Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231874 times)

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast
« Reply #135 on: September 30, 2011, 08:25:25 pm »

Travel to the Southern City State( the yellow one...) and ask around for contestors to the Queen of Ligoria and maybe a mercenary employment in that City State

RETCON from OOC thread: Pink to the north!

((Retcon, *cough*))Travel from Ligoria to Galam (Pink City state)

Galam is a heavily paranoid state. They spend little time harrassing their neighbors and spend more time just annoying the tourists and traders. Taxes are heavy but they sell marques to ignore taxes like they were going out of style. The state makes more money circumventing their own laws than they do enforcing them.

The military might of Galam is dumped ritualistically into defensive might and research. No one has made a successful attempt to seize control of Galam in 300 years. That attempt ended with the current leadership taking power. Galam is run by the military commanders. The greatest General of the generation 'retires' to leadership.

Current leadership is former Knight Commander Eshir 'Paladin' Romak. Commander 'Paladin' earned his title from the stoic manner in which he defended the contract he was sent to die in by his former superiors. His survival earned the respect of those above him, his victory earned that of those below him. Respect, however, doesn't buy much in Galam. His rise to leadership was followed by several missions and mishaps that left him with a fresh cabinet of Generals.

The city itself does still attempt to trade with their neighbors. Basic goods, nothing that can be used against them. They maintain a contraband policy against arms and slaves. The region is full of various livestock. They seem to have access to a source of iron, yet no one knows from where.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 30, 2011, 08:26:19 pm »

((I'm assuming Dwarmin exited since Tari said that he wasn't allowed to stay inside.))

Eventually, the queen's latest visitor exited the throne room. A woman this time...He should speak to her some time.

Retcyl entered the throne room and kneeled for a moment and stood up.

"Lady-queen, I see that you are doing well? You have heard about the inn collapse, yes? Well I have no resources to pay for the cost of the construction...I'm asking if you could give me permission to aid this kingdom...In any way possible. Do you have anything requiring aid?"
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 30, 2011, 08:33:21 pm »

"I'm not an moron, William, I really must protest you telling this charlatan the pas-" the Herald went quiet and looked down at his hand on the table. A knife blade quivered in the woodwork.
"Go get a beer. Me and my men are watching you, Harold...remember Vasir..."
"You wouldn't dare..."
A smile from William.
"Wanna try me?"
Harold stood up and went to the bar and William in Proper whispered.
"Where's somewhere quiet?
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 30, 2011, 08:34:52 pm »

"I applaud your offer, but at this time I see nothing that requires aid, nor do I have the funds in order to help you. However, I do grant you permission to help the kingdom out if there is anything that requires attention. However, you'll be under scrutiny for every moment from now on, as I'd rather get news about your successes as quickly as possible. Now, unless you had anything else on your agenda, you may leave."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 30, 2011, 08:50:06 pm »

"Where's somewhere quiet?
"Hmm. I'm renting a room upstairs, although if you fear for prying ears, I wouldn't trust these walls for a second. If its a more secure place to talk that you seek, I know just the place- there's a whorehouse a few doors down. The walls are thick stone, so thick you can't hear what's going on in the room next door- more than thick enough to mask a quiet conversation. I've spent a few nights there, so I know that the madam is an... understanding woman. Her lips are sealed. At least, they are when it comes to secrets."
Long Live United Forenia!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 30, 2011, 08:56:18 pm »

William stands and gestures in front of him with his hands.
"Lead on."
He makes eye contact with his guards.
"Stay here and save my seat, one drink apeice and make sure Harold doesn't misbehave."
They nod with relief and sit down, putting a small mechanical crossbow each right next them on the seat.
William pulls his knife out of the woodwork and slides it back down his boot, careful not to touch the heel of it.

In Thunderblades land:
(3) The mayor of the village is moderately busy with the planting, but decides to meet with you.
When you arrive in the cottage that is his office. It isn't opulent or grand and is incredibly plain and well-repaired. The desk is free of unstacked papers and looks to be solid wood. A single sword hangs above a fireplace.
"Well whadda want?"
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 09:02:38 pm by filiusenox »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 30, 2011, 09:08:30 pm »

Hugo grabs his stuff and heads for the door. As promised, a few doors down is an unassuming building, the unassuming nature being entirely ruined by the half-dozen scantily-clad girls hanging by the entrance. Hugo heads in, nodding to a few of the girls, who give him a smile, as well as an approving nod towards his companion. Inside, he speaks softly with the madam for a few moments, hands her a few silver coins, and receives a key.
The room is, naturally, sparse. A large bed, and a portrait of a nude, are all that adorn it. But the walls are thick and the door is heavy, and after locking it, Hugo turns to William and speaks:
"So. No prying ears here. Now what was it that you felt like telling me? Oh, and would you mind terribly if I finish my sketch? Just for myself- no one else shall see it."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 30, 2011, 09:21:33 pm »

"Well my liege, I plan to aid the kingdom at large, so I plan to leave this city and go into the countryside. But yes, I should be going. May you have a good day my queen."

...Well seems the queen didn't have much planned...Which said a lot really. Best to prepare the men then...And get the mechanic ready...Hoepfully she has been able to seel a few of the ampheni.
Send out subordinates and just listen for rumours and events of places beyond the city. Post them at the docks, markets ,and inns where foreignors usually stay.

