Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231526 times)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Summer 416a)
« Reply #2490 on: January 02, 2012, 07:42:39 pm »

"Thats fair enough. I will have my men inspect them, and with one of them belonging to the Fists it will look innocent enough. Use that action to your advantage to drive out others

His tone changesd to more serious one.
"But mind you, this city will not be what it used to under Laythe. The free-for-all, delapitated city era is over. I know you are with us, but I know that these low-lives are an unstable bunch. If they start messing about beyond the bounduaries set, I will cull them too."

He then reverted to the normal tone.
"I'm glad that we talked."

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: January 03, 2012, 01:10:27 am »

William sent one of his men back to the "Barracks", double checked to make sure Chironas wasn't one of the two guards, and then altered his direction and headed to the vineyard, where the meeting was designated.
He checked for ambushes as he walked into the meeting area.
He smiled at the three men, a not so nice smile, more of a predatory grin as such.
"Hello! Pleasure to meet you all. I'm William Sarturi and I'm here to talk business."

*Attitudes: [115]*

The smugglers gang seems to not be a single leader. Seems normal given the circumstances of their work. The three men facing you appear to be the respective heads of the docks, the fencers and the smuggler's 'handler'.

The Handler seems apathetic toward your recent escapades in the city, but seems to think another body in the area might facilitate buiness. The other two men, however, want you dead - and you can see it in their eyes.

[464] You don't notice any weapons on any of them, but two out of three appear to be wearing some thick leather under their shirts - paranoid much? No one says anything at first when you walk up. They seem strangely surprised that you even showed up, and then paranoid about an ambush themselves.

"So, you showed...shall i bare my ass for a pike?"

"Crammit James, or i'll let him kill you. I'm sure Colin would love to replace you" James snaps his head to the other man and glares.

"Children, enough...I'll get more enjoyment out of your second's knifing you in your sleep than you doing each other here and now. Course, if you did - i could blame this man and take over everything." He straightens his shirt and continues, "Now, can we get down to business? You called a meeting for a reason i presume?"

The Hedge Knight himself flashed a smile, waiting a beat for a greeting. When that greeting did not come, he continued on anyways. "Ah, Captain, I apologize for the intrusion however you are most difficult to get a hold of. However," the mercenary commander paused, gripping the back of a chair as he leaned forward, "I've a bit of a gift for you, that I hope will change your mind. I mean, were I you I'd want to be the one to personally remove this Sanguine fellow's head...or at the very least be there to witness the beheading. But perhaps you are not as eager to repay slights as I?"

-Terryn seeks to work his way into the Captain's good graces by reminding the Captain of his embarrassment at William's hand, while offering him vengeance.

"While I hold love love for this man, as he killed several of my men, I hold no love of strangers either. Who are you, what do you want and how could you possibly help me with him? Speak your piece or may the gods have more patience for you..."
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 04:33:32 am by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: January 03, 2012, 02:01:22 pm »

William leaned against one of the trellises and smiled at the three men. His guards stood behind him respectfully, they eyed the bosses warily before crossing their arms and waiting patiently for William to finish his business here.

"Yes, what is it that your gang most wants from Polca? Legalization? More things to smuggle? Power over the government? Oh...and don't say, "Your death!", and then try to kill me. It's so Cliche."
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 02:03:42 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: January 03, 2012, 02:38:52 pm »

Maraas Belladom made his way through the ash-stained streets of Talama, trying his best to keep away from the roving gangs and thugs that were using the still-reigning confusion to snatch up any fool unfortunate enough to stray out of sight of the guards. Revolutions were never clean. They'd been defending the Swan from looters and the raging fires throughout the night, and had been in a perfect position to see the Queen go. Asking around, Maraas had discovered her ship had been the only warship in the city-state - aside from his, of course.

That had given him an idea. He'd considered several options, but none of them seemed awfully likely to pay off.

He turned around the corner and set off hurrying down the harbor. The Swan was the only armed ship - lightly armed, of course, but armed nonetheless - in port. It was smaller than a majority of the vessels there, with a sleek, narrow hull the few cannons jutted out from awkwardly. He practically ran up to it and boarded up the ramp.

Most of his men seemed to be present. Good. He'd have to round up the rest as soon as possible.

'Listen up!' he shouted, stepping on a crate of dried fruit. 'Boys, I've got an announcement to make!'

He took a deep breath, looking around. The harbor was empty at this time of the day, nobody in hearing range.

'We came here to burn my brother, and that's done now. I've heard good things - no, scratch that. I've heard William Varaum, my late brother's employer is in Polca, and when he's apparently a lord of some stature. I figure he could use a good ship and an experienced crew. I figure he'd be most grateful.' Maraas paused, smiling faintly. 'Now, this city has not exactly been hospitable to us - I'm sure you'd agre. Before we leave, I figure we should... give her a farewell present. Their Queen took their last ship with them, and I figured... well. Now, piracy is an ugly word, but...' he gestured at the burn marks along the Swan's hull.

