Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231601 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Spring 416a)
« Reply #2100 on: December 17, 2011, 02:51:05 pm »

"I never said we had to go after him immediately, as we will need preparation to do so. And if you want to stand by my side against my foes... Very well, I approve of it."

Tala and Pasha exited the tent together with the Queen leave.

She spoke up first.

"Let us speak no more of it, Pasha. For Tonight at least, let me help you forget the past, in the only way a woman can...and let us instead consider this present. And our future, together."

She hooked an arm around Pashas side and smiled, trying to comfort him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Nod's Kingdom.
"Surrender or die." William held the blade lower then he normally would when he gave this ultimatum. He didn't feel anger towards any of them and hoped they would comply.

The statue of the Queen barks harsh laughter-before it was silent, now it booms.

"Fool.

If you want to claim MY throne, you must first kill my slaves-who have done no wrong to you, but stand in your way all the same. The path to power lies through a sea of blood you must the swim-the blood of innocents as well as guilty. Perhaps you will not find it so easy, then. I do not care. Slay! Kill! Slaughter!

If William is not a worse monster than his enemies, then he is nothing, correct?"

They all still stand against you, blades bared, faces blank.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find a Hatcuri human Double Noughts officer, somebody who would be easy to kill. [/b]

[2]

While there are plenty that deserve killing, none of them that highly ranked are stupid enough to let down their guard right now.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: December 17, 2011, 06:01:50 pm »

Pasha put his arm around Tala's shoulders as they walked out of the tent. "I've made my peace, such as I can, with the past. Let's leave it where it belongs," he said, squeezing her shoulder slightly in reassurance.

(No further actions for this season.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: December 17, 2011, 06:27:11 pm »

Nod's Kingdom:
William stood still for a moment, then made to put the sword down, but then there it was. The thing that made him survive all the years.

A cruel smile came across his face and his eyes darkened. The blade flew back to the ready position and much like William's body, if he could see it, darkened and dimmed. His hair shifted from the strawberry blonde to the darkest shade of black, his teeth grew pointed and jagged. His smile was made all the much worse.
"Such A Shame. Death Awaits."
The voice echoed of wind-sweeping across the tundra.
He killed them all, without mercy, without remorse and without regret, there really was no hope for any of them.
The with that business done, the Dark began hunting for Nod, completely ignoring the Laythe statue.

"NOD! I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU SOMETHING?!? WHAT WAS IT DREAMWEAVER?"
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 07:46:47 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: December 17, 2011, 07:22:04 pm »

"NOD! I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU SOMETHING?!? WHAT WAS IT DREAMWEAVER?"[/i]

The Dreamworld falls apart as William refuses to play Nods game.

He crosses the threshold of the wall, and meets the one he knows as Nod, King of Dreams-an actual God, or merely some deep part of His mind that wishes to punish him while he sleeps? Does it matter?

Nod looks amazingly like William himself-albiet, a bit younger and less wounded by time. He's building a tiny model of the city of Polca by hand at the moment-adding small people here and there, or moving some away, lighting fires, putting them out...

"You told me that you would kill me, of course-something about my spine and my ass, if I recall. A laughable notion in its absurdity. How could you kill me, anyway, without also killing yourself?

Also, I thought that you would enjoy this dream.

You want power, I showed what you will have to do to get it. I mean-look at what I had in store...."

Nod motions to the hole William created-apparently, as soon as he struck down the Laythe statue, he would have been struck down himself from behind-by *himself*, and older version of William, who was no doubt completely insane in his advanced age. He was supposed to fall on the floor, and Chironas would kneel beside him, taking his hand and using his blood to write the ending of the Chronicle.

"You just couldn't let me have my fun, could you? But, I can't say I'm surprised...you don't like to play by the rules I set for you. Believe it or not, I only have your best interests at heart..."

Nod shimmers, and changes to Williams father, Vale.

"...my Son. Won't you give your papa a hug?"

Vale smiles-his mouth and throat torn and bloody from the glass shards.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: December 17, 2011, 07:41:25 pm »

Nod's Dream Kingdom:
The Dark hesitated, as William put up a fight to try and stop it from doing what it planned. Then it lowered the sword and with one hand it picked up Nod and pinned him to a pitch black tarlike wall, which wasn't there before.

"William doesn't want me to destroy you...and that's the only thing keeping you alive. He never said I couldn't hurt you."
Dark's fist smashed into Nod's stomach, who was then flung bodily onto the floor across the dreamscape. Or something?

"Don't pull that Vale thing again. William won't try and stop me next time."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: December 17, 2011, 07:51:58 pm »

Nod somehow laughs through a broken jaw, back in his young William form.

