Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231816 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast
« Reply #525 on: October 14, 2011, 04:56:57 pm »

In the arena
"Huh...What if someone fought and won against them, would sh- they be considered De-facto leader of the Gladiators?"
Harold stops and writes something down on the clipboard.
"This will brilliant material for my play, good sir!" he squeaks out, smiling fervently.

Meanwhile in Thunderblade's land:
William stood outside of Thunderblade's land, waiting to be allowed in.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: October 14, 2011, 05:00:09 pm »

"What do you think the tournaments are for? It's not like we don't get an arrogant noble or two competing, though they end up losing..."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: October 14, 2011, 05:05:34 pm »

"Well, that "Queen" is particularly detached for someone who let me rot for half an hour...", Avitus thought. He bowed almost imperceptibly before speaking:" Your royal highness. Let me introduce myself properly. You must already know my name, so I will cut the part about my titles and former functions and just tell you the reason of my being here before you. It has been reported to me over the last few months that the Kingdom of Ligoria, under the reign of its young ruler, started to stand out as a driving political force in the region. That is the reason why I have chosen your city to establish my life's project: a University. On a side note, as I'm staying here, it would be a shame to put my skills and knowledge to rest, so as a former treasurer, first advisor and chief of diplomacy at the service of the Dukes of Vasir for almost two decades, I would gladly offer you my services, would you ever request them." He gently twirled his beard after talking.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 05:09:17 pm by leone313 »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: October 14, 2011, 05:09:41 pm »

Harold takes notes and occosionally says "brilliant" and leaves when the tour is over.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: October 14, 2011, 05:13:16 pm »

"Well then, I'd be happy to accept your assistance, and I'd be more than willing to help fund a university, though it would have to wait for the new year to actually be funded. And I would be glad to get a proper diplomat for internal affairs and such."

Laythe thought for a moment or two.

"I'll have my guards show you to your quarters, if you wish to leave now."

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: October 14, 2011, 05:16:05 pm »

Meanwhile in Thunderblade's land:
William stood outside of Thunderblade's land, waiting to be allowed in.

"One of Ligoria's nobles is waiting outside your lands, my lord. He is waiting to be allowed in."

Kathos looked around. He was reading a book about a general who lived in the storm coast long ago. It could wait.

"Alright then. I'll meet with him."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: October 14, 2011, 05:20:13 pm »

William steps in, lacking guards and wearing muted tones of red. His eyes have bags under them and his left arm is in a dull red sling.
"Hello Masteri Thunderblade. How are you doing today?" he asks in proper with his fake muttish mix of accents.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: October 14, 2011, 05:25:19 pm »

-Spend 2 Ducats(verify) of the primary treasure pool to turn the peasants into a Raider regiment.
Done.

-Station 2 bandit regiments near one end of the city (ideally were they can watch for signals while staying out of sight of city guards), and the peasant regiment and one bandit regiment near the opposite end.
[2]You can't sneak your men close to the city without them being detected by patrols.

-Spend as much of the secondary Ducat pool as necessary to disguise the two Red Tiger regiments and the other Storm Coast bandit regiment as civilians, merchants, craftsmen, and the like (and the rest as small-time sellswords and such if we run low on funds). Where possible/appropriate, individuals will be given disguises fitting their former professions.
[3] You manage to disguise two of your units. The third can only be partially disguised. (.5 ducats would complete the disguise)

-Begin filtering troops into Fiumefurt from different directions- try to keep with the normal ebb and flow of traffic to and from the city. Where anyone has reason to leave, they're to rendezvous back at the camp, change identities, and return in keeping with the above plan. Continue this for as long as it takes to get all three regiments within the city.
[6]The gates of Fiumefurt are open and busy from dawn till dusk, and immigrants flock into the town. None of your men have any trouble getting into the city. Once in the city, however, they find every tavern full and every job taken. They are forced to camp in shacks on the edge of town, [1] where they and the other immigrants are watched mercilessly for any sign of trouble by the guard.
Long Live United Forenia!

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: October 14, 2011, 05:30:04 pm »

Avitus' face enlightened for a second before returning to normal. "Thank you, your highness, I see I was right to believe that a young leader such as yourself would recognize the importance of education and kindly accept to help fund a project that will without any doubt benefit this Kingdom by supplying it with young and brilliant minds tailored to serve it! As for diplomacy issues, I will do my best to protect your interests from whichever threat inside or outside your borders. Command, I will act. Thank you again, and may your day be good." He bowed again, this time enthusiastically, and left the room with a smile. On his way out, he asked the guard leading him to send someone take care of his belongings (the two heavy coffers his guards were carrying) and direct his two men to barracks were they could station.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: October 14, 2011, 05:31:54 pm »

Kathos gave the noble a smile and he tried not to laugh when William talked. His fake accent was quite good, but the baron remembered him.

"Hello, lord William. I am doing quite well, thank you for asking."

He was speaking in perfect mirish. Kathos's father talked in mirish when he was alone with his men - just like Kathos's grandfather.

"What brings you here?"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: October 14, 2011, 05:38:52 pm »

"Eh, just chuck in the treasury. It's safe in there, crow takes more worldy items anyway. And I'll be guiding you to your quarters today."

After the tour:
"So, I guess you liked it. Good afternoon to you then good sir, and don't forget, show fights are on three times a week!"

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: October 14, 2011, 05:46:57 pm »

William doesn't look surprised that the man can speak Mirish
"Fine..."
He sits down and reclines back in the chair.
"Well, I've spoken with most of the other nobles, but I haven't spoken with you, and I think that good relations between the nobility is important. So how are your people and your crops?"
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 05:50:52 pm by filiusenox »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: October 14, 2011, 05:57:36 pm »

Kathos's smile disappeared. If the hatcuri ambassador was responsible for this, he was dead. Kathos accepted the fact that Retcyl had informed the queen - but the nobles, even after Kathos told him he shouldn't have said anything? Political immunity could go to hell if that was the case.

"I had a few problems with bandits, but they will no longer trouble my lands - they are all dead. A cropblight was detected earlier in the season, but that should not be a problem for long - the best herbalist in this part of the world is currently working to cure it. His face was without emotion. "Why do you ask?"

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: October 14, 2011, 06:01:12 pm »

William's eyebrows furrow and small frown etches on his face. He looks concerned over some small detail.
"No reason..."
"Cropblight you say? What type?"

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: October 14, 2011, 06:05:44 pm »

The answer was not exactly good enough, but it would have to do for now.

"Nothing really dangerous. It did ruin a part of this season's harvest, but I don't think it will keep spreading."
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 220