Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231963 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Autumn 415a)
« Reply #585 on: October 19, 2011, 09:46:28 am »

Great Archbishop of Moun what do you need of your humble servant?
The Archbishop sits in contemplation for a minute before finally speaking.

"My son, do you believe in the Creed of Moun?"

"That all men are created equal, and that every religion must carry some grain of truth. That intolerance leads only to suffering, that only reasoned discussion can bring about wisdom."
Long Live United Forenia!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: October 19, 2011, 11:13:52 am »

Distant shouts of the orders was mixed with constant trampling of the foot. clouds of dust emanated from tight columns of men and horses. Soldiers were in their last day of drills and manouvers, and Nikephoros observed it all from a small hill, surrounded by officers.
The summer was gone, but well spent, as Nikephoros learned about the Ligorians and their abilities. In turn, the troops were all trained and prepared for any action, be it the next day. So far, no threat was in sight, although Nikephoros received some worrying reports about provocation at the border, where soldiers dressed us as Ligorians supposedly carried out some raids.

"So, Ligoria had enemies, yet they are too weak to attack openly." Nikephoros was prepared to move out against these people, yet he did not know who was it. Going to queen was a viable solution, although too many peole observed and listened to her, and openess in this case would be disastrous. It was time to organise military intelligence, even if the queen was to be kept in the dark.

Head to Talama to an inn alone. Try listening on rumours.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: October 19, 2011, 11:35:10 am »

'Tala' was now convinced, it was time to act. She had been gathering information-and funneling it back to her paymasters-for awhile now. Gossip and common knowledge was fine enough for the politicians, but her contacts were demanding more. Much more.

She now realized, Queen Laythe did not respect a woman in silk-only iron caught her eye. Silk and Iron...

She strapped on the green tinged breastplate for a final touch-unadorned, simple and sturdy, in Ligorian infantry style-and slid her long thin blade into it's sheath at her hip. A closed helm would conceal her face, but for now she held it at her side.

She bore the weight with only a little difficulty-all the better for the impression she hoped to make. 'Tala' was in fact, no slouch with a sword and dagger-but fighting in heavy armor was not her preferred style.

The question was, how would the Queen react when she asked to learn the skills of war and serve Ligoria? Amusement? Suspicion? Pride?

It was time to find out.

Action: Tala asks for an audience with the Queen
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: October 19, 2011, 11:51:09 am »

Of course, when Tala arrived, the queen wan not on her throne. Or in fact in the room itself with no sign of her bodyguards either. One of the guards comes up to Tala:

"Sorry Ma'am, the Queen is a bit busy dealing with a problem of hers. She'll be out in a-"

At that point one of the doors was flung open, and a rather princly looking fellow was thrown out. Followed by the queen shouting various obsenities whilst her bodyguards followed. The guard starts whispering to Tala:

"Dammit. Now we're in for double duties, and the queen is going to be downright furious..."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: October 19, 2011, 12:07:00 pm »

((I can assume this is David the guard, heh))

'Tala' cursed inwardly. What fool ruined the Queens mood? On the day she was to make a presentation!

"Thank you for the warning David.

I don't suppose you know who that man is, do you?"

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: October 19, 2011, 12:23:22 pm »

((OOC: You can assume that.))

"Someone trying to court her. Poor fool would've been killed by now if he wasn't a noble. Laythe is going to damn well make her displeasure known to his family howeve- Oh, here she comes."

David back up a bit to his post when Laythe approaches. The suitor is thrown out of one of the nearby windows by Alessandro and Jacobo

"Urgh, I KNEW this would be a bad day. No offence Tala, considering you just got here. They found that scumbag right outside my quarters. How he got there I have no idea..."

Laythe glanced over Tala's equipment.

"So, here to fufill your role as a true vassal then? Very well. I don't believe you do have any military experence though, and I'm going to have my hands full with these bloody bastards soon. Though you did choose the moment I could've used your more ...natural skills instead, but pay that no heed. So, what say you? Are you willing to serve under one of my captains and thus General Vandire?"

