Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231548 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Summer 416a)
« Reply #2475 on: January 02, 2012, 02:09:38 pm »

The guards were summoned.

Vespius did the talking for the pair.

"My Lady?"

"How would you like to give a new recruit a shakedown, Vespius? Veritas? Just a favor for me." Tala inquired politely.

They nodded empthatically.

"We'll give him the usual, My Lady. We'll try not to hurt him...much."

Veritas hums and grins.

The group makes it down to where Simon is waiting.

Tala takes a seat across from Simon and doesn't speak at first, merely eyeing him curiously. She wanted to know how the man reacted, or if he did. Was he blinded by her beauty? Ignorant of it? Polite? Crude?

First impressions were everything.

((*enter adwarf*))

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: January 02, 2012, 02:28:16 pm »

As Tala, and her bodyguards walked into the room he gave them each a passing cold, calculating glance before beginning to talk, "You must be Tala, it is a pleasure to meet you. I must commend you on everything you have achieved, of course I have only heard rumors of what you have done, but there is always some truth in everything someone says. I look forward to working with you, and Pasha more in the future." Out of the corner of his eye Simon studied the bodyguards carefully, and coldly. They clearly showed signs of experience simply from the way they carried themselves, and the stances they took.

They left very few opening at all times, and Simon had to think those he did see were most likely there to make him drop his guard. 'They are clearly quite the skilled warriors, and I get the feeling these two might be a challenge. From what I have seen, so far they must be used to working together, because the cover those few opening I can find quite well from their positions.' He thought as he absentmindedly open his pouch, and pulled out the brown package. He held it in his hands, and the clinking of metal was easy to hear.

He continued messing with the package as he spoke, "Now, for the test you want me to take Pasha. I believe I can take both of Tala's guards on, and I get the feeling that they are used to working together from the way they act. No rudeness intended, but I would like to finish this test soon, so I can relax a bit afterwards." He gave a weak smile at the thought of a peaceful day, 'Like I would be that lucky.'

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: January 02, 2012, 03:03:39 pm »

"Any time you're ready. That goes for you two as well," Pasha said, looking over Simon's shoulder at Vespius and Veritas. "This is just a test, though. Try not to seriously injure each other." He leaned back against the wall and observed.

Training: Observe the way each combatant fights in an attempt to raise my own Sword skills.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: January 02, 2012, 03:23:26 pm »

Franz squinted as the door was opened.
"Why does it seem that in Ligoria, all my enemies are women?

After a smile Franz gets up and wipes off some dust from his clothes, "Let's go!"

Stepping out of the door he looked at the guards, shouldn't be too hard to take these fools out, the armed one must go first though. Torturing will just make me weaker, gotta escape now.

Wait for a good opportunity to remove of the guards with a sharp item that you can easily grab. The armed one is top priority. If there are no opportunities, then go with them.

((You can roll if he gets a good opportunity or not.))
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: January 02, 2012, 03:44:19 pm »

Nikephoros sends for Hugo to speak with him in his office.
"You wanted to speak with me?"
Long Live United Forenia!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: January 02, 2012, 04:07:19 pm »

Juan tapped the file.  "Names, locations, details in here?  Alright.  I could do Gregor quickly, but I'll want to plan this one out - a lady will have protection to get around.  Or through.  Give me a week.  Probably done sooner, but just in case something unexpected happens."

Juan picks up the folder after Laz makes any closing comments, gives Laz a nod and departs.  He returns to his lodgings to read through the folder and stuffs the bag of coinage and folder under the floorboards as well until he can find a better hiding spot.  Afterwards, Juan heads to one of the local soldiers' bars to relax, think and play a game of cards.

Juan reads through the folder, having some difficulty with the longer words.  He hides the folder and pay in his lodgings and goes to a soldiers' bar to drink and gamble with spare change.  He keeps an eye out for any recently discharged royalist soldiers who might have grievances or be needing work.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: January 02, 2012, 05:04:03 pm »

Nikephoros was waiting in his ofice.

"Welcome to my humble quarters. Yes Hugo, there is the matter of city crime and reconstruction. While this is business mainly between you and Kathos, I want to know who and where will need to be removed. If Talama is to prosper, we need merchants, and good atmosphere down the docks and in the market would help. Besides, I will be rebuilding the city guard and will be instating a city prefect to clean up the place."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: January 02, 2012, 05:41:29 pm »

"Ah. Well."

Hugo laughs.

"What do you want to know?"

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: January 02, 2012, 05:53:40 pm »

"Well, I want my city watch to be effective, and I want the mess to be minimal. I trust your "associates" would love to have the entire city to themselves, so I would like to clean it up and hand over all unsavoury business to you. I know if I eradicated everone, new ones would start popping all over the place and I would be at square one again. Since you are in the council, I believe that you would run things with minial amount of complications to me and the citizens."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: January 02, 2012, 06:06:06 pm »

"Yes... 'lord' Thunderblade made that arrangement. I think my associates should be satisfied with it. I'm sure they would be willing to provide your men with... advice regarding the best areas to look for members of the city's other organisations. Of course, they would lose all credibility if they worked openly with you. And, of course, they want to retain some security of their own."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: January 02, 2012, 06:23:10 pm »

"Obvious and understandable. My guards will take care of all and everyone who is not under your wings. Name the places and I will have them cleared. But I want the city to be quiet and lawful. Whatever joints or businesses you might have, I don't want to know and I will have no one looking into it if you keep quiet."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: January 02, 2012, 06:31:38 pm »

Juan reads through the folder, having some difficulty with the longer words.  He hides the folder and pay in his lodgings and goes to a soldiers' bar to drink and gamble with spare change.  He keeps an eye out for any recently discharged royalist soldiers who might have grievances or be needing work.

