Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231518 times)

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Summer 416a)
« Reply #2505 on: January 03, 2012, 06:47:57 pm »

"We can keep going."

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: January 03, 2012, 07:15:38 pm »

Arriving at his new "residence of choice" without any incidents, Azkhael quickly briefs Iocaun on the facility's specifications, delegating him the task of arranging for adequate accommodations. A few commodities would be hauled from the ship, under the elv's name, while others were to be bought on the spot. Meanwhile, Azkhael would g underground, thus hiding himself from the would be haulers, and survey the dungeon's installations, later setting up his actual base of operations down there, aided by a few unidentified goods brought from the Shambling Willow.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 07:29:24 pm by Azthor »

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: January 04, 2012, 01:18:35 am »

"Yes, what is it that your gang most wants from Polca? Legalization? More things to smuggle? Power over the government? Oh...and don't say, "Your death!", and then try to kill me. It's so Cliche."

"We want what any sensible criminal wants - a life free of distractions by the law of the land."

"The Lord of Polca is an inbred Knave with more blessing by The Lady than any man I've ever seen"

"We'd prefer he drop into a lake of fire, but the gods are hardly so kind"

"If we were under the impression there was nothing to gain from you and your...unorthodox methods, we'd have brought every smuggler crew here and killed you already. So please, enlighten us as to why we haven't made a mistake by foregoing that option this night"

The Hedge Knight grinned, and then sighed, "As for how I can help you...well, let us just say that he believes that he can trust me. And what's more, he believes that we are working together on a...project of sorts. I can easily arrange for us to catch him alone, or at least away from the majority of his chapter. But, of course, I need your cooperation for that."

[444] "I'm listening, but understand that openly admitting to relation to this man hurts you, I'm also not a complete moron - Knowing you two know eachother on a similar level makes me distrust you almost as much as i distrust him. YOU however have not tried to burn all my men alive...So i'm listening..."

((Meant to say "While i hold -no- love" in my last post. Mental note: no posting at 2am))
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: January 04, 2012, 08:08:33 am »

Simon stood up, and took the twin blades off of his hips, and sat them down before doing the same with his longsword. That done he lifted the two-handed sword up over his shoulder, and walked away from the two observers for safety reason. When he thought he was far enough away he placed the sword down flat against his shoulder before saying, "Shall we begin?"

Start Fighting Tala's Bodyguards

The two guards nod to each other.

Vespius is the shorter of the two, and the the more aggressive. "Let's earn the Ladies favor, Veritas! I believe you can knock him out in a single blow!"

Veritas is a bald giant, but curiously light on his feet-he never makes a sound, and doesn't speak.

Veritas circles him casually. Vespius keeps talking, doing an ample job of providing the distraction. Simon tries to keep them both in view.

"What reason are you here, Simon? Do you seek money? Or perhaps the Ladies favor?"

He motions to Tala with his blade.

"Is she not the most beautiful woman in the land? A prize for any man such as yourself?"

Vespius/Veritas Vs Simon

6+1 vs 1+1

VV: 3/3
Simon: 1/3

Simon averts his head for just a moment-Tala smiles back at him-and then he feels the flat of Vespius's blade find his ribs-and Veritas a moment later, fetching a blow against his head. Tala's laughter rings out.

Then they dance out of range and begin circling again.

"Her Beauty can be a dangerous thing, can it not?"

Veritas grins.

"Being a bodyguard is about keeping alert-not allowing yourself to be distracted..."

Simon feels more than hears Veritas swinging in from behind him.

Vespius/Veritas Vs Simon

4+1 vs 3+1

VV: 3/3
Simon: 0/3

Vespius and Veritas win!

Simon parries the overhead blow from Veritas, elbowing him in the chest-and quickly swings his blade around to deflect a low sweep from Vespius with a ringing clash he knew was coming.

"You've got to have a degree of selflessness...how much are you willing to sacrifice? Being a good bodyguard is more than collecting a cheque."

Vespius leads this time...

But Simon knows Veritas is the bruiser of the pair, relying on his greater strength to deal telling blows. He quickly sidesteps a strike to his midsection, and catches Vespius blade, sending him reeling. He recovers quickly.