'Well have to do this quick. We'll burn and loot as many ships in harbor as we can and then, Bright One willing, fly off to Polca where we will receive a hero's welcome from Lord Varaum. Then we'll live as rich men for the rest of our lives. The man who brings in the most amount of gold gets a week's amount of rum straight-up!'

Maraas Belladom loots and burns Ligoria's undefended harbor like the honourless pirate he is with his Swan Knight (Light Warship) and then gets the hell away to Polca!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: January 03, 2012, 03:46:53 pm »

"While I hold love love for this man, as he killed several of my men, I hold no love of strangers either. Who are you, what do you want and how could you possibly help me with him? Speak your piece or may the gods have more patience for you..."
The mercenary commander arched an eyebrow, Donald chuckled. "I am Sir Terryn Selgvyrdson," he replied slowly now, as if speaking to a child. Clearly this man was a bit of a dullard. "Commander of the Thornbred Knights, and former squire of Sir David Leifsson of the Order of the Rose. As for what I want..."

Terryn paused a moment, taking in a breath as he collected his thoughts. This would take a lie, to be sure, but which one? "...well, if you had not noticed he hails from Lonemine. In fact, Sanguine leads a chapter of Lonemine troops. I share this trait with him, I am sorry to say, as well as a shared past...though I'm not certain he knows that. So I seek revenge for my family, just as you no doubt seek revenge for those men who were lost. We've a shared goal, you and I."

The Hedge Knight grinned, and then sighed, "As for how I can help you...well, let us just say that he believes that he can trust me. And what's more, he believes that we are working together on a...project of sorts. I can easily arrange for us to catch him alone, or at least away from the majority of his chapter. But, of course, I need your cooperation for that."
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: January 03, 2012, 05:06:21 pm »

Talama's Palace:

Around the late morning, a young servant gathered up enough courage to ask one of the new rulers something the may've liked to know.

"Erm, Lord Kathos?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: January 03, 2012, 05:09:04 pm »

Kathos looked up from his papers, looking tired.

"Yes, what is it?"

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: January 03, 2012, 05:12:28 pm »

Simon stood up, and took the twin blades off of his hips, and sat them down before doing the same with his longsword. That done he lifted the two-handed sword up over his shoulder, and walked away from the two observers for safety reason. When he thought he was far enough away he placed the sword down flat against his shoulder before saying, "Shall we begin?"

Start Fighting Tala's Bodyguards

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: January 03, 2012, 05:12:46 pm »

"Excuse if I disturbed something important sir, but I do believe that you shold see the entire Palace, since we assume you'll be using it now after the queen left." The servant sighed, looking a bit nervous.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: January 03, 2012, 05:15:26 pm »

Kathos looked puzzled.

"Well, I had an initial look around, but it is true that I've only visited the throne room, the treasury and a few others places. What did you want to show me?"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: January 03, 2012, 05:17:50 pm »

"Some of the quarters, amenties and such of the Palace, sir. I'll lead on if you wish Mi'lord."

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: January 03, 2012, 05:18:57 pm »

Kathos had nothing else to do, and he was in a good mood that day. He got up.

"I'm following you."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: January 03, 2012, 05:22:45 pm »

"My name's Baris by the the way Mi'lord. At any rate this way." Baris gestured out the door, to the left.

The pair headed down a flight of stairs after Baris grabbed a torch, leading the two to their first destination. "Here, we have some of the central heating sir. Keeps everyone from freezing during winter, and to tell the truth some of us hold get-togethers near it then as well. Good times they were. At any rate, it's not in use right now as it's too warm to do so. Now then, onto the next bit sir..."

The duo headed back up onto the main floor again, heading towards the western garden, which was looking a bit mistreated. "And here's one of the gardens sir, the one you didn't see when the crow was here. Sorry if it's looking a bit rough, we haven't found another gardener yet. I guess they either left with the queen or left town during the riots. Looked quite nice when it was tended though, the queen would usually spend a summer afternoon out here. Some of the older servants say that old Mirilas Ralia is buried here..."
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 05:33:49 pm by Taricus »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: January 03, 2012, 05:45:06 pm »

"Mirilas Ralia was buried here? And Laythe spent afternoons in this garden?"

Kathos looked around, disbelieving.

"Strange. Laythe hated her family..."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: January 03, 2012, 06:25:17 pm »

"Only her parents. Her siblings were killed to stop them sending her off. Not that anyone could've hated Mirilas, People say she founded the dynasty, put a lot of the laws you see here today in as well. Shame her decendants didn't end up like her, but at any rate I don't think there would've been much for her to do about them anyway. Anything else, or did you want me to continue sir?"
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 220