Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231511 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Summer 416a)
« Reply #2295 on: December 28, 2011, 11:11:46 pm »

The Lily, eh? Well they won't be servicing my men but I shall be eager to speak with its mistress...or master or whoever controls it.

Retcyl heads over to the Lily.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: December 29, 2011, 12:25:13 am »

Later in the Barracks:
The Thug was chained to the chair in the cellar of the "barracks", William had soundproofed the walls with straw filled burlap sacks and boarded up the only window. The only light came from a mining lamp hung from the roof, out of the prisoner's reach. The door was guarded by three of William's armed Crimsons. William walked into the room and drew a thick truncheon from his belt and broke both of the man's legs in several different places in a whirl of movement. Then he unrolled a small bunch of tools; mostly knives of varying sharpness and took off his coat."I want to know several things. First, where is your gang's HQ, how many fighters do you have, what ships in port are smuggler's ships, and who leads the gang and where can I find him."
William pulled the gag out of the man's mouth and then the interrogations began.

[666]
As you remove the gag the thug immediately starts to talk, "Eat a live procupine and shit needles!" His clever retort is responded to in kind, with a blade in the leg. Which of course requires more screaming from him. After several hours and a pint (of blood) later you get several answers to your questions.

Boss's name is Harlan Sovine. Middle-aged man who has been in and out of the jails up and down the coast most of his life. The last half-decade has been spent in Polca, where he enjoys some nice and boring smuggling There's an abandoned drydock the gang uses for an HQ, boss is there most nights when he...well...isnt? Most of the men have no idea where he goes, they simply don't ask. Several dozen men are under the employ of their leader. Including the guards and crews of at least 2, possibly 3, smuggler ships there appear to be upwards of (3-5 regmients) of men in the harbor NOT under the Lord's payroll. Your captive isn't likely to survive till morning.

Retcyl heads over to the Lily.

You're greeted at the door by a well-mannered man who obviously knows his way around breaking a few ribs without trying. He asks your business, you state it, he leads you upstairs.

"May I help you?"

Ask the regimental commanders if they would like a campaign pay or if they'd prefer to spend it elsewhere (Vandire gets his opinion heard as well, but that doesn't need to be rolled :P)

Regiments are to start increased patrols all around the city, privatly owned weapons (Without the queen's permission) are going under a temporary ban until the next year, with an extra focus on the bleeding scales as a suspected gang hideout. Send one of the spies to see if those rumour are verifiable.

I have no idea what you meant by campaign pay or 'spend it elsewhere' - reword in english please, since you are english -.-

Arms added as contraband to Ligoria until spring.
[323] You're starting to believe that either gang members have soft spots for charity, or your spies are idiots. Either way they come back without any proof the Scale is being used for anything illegal. Suspicious, not illegal.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: December 29, 2011, 12:53:54 am »

"Sorry this intrusion madame, but it is my duty to ask this of you. Your "house of affections" happens to be in a very...strategic spot. I'd like to offer you a deal; you send me any information you get from your clients, and under Polca's new leadership, this brothel remains the only one in Polca...and the normal laws on sexual pleasure will be relaxed."

Just the above.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 02:43:44 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: December 29, 2011, 01:10:42 am »

"Thank you for your help."
William slipped out the sharpest knife in the container and put his hand around the back of the man's neck. Then, with a quick movement ended his life. He cleaned the knives off with some solvents and wipes in the kit and slid them back into their pouches. He grabbed his jacket off the peg and left the room.
His medic entered after he had left and checked for a pulse and to his satisfaction found none.

Later:
Then John told him about the raid. William slipped on a new shirt and put his Longcoat back on. Then he left the "Barracks" and headed towards the Guardhouse. He addressed one of the door Watchmen with a smile of the Main Guardhouse.

"I hear the city has been raided...I would like to interrogate one of the raiders that...er...raided the city."
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: December 29, 2011, 04:46:33 am »

"Sorry this intrusion madame, but it is my duty to ask this of you. Your "house of affections" happens to be in a very...strategic spot. I'd like to offer you a deal; you send me any information you get from your clients, and under Polca's new leadership, this brothel remains the only one in Polca...and the normal laws on sexual pleasure will be relaxed."

Laughter erupts almost as soon as you finish speaking, "Sir, I don't know what corner of Nalia you've been getting your herbal passtimes from, but you need a new supplier" She takes a drink of her tea before continuing, "You speak the truth and obviousness mixed with insults. You must be new here, so allow me to fill you in on a few things in Polca. Firstly, there are no laws against me. I say me, because I'm alone. If you were really on the same side of things with the leadership and all - you'd wouldn't be here." Jean becomes more alert by her tone, "So who are you and why should you leave here alive?"
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: December 29, 2011, 04:51:08 am »

"Not any current laws...But soon there will be under the new leadership. As for me, I'm Retcyl Jementeten of Hatcur. If you kill me, very well...You'll probably all be forced to...Perform your services without pay...and then under go a religious education program. I hear that many go mad from listening."
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: December 29, 2011, 06:04:59 am »

Whew.. That was easy..