"All right. You've got something else on your mind tonight, and I don't think you'll play...time to wake up, then. You can go...

Back to the real nightmare-the one you live in every day. At least here, you can't hurt anyone for real."

As if on command, the tar ceiling bursts open-a torrential light comes down...

"See you soon, William..." Nod says with a grin, as William begins to float back to consciousness.

In the real world...

His eyes slowly flutter open.

The first thing William sees upon waking is the face of Chironas, leaning over him and looking worried. She is not a dream. He knows this, because she has her eyes.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: December 17, 2011, 08:08:00 pm »

Wiliam's head ached and he didn't remember his dream, but it most of have been one of his worse ones, as his hand on clenched around the handle of the dagger that was hidden under his pillow.
The first thought William thought upon seeing Chironas was to stab her. His hand twitched under the pillow, being cancelled out by the second thought.
The third thought was to make a joke, this thought he acted on.

"I thought you got bored of me, lovely?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: December 17, 2011, 08:21:59 pm »

Chironas merely shrugs, wiping the sweat off of Williams brow.

"Not that. I've had to be more careful...It may boggle the mind, but while I am watching you, the Order is also watching me.

They...warned...me I was getting too close to you. I let you see me one too many times."

Chironas is wearing a high collared black shirt-and has unintentionally drawn attention to something she might have wished to hide. William knows it's the trail of a burn scar, located behind her left shoulder. Chironas hurriedly covers it up when she notices him see it

"It doesn't matter what they do to me...I was down the hall, and I heard you startled in your sleep...I had to come. I'm worried I caught you unaware, actually. Are you feeling well?"

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: December 17, 2011, 08:34:13 pm »

When here hand wiped the sweat off his forehead, he shivered and smiled.
Then he noticed the scar.
An anger flared up in William's mind. His voice, which was sarcastic and trying to be relaxed shifted into darkness.
"I'm fine...Let me see your shoulder."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: December 17, 2011, 08:50:25 pm »

Chironas consents, with only slight hesitation.

The burn, revealed in it's entirely, is almost a foot long. It's not the sort of thing a doctor would do to a wound to close it, either-William knows enough of these things (sadly enough) to know it was applied to her uninjured skin, and that Chironas was fully conscious and struggling while they were doing so.

She sighs.

"They removed one of my tattoos...

This is...a symbolic gesture. For those that do not serve the order, have their own past erased...and our history is writ in our flesh.

They told me..."

She tells William what she went through-only sparing him the worse details, more for her sake than his.

Chironas does not scream. She only thinks of William, and all they wrench from her is an enraged hiss.

The torturer does not seem to care either way.

"You are strong. Why do you make us do this to you? We are the order. We are your family."

She does not answer.

"You must keep your distance from William. We will not allow you to alter his destiny any more than you already have. Do you understand?"

She says nothing-even as the red hot poker is brought out again, and held an inch from her own eye. She doesn't blink.

"The next infraction will force us to be even more harsh. If your beauty is ruined, do you think William will even touch you again? Or any man? You will lose everything you have worked for..."

She spits in the torturers face.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: December 17, 2011, 09:02:43 pm »

William's face doesn't change a bit, but his eyes shift. He stands up from the bed and a drip on the floorboards makes him look up at the ceiling, then down at his hand. Which is dripping small amounts of blood from the palm.

"They will die. No one hurts someone I lov-...They will die."
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 09:04:47 pm by filiusenox »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: December 17, 2011, 09:35:52 pm »

Now it is Chironas turn to be sarcastic, but it only masks her desperation.

"Then, will you slaughter the entire Order in my name, William? Will you spare no expense, to guard me day and night from their vengeance?

If so, then what am I to you? A woman who has watched you from the shadows for her entire life? Someone who was too much of a coward to leave an Order she had served when her true feelings told her it was the right thing to do? Or, am I just an easy lay-a woman who would bed you as often as you like, if you but asked? Why do I warrant such sacrifice, then?

You have hardly known me for a month, and you call it love. I know I love you, William. But, I cannot say if you are capable of loving me back...I know everything about you, and I will never know that. I do not think you even know yourself.

But, I cannot go back to merely being an observer in your life...so...there is only one thing to do..."

Chironas sits on the bed, staring at Williams back. She's thinking the blade that may be under Williams pillow might be better-than forcing him to do these things for her, to blacken his soul further. Faster for her too. Easier than the many torments the Order would not doubt force upon her.

