Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231544 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Spring 416a)
« Reply #2055 on: December 12, 2011, 02:01:17 am »

The Crimson Guard is still leaning against the post. She stares for a moment at the two thugs, before looking back over Terryn. She nods her head slightly. She then slides her hands into the pockets of the coat.

"Somewhere like that. Why not?"
She pauses for a awkward moment and one of her hands itches her short-cropped black hair.
"So...uh...Do you have an army or is it just you and your...friends here?"
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 02:04:49 am by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: December 12, 2011, 03:12:47 pm »

Subtly search the warehouse district for any information about Awaria

[6]

You spend the week sneaking around the warehouse district-and you find out that it is overwhelmingly controlled by the Double Noughts. They're everywhere! Information on Awalia isn't hard to find either-she's known as a vicious Hacturi female who has a tendency to kill her opponents with brute force. Tall tales of her martial prowess are common enough-she once punched a Mileth Guardsmen so hard her fist came out through the other side is the popular one.

Some of the Dubs are worried about how many Hactur are rising in the ranks recently-before they were bad jokes, accepted into the gang out of bad humor...now they are threatening to replace Humans, and just as many are willing to work for a Hacturi who can get the job done as anyone else.. You get the feeling it's creating a rift in Dubs collective mentality. Not a split, not yet-but it's building.

As for specific information? Not much. Those who work for her are well cowed. They are trained to listen though-and you are sure your actions were noted..

[3][5]

Awalia hears someone is asking questions-but she doesn't take the threat seriously. Her day to day actions remain unchanged-but she's certainly not going to be letting her guard down anytime soon.

OOC: I didn't know what specific info you wanted, so I guessed. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: December 12, 2011, 04:24:01 pm »

Henry had marched back to Ligoria ahead of the defeated army as fast as humanly possible. He finally entered Talama two weeks before summer, his horse almost dead from exhaustion, and ran to Avitus' office, where he found his master writing at his desk.
He raised his head, and saw the dirty man standing before him.
"Ah, Henry, I was awaiting you way earlier. What news from Mileth?"
"They... We... Were defeated, my Lord. The Ligorian army is marching back to Talama. This battle was messy. The Queen assaulted the enemy General during the pre-battle negotiations, and Marshal Vandire was forced to put him down as his army was breaking the siege. A split almost occurred when he overruled the Queen's orders. Mileth has been freed nonetheless, and the enemy seems to be heading back to the Dragon Empire."
Avitus silently took the blow, quickly sorting through all the possible outcomes of such a defeat. Almost none of them was bright. But maybe there was something to do.
"A very dark future was drawn for this Kingdom during the Siege of Mileth. Thank you, Henry, go rest now, your services are always valuable."

Later that day, after a long, silent walk through the empty streets of Talama, Avitus had finally found a possible advantage to draw from the setback. He returned to his office, where he penned a letter to the leaders of the Storm Coast city states.

To The Vasir Trader's Guild's Guildmaster / The Lord of Galam / The Lord of Shola

Alone, the Kingdom of Ligoria faced the threat of invasion sent to our beloved Storm Coast by the power-hungry Dragon Empire. Alone, we confronted the enemy who had taken the good people of Mileth, our brothers, hostage. Alone, we were defeated. But in this defeat still lies a great honor. The imperial troops were driven out of Mileth and back to their lands. The Storm Coast stood up once again to fight for its independence. The time is not to defiance, the war is over for now, but the Light knows when they will send a more powerful force to crush us. You refused to be involved in the liberation of Mileth, but know you must face your responsibilities as a Leader. We must forge the strongest bonds if we want to contain the power of our most evil neighbors. That is why today we call for a grand military alliance between our nations, and setting aside our pesky quarrels. We are the rightful inhabitants of these lands, and as such, we cannot tolerate any foreign attempt to alienate our freedom.

With hope, Avitus Traianus, regent of Ligoria.

Send this letter to the three aforementioned leaders, calling for a military alliance.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: December 12, 2011, 05:48:07 pm »

Franz wondered if it would be possible to dip the Double Noughts into civil war, thought it would probably make Awalia reinforce her defences. It will still greatly weaken the Double Noughts and it might cause a death to Awalia, if not, then he will see to it.

