Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 224925 times)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)
« Reply #3150 on: February 29, 2012, 06:57:51 pm »

"Sure, why not. To be honest, it was a while since i had the occasion to sit down with someone and have a drink. One of many sacrifices of my job I guess, he he."

Go drink with Terryn, but watch the drinks.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 04:08:10 am by Ardas »

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: February 29, 2012, 07:03:52 pm »

"Understandable. You would not be the first to put work before pleasure. I...try to find a mix between the two." Terryn replied as he stepped through the doorway and back into the common room. Some event had hushed the room momentarily, Terryn would have guessed another drunken brawl, but the cacophony returned almost as quickly as it had, apparently, left.

The Hedge Knight paused a moment by the door, eyes scanning the crowd, and settling briefly on an obnoxiously pretentious red hat, before he began to make his way over to the bar. "Two of your strongest," he muttered, sliding a set of coins across before turning to Nikephoros. "So I am to understand your career as a soldier is a rather long one?"
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: February 29, 2012, 07:06:13 pm »

Tala inclined her head.

"Tell Lord William...times have been hard, but we preserve. There was an attempt on my husbands life, foiled by his quick thinking. The assailant was nothing a shadow of a man, who died long ago. Pasha sustained minor injuries, but nothing serious. The assassin died.

I personally, am weary from the march to war, as well. But we were victorious, partially. Ligorias foes driven from the field, but still live.

Now, about that gift...?"
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 07:09:51 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: February 29, 2012, 07:15:50 pm »

"And of the man who attempted it...? If it's not to much to ask..."

When she responded, he nodded.

"Well, Madami, I really don't feel comfortable discussing what William wanted to offer outside...It's of a private nature."

John smiled then, used a thumb to indicate behind him, then stuck up two fingers, then frowned, then smiled again.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: February 29, 2012, 08:10:14 pm »

Tala supposed it could be almost anyone...and if someone was watching the house...

"Well, come in then. The weathers absolutely ghastly."

She brought John inside, and politely took his coat and hat.

"I suppose there's no point in needlessly arousing your suspicions. We have an...unwelcome guest at this hour. A messenger from the Former Queen, come to elicit our help for her plots. I will only ask you listen, and report what you hear to William, as is your duty. He'll be on his way soon enough...but like I said, William shall make his own determination about things...lucky you, you've stumbled upon a conspiracy. Tread carefully, John."

Tala entered the room once more and spoke to Laythes messenger.

"Ah, to continue?

...Honeyed words are indeed sweet to hear. While I appreciate the Queens new tactics, it's too little, far too late.

From a purely, logical perspective-I am my husband have nothing to gain from defecting to the Queens side, as of now. Neither have Nikophoros or Kathos given us a reason to. And, you have given little incentive.

On the other hand, we have everything to lose. If I accepted, and was executed for my crimes, what would the Queen care? She would have sown distrust, and a rival of hers would be gone. Something that no doubt figured in her plans. Even the rumor of you visiting here would no doubt give my enemies the means to harm me.

Quite simply-the Queen has no leverage anymore. Not here, anyway. She cannot compel us to follow her whim."

Tala took another moment. She had never stood up for anything in her life, not really. It was all just a job. A mark. A scam...

"...Tell her if she wants to try and take Ligoria's throne back, I'll fight her. I'll resist her, and her forces with every ounce of my strength. Tell her to seek a new life from herself, and spare further lives in these wars, for the pursuit of her vainglory.

Tell her this isn't personal between us. Ligoria is my home now. I'm willing to defend it. Until she proves herself the stronger, or the rightful ruler, I must defend it from her as well.

Tell her if she tries to harm me or my family from afar-threats, murder, or blackmail-it will become personal. In that case, I will gladly hunt Ralia down, and carve the black heart from her chest.

Is that clear enough? I suggest you leave by the back entrance. This place is being watched.