"If Your Majesty seeks a suggestion for army spending then I would like to suggest a creation of a big armoury and arsenal complex. And hiring gunsmiths as well. Wars can be won if with a relatively modest-sized but well armed troops. And guns are vital to that task. As you may have noted, baron Thunderblade used his gun to a great effect, causing more damage than an arrow or a bolt could."

"Another suggestion of mine, if I can, relates to the extra payrate when on campaign trail. The idea is absurd. We are not mercenaries, but standing army, and all that we do is covered by our pay, be it in the country or outside of it. We serve the crown and our nation, and that is a privilege in itself, as I often tell my soldiers."

"And lastly Your Majesty, I will take care of the unrest and policing of the country, not a worry about that. I will look forward to seeing you for a tutoring session, if you so desire.."

Afte hearing queen's reply to his suggestions, he excused himself.

"I will go now and bring Tala and Pasha in here."

------------------

Nikephoros found himself in front of Tala's quarters. He knocked on the door, and when approached by a servant, he requested to see Tala, and possibly Pasha if he was there as well. He was alone, with no one following or accompanying him. It looked like a private visit.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 06:11:01 am by Ardas »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: December 29, 2011, 06:31:45 am »

"And... looks like they're gone. Bloody spies."
"You reckon they know about the cellars?"
"Of course not. How could they? The most they could know is we get a few suspicious customers. It's scale-hate and that paranoid queen which brings them here."
"You want we should teach them a lesson?"
"That'll just convince them they're right. No, we can mess with good queen psychobitch in more subtle ways. I hear there's a ban on selling weapons to the populace now. The man in the street has no way to make his voice heard. Maybe we could arrange for a few shipments of weapons, available to the people at generous rates? Especially those who might be inclined to protest that foolish woman's ridiculous policies."
"What about the guards?"
"We already have some of them in our pocket. What's a few extra regiments if their commanders have been paid to look away? We'll teach that madwoman that if she can't be trusted herself, she won't be able to trust anyone else either."

Hugo arranges for shipments of weapons to be smuggled into the city, and sold to anyone who feels like taking up arms against Laythe.

A few Fists are sent to visit the commanders of the regiments patrolling the city with a little coin and a suggestion to maybe stay out of certain neighbourhoods. It's not their fight, is it? Besides, what sort of army goes around fighting its own people?
Long Live United Forenia!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: December 29, 2011, 07:03:32 am »

((OOC: Triple retcon on the meeting, SC. This happens before our earlier RP.))

Nikephoros found himself in front of Tala's quarters. He knocked on the door, and when approached by a servant, he requested to see Tala, and possibly Pasha if he was there as well. He was alone, with no one following or accompanying him. It looked like a private visit.

Niko cant help but listen at the door-he hears a few peals of Talas quiet voice and "Hands off, you Villian!", followed by Pashas voice, both tempered with laughter. "shh...shh... I hear someone at the door..."

A few moments later, they both step out in what he assumes was hurriedly donned casual wear. Even Tala's green beret is slightly more askew than usual.

The couple shares a certain look.

Tala addressed Nikephoros with as much social grace as she can manage.

"Ahem...I hope we didn't keep you long, my dear Nikephoros...hmm, what is it? The meeting with the Queen isn't for a few days, yet, I believed?"

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: December 29, 2011, 07:15:15 am »

Nikephoros, understanding everything well enough, ignored the obvious and responded politely:

"I have no knowledge of your arrangements with the Queen my dear, but I was told to bring you and Pasha "alive" to her. Whatever that was supposed to mean.
But before we go, I wanted to speak to both of you, in private. As you know, there is some unrest going on in the city and there are things that you must know about."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: December 29, 2011, 07:37:23 am »

Tala did cock an eyebrow at that. The Queen was very blunt, in more ways than one. Tala supposed the Queen assumed normal diplomatic procedure is to knock someone unconscious and drag them away, unless directly ordered not to...

She trusted Nikephoros, though-and door was opened. She motioned for him to enter.

"Do come in, Nikephoros. We've all heard about the trouble.

Oh, and sorry about the poor accommodations...most of it was left during the retreat."

She motioning to her living room-which seemed to be missing a few choice pieces of furniture. Tala has been forced to do some improvised redecorating, lately. Given that most of her pieces were stolen, and probably decorating brothels by now.

