Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231776 times)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast
« Reply #495 on: October 13, 2011, 12:47:45 pm »

Wait for a job
Max Yeskly sighs. this wasnt nearly as glourious a life as he had expected.He recalls his life with his family before the argument. all had gone wrong after that. His father sent him away with a samll amount of guards and barley a ducat to his name. But he would show his father who his son was and how he could rise above being second born. He would prove he was the better person. (that good for a back story?)
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 13, 2011, 02:05:11 pm »

Next morning: Throne room

"Ah, General Vandire. I trust my troops are up to your standards?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 13, 2011, 02:44:24 pm »

Yes My Queen, they are. Except for their battle-readiness. I would like to address that by organising some war-games and mock battles in the countryside. Obviusly nothing serious or dangerous, just to get in grips with the quality of Ligorian soldiers. I will also need to organise the Army Staff: make sure that the chain of command is properly obeyed and that the officers are looking after their regiments.

Nikephoros paused for a short moemnt, and begun speaking, with slight worry in his voice:

I'm concerned about the previous day's events, My Queen. It seems though as if all hell broke loose as soon as I left the party. Shame that Lady Tala had to deal with that, but I'm more concerned about Palace's internal security and the public peace. No troops save for for your own should be stationed or given lodging inside the city walls. Even the nobles should keep their soldiers outside the capital. It would be wise therefore to build wooden barracks and storehouses outside city walls and lodge the nobles' retainers and guards there. They will also come useful when expanding Your Majesty's armies and planning campaigns.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 13, 2011, 02:51:13 pm »

A few days later...
A single Lonemine Black and an Eelspine Grey (both roses) are tied to the gates of House Alanis property. With a simple note that says 'Tala' on them.

At his Tent city...
William was looking over a map of Ligoria with a frown.
"So your telling me that ruffian merc was made general?"
"Indeed sir, one of my friends in the Guard told me."
"Bah. A few years in charge of a regiment and suddenly they think they are the best candidate to lead every solider."
Harold noted that everyone of William's fingers on his left, not so good hand, had a small scab on the pad of them. But Harold thought the slightly numbed version of William was better then the pain-addled one.
"Hows your arm sir?"
"Still fractured in quite a few places. But it doesn't hurt so bad."
"Indeed. Would you like me to send a letter to this General?"
'I'll think about it, Harold. Now run along and get hammered, I need to think."
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 13, 2011, 03:22:28 pm »

"Alright then. Though I'd prefer that the arena could be used for this. It's more than large enough to accomodate large unit battles within it, and it's generally easier to observe them on the stands and such. Unless you also wanted to become familiar with the terrain. In either case, you have my approval in this."

"As for that, I trust you can get started on that, yes?"

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #500 on: October 13, 2011, 04:11:00 pm »

"My lord, we are simple monks who run from religious oppression, and my followers, the large body of armed men, are simply farmer and beggars who were living on street corners of Ligoria. We ran from there from fear of the mad queen, and we want naught but employment, and what kind it matters not. Truly, if the men were able to ply their old trades, they would be most happy," said Oli'c. "Though I daresay, they are now a fine body of warriors, a regiment that would provide fully for your, and Shola's, defense. Indeed, our removal, was truly needless, for all we need are jobs, and money. The bodies of three-hundred are hard to feed."

Oli'c Sdf'a was nervous, as a wrong move may end up in him losing his head, and those of his followers. Shola seemed like a peaceful enough place, but good things do not last forever, and there was no reason why this peace should be any different. Hopefully the Sholian lord saw it the same way, and did not think their flight from Ligoria was unrighteous and dishonorable.

Attempt to reason with Sholian lord, and explain that we are nothing but oppressed people seeking employment.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 13, 2011, 04:50:02 pm »

Yes My Queen. Also, if there are any matters that warrant a closer discussion, such as the border incident witch supposedly involved Her Majesty's soldiers or any future plans, I'm at your disposal.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 13, 2011, 04:52:44 pm »

"Very well then, You may leave now general."

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 13, 2011, 07:31:26 pm »

Attempt to reason with Sholian lord, and explain that we are nothing but oppressed people seeking employment.

[1] Lord Cain doesn't truly seem to believe your tale at face value, but smiles as he speaks to you, "You will forgive me if I don't trust the story you're providing at face value. Times have been unkind to Shola in the past, usually at the hands of strangers." He sighs, [5] "But we can't be paranoid of an impending doom forever."

Cain motions to a guard in the room and gives him some orders, [3] "You and your people can stay in town. Those that cannot find work by the end of the season I may have a special project for. Until then, try not to cause any trouble."
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 13, 2011, 08:08:05 pm »

A few days later... ((from my characters POV))

Action: Tala begins gathering information on Ligorias military preparedness, and the current layout of its command structure.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event: Kawaki gets a meeting from Awalia...

Awalia shows up a little worse for wear from the battle she had with Kawaki, but she seems to be in a good mood-maybe she knows something. She's just pacing in the lobby of the Hacturi embassy at the moment.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 10:13:03 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 13, 2011, 11:43:13 pm »

Retcyl watched as the mercenary captain made general Nikephoros left the Queen's throne room. What could he have asked for? Best to find out later, it was time for Retcyl's own meeting.

Retcyl entered the throne room and bowed.

"I have slain the bandits as asked, my Queen. There is proof of it just outside of your palace."

"My tour of the country did not uncover any traitors, and everything seems productive besides the land of Lord Thunderblade."

Retcyl waited for the Queen's response.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 14, 2011, 05:00:02 am »

"Well, I'll take your word for it. Though I do doubt your judgement due to the fact you sought out traitors by touring the countryside. Now, was there anything else that you wanted to discuss or are you finished?"

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 14, 2011, 05:07:39 am »

"I must admit that you are correct my lady, I'am a foreignor to this land and not even human. My opinion is worthless in these matters, but I do remember that there was a ducat in it for me..."

"Also my queen, I would advise you to watch your vassals, afterall one must only look at what happened to the Emperors of Hatcur to see what happens to those who aren't careful."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 14, 2011, 05:09:59 am »

"Noted, Though I don't remember offering you a ducat for this..."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 14, 2011, 05:37:28 am »

Ah, my lady, you be forgetting your own words,"

Retcyl pulls out a letter and shows it to the Queen.

Spoiler: Message to Rectyl (click to show/hide)

"...Willing to part with a ducat for the corpses of the bandits..."
Retcyl quoted.

"I have brought quite a few bodies with me, their heads are in some bags if you need proof. I do understand if you cannot pay right now...But it is messy to have debts..."
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 220