Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231951 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Autumn 415a)
« Reply #645 on: October 20, 2011, 12:18:29 pm »

"I'll need a silver knife. Are these real silver? Please don't lie Madami."
He picked up a knife from the table.  His men take a few torches from strategic places in the wall, putting a few of them out and strapping the spares to the belt. Each of his three soldiers had a torch plus a few unlit spares.
Never monsterslayed before.
If yes he pockets it and then the rest of this post happens. If no he puts it back.Then he unlocks the door and heads in. He looks for the creature. He stands behind his most loyal solider after they pass through the door. The other two follow him with torches in hand.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: October 20, 2011, 12:20:53 pm »

"Both excellent ideas. Though I would gladly pay for the teaching costs for both the university and the spies. The library is within the palace though, this means the campus cannot fit here, unless it wasn't going to be large at any rate, so in that case I'll approve of the usage of it as a foundation. Most of the books are intact, just the ones relating to my hereditry and such were burnt, and I've sent one of the military units searching for the culprit due to a lack of a spy network here."

Laythe took a breath, then continued.

"In any case, I think those are finalized. Any other ideas?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: October 20, 2011, 12:32:49 pm »

"The barracks outside the city are completed and I decided to deploy most of the troops there, as to get them used to the field conditions. They will be moved back into the citadel as soon as the winter start, so there is no worry that men will be subject to adverse conditions. Espionage is not my specialty, but I would like to have access to information and spies for military use.

I would also like to advance a point about expansion of the kingdom. The attitudes of neighbouring countires should be checked first, but I assume that there are some old documents that might prove Ligoria's "claim" to the land currently free of any authority. Once this land is seized, proceeds should be used to fund the bolstering of the military. more line infantry and cavalry is needed if Ligoria is to fight pitched battles."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: October 20, 2011, 12:40:49 pm »

"I would prefer the troops staying inside as a garrison foce general. Lumping them in with potental traitors means it the enemy could swiftly strike and take out a signifigant portion of our forces. As for informatio from the spy network, I will allow you access to all relevant information.

Agreed. I'll send envoys to the nations outside of the storm coast region. As for old documents, I have a few but you'll realize that I'm not going to let anyone see them for the time being due to the destruction of several copies. However if you come across any relevant information in the surviving material you are free to use those to press the issue. Don't press them too hard or they'll yelp for help and that would be the end of us. As for military expansion, we'll need a navy first, then we can focus on expanding our land army."

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: October 20, 2011, 12:44:15 pm »

"Oh it doesn't need to be immense. A few rooms of a decent size - let's say 10 students plus me would be the perfect capacity, an office for me, and a few available bookcases in the Library to store new manuals. The biggest problem I will have will in fact be finding good teachers, but I'm sure the general can introduce me to a decent sword master, and after that we'll only lack an engineer. Mr. Vandire, just point the place you want to conquer on the map, I'llmake sure there is strong historic evidence of Ligoria's ownership." He winked at Nikephoros.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: October 20, 2011, 12:49:36 pm »

"Alright then. Tell me what you need and I can provide it. I can see about getting a few teachers as well, as I know a few people that can send them. And I'd advise starting a war for conquest within the storm coast, seeing how everyone has a claim on everyone else..."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: October 20, 2011, 12:54:29 pm »

"As you wish My Queen."

Nikephoros then spoke in the direction of Avitus.
"As for any ownership claims, I assume that the counties just outside the border can be succesfully persuaded with documents and sufficent troops. They are too close to our border to deny us and to expect any viable help. I am thinking that a diplomatic route is a more sensible though, no need to agitate other states. The diplomatic action can be taken now, while the movement of soldiers should be postponed until spring."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: October 20, 2011, 12:59:22 pm »

If yes he pockets it and then the rest of this post happens. If no he puts it back.Then he unlocks the door and heads in. He looks for the creature. He stands behind his most loyal solider after they pass through the door. The other two follow him with torches in hand.
The knives are not silver.

You unlock the door and head down the winding staircase. The air grows cold and stale, the shadows oppressive.

Eventually you reach the dungeons. A few empty cells face the stairs. One is filled with racks of wine. [3] You think you see a flicker in the shadows- it could be something moving around. Your men draw close to you, and you yourself cannot help but eye the shadows suspiciously.

The dungeons continue- a dark passage leads away from the stairs, lined with cells. [6] Your men light some torches, and it brightens up considerably- nothing to see here. Or was there something to see, something which fled the light. One of your men suggests this half-jokingly. It doesn't sound so funny as you continue deeper into the dungeons.

The cells end, and you pass through an archway into a catacomb. A dozen alcoves line the walls, each containing a statue and a coffin. The furthest one is quite new, the statue unblemished and the stone untouched. [6] Again, after lighting the torches, the place is about as scary as a child's bedroom. But the bright light only enhances the darkness ahead.