"If you're just a mercenary seeking gold or honor, we should throw you out of the nearest window, I say. Can you honestly say you will serve Baron Alanis and Tala with all your heart? Love of ones Lord and Lady is not something to be bought or sold. You're joining our family, Simon-not just taking a job."

They move into battle...

Tala smiles on the sidelines. She told Vespius and Veritas to start referring to Pasha as 'Baron Alanis'. She wonders how he likes it?

The trio fight with ferocious speed and skill-Simon can keep up deflecting both mens blows and returning his own, but only just barely. He realizes what they are trying to reach him...they fight with passion, as brothers would defending each other-as anyone would, when defending family.

Simon feels an opening-a clumsy thrust from Veritas. He moves take advantage of it...but it never comes. He realizes, a moment too late he's been tricked.

Twin swords strike him high and low, and he goes down with a grunt.

Veritas and Vespius have barely been winded.

"Baron Alanis, Tala. Have we given you the show you wanted"

Veritas helps Simon up with a grunt.

"You need to fight for something more than your honor, boy. Something has got to drive your sword-if not, you'll surely fall before someone who does. "
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 03:07:59 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: January 04, 2012, 01:39:27 pm »

"We want what any sensible criminal wants - a life free of distractions by the law of the land."

"The Lord of Polca is an inbred Knave with more blessing by The Lady than any man I've ever seen"

"We'd prefer he drop into a lake of fire, but the gods are hardly so kind"

"If we were under the impression there was nothing to gain from you and your...unorthodox methods, we'd have brought every smuggler crew here and killed you already. So please, enlighten us as to why we haven't made a mistake by foregoing that option this night"

"I can give you what you want. Your gang gets immunity from the law. Either by legalization or by the guards just ignoring you, that’s up to you. As well as support from me and my men in case of any major problems. In return all I ask is your support in the coming days, that you don't hurt any civilians who aren't purposely trying to screw with you, and that you continue with your business."
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 05:35:37 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: January 04, 2012, 03:42:35 pm »

"The only thing that drives my blade is anger, and sadness my friend ... Nothing will ever change that. I search for a Master that is worthy of my blade, and whose objectives are just. I will sacrifice everything for the dreams that I have, but I have nothing to sacrifice. I am a simple shell of a man who was once whole, the only thing remaining is sadness, pain, anger, guilt, and my drive to fix this world." Simon said as he quickly replaced his blades, and put his sword back on his back. As his arm moved to put the blade up his clothes moved, and a symbol can be seen burned into his arm along with hundreds of scars. The symbol is a trident surrounded by a circle.

Simon notices this, and quickly covers the spot up whether Pasha, and Tala saw he knew not. With that done he took seat near the two, and said "I failed to win the fight, but did I pass your test in the slightest?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: January 04, 2012, 04:52:16 pm »

Tala wasn't sure if he had. Her first instinct was to pity him-and thus, she would have sent Simon out the door to seek his fate elsewhere, for their could be no room for weakness when it came to matters as important as the safety of her family. Could she really trust this self admitted shell of a man to protect her husbands life or her own?

Yet, what was once broken could be reforged again, stronger than before.

She turned to a Pasha with a weary shrug.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: January 04, 2012, 07:16:33 pm »

Pasha shrugged back. Simon had been beaten pretty thoroughly, but he was kind of big on second chances since he had gotten one himself from a man he thought was absolutely merciless. "Well... I have business I want to attend to..." Pasha said, putting his arm around Tala's shoulders. "But when I come back tomorrow, I'll duel you myself. In the meantime, you should think about things, and find a reason to fight. You're welcome to stay here for the night; maybe in the library you'll find something relevant." He motioned to Vespius and Veritas. "Can you see Simon to a room for the duration, and maybe have someone attend to him so he isn't too banged up tomorrow?"

With that, he drew Tala out of the room. "And now, I'm abducting you for the rest of the day. Hope you don't mind too terribly," he said with a devilish grin as he led her by the hand to the stables. There, Emerald was already saddled and ready, and he put his sack of goods in one of the saddlebags. "Up you go, Lady Alanis," he said, putting his hands on her waist and lifting her up into the saddle, then climbing up behind her. "Not much of a surprise, I suppose, but I think you need some time away from the worries and cares of Talama."