Find a human Double Noughts boss who's position is dearly wanted by a Hatcuri. Find out the bosses daily routine and his defences.

That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: December 12, 2011, 06:17:30 pm »

The ride so far was uneventful. It dragged on mercilessly, everyone still in their thoughts, but as they approached home, soldiers picked up the talk and became more alive. But not Nikephoros, still deep in his mind.

That monotony was broken up when some soldiers started to speak of stragglers joining up with the main troop. People on a horse and all in ligorian colours.
Well, Nikephoros was curious to see them and know what happened o them. The count was done but it appeared that only the scout unit and few others were lost. Who these people could be?

Have the three latecomers moved up to the Marshal to speak with him.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: December 12, 2011, 06:23:11 pm »

Tala decided to approach Nikephoros first on her horse-hooded, her voice masked for maximum dramatic effect. She wanted to see how long it took for him to notice it was her. She was in fact, quite good at this sort of thing.

"Yes general? You wanted to see me..."

Only a few stray locks of red hair tangled down to betray her playful ruse.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: December 12, 2011, 06:35:20 pm »

(NINJA AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH)

Pasha decided to play along with Tala's ruse by simply staying on the other side of the horse, allowing her cloak to hide him as well.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: December 12, 2011, 07:31:25 pm »

Its Marshal, not general, soldier. Now, tell me, how it did it happen that you got separate.... he turned around to face the latecomers

It could not be. They did not look like any ordinary soldiers, and they did not look like they belonged to any of the units present, save for the... and that posture on the horse. impossible to hide.

Tala? Tala Alanis? Is that you? Nikephoros got off his horse and approached closer. He was utterly confused by that point.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: December 12, 2011, 07:38:50 pm »

Tala took off the hood, revealing a mess of rain soaked apple-red hair, with a practiced flourish. Yes, always make an entrance.

"Marshall, it is I.

I trust you have not held the wake for us yet?"

She smiled, dismounting her horse as well.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: December 12, 2011, 07:45:17 pm »

Pasha grinned and stepped around the side of the horse. "Aye, Marshal Vandire. It's us." He kissed Tala on the side of the head. "If you haven't held the wake I'd prefer a more festive gathering for our return, we have a few things we'd like to announce..." he trailed off, though. Best to let Tala say it first, he thought.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: December 12, 2011, 08:54:01 pm »

I... I am more than happy to see you both alive and with no injuries. A great relief in the midst of the misfortune we have suffered.
His face was a mixture of relief and happiness.
Nikephoros then... hugged Tala, albeit briefly and shook Pasha's hand. Ever since Ara, he wasn't really inclined to openly share emotions with people. It felt slightly awkward, but he was simply happy to see them again.
He then got back on his horse. You are quite right though, no  need to stay out here. if you have any announcemetns to make then let us return home and then we can talk in detail. this is hardly the place for it.

A relief indeed. The defeat was undeniable, but at least he could stop thinking about this situation. He did not doom them as he had imagined. However, once back in the capital, there were other things to attend to..

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: December 12, 2011, 09:15:30 pm »

Tala was also glad-that Nikephoros was not heartless as she had imagined. That made her job easier.

The way she was embraced by him, was not unlike how her father had done-a bit proud and stiff, but willing to endure it all the same. The thought came to Tala that Nikephoros was looking at her in an odd way-it was nothing so base as lust, but more...like he was seeing something familiar to himself, in her and Pasha.

She remounted Emerald, and now Pasha took up his spot behind.

"I think I can contain myself till we reach safer and warmer halls, yes...let's just say I and Pasha have decided to live in the moment, and leave it at that for now."

As Pasha leaned in to kiss her again, a gust of wind and rain blew up, ruffling cloaks and sending those present at odds to the wind. Pasha leaned forward in the saddle, and wrapped his arms around Tala, protecting and warming her. It was a blissful feeling...Ambrosia...what did I do to deserve this, she thought? Of all the women in the world, he chose me, she mused happily.

She still shook free from his tender grip with a small laugh.

