Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231490 times)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Summer 416a)
« Reply #2550 on: January 06, 2012, 04:20:01 pm »

"It seems to me then that I will have to pack myself and the soldiers at once. I shall march in 2 days, preparing everything and making surethat the affars of the city have been handled."

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: January 06, 2012, 04:25:41 pm »

"We'll need to inform the council before we take such an action, Nikephoros. Shall we go ahead and call for a meeting?"

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: January 06, 2012, 04:52:43 pm »

"Don't be silly. We don't need their permission and they don't hold any sway over us for now. We hold the sovereign power, they are advisors, remember? This is run-of-the-mill business, and the only person who needs to know is Hugo. He will have to supplement city security. Besides, i don't know if the Alanis' are in Talama, so no point in bothering ourselves with red tape. I heard that you have some business with the administration and economy. You worry about that and I will get you money."

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: January 06, 2012, 05:34:02 pm »

"Hugo will want to inform the council, Pasha is still technically part of the military and the Alanis' are our last important nobles. We must have the Council's loyalty for this, Nikephoros. If the Alanis' are not in Talama, we'll simply ask for Hugo's opinion. I don't want to make ennemies at the court during the first month. Laythe did that, and now we've got her kingdom. Before any important military move, the council must be called. I believe I can convince them to support us with the right arguments. I know what they want, I think."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: January 06, 2012, 05:38:53 pm »

Bloody hell. Fine, fine. Lets play the power share. You do realize that this is all a big game, right? We are doing the ma service by lending them an ear. Besides, its not a big issue, but a few renegade landowners. They are such a minor nobility, its hard to distinguish them from yeomen. But lets call that meeting."

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: January 06, 2012, 05:44:51 pm »

"Remember Laythe, Nikephoros. We must not repeat her mistakes."

Kathos sighed.

"I'll send messengers to Hugo and the Alanis'."

Summon the members of the council for a meeting

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: January 06, 2012, 05:59:11 pm »

Juan finishes tying Erin up and draws the knife from his boot.  The struggle might have made some sound, but she had not cried out, so he could still be ahead of the game.  He drags the unconscious noble behind one of the sofas so as to be out of sight of a casual passer by or someone who simply looks into the room.  He opened the door to the dining room and looked for some stairs.

Juan proceeds as quietly as possible to look for stairs and a sleeping area.  He opens each door on the second floor carefully and quietly, taking a look inside and leaving them open once opened if nothing is within.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: January 06, 2012, 06:20:39 pm »

Juan pads silently through the dining room and kitchen-he can't but help noticing how personal this home is. It looks like Erin made more of the furniture and decorations than she bought. Here, a ceramic swan with wings outstreched. A pretty painting of a frozen lake in winter. A rocking chair seemingly wrought from living oak, and Juan bears a wide berth, lest it's creaking give him away.

Juan Stealth [4+1] vs Becca Detection [6-1]

As soon as he moves up the stairs, he realizes something is...off. He doesn't step out into the shadows of the hall. That's when he hears her voice.

And the tense drawing of a bowstring, somewhere in the darkness at the end of the Hall. He hears a low voice-slightly melodious, but full of menace all the same...

"What are you doing in our house?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: January 06, 2012, 06:43:45 pm »

How fast can she notch another arrow?  Let's find out.

Juan carefully removes his hat with his free hand, judges the distance, then flicks the hat quickly into the shadows of the hall - to the side, rather than putting her line of fire directly onto his body.

If Juan's luck holds and Becca fires at the moving object (the hat), bull rush the shadows at the opposite end and try to catch/stab her to death before she can reload.

If not, and Juan doesn't get hit, risk the run.  If he gets hit badly, duck for cover.  If he gets hit lightly, risk it.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 06:55:12 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: January 06, 2012, 06:57:16 pm »

[Juan 3 VS Becca 5+1]

Juan throws his hat into the shadows.

It flies through the air...and hits the opposite wall. She doesn't fire. Juan hears her laughter.

"Did you really think anyone would fall for that?

...Last chance-leave our home. I've already summoned my guards-as soon as I knew Erin wasn't by my side, I flagged down a guardsman passing in the street. The Night-Watch is on their way here as we speak."

[? vs ?]

Juan thinks she might be bluffing...if so, she's very good at it.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: January 06, 2012, 06:59:48 pm »

[Bluff, Taunt]  "Your guards are dead.  Albrad begged before he went.  Erin didn't.  You should be proud of her."

Juan rattles off his bluff and stands behind the wall, readying his knife to lunge should she come past.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 07:01:48 pm by Iituem »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: January 06, 2012, 07:14:28 pm »

[Bluff 3 vs 5]
[Taunt 5 vs 1]

"Albrad wouldn't have begged. Erin might have. She's not a killer. Like you.

Like me."

Juan feels an arrow thud into the wall behind him. He peers from the corner of his eyes and sees Becca kneel down to reach for something.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: January 06, 2012, 07:18:53 pm »

Juan tightens the grip on his blade and runs, full-pelt, for the archer, mentally preparing himself to side-step against what will almost certainly be a melee weapon.

Juan runs for her with his knife, side-stepping at the last moment to avoid a melee thrust.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: January 06, 2012, 07:31:00 pm »

Juan breaks into a run-allowing himself a smile, maybe. He steps into the hallway, takes a few steps forward...no return shot. He gains confidence.

He's preparing to sidestep a clumsy sword slash as he rushes her.

His smile wilts at the last second.

Becca Spring is seen in the moonlight, and she has a smile of her own now. She had another bow. Pre loaded.

*twang*

[Juan dodge 3 vs Becca Shoot 4+1]
[Severity 4 (1/3 Juan HP) ]

Juan feels more than sees the speeding arrow thud into him-punching through his upper left shoulder. Breaking Bone, rendering his arm numb.

Agony. He stays up though. Barely.

Now Becca really is reloading, reaching back to her quiver with devilish speed. Through a haze of pain he makes out the discarded bow and a long silver kitchen knife by her side.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: January 06, 2012, 07:36:41 pm »

Well - aaaargh! - played.  Nothing for it, then.  Bright One, chips are on the table.  Double or nothing.

Juan flicks his working arm out with the knife, going straight for Becca's eyes.  Fifty / fifty chance, he reckoned.

Heads, I stay in the Queen's land.  Tails, may Valatoi take me.

Juan fights, most likely to his death.

Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 220