Her hand snakes toward the blade she thinks might be under the pillow. Perhaps William will think her some sort of faithless assassin in his confusion, Chironas thinks, and he will do it for her...that would not be so bad...he would not make her suffer very long.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 09:46:44 pm by Dwarmin »

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: December 18, 2011, 02:02:05 am »

The Next Morning...
1. Bjorn, and two other Hedge Brother are sent to meet with the merchants about a potential job. They are to inspect the merchant's wagons, and report back to Terryn about what might be transported. They should also be on the lookout for any signs of smuggling, or things not being as they seem - No mercenary takes a job without being aware of any hidden risks.
2. Ian and two other Hedge Brothers, chosen for their ability to act like moral and decent beings relative to the others, are sent to track down Lizzy or her compatriots, in an attempt to set up a meeting between her commander and Terryn that evening.
3. Donald and two other hedge brothers, chosen both because of their criminal origins and their intimidating stature, are sent to the shadier parts of Polca to treat with the criminal element. They are to make it known that a few criminal orgs could benefit greatly by working alongside the Thornbred for a short time.
4. Oswald and two other Hedge Brothers accompany Sir Terryn Selgvyrdson as he makes to to treat with the Lord of Polca once more. Should he be snubbed until noon, he will settle with attempting to meet with the Captain of the Guard one last time.

((OOC: For all intents and purposes, the named characters are basically just skill-less peons with names. The reason for being chosen is flavor.))
((Everyone names a few of their nubcakes for flavor, we're used to it))
1: [5] Merchants always need jobs handled - usually of the guard duty variety. [5] Theres a handful of jobs going almosy anywhere from Polca. Profits for the guard duty range from .1d to upward of a full ducat. Your men have a feeling that the value of the pay is directly proportional to the distance and hazards involved. [1] However, many of the merchants don't take kindly to the snooping your men do.
2: Meetings between players aren't required to be rolled unless the other player is attempting to avoid meetings - Ask him, we'll go from there
3: [4] Criminality isn't a hidden art in Polca. All smugglers and other criminal are often in the docks - easy in and out options in case they need to hide. [5] Criminals in Polca are oddly friendly to their own kind. Unfriendliness is apparently often settled in a 'civilized' manner. As your men are told this, they recall the man mentioning patting his knife, the man behind him hefting his crossbow
4: [6] You arrive at the manor and are seated in a simple waiting area. You're informed that the Lord is in a mood to see visitors, but would like to know what you want first. Strangely, the Guard Captain is already at the manor - a heated debate can be heard from inside Attitude rolls to be used later: [2][2]

William (Ununiformed) and three (Ununiformed) guards, takes a look around town and finds where the major gang headquarters are. Then he Assess(from the outside) the buildings's weaknesses and strengths.

[5] You find the hangouts of the dockside gangs rather easily - brothels and smugglers arent easy to hide. Much of the area is oddly devoid of city guards. [6] Obvious weaknesses are the confines of the areas and lack of real hidden areas. Strengths, to them, are the lack of guards and fact that the gangs themselves seem to respect eachother enough to avoid eachother. [2] Your ability to hide the fact you've been looking around is found wanting, as you're approached on your way out of the docks by a burly man with a scruffy beard.

"Sir, is there some reason ye've been scopin' out the docks?" He seems polite, and mannered, which seems to disturb you.

((Nice writing, bit I've been in Polca since a few actions.))
Find out if the Governor has a daughter. If yes, find out as much as possible about her, else, try to hang around the Palace's kitchen and seduce a lovely maid.
((The ship was intended to be gone at the beginning of the season for Micelus))
[2] The Lord is childless and spouse-less. People think that's why he spends much of his wealth on the city itself (bribes and the like). [5] There's no Palace here, just a large Mansion. The Lord does have his own cook staff who take their breaks out back. [3] You don't see many opportunities that would lend you access to the mansion grounds. [2] Much of the staff rarely leaves, they're roomed in the mansion.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: December 18, 2011, 07:49:02 am »

Name: Azkhael Konj'hirath.

Description: A middle-aged hatcuri male of average stature with a large amount of dark, golden-hued scales and a bony crown of spikes adorning his head. He seems to be wearing a ornamented set of light chainmail, which stretches up to just past his collarbone. The armor is mostly covered by full regalia, gilded gloves, boots, robe and cloak, the later accompanied by a similarly decorated hood which hides his face. Under the hood, attached through a set of chains to the torso stands a black metallic facemask, wreathed by a silvery serpent shaped circlet bearing an empty socket. An engraved gnarled staff rests amidst his right hand, a symbol of mage hood among the Curiates' inhabitants.

Background:

Born to greater nobility, back in the Mainland, Azkhael's upbringing left little to desire, giving him a vast base of knowledge which would serve him well for the rest of his life. His unnatural magical prowess was discovered early in his life by direct relatives, being sent away at the age of fifty, his formal education concluded, to study under the tutelage of a Mage-Lord in the Curates. Inspired by what he'd learnt of the First Emperor's reign and ungodly magical mastery, Azkhael quickly took to his newfound way of life, giving his all to the apprenticeship.

