Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231956 times)

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Autumn 415a)
« Reply #600 on: October 19, 2011, 03:18:48 pm »

Well, lets see you are short of a commander and i am a mercenary captain. You are a Military State and i could provide you with Weylandish Mercenaries. And i know that you are planning something. I mean come on, a peaceful militaristic state? The whole thing seems too awfully convenient.

Eshir looks at you confused, "Planning something? Why would we need to plan something? Nations war, bandits roam and some people are just paranoid. Our services are always required by someone. What saddens me is that despite our extensive training - you still managed to get two entire regiments of my men killed attacking a virtually defenseless state. So why would I want to employ you as a commander of my kitchen staff?"

You hear Ives chuckle from his seat, which prompts Dala to step forward. He looks to Eshir, who nods, and begins speaking "The people you attacked, were mine. The uniforms were a nice touch, except the former commander had no idea the folly in using Ligoria"

Dala rubbed his eyes, "Sir, I really don't know what to do with this man. My Lord would likely simply have him killed, and in that regard I have little to say against that. I am, however, here to act in the best interests of my Lord. Wholesale liquidation isn't -always- the best answer.."

"True, true...I suppose I'll need to keep you around until I can find a suitable purpose for you."

Eshir motions for the Guards

"Yes, my lady," answered Oli'c. "My men and I are traveling monks, very much entranced by the works of nature. We seek work, or a place to ply our craft for our own benefit."

She appears nice, but I cannot tell, thought Oli'c. The air smells good in here, almost as back home, only with richer incenses. In the old days, this could have been me. Suulians!

"I see you have a wide variety of products in here," he said. "Where do you get them from?"

Talk to her, telling her we are men of nature, and then ask for work. After than, ask about where she gets he equipment from.

"Everywhere, to be honest," She smiles. "Traders and merchants, monks and mercenaries...they all come and go from Sholia from time to time. Sometimes they bring things from their homelands. I have things here from places I didn't know existed, and still don't know where they are."

She looks around the room contemplative, "Some of these things should never be removed from their homes...they grow wild outside their native habitat"
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 03:39:49 pm by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: October 19, 2011, 04:00:41 pm »

Wilheim gracefully guides Tala to the scout regiment's barracks, upon entering you see several men and women sleeping in their individual bunks. Still some more moving around with such silence that should not be possible with their armour.

"What you see here is about half the regiment, the other half is either on duty or training. Now, the queen doesn't want me to let you get too dirty before she has you organize something for her birthday. After that, hell begins."

Wilheim thinks for a moment.

"Get some sleep, I'm going to assign you a late night shift for now. We have an empty bunk at the end of the room, unclaimed."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: October 19, 2011, 04:15:37 pm »

Max Yeskly nods solemnly. He then leaves and rallies his men he continues to The Holy Church of the Eastern Shrine to Arrest the leaders
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: October 19, 2011, 04:32:23 pm »

Max Yeskly nods solemnly. He then leaves and rallies his men he continues to The Holy Church of the Eastern Shrine to Arrest the leaders
The Holy Church of the Eastern Shrine's headquarters is a large and imposing building. It is made of large blocks of stone, unadorned except for a few carved symols, and set at an odd angle to the street, presumably to face east. You don't know much about the church, but judging from the size and location, they are of quite some importance. The doors to the church are sealed, and it takes some time before your knocking is answered. A trio of priests, covered in head-to-toe robes, open the door slightly and step outside before the doors are closed again from within.

"What's going on?" demands the one in the center. "Why have you brought arms to our house of peace? Don't tell me you've come to arrest us? Is this how the Archbishop handles his past, now?
Long Live United Forenia!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: October 19, 2011, 04:36:19 pm »

Corvinus eyes the guards warily and grabs for his axe.

don't even think about it...Sir. You ask why you would want to employ me? Simple. We lost 2 Regiments that be true aye. But with the loot obtained i can raise 4 new Regiments of the same quality or even better get men from Weyland. So you ask me what to do with me? I can provide you with 5 Regiments of capable Raiders in...2 or 3 seasons depending whether you want to import the men from the Weyland. And don't even think about imprisoning me and taking back the money. My Regiment is at this very moment at the docks, with 8,4 ducats worth of loot. Inclusive 2 more Weylandish Regiments. During the next minutes they will sent the money away with the ships and the 2 Regiments will join my army, while those ships drive home to get fresh raiders. And believe me to bring down 3 Regiments of my Raiders you will have losses of at least 2 Regiments if not the double or even more. Trust me Lord Commander Eshir im not worth the hassle.

a broad grin has snuck upon Corvinus face, yet he drew the axe anyway, waiting for the guards.