((Can't really leave till ashton is alerted).)
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 30, 2011, 09:23:24 pm »

William shrugs nonchalantly and kneels down and removes a knife from his boot. With a small frown and look of regret he reaches up and stabs into the eyes of the nude. The blade clangs against stone and William puts the knife in his boot with a grin.
"Well, technically i didn't want to tell you anything. But I have a feeling you would annoy me unless I did so..." William whispers in Proper stretching his back."The reason for all the secrecy is that most of my family want me dead and have a long reach of power and I don't want it to be too easy for those scum. Except for my Grandad, who's alive, and my father, who ate a sirloin steak filled with glass and died." William concedes shrugging, carefully avoiding all mention of Harold or his soldiers.
"Why do you want a sketch of me anyway?"

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 30, 2011, 09:25:46 pm »

Kathos was glad to see this man was direct, not the kind of man who would waste his time, but he also looked terribly... Poor.

"Since we both have other matters to deal with, I'll get right to my point. I've come to talk about buisness. As you know, I am now the lord of these lands. Although these lands have plenty of farms and even a few vineyards, the level of industry is terribly low. I want to change that."

He stopped for a few seconds, looking at the mayor, and then continued.

"Eventually, I might try to create a lesser port in these lands, or atleast in lands nearby. The creation of this port would lead to the expansion of most villages in the surrounding lands, this one more than all of the others. However, before I can start to work on that project, I'll need to have something to trade. That's why I will soon build vineyards and wineries in these parcels, owned by me. Sadly, this project will cost... Quite the sum of money, and I have other matters to work on."

Once again, he stopped, looking for a reaction.

"That's why I am here. I would like to know about the money your village has, and if you will accept to give some to me - only one or two ducats, that's all I'll need. I think you should view it as an... Investment. This wine will be sold to the merchants of this village, who will start gaining more money, and pay more taxes. Eventually, you will have your money back."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 30, 2011, 09:32:23 pm »

"Well my liege, I plan to aid the kingdom at large, so I plan to leave this city and go into the countryside. But yes, I should be going. May you have a good day my queen."

...Well seems the queen didn't have much planned...Which said a lot really. Best to prepare the men then...And get the mechanic ready...Hoepfully she has been able to seel a few of the ampheni.
Send out subordinates and just listen for rumours and events of places beyond the city. Post them at the docks, markets ,and inns where foreignors usually stay.

((Can't really leave till ashton is alerted).)

Tala watched the Hatcuri leave the throne room fairly quickly-perhaps the Queen had snubbed him. He seemed a busy man...maybe he felt like a chat?

She walked up to him and introduced herself.

"I hope your meeting with the Queen went well.

...Anyway, Good morning to you Sir...I am, Tala Alanis-honored to meet you.

Who might you be, if I can enquire?"

She put on her best flattering smile.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 30, 2011, 09:33:37 pm »

"Oh... family troubles. Hmm, can't say I know what that's like. But my friend, you are going to attract more attention in the nobility around here putting on a mysterious front then you are if you just blend in. How many exiled mirish noblemen do you think there are in this city?
As for the sketch, come now. Have you looked in the mirror recently? You are drop dead gorgeous, and I don't want to forget a face like that in a hurry. Its a shame I can't use you in a painting, but I respect your right to be crazy paranoid."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 30, 2011, 09:47:30 pm »

"Three, counting myself. So I'm supposing your right, I'm far enough away from Lonemine and the fake name is always a boon. And here I was thinking that being mysterious attracted people " William smiles at Hugo and sits on the bed, the next words carried a touch of pride.
"I always thought I was too pointy looking to be handsome. Anyway, whats your name painter? And how'd you fall in with the Hatcurs?"

In Thunderblades land:
(4) The man snorts when you flaunt your credentials but listens to the rest of your statement.
"Boy, I've seen lords come and go 'round here. This land is in our blood, we farmed here before Talama was founded and descendants will do so after Talama collapses...But people like money around here, hell everyone does. But I'm afraid that we can't pay any more taxes without problems or I would give you the money... People around here are poor but prideful...but I'm sure that we could start farming grapes next year as well as give you the standered tax from the grain of two ducats..."
He walks over to the window and looks out.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 30, 2011, 10:00:58 pm »

"I'm Retcyl Jementeten, leader of the Hatcuri Expedition. And well, things are going well enough, my...lady."
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 30, 2011, 10:09:16 pm »

Hugo sits down next to William.
"Van Vissersdorp. Hugo van Vissersdorp.
I'm an artist in my soul, and I live to make the world beautiful. The Hacturi received this inn to stay in from the queen, a delightful place in a wonderful location, but an absolute mess. I insisted on helping them to restore it to its former glory."
Hugo pauses.
"Then the whole place collapsed after I tapped a supporting beam."-he laughs briefly-"Now I'm helping them rebuild it. And when its done? Well, exotic people like the Hacturi, I'd like to study them. Learn their mannerisms, perhaps a bit about their art. Did you notice how hard they try to appear human, and blend in? I want to know what they are really like, but for that, I need their trust. And if I can earn this trust whilst creating beautiful artwork- and meeting handsome young men- so much the better, eh?"

"Now tell me something else, 'Sir William Vadud of the Black Rose Chapter'- that herald really is a moron, by the way- how stands your personal life? Is there some lady who might take offence at my flattery?"

((Anyway, sleeep. I'll leave the conclusion of this... occasion up to you; William can leave now (Hugo would take no offence; not everyone is that way inclined, or indeed inclined towards random one night stands), or he can leave in an hour or two, leaving a very satisfied Hugo behind.))
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 220