Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231943 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Autumn 415a)
« Reply #630 on: October 20, 2011, 07:37:25 am »

"So is there anything I can assist you with?" William took a sip of the wine. The tone carried a bit of flirting.
The forty-something happily married noble seems confused by your offer.

"Ah, no, no, thank you! We have our little problems, but nothing serious- nothing that cityfolk need to worry about, ah ha ha."

[6] The man is clearly lying, and he realises it. His face falls as he realises the deception has failed. He turns to his food to distract himself, gorging on a piece of duck.
Long Live United Forenia!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: October 20, 2011, 10:20:03 am »

"Technically, I'm a Knight, Masteri. I'm supposed to quest. Its in the job description. Anything I can do for you to repay you for your hospitality is fine by me. But it's your land, and if you wish for me not to interfere, that is also fine by me."
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: October 20, 2011, 10:36:46 am »

"I... I... no, no! We neither want nor need your help, Knight!"

He storms off, leaving the other guests looking surprised.

The feast quickly dies down. The other guests leave and the servants start to clear the table. Some people are muttering about the baron's behaviour.

[5] The baron's wife approaches you, and explains:

"You must forgive my husband. He has a lot to deal with at the moment, and he feels he must do it alone... which perhaps he must"

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: October 20, 2011, 10:43:33 am »

"I was merely wishing to repay your barony for the great hospitality you have shown me. And I understand...all great people are self reliant. But what is wrong? Your lands look beautiful, peaceful and wealthy."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: October 20, 2011, 10:51:16 am »

A day after the incident in the library...

"WHAT?! I WANT THAT BASTARD FOUND!"

Laythe was furious that someone no only managed to infiltrate the library, but burn a small portion of it down. Laythe had a very hard time calming down from such an incident.

"Well, good thing that the most important ones had copies in the vaults. The rest is insignifigant. Send the hounds into the city to find the perpetrator, I want the rest of the military putting the palace into a lockdown."

Laythe's rage seemed to fire up again.

"And about three days before my birthday too. I will not tolerate this. Next incident means a lot of people are going to lose their titles..."

Impose a lockdown of the palace. Nobody but the military enters or leaves. Send the hounds (Heavy/scout regiment) to start investigations for the culprit alongside the Talama guard.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: October 20, 2011, 11:02:41 am »

"I was merely wishing to repay your barony for the great hospitality you have shown me. And I understand...all great people are self reliant. But what is wrong? Your lands look beautiful, peaceful and wealthy."
"Oh, I really shouldn't say. It... it is the thing underground. I don't know what it is, but it can't be good. But please don't worry. I'm sure my husband will be able to work things out eventually. I'm sure its not a big problem. As he said, nothing... nothing for cityfolk to worry over."

As she speaks, her eyes keep darting towards the door to the dungeons.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: October 20, 2011, 11:12:21 am »

"Please tell me, Madami. I really want to help in any way I can."
There was no feigned sweetness in his voice now.

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: October 20, 2011, 11:13:26 am »

Avitus finally arrived for his meeting with Laythe and General Vandire. "Pardon my lateness, as you may already know, there has been a fire in your Library your highness. I wa there helping save what could be. I heard you ordering to capture the perpetrator. May I request, if he ever get caught, that he'd be held captive until I can use him in a dissection class once I get my first batch of students? That request put aside, let's talk about politics, shall we? turning towards Nikephoros You must be our new general. It's a pleasure."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: October 20, 2011, 11:22:06 am »

((OOC: I was planning this meeting to be before the library incident. Oh well :P 'Tis no matter))

"Eh, we've a few more of the bastards for you to dissect, I'd prefer the culprit left on the pike we'll mount him on. At any rate, Vandire has put a few actions that has curbed the noble's influence here. I'd like to do more. Though first things first, how much funding did you need for your university?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: October 20, 2011, 11:23:10 am »

"Please tell me, Madami. I really want to help in any way I can."
There was no feigned sweetness in his voice now.
[5] The woman cracks.

"There is a demon in the dungeons. Or a dragon. Or something else, I don't know, I don't know! We broke through a wall and there it was, staring at us! Its terrifying! What do we do? If we tell people, what will they think? Is this a curse from god? Oh, Sun, protect me from the darkness below and the false light of the moon, guard me from sin, chart my course to righteousness!"

She grabs your arm. She is hysterical.

"You can get rid of it? You are an angel, sent by god, to smite the evil! Please, here, take the key, kill it, get rid of it!"

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: October 20, 2011, 11:44:07 am »

William stands up, draws the crimson blade and grabs a spare shield from his guards. The guards also draw their blades as they eye the door and slide their helmets on.
"What does this thing look like? Can it breath fire? And how big is it?"
His voice has changed from being nice and calm to dark and foreboding. There is no panic in his voice, no mercy or regret as he puts on his helmet. He never took off his studded leather armor, or the chainmail underneath.

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: October 20, 2011, 11:46:09 am »

((OOC: I know, I just wasn't really comfortable with the time distortion, and it was the perfect excuse for posting late))

The old man smiled. "I have given it a thought, and I've come up with a few ways I can help fund this project. First, I'll make the students - or their families - pay a yearly fee of .5 to one ducat. And for the campus, maybe that crumbled library of yours - damn the fool who dared burn books - could provide a strong base to erect a new building dedicated to science, knowledge and education! With those two things, I doubt you will have a lot to pay for from your treasure. Now how can I assist you with that issues you have with the nobility? People who, I remind you, are your vassals."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: October 20, 2011, 12:03:25 pm »

"What does this thing look like? Can it breath fire? And how big is it?"
"I don't know. I only saw it once, and it was dark. I saw teeth- huge teeth, in the shadows beyond the broken wall- that's all I can remember. My husband has seen it up close, but he won't tell me what it looks like."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: October 20, 2011, 12:06:11 pm »

"Great. I love books myself, although I prefere to stick to martial literature. Nonetheless My Queen, I must inform you that army is ready for whatever action you wish to carry out. I also wanted to raise a point about creation of secret service that would take care of any spies and would gather intelligence for the army. So far we had too many incidents that involved someone sneaking into the palace or public buildings. This situation cannot stand."

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: October 20, 2011, 12:13:44 pm »

"I approuve this. Espionage is the key to a successful diplomacy. And won wars, if we ever must come to such ends. We could be able to recruit a few spies in this city. Mr. Vandire and I could train them."
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 220