The broken wall stands is ahead of you. The remnants of stone bricks have not been swept away yet; whoever broke this wall, they did not deign to come back long enough to clean up. Beyond this point the monster dwells, if the wife is to be believed. Released when expanding the catacomb. Despite the brightness of the room, the remnants of the wall block the light just so- you cannot see what lies beyond.
Your men seem slightly afraid.
Long Live United Forenia!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: October 20, 2011, 01:02:04 pm »

"You boys have any brandy on yah?"

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: October 20, 2011, 01:09:04 pm »

((I dunno. Do they? You can control your own soldiers, methinks))

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: October 20, 2011, 01:16:59 pm »

((Thats why I wanted a roll.))
A single bottle was produced from Jan's pack, who handed it over to William. Who took a sip and passed it along. Each man had a good drink. William stuffed a rag into the half empty bottle, lit it using a nearby torch, and threw it into the cave.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 01:39:46 pm by filiusenox »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: October 20, 2011, 01:49:24 pm »

Ooh. Poor choice.

The flickering flame briefly illuminates- something. Teeth. Scales? Then the bottle hits rock, and shatters. The explosion half blinds you, and casts the shadow of the thing over you. Claws, teeth, bones- A terrifying visage. [6] But your men, rather than running, charge forwards bravely, and hack at the creature with all their might.

When the spots in your eyes clear, and the light settles back down, all that you can see is a skeleton, embedded in the rock.

Either your men are very efficient killing machines, or this thing died a while back.

This thing being... a dragon? Certainly it has a huge skull, with sharp teeth, and it appears to be five meters long, head to tail. Its spine has spikes on it. It has a tail. No wings, though. [3] Depending on how much you know about skeletons, you might identify this as a reptile. From the looks of things, it died lying down, head facing forwards. Presumably it was covered in rock until someone dug out this dungeon, hundreds of years ago, and found it. They chipped away at the rock surrounding it, revealing its basic form and a few of its bones, though they broke a few in the process, and didn't remove the rock from within.

((Yes. That just happened. You did a dungeon crawl hunting a fossilised dinosaur-like creature. Ha-ha!))

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: October 20, 2011, 02:15:21 pm »

"Uh...go get those people...and bring them down here."
William looked bored. He then told John exactly what to say.

John headed up past the crypt, pass the jail rooms, and pass the winery, and opened the door at the top of the landing.
"Hey. Uh...My lord William would like for you to identify the corpse of the monster."

William, meanwhile took a hammer he found laying around and curshed a bit of the Dragon thingy's skull. Not enough to damage it, but enough to make it look like he bashed the things head in.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 02:23:13 pm by filiusenox »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: October 20, 2011, 02:28:16 pm »

[6] The Baron is waiting, speaking with his wife. He has calmed down, completely- and follows John without a word.

"So, you couldn't leave it alone. Well, here it is. The monster in the dungeon. What, you think I didn't realise it was dead? My wife may be in hysterics, but I am a rational man. This thing is still trouble. And now that you know, well, my life is over."

He shrugs.

"So, which church do you work for? Which God have I insulted by unearthing this demon?"

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: October 20, 2011, 02:33:30 pm »

Your decision Commander, either you appease that arsliker from Shola and lose some guards,maybe your life and a whole Bunch of Regiments due to my berserking men or instead you take the choice of less bloodshed, whatever that may be...both are fine for me, i have made my peace with my gods, have you Commander Eshir?

Ives decided to speak this time, "Your funds mean little to anyone in this room. Murdering and pillaging farmers and alchemists pays well and with little risk. It's also the work of a coward, in addition to hiding in the guise of another nation. None of that is truly important here."

He stands, revealing a small crossbow, and turns the chair he sat in to reveal the hollowed out hole in the backing, "Sad child, if we wanted you dead already why would we have let you in this office? You passed no less than two full regiments of Citadel Guards, alone, on your way here. As stated before, your only threat to them is leadership." Setting the crossbow down on the desk, he tosses a small vial to you, "Now you might want to drink that before you pant your skull into the floor. You've proven worth keeping alive..."

[5] You can't entirely place when or how, but due to the slowly increasing difficulty in standing still over the last few minutes, you believe something is out of place.

"Men? Close enough. I doubt Hatcuri are considered men after all...But yes, we are who you look for."

The child looks at you and smiles politely, "True enough." He reaches into his coat and pulls out several sheets of parchment, then pulls up a chair. "My employer would like to know what it is that you wanted from this meeting. I have been given the liberty of acting in their interest"
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 02:38:51 pm by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 220