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 19, 2011, 12:39:25 pm »

"Yes I believe this creed Great Archbisop."
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 19, 2011, 12:40:40 pm »

Court the Queen? Madness! There were rumors, of course, the Queen had dozens of secret lovers-men or women, no one dared say-but the thought of her taking a suitor folly. The fact that he was able to get so close to the Queen was...interesting. Perhaps there was a traitor in the castle? Other than 'Tala' of course.

'Tala' gave her best Ligorian style salute to the Queen. Her cultured tones were now blunt, clipped and militarisitc.

"I vowed to serve my Queen in whatever manner she needed me. If you have need of the silken touch and silvered speech, I will provide it-or, If you have need of Iron, I have learned the blade arts to a degree.

Command me, and it will be done."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 19, 2011, 12:50:54 pm »

"Okay. I shall call for you when I need your skills. In the meanwhile..."

Laythe summoned a messenger, whispered something into his ear then sent him off. She sat back down into her throne.

"They'll be here in a moment. Rest assured you'll be suited to this regiment, considering what I think is your fighting style..."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: October 19, 2011, 01:34:00 pm »

'Tala' nodded in agreement and waited. The silence seemed a bit awkward, so she thought to speak.

"My Queen, while we wait, might I enquire as to the identity of the man who was just...defenestrated? Surely, your Nobles could stand to know the name of the man who slighted your honor, and by extension, all of Ligoria."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: October 19, 2011, 01:49:16 pm »

"I would if I knew. Mind you, he's being carted off to the dungeons for a few nights so we can find out."

At that moment, a red-haired man entered the throne room, barded in a suit of half-armour in Ligorian colours with a scarf looking fairly tired.

"Why'd you wake me up zis early Ma'a- Ah, zis must be the new regiment member you sent vord of. A pleasure to meet you miss. I'm Wilheim, Captain of the scout regiment."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: October 19, 2011, 02:01:19 pm »

'Tala' turned to the red-haired man casually.

"My name is Tala Alanis.

Likewise, I am pleased to meet you, Captain Wilheim. I've no doubt it will be an honor to serve under you."

Her mind clicked and whirred, trying to recall scraps of information about you and forming them into a greater whole...

Action: Tala recalls what information she might have heard or gathered about Wilheim

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: October 19, 2011, 02:16:53 pm »

"Yes I believe this creed Great Archbisop."
"Good. Good."

"You understand that not everyone shares this belief. There are those who would force their religion on others, outside of their own temples or the public fora. Some think we should be tolerant of their intolerance, and try to explain to them their folly. But the passage of time has taught us that this is, itself, folly. Some men will not learn. Some men do not accept the Creed of Moun, no matter what."

The Archbishop turns towards you. His face is twisted into a mask of hate, and he strains to keep his voice calm.

"I must make hard decisions. And I have made a decision. I will not tolerate intolerance!"

"The Holy Church of the Eastern Shrine. They are a major church in town. Every member is guilty of intolerance. I want you to go to their headquarters and arrest their leaders, then bring them to the Scorched Square for trial. I have sent their soldiers to patrol for bandits, and they will be taken care of. There will be only few guards, but they may attempt to attack anyway. Go armed. If they resist..."

The Archbishop turns back to the altar, and resumes his praying stance.

"Kill them"
Long Live United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: October 19, 2011, 02:20:25 pm »

Action: Tala recalls what information she might have heard or gathered about Wilheim
((OOC: Hey, you could at least let me flesh him out first D:))

You only recall that he was the captain of Ligoria's scouts and that he is a recent promotion to command.

"Well, I guess I'll be leading to where you'll be staying for the duration of your training. Don't think you'll get to stay within the palace's more luxurious quarters, as well as not to expect a good sleep for a while as you adjust to our schedule, We're on an abstract shedle due to the bloody noble pissing off the queen."

Wilheim yawned, then motioned towards the door:

"Well, I guess we should get started trooper. Follow me."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 19, 2011, 02:48:40 pm »

'Tala' nodded and followed behind him, studying the man. She wondered about making the training seem to easy-what she had been forced to endure to become an agent of the Dragon Empire was far more rigorous than anything they likely had planned, but all the luxury *had* dulled her senses. It would do some real good, anyway.

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 220