With a whistle, he set Emerald to a trot and they headed out of the city and into the nearby woods. "So... I got us some food for the night and the morning, and I had a servant put some wood and other things out where I plan for us to spend the night. It's a beautiful place, right around the base of the mountain here." He was sure she would love it. Behind the waterfall there was a nice, shallow cave; high enough to be out of the water, and deep enough that they could sleep in it comfortably for the night, hidden in the darkness behind the waterfall.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: January 04, 2012, 07:45:36 pm »

Tala was silent as she and Pasha rode on into the wilderness. There was a tranquility, even a few miles out of the city, unbroken by any sign of Humanity-aside from the occasional stump or piece of litter.

It felt to her, as if she had almost gone back in time to her days a roguish wanderer in the no-mans land between the Dragon Empire, the Green Empire and Moun. She had only been 17-and quite afraid, at first-but she was a survivor.

Of course, back then she was usually alone-very rarely had she travelled for long with anyone.

Maybe it was the memory of those trackless, silent wastes that made her speak up about her past-her real past. There was something about the ancient grandeur of the forests that made her life of lies seem petty and small.

"Travelling like this...it reminds me of my own past, Pasha-my real past. Though, back then, I rarely had a horse to travel on...or a man to ride with."

She smiled brightly, taking in the scent of fresh spring growth. She could hear the low rumble of a crashing waterfall, somewhere in the distance they were heading toward.

"Had I ever told you about those years?"

It was an honest question-she and Pasha had shared many stories with each other over the years, and while each knew most of the major events of the others life, to a degree, everything in between was disconnected and fragmented. Pasha had bared his soul to her before, and Tala felt this was a nice opportunity to reciprocate.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 07:48:02 pm by Dwarmin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: January 04, 2012, 07:50:46 pm »

Pasha laughed quietly and shook his head. "No, I can't say either of us talked about our pasts in too much detail... but it's not like we don't have our reasons." Holding the reins with one hand, his other arm encircled her waist to steady her as the horse went over slightly bumpier ground. "But if you want to tell me, I would like to hear it. I'll answer any questions you want to ask of me, as well," he offered.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: January 04, 2012, 07:53:26 pm »

[444] "I'm listening, but understand that openly admitting to relation to this man hurts you, I'm also not a complete moron - Knowing you two know eachother on a similar level makes me distrust you almost as much as i distrust him. YOU however have not tried to burn all my men alive...So i'm listening..."

((Meant to say "While i hold -no- love" in my last post. Mental note: no posting at 2am))
"Of course, Captain," Terryn replied, taking a more formal tone now, "But know that I will need your cooperation, perhaps even your trust, should we work together in this endeavor." He paused, making a show of considering for a moment. "You see, I know his numbers and I know the extent of his Chapter's abilities. Not only this, but I can lead him into a trap-- or any other situation you desire-- with little effort. But, I cannot do this alone. My plan is rather simple, you will find. I will lure him away from his troops and his guards. Once alone, you and I shall strike in tandem, slaying him...or capturing him first, if you wish. As for his Chapter, well...I haven't a clue how many guards you've on hand for such an endeavor, I'm sure I can work out a strategy that involves the combined might of both Polca and the Thornbred."

He smiled, gesturing to himself with a wave of the hand. "This is what I do, Captain. I was trained to be a tactician. But even the best training falls short when you don't even know what sort of forces you have on your side."
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: January 04, 2012, 08:10:08 pm »

Tala was about to speak again when she heard a twig crack in the forest to the west of them.

It was sharp, brittle sound. Her knuckles tightened around the reins, turning white.

Her rational mind assured her-any watchers would not be able to draw conclusions to her identity from what little she said. But if it was reported...she saw everything unravelling. Everything. Before she hadn't nearly been so afraid of the consequences-but now she had something to live for. Someone. It has given her a new perspective.

She didn't breath for a few moments. Then a small brown rabbit poked it's nose out from the bushes and bounded away.