The ordeal contributed heavily strengthen his belief in the Empire's decadence and the necessity of bringing about a new age, marked by arcane supremacy, as the one under which the Hatcur of old prospered. Overall, a result of his eccentric yet powerful mentor's obsession with Ancient Hatcur, a trait which soon came to be shared among the two of them. A century and a half of dedication to The Art would pass before the Mage-Lord would think his apprentice ready to join him in his research on the artifacts of yore as a fellow wizard, granting him an engraved staff which would henceforth serve as symbol of his standing. Yet it was not meant to be, for eight hundred years was too long a life even for a longevous hatcuri as his mentor was.

Only on his deathbed did the Mage-Lord finally part with his greatest secret, lying within a vault deep into the tower's dungeons, protected by scores of spirits, bound to the area through an adjacent ley line. Azkhael, now the tower's sole proprietor, a custom among the more reclusive mages, set to tap into the magical source, slowly altering its guardians' bindings through the years so that he'd be able to claim what was now his by right. Nearly a decade passed, the vault had finally been turned in full, allowing him entrance.

There he found but a map, the fruit of centuries of research, and a richly decorated garment bearing a peculiar circlet, eerily akin to the description of what he knew to be a long lost imperial artifact. The crown bore no magic itself, as far he could determine, yet it stood as a symbol of power within Hatcur, an artifact better left unfound lest a truly worthy emperor, no less no more than a mage, rise to the throne. Upon further inspection, the map had several landmasses outlined, indicating the location where certain items of great renown, mundane and magic alike, were lost...

Most notably, Omat-Ebect, bearing the circlet's image, was crossed out, which meant it had probably been mistakenly placed among the immense amount of gifts granted to the region's nobility in the empire's early days, after which it was somehow retrieved by his mentor. In spite of the innumerous opportunities which lie within the map, what now held Azkhael's attention truly was the circlet's socket, far too pronounced to be a mere engraving. With the item's nature and condition determined, his path was set clearly before him: he'd have the completed crown and the remainder of the lost Crown Jewels, under his possession; Nothing less would do. (...)

Using the resources once availiable to his deceased master and family, now the sole inhertor to both, he manages to determine the missing gem's likey whereabouts, having learnt of an artifact pursued by a now disbanded Holy Order. (...)

Traits:

- Noble

- Hatcuri

- Wizard
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Two figures stand on deck, overlooking the horizon.

"Master, the Captain has informed me of which we should be arriving at Polca shortly. Are you sure of which your absence won't be noticed back at the Capital... Should any of the Imperial retainers find out what you are searching for, the consequences would be grievous!"

"You worry needlessly, Iocaun, all has already been taken care of... I've been planing this voyage for years, no less would acceptable. The High Priest has been... Persuaded... Of which I am on spiritual pilmgrimage and a certain old friend of mine, the Admiral Ponday, will make sure that the appropriate would-be travel comprovants are provided for. More importantly, I've left a steward in charge of the household and granted him a copy of my personal seal, I doubt the Emperor or any of the other nobles will care as long as they can get my vote when trying to pass their whimsical decrees; That decadent court of His is but a waste of my time."

"Very well, Master. Would you have me do anything additional once we've arrived at the destination?"

"Nothing much, just travel southwest, to Vasir, take the guards with you, and use this *throws a small bag towards Iocaun* to set up a base; You will be serving as my sole link to Hatcur for the years to come. Also, I suppose a reminder is in order as  your memory has proved awfully lacking as of late... Should you come in contact with any of our kin, you are to immeadiatly aprehend and interrogate them; Or, should they resist or prove to have any knowledge of my presence, summarily dispose of them. We absolutely cannot risk anyone coming back to Hatcur with news of my expediton. I will retire to my quarters for now, there is much I need to meditate on, do what you will."
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 05:42:20 pm by Azthor »

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: December 19, 2011, 12:31:06 am »

"Business of Hatcur, captain. My associate went and got himself killed...and took my ship with him. I only got it back recently, and that has taken the whole of Spring."

Retycl himself was not truly sure that William was dead...He needed a corpse. Perhaps a letter to the lord of Polca would do?

"I see, so you're the one i was sent to assist. Very well..." He leads you to his quarters and kicks open a chest holdings some supplies. "I was instructed to dump this all off with you. Apparently you have use of some coin and blank letters" The captain shrugs, "Not my place to ask, but it is my place to serve. So for the time being I'm at your command"
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 220