Your decision Commander, either you appease that arsliker from Shola and lose some guards,maybe your life and a whole Bunch of Regiments due to my berserking men or instead you take the choice of less bloodshed, whatever that may be...both are fine for me, i have made my peace with my gods, have you Commander Eshir?

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: October 19, 2011, 04:48:08 pm »

Upon returning to his quarters after a short but instructive walk around the city led by Tala, Avitus was pleased to find a note from his bodyguard containing the names and plausible locations of the two diplomats - one Hacturi ("Interesting, indeed... I will have a lot to discuss with that lizard"), and another from Shola - the new commander of the Queen's forces, and three new and influential nobles, including - much to his surprise - the young Alanis. He decided it was time to meet his new Queen and discuss her policy. After this he might meet Nikephoros.

Ask for an interview with the Queen, if she isn't available, go speak to Nikephoros.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: October 19, 2011, 04:56:52 pm »

Upon hearing that Avitus wanted to discuss policy, Laythe summoned both Nikepheros and Hyte to the throne room to attend this discussion.

Summon Nikepheros and Hyte for an audience alongside Avitus.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: October 19, 2011, 05:03:09 pm »

Despite his desire to lay quiet in a tavern for a while and get a taste of the situation, the high policy matters took precedence. A royal messenger caught nikephoros on his way to the inn, summoning him to the palace for a council meeting. apparently the queen employed more ministers and advisors now. well then, these guys will bhave to be observed carefully then, Nikephoros thought.

Arriving quickly to the palace, Nikephoros headed straight to the throne room.

You wanted to see me, My Queen?"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: October 19, 2011, 05:10:04 pm »

"Yes, though the others haven't arrived yet. Keep the guard on alert though, I have a feeling I'm going to be getting a lot of unwanted attention this season..."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: October 19, 2011, 06:08:33 pm »

'Tala' hit the bunk at the end of the room and was able to fall asleep instantly, the soldiers art. You sleep whenever you can.

She dreamed of a field of dead roses.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: October 19, 2011, 06:15:16 pm »

Quote from: Note From William's Encampment sent to the Queen.
My lord, Sir William, wishes to inform your highness, the great and mighty Laythe Of Talama, High Lord of Talama, Queen of Ligoria, that he will be hunting in the more northern lands next month. He wishes to know if this is acceptable to you, and if there is anything that needs to be done before he leaves.
*Image of a Black Rose In Pot Metal*
John Merthia. Lord William's bodyguard.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: October 19, 2011, 06:18:38 pm »

Quote from: Note to William's Encampment from Talama
He is free to do so himself, and there is nothing of importance right now that he need attend to.

Jacobo.

The royal seal is mark upon the bottom of the letter.

Tala finds herself woken up about three hours later, in the afternoon, by one of Wilheim's soldiers.

"Oi, you're to head to the training area now!"
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 06:21:04 pm by Taricus »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: October 19, 2011, 06:24:25 pm »

'Tala' snapped awake, rubbed her temples, rose and began to make ready, making sure to stretch as she did so. It would be a long day..

Some time later, she reached the training grounds, and said with a smile...

"Tala Alanis, Reporting for training."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: October 19, 2011, 06:30:27 pm »

"Right, let's see if you can hold a blade as well as you can talk, Alanis!"

[2] He throws a wooden training weapon at you, hoping that you'd catch it, in which his hope was dashed though. You're able to pick it up before combat starts though.

"Have at you!"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: October 19, 2011, 06:47:49 pm »

Don't overthink it, just act, she thought. She resisted the urge to respond verbally to his taunts, since her guard would be lowered-that was one of the first things they taught you. Her first 'trainer' had done something similiar, and put her in hospice for a month.

Tala moved forward confidently in attack position-acting like an overeager trainee-but hoping her foe would underestimate her. Everyone else did. Ever since she was a kid-no one thought she would amount to more than a harem girl for some local crime boss. She showed them all.

Now, she had to do it again. It was this ambitious thought that drove her first strike.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 06:51:31 pm by Dwarmin »

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 220