In a moment anyway. John might want to speak with you as well. For now, I'd wish a little privacy."
She finished, motioning to the new man.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: February 29, 2012, 08:24:31 pm »

"Thank you, Thank you...Ah...well now, thank you, Madami, for being so...honest...I will of course. Then we can discuss William's offer..."
He followed her into the room and leaned against the wall by the door.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 08:29:29 pm by filiusenox »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: February 29, 2012, 08:47:18 pm »

"Before I leave madam, I would like to say something.

What would you do if everything that you knew and loved was taken in an instant, unable repair the damage due to being cast out, unable to repent due to being exiled. And then having to see what's left of life being torn apart by the vultures and turned into fanatics set upon destroying everyone's lives.

I've seen collegues turn traitor for vast riches gains only to suffer tenfold in the future. I've seen cities destroyed over petty politics, and I've seen families destroyed due to a single word. So please madam, hear me out. Laythe is not doing this out of vanity or for glory. She is doing this purely out of revenge and homesickness. She does not care where the assistance comes from, nor it's price, because to her, home is worth near any price."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: February 29, 2012, 09:02:53 pm »

"Well, I have a suggestion...that might satisfy Laythe...if she feels the need to repent and rebuild, then maybe she should...well swallow her pride and come back to Ligoria as simply a noble, she would be under William's guard- to make sure she didn't do anything stupid- and protection- to make sure the Twin Rulers don't kill her-...she would be made to fix the damages with the income from William's land and... assist the new rulers in rebuilding Ligoria...I'm sure William would support this plan...He never did like bloodshed, if you could believe it..."

John looks sheepish upon saying this.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: February 29, 2012, 09:11:25 pm »

"She's not going to accept that under any circumstances. One of the conditions she is enforcing is that both Nikepheros and Kathos must be either dead or exiled. As long as that's done, she cares not about her station."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: February 29, 2012, 09:19:06 pm »

John frowns.

"Then she's a lying bitch. She doesn't want to fix Ligoria, she just wants to bite back at the people who kicked her, like a mad dog. And rabid dogs get put down where I come from."

"And since you so sure, she won't accept, I'll be arresting you after our conversation. To either be turned over to Nike...or gods forbid...William...who is like Hugo with a knife."
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 09:22:05 pm by filiusenox »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: February 29, 2012, 09:23:55 pm »

Tala shakes her head. She didn't like the thought of a another innocent person suffering for Laythe's foolishness.

"I suggest you cooperate with the authorities, messenger. I am certain you know less than nothing...but, in this case, it might not matter. I will try to plead mercy on your behalf.

Will you come with John peacefully, or...no?"

The knife flashed in Tala's hand once again, if needed.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: February 29, 2012, 09:26:21 pm »

"I DID just say she was doing this out of revenge. Eliminating them is what she feels to be the first step on the path to redemption and fixing Ligoria, with the next re-establishment of the monarchy. I may not agree with it, but I'm just a messenger. I'd prefer to walk out of here a free man and with all my various limbs and organs where they belong, kids don't feed themselves..."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: February 29, 2012, 09:31:39 pm »

"Then come quietly, mate. I'll make sure Nike and Kathos don't rough you up to bad and you get released almost instantly...plus if you tell us where Laythe is, I'm sure my lord William would like to reward you. I'm sure Fifty Primats or a Ducat would set your family up in a nice part of town and give you a year or two without worrying about bills or food."
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 09:41:29 pm by filiusenox »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: February 29, 2012, 09:50:22 pm »

"While I find your offer generous, I also find it morally reprehensive. I believe that is all, so I shall take my leave. I thank you for your time Milords and lady."

With that, the messenger, somewhat ungracefully, leapt out a window into the stormy streets...

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: February 29, 2012, 09:54:30 pm »

In Talama:
John chases the messenger.

((Also, from Dwarmin, don't know if it counts as an action, probably should wait for Sercon and Dwarm, in any case, before rolling this.))
Quote from: Dwarmin In IRC
[20:36] <Dwarmin> Anyway! I'm going to sleep now. If he jumps out the window, assume all my guards tackle him...should of mentioned my manor has giant stone WALLS.
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 220