Tala exhaled, and laughed. Her hands were still trembling.

"I'll feel more comfortable speaking under the shelter of the falls, Pasha. My nerves have been so brittle lately-what with the falling off of horses, and tossing of books whilst screaming. I suppose it's pre-wedding jitters..."

Silently, she cursed her weak nerves. Tala didn't like to appear frail in Pashas eyes-she had always prided herself on her own ability to meet him on an equal level, physical and emotional. To be as daring as he was, just as brave.

Falling off of horses, screaming and throwing books, jumping at rabbits...she had felt very odd lately, not at all herself. Couldn't say why.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: January 04, 2012, 08:25:40 pm »

Franz felt the the cold blade against his cheek, why do I only find myself in this position with women around?

Franz looks around the room and speaks.

"I am Chade Fallstar and I came to look for work."

Try to get the screw loose, if you get it, punch Awalia in the face and take the knife from her.

The cleaver flies down in an arc and lodges in the wood of the chair beside Franz's head. Awalia shows Franz all her teeth in a menacing smile that brings ancient primordial fears bubbling up from the depths of the assassin's mind.
"Last chance. Chade. No?"
She puts one scaly hand tenderly on Franz's face, then makes her nails dig uncomfortably into his face, then she continued pushing them in. Deep enough to draw blood, but not enough to penetrate the chick muscle. The she rips her fingernails forward, splashing her hand with blood. That's gonna leave a scar.
[3] That's when Franz manages to pull the screw loose.
[6] Awalia is too preoccupied with watching Franz bleed to notice that he has one hand loose, but dislocates his wrist and scrapes it bloody.
[3+1] She doesn't notice Franz's fist until it smashes her in the face, and she is knocked over on her tail-end. Not unconscious, but dazed.
[5] Franz pulls the knife out of the woodwork of the chair.
[6] And frees himself, but unfortunately, Awalia manages to get back up and panics, calling for guards. ((They will arrive in two turns.))

There is a thin, grimy, window on the far wall, it looks big enough for you to jump out of...question is how high up it is. You really can't tell with the grime and being this far away from it.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 08:52:04 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: January 04, 2012, 09:09:38 pm »

"I'll feel more comfortable speaking under the shelter of the falls, Pasha. My nerves have been so brittle lately-what with the falling off of horses, and tossing of books whilst screaming. I suppose it's pre-wedding jitters..."

Pasha nodded. "To be honest, I'm still pretty nervous about it too. That's why I thought a day away from it all would be good for us. We can just relax at the falls with a bottle of ale, some fruit, a fire, nothing around but the sound of rushing water and no one to bother us..." he trailed off, kissing the back of her neck. After a moment he stopped teasing her. "But I suppose I can wait until we get there for everything. Cruel woman, always taunting me so." He laughed. "Patience is a wonderful thing, isn't it? But only in moderation. Come on, girl," he said, goading Emerald into a swifter gait.

Some time later, they had arrived at the falls and he had tied Emerald's reins around a thin tree. "Well, what do you think? It looks like a cozy enough spot to me." He moved toward the falls first and took off his cloak, holding it up to take the brunt of the water. "After you, my love," he said.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: January 04, 2012, 09:43:09 pm »

Tala grinned and ran under the cloak and the falls, feeling lighter and more free than she had been in years.

Her first instinct was to explore-she hadn't felt this good in years. She probed into the cave-perhaps hoping for a secret door, prone skeleton holding a sword, or a treasure chest.

She knelt down near the back of the cave, eyes drawn to something metallic buried in a spill of rubble. Close inspection revealed it to be a sizable, badly weighted dagger-rusty with time spent so near to the vapors of the falls. She recognized it as Uden-make. Apparently they were not the only ones who had frequented this cave. It did look quite old, though-perhaps many tens of years.

There were few other items-the chain strap of a water skin, moldy butts of some thick cigars and what looked like a silvered wolf tooth strung on a necklace. She picked that up and examined it.

She heard Pasha splashing through the falls at that moment, with a belt of hearty laughter.

"Pasha, darling, I'm not sure this cave is as secret as we might have thought..."

Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 220