Spoiler: Target Profile (click to show/hide)

There's no shortage of former Royal soldiers-those who suddenly found the Queen they served faithfully sailing away without them. Distrusted by the new regime, and forgotten by the old...they're nursing their drinks, counting their last coins.

Prime opportunity for the gangs-all of them are recruiting, with benefits.

Most of them can offer bodyguard and muscle-Juan even spots a few shady types who were probably the Queens spies, assassins and torturers...but they don't stick in one place too often.

Who is he looking for?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wait for a good opportunity to remove of the guards with a sharp item that you can easily grab. The armed one is top priority. If there are no opportunities, then go with them.

((You can roll if he gets a good opportunity or not.))

[1] (( >_> ))

They put a dark colored sack over Franzs head as soon as he steps out into the hallways. He can do naught but stumble forward...

Eventually, he reaches the torture room. It looks like it get used often. The dinnerware stored in a cabinet to one side implies Awalia takes her meals here. Goody.

He's strapped in a iron bound chair with shackles. Awalia enters a moment later, looking pretty good considering.

"Hello again, you stupid human. Let's start off easy-name, and who you work for."

She picks up a meat cleaver hanging from a rack on a nearby wall, turning her back to you.

Franz feels out his bonds.

There's a single screw that has been loosened-likely by the last person in here. If he can just undo it without being spotted...

Awalia turns back to you.

"Speak, or I get hungry."

She smiles, and slides the flat of the cold blade across your cheek.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later that night...

Hugo receives a tip from one of his informants in the Dubs-someone who only goes by the name "Flame Dancer". An interesting one. But will it turn out to be more than nothing? This ones been wrong before.

Flame Dancer

Dubs planning execution job. Two women. Noble women.

Hired a real hardcase to do it. About a month or less. No other info as of now.

Orders?

It might be trouble for his new position if it happens...but interfering and investigating will cost the Bloody Fists resources, and no doubt anger the Double-Noughts.

He's left alone to absorb the information as will. Or to toss the letter into the fireplace and forget about it.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 09:32:35 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: January 02, 2012, 07:11:19 pm »

Juan mulled over the details in his head.  He swapped out two cards and pushed another coin into the pot - he was playing pennies tonight rather than waste his newly earned cash.  Most of that had been solidly spent on buying rounds for various ex-soldiers and loyalists, toasting the Queen and cursing the damned rebels who'd put them out of a job.  Juan, asked a couple of times where he got his cash from, tapped his nose and told the soldiers; "I have some friends still in pocket.  Maybe if you're my friend, you'll meet them someday.  Here, let's get you another round."

It was thus that Juan had started heavily watering down his beer - there was no legitimate way to drink this much and keep a clear head unless you were born gifted by the Bright One, and Juan's luck with cards extended neither to drink nor ladies.

Juan worked a hard, thirstless night - aiming in particular to find out anyone who knew about recently hired bodyguards in the city, those working events and such.

Buy some drinks for the soldiers who might make good muscle, good scouts and especially those who -need- someone to command them.  Make friends and learn names, but don't do any hires just yet - keep them in mind for the future and give the most promising a couple of coins for the card games.  Keep an eye out for a decent scout/lookout for the present job. 

Try to find out via gossip who the ladies' guards are and if Juan can find them, become drinking buddies.  Try to find out what 'public engagements' they are being hired for and when.  Pose as needing the work himself and ask where they get their uniforms from and how they got the job.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: January 02, 2012, 07:25:29 pm »

Franz felt the the cold blade against his cheek, why do I only find myself in this position with women around?

Franz looks around the room and speaks.

"I am Chade Fallstar and I came to look for work."

Try to get the screw loose, if you get it, punch Awalia in the face and take the knife from her.

That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: January 02, 2012, 07:30:13 pm »

"Obvious and understandable. My guards will take care of all and everyone who is not under your wings. Name the places and I will have them cleared. But I want the city to be quiet and lawful. Whatever joints or businesses you might have, I don't want to know and I will have no one looking into it if you keep quiet."
"Well, I can't give you nothing but accurate information- that'll look too suspicious. The gangs would know there were traitors about, and they'd be quick to peg it on us. Tell you what- I'll give you a list of twenty places. Ten of those places are just legitimate- well, fairly legitimate- businesses. One is a minor Fist hideout. The other nine are- as far as I know- major centers of operation for the other gangs in the city. You raid each of those locations, see what you find. Should be enough subtlety to fool a bunch of dumb criminals."

Planning a hit on a pair of nobles? Eh, let 'em die. Although... if Flame Dancer thinks the man's a hardcase, he might be trouble. Nobles dying wouldn't hurt him much- frankly, given the lack of taste the kingdom's nobility had, he didn't care- but it might be worth keeping an eye out for suspicious activity. Maybe be there to investigate the crime scene before the guard tramples all over it, gather some clues- maybe learn what the Dubs are up to.

Don't interfere, but keep an eye open for this 'hardcase'.
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 220