Ah...but she knew Nikephoros wasn't here for idle chatter, or talk of decor. She looked over at Pasha-they shared a silent affirmation-and spoke...

"Well, anything you say here stays between us, Marshall Nikephoros..."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: December 29, 2011, 08:01:10 am »

"Well, I will be blunt here. We all serve the queen, but she makes more poor choices than good ones, and the current unrest is the result. I promised to serve the crown and Ligoria as a whole, and Laythe isn't acting in Ligoria's best interest as of late."

He paused, letting it sink in.

"I can only speculate as to what you two are planning to do in Ligoria, but I sincirely hope that you have at least some sort of understanding of the situation and the need of action.
You would be risking a lot if i were to ask you to commit, so do something for me and remain neutral, be it to queen's demands or to whatever I may do."

« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 08:59:17 am by Ardas »

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: December 29, 2011, 08:20:00 am »

Hmm, nice little warehouse. He was led in by a one eyed man who promised to check his sources, the man also said his name wrong.

"It is Fallstar, not -"
He could sense an attack from behind and turned around, but he was too late and the fist sent him to the dirty stone floor, hard.

"Failstar. Finishing his sentance he looked up and saw a Hatcuri female, Awalia. He started to say something witty, but was kicked in the ribs before he could start. He hasn't received a beating in a long time, damn thugs. The thugs took away his weapons and armour. Trying to stand up, he was grabbed and lifted up by Awalia. She would of had a beautiful face, were she human of course.

"You must be the ugliest woman I have ever seen."

Hearing that Awalia threw him into some nearby crates. That hurt, a lot. He subtly looked for a route of escape while standing up. His hair had become untied and the red ribbon was now falling to the floor, excellent colour. Feeling a little sting on his lips he checked it with his right hand - blood alright.

She promised a fairfight, yeah right, like that razor gang leader? She either had a dagger somewhere or they were all going to gang up on him, he hated when it happened.

"You are one hell of a femme fatale, are you not? I know about you, you won't play by the rules."

He stretched his shoulders and arms.

Try to escape, using the dolman in creative ways, also say something witty if you do escape. If it is in no way possible to escape, fight using every cheap trick and every advantage you can.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 08:26:00 am by vagel7 »
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: December 29, 2011, 08:52:32 am »

Tala only blinked once. Nikephoros, turning against the Queen? Interesting. The Dragon Empire would enjoy a little civil war, wouldn't they.

She weighed her chances-versus a bloody rebellion that could leave them all dead, or years of living under Queen Laythes increasingly worse decisions, until she killed those closest to her in a fit of paranoid rage-or the Kingdom fell into a bloody scrapheap. It had happened before.

"Nikephoros...Ligoria is my home. I'm going to raise my sons and daughters here.

As things stand...Queen Laythes actions threaten to destroy my families future-through either her own paranoia culling those around her, or unrest devouring the Kingdom, or foreign powers taking advantage of our weakness.

The reason you can speak so frankly is because things need to change. Ideally, the Queen would be able to do better for us, amend her ways...but if it came to down it..."

Tala sighed, looking out the window on the garden. She spoke in her cold voice-the one Nikephoros had heard back when they were speaking about the Arctic Fox, and what you did with dead men.

"Neutrality is no shield for the innocent in times like these.

You know this, Nikephoros. You know what people like Laythe would do when someone threatens to take their power away from them."

There was an uncomfortable silence. Tala turned to Pasha, and sat down beside him-he was silent, maybe lost in thought. She took his hand.

"I need to speak with Pasha about this, Nikephoros...later, once we have more time. But...I already know I cannot in good faith oppose your plans...whatever they may be."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You are one hell of a femme fatale, are you not? I know about you, you won't play by the rules."

Awalia circles around you, like a shark-not letting down her guard, but prepared to tear you apart if you try and bumrush her.

"Rules? You came here to pretend to be my employee so you could stab me in the back. Awfully ironic of you to be calling foul play."

She grins, licking her lips. You are somewhat disturbed by the sharpness of her teeth. They almost look as if they were filed to a razor edge.

"Mmm, I bet you're going to taste sweet, honey....guessing you didn't hear the whole story of what I did to my boss once he was dead, did you?"

She doesn't wait for a reply before attacking you in earnest.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: December 29, 2011, 09:00:34 am »

" Who said that I came here to kill you? This is seriously not how you should treat potential employees. I must also ask you to give away your brass knuckles, I am not armed and neither should you."

Try to escape, using the dolman in creative ways, also say something witty if you do escape. If it is in no way possible to escape, fight using every cheap trick and every advantage you can.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 01:48:31 pm by vagel7 »
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 220