"Pasha, hands off you villian...

Ahem, Marshal...our Scout Captain lives as well-he is being borne by a covered stretcher in the rear guard, by Vespius and Veritas. That man is harder to kill than a Udanese War Bear."

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: December 13, 2011, 12:57:25 pm »

The Crimson Guard is still leaning against the post. She stares for a moment at the two thugs, before looking back over Terryn. She nods her head slightly. She then slides her hands into the pockets of the coat.

"Somewhere like that. Why not?"
She pauses for a awkward moment and one of her hands itches her short-cropped black hair.
"So...uh...Do you have an army or is it just you and your...friends here?"
"An army?" Ian laughed, "The Brothers of the Hedge are better than any army, lad."
Terryn rolled his eyes, ignoring for the moment the slip of information as he motioned for the burly man beside him to put his dagger away, before turning back to the guardwoman. "Yes, to both. I claim all of the Thornbred Knights as my friends and brothers." He paused a moment, glancing to the gate guard, before meeting the question in kind: "I assume you are here with others in the service of some Lone Lord. Strange, but not out of the ordinary. How many do you number?"

Either she was a deserter, he reasoned, or else she was really here with some lordling. In the case of the latter, Sir Terryn preferred to learn as much information as quickly as possible. In the case of the former...well, the Knights could always use another capable soldier, and if she had gotten this far on her own she was clearly capable. That would debunk any worries that Lonemine had its eyes on this region, as well.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: December 13, 2011, 07:27:03 pm »

"An army?" Ian laughed, "The Brothers of the Hedge are better than any army, lad."
Terryn rolled his eyes, ignoring for the moment the slip of information as he motioned for the burly man beside him to put his dagger away, before turning back to the guardwoman. "Yes, to both. I claim all of the Thornbred Knights as my friends and brothers." He paused a moment, glancing to the gate guard, before meeting the question in kind: "I assume you are here with others in the service of some Lone Lord. Strange, but not out of the ordinary. How many do you number?"

Either she was a deserter, he reasoned, or else she was really here with some lordling. In the case of the latter, Sir Terryn preferred to learn as much information as quickly as possible. In the case of the former...well, the Knights could always use another capable soldier, and if she had gotten this far on her own she was clearly capable. That would debunk any worries that Lonemine had its eyes on this region, as well.

Before you can say anything, she blurts out her name.
"Sorry, I forgot to mention my name, its Lizzy..."

She ignores your first question.
[5] "Just a regular chapter and some lads and lasses picked up along the way...But those ones ain't trained good. They just been blooded...So your a merc group, right? The lord won't pay you much for anything you do. He doesn't have very much money to pay new mercs...The things my boss had to do to get the tightfisted bastard to hire him would make you laugh."

((A chapter is sixty-five men/women under the control of a Knight or Lord. The Lord makes it evenly sixty six.))
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 07:34:00 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: December 14, 2011, 05:42:01 pm »

The army of Ligoria has stopped for the night-given that most of the men had to leave their tents and kit behind in a hurried retreat, and the rain and wind have seemingly gotten only worse, they have been forced to building rough personal lean-tos and canvas shelters in the shadows of the forest. It will be a cold night-one that will sap the lives of many of the wounded as they lay shivering in the dark, so close to home, yet so far...a few men would even lose hope, having lost so many brothers in battle-walking off into the forest, deserting the army, ignoring all calls by their superiors to stop.

Some of the soldiers will say in years to come they saw beautiful red eyed witches in the woods edge, luring hopeless men to a sweet death in it's shadowed recesses...and the wood itself, would be believed to be a cursed place for hundreds of years to come.

And, near Laythes roughly built tent-which contains the a real bed and a cracked vanity mirror, along with a makeshift table and stools-one of her guards stands at attention until noticed.

"Fine news, my Queen. The Lady Tala Alanis is not dead or captured, as we feared. She and Captain Dolgrouki rode up upon the host not an hour ago, along with Scout Captain Wilheim and her two bodyguards...what's more, she's waiting outside and wishes to speak to you on some matter...what should I tell her?"
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 05:43:58 pm by Dwarmin »

Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 220