson guards shadowing your every step, the peasants say that the planting is doing good and they should be done very soon.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 09:07:46 pm by filiusenox »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 02, 2011, 08:47:37 pm »

"Why, as an artist of course. What else?"

Later on...

From what he had seen, the estate was rather normal. Of course the farmers...were probably lying. Maybe.

Well there were other things to find out about.
Still listen for rumours and their opinions on the Queen, and find out exactly who these land-owners are, and their relations with the Queen. Find out who owned the estate before William. Find out if anyone's sick.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 09:12:09 pm by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 02, 2011, 09:12:17 pm »

"There is a lot of things he could be used for. Namely spying..maybe assassination. You probably aren't though...Goodbye, I'll try to get a few bags of flour sent your camp."

Requisition some bags of flour.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 09:18:22 pm by filiusenox »

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 02, 2011, 09:15:33 pm »

Pay them the ducats then look for a job
Max Yeskly smiles and says "Agreeded Thatll be fine"
He thinks to him self hes got the making of a fine group of men,
His father would be proud.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 03, 2011, 12:03:03 am »

Still listen for rumours and their opinions on the Queen, and find out exactly who these land-owners are, and their relations with the Queen. Find out who owned the estate before William. Find out if anyone's sick.

[4] The rumors about the Queen really aren't so much rumors as fact. The people all respect and fear their Queen. Despite her age, she has so managed to rule her kingdom well. The people have no complaints about her as a leader, but as a person? The people fear her methods of securing her place. With her entire family line deceased she is obviously the unopposed lady of the lands. Their fears also lie in the fact that without any true successor, should something happen to her, the lands would devolve into extraordinary chaos over the power struggle that would surely ensue by the nobles. [3] The people seem only to know that a peculiar woman and a rather determined man have been granted lands by the queen lately. They seem fuzzy about names, but could give general directions to the limits of the land they each possess if needed. [2] As far as most people are concerned or aware, no one held the estate before William in any recent enough amount of time of remembrance. [3] No one seems sick in any unusual fashion. Simple illnesses and matters of 'consumption' seem to be about average. No plagues or epidemics of any sort though.

Pay them the ducats then look for a job

Done, also counts as the 'personal guard' recruitment for the year
[2] There doesn't seem to be a lot of call for mercenaries in a religious center

Continue to recruit and get donations.

[X] You don't find anyone else to recruit due to the lack of influence you have currently. Besides, no one seems to know what you're yammering on about anyway.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 12:29:28 am by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 03, 2011, 12:54:10 am »

Send ship to Aching buy 1 unit of Pigs (-1 move, 2 remaining)
Sell Pigs in Ligoria, Buy grain (-1 move, 1 remaining)
Sell grain in Vasir (-1 move, 0 remaining)

While in Vasir, have a runner head to the castle, leave a letter for the Queen
Spoiler: Letter to the Queen (click to show/hide)
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 03, 2011, 02:10:35 am »

The estate was actually rather perfect...No real problems and no traitors...Well all that was left to do was take census. Retcyl called his scribe to his tent.

"Yes, ambassador?"

"Ah, Baroktycl...What did you do back home?"

"Um...my lor-ambassador, I just wrote down messages and records for my lord."

"This included census work, yes?"

"Yes ambassador, every 5 years."

"Well today, your going to do the same here. Go out and find out how many people live here, the property they own, their wealth, relatives, jobs, and income."

"Amb..bbasador, that would take years to accomplish, and I would not think that we have the time to stay here for so long."

"Yes...then  limit it to the estate and to families rather than individuals then, yes?"

"Yes...ambassador..."

"Good, your dismissed."

After the scribe has left, Retcyl got up and decided to send a message to Kawakai...To tell her if she could make up blueprints for a mill. He got his pen from the compartment in his sleeve, and took out some paper from his bag. He went to his table and began writing.
Send the scribe and any of his associates to conduct a census of the estate. Send a message to Kawakai telling her if she could create blueprints for a mill.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 03, 2011, 04:59:38 am »

Thrice be damned, those bastards...anyway men  you know the deal, we don't get enough money, so plunder the hell out of the countryside

join the Army and loot at every possibility that won't get me into trouble with Goum's commanders

Spoiler:  Holdings (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 05:02:33 am by Ghazkull »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 03, 2011, 05:17:19 am »

Send ship to Aching buy 1 unit of Pigs (-1 move, 2 remaining)  -1 Increment
Sell Pigs in Ligoria, Buy grain (-1 move, 1 remaining)  +1, +1
Sell grain in Vasir (-1 move, 0 remaining)-1
[2] Your traders manage to buy a lot of pigs quite cheaply, around a ducat less than base price. -5 Ducats.

[5][5] The pigs are bought quickly and at a slightly inflated rate, netting you about 6.4 ducats for that deal. The grain you buy afterwards is however bought at a premium.

[1] You are however forced to sell the grain at a much cheaper price, at around base to be precise.

All in all, you did make around one ducat in profit this season.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 03, 2011, 07:26:56 am »

Buy supplies and furniture and start revamping the warehouse into a restaurant to feed the peoples.

Koran thought that surely these stupid dumb ignorant about the importance about worshiping Lichen to get good food, so we must feed Awesome food to the masses to edumacate them about Lichen.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 03, 2011, 09:12:58 am »

The card game was still going on when Etiac led the soldier in, though the three merchant guards had obviously had much more to drink than before. Idiots. When you were playing, you needed a clear head. He wished he could sit down with them, but knew he had to deal with the soldier first. He led the man to a quiet table in the corner, calling over a barmaid to get them some beer. The stuff was never very good, but atleast it was cheap and plentiful.

'So,' he started, after they'd sat down. 'as I said, I'm looking for work. I have many unique talents I'm sure a man in your position could find an use for. As you saw, I'm quick on my feet and quite handy with a blade.'

The latter claim was a bit of an exaggaration, but he'd swung his uncle's sword once or twice.

'Even better, I can keep my mouth shut when need be. I'm deaf, blind and mute, plus terminally stupid, so you don't need to worry about me spreading the details of whatever plans you have.' he continued. 'And if you insist on calling me a thief, I admit I did have a slight flair towards that sort of thing in the past. I'm a completely honest man now, of course.'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 03, 2011, 11:32:48 am »

It is now Summer

Spring has ended; a new season is here. The date, then, is Summer of 415a.

Things that happened this spring:
-The Queen dished out land to new nobles, presumably to replace her slaughtered relatives.
-A Weylander got a grudge against Queen Laythe, and has joined Galam to the north in hopes of getting revenge.
-A party of Hacturi arrived in Talama, received an inn, had the inn torn down by an incompetent architect, and have now gone wandering through the countryside
-Several mercenaries came seeking work in the region.
-The SCTG is said to have a charismatic new leader who intends to restore its former glory
-Some people had conversations, made new friends, allies, or enemies.
-A two headed fish turned out to be a hoax. The man responsible was strung from an oak tree. No one knows why this is newsworthy.
-Maybe some other stuff? I dunno.

Previous Season (start of the game), Next Season (Autumn 415a)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 07:00:11 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 220