Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231679 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Spring 416a)
« Reply #1890 on: December 04, 2011, 10:15:33 am »

"You'll still be able to go more quickly with him on the horse, even if you go slowly enough for him to survive Sir. And I seriously don't think we've got time to bring a doctor and perform field surgery sir, as soon as this man's troops understand what happened, they are likely to come storming around."

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: December 04, 2011, 10:25:14 am »

"Sheb, this man has at least two or three broken bones, probably more. If I move him around too much, one of his ribs might move and pierce something very important. Return to the camp, make sure a doctor will be ready to perform surgery as soon as we get there, and then tell Nikephoros that the negociations did not go well, and that we should expect an attack during the following minutes. That is an order, soldier."

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: December 04, 2011, 10:39:58 am »

Sheb already had his mouth open, ready to object some more, when Sir Thunderblade stare cut him short. Swallowing his pride, he turned around toward the army, still at full speed. Heading for the Marshal's standard, he jumped from his horse, stopping inches from Nikephoros.

"Sir Thunderblade request that a surgeon be ready to take care of the Arctic Fox sir. Her Grace apparently tackled him so violently several of his ribs broke. Sir Thunderblade say we should expect an attack any minute now. I am requesting the authorization to take a squadron of cavalry to shield the Queen and Sir Thunderblade from enemy troops sir."

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: December 04, 2011, 10:59:58 am »

Tala was standing but a few feet away.

She didn't know what stunned her more-the fact Queen has assaulted the Arctic Fox, or the fact Sheb Dimplefeather had actually followed her all the way here. She knew for a fact-by sending her that coat before the invasion-he had not intended to follow the host, until he had decided to follow her.

Tala decided to play it by ear.

"Marshal Nikephoros, I know this man. And I would not trust him with a squadron of your cavalry. Explanation can wait for later."

She summoned her guards.

"In fact...I've got some questions for you, Sir Dimplefeather. Perhaps you will accompany my bodyguards to my tent while this mess is worked out? We'll have a chance to speak later...in private."

This was a bad time for Sheb to show up. Very bad.

Vespius and Veritas moved forward hesitantly to take sheb by the arm-they would only stop for a drawn sword, of an order from Nikephoros.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: December 04, 2011, 01:22:02 pm »

Nikephoros' thinking was cut short as he heard commotion outside. He stepped out to see what is going on.
Suddenly he was approached by a man, most likely one of the troopers:

"Sir Thunderblade request that a surgeon be ready to take care of the Arctic Fox sir. Her Grace apparently tackled him so violently several of his ribs broke. Sir Thunderblade say we should expect an attack any minute now. I am requesting the authorization to take a squadron of cavalry to shield the Queen and Sir Thunderblade from enemy troops sir."

Before Nikephoros was able to answer, Tala appeared and  spoke:
"Marshal Nikephoros, I know this man. And I would not trust him with a squadron of your cavalry. Explanation can wait for later."

She summoned her guards.

Bloody hell... Tala, take this man away and get surgeons ready. Also get your boy and tell him to ready the troops.
Then Nikephoros called out for the cavalry commander. Alaria, take your unit and protect the queen and Kathos.
He then started calling out to captains and telling them to ready the soldiers. The camp was a hive of activity but in a moment.

Send Alaria to protect the queen and Kathos. Put the army on full alert.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 01:35:23 pm by Ardas »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: December 04, 2011, 01:51:22 pm »

In his exaltation, Sheb had not noticed that Tala was standing only a few feet away from the Marshal. I was quite a shock to hear this voice he had last listened to in an expensive coffee shop  back in Talama.

Bloody hell... Tala, take this man away and get surgeons ready.

What?! That's how the old fart treated him? He could understand being dismissed, but he had thrown him to Tala without even giving it a tough. Well, there was no use resisting the Marshal's will.

Drawing his sword, Sheb will stop the bodyguards
"Lady Talanis, please tell your grunt to stand back. If so is His Highness' will (nodding toward Nikephoros) I'll go and wait in your tent, although I'd rather be with my unit until this mess is "worked out". A soldier doesn't leave before the battle. I should also suggest you either keep your bodyguards or move away from what could become the frontline."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: December 04, 2011, 02:11:39 pm »

Pasha draws his sword and dagger as well.

"I recommend you put that blade away. Threatening her bodyguards is the same as threatening Tala and I will not have that." He glanced at Tala. "You know him? That explains why he wanted to join the army." He wanted to ask what her angle on him was, but couldn't. Not out in public. But it didn't seem like he had any political clout to be manipulating... (I assume I'm here since, as said in the OOC thread, he doesn't really have a reason to leave Tala's side yet.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: December 04, 2011, 02:21:40 pm »

Tala covered her face with the palm of her hand.

"By the Gods, you're annoying! Sheb, put away your swords, you idiot! before before one of us cuts you in twain."

She drew her own swords, speaking aside to Pasha.

"Let's take him down. Try not to hurt him..."

She signaled her guards-and by extension, Nikephoros and Pashas guards, who descended on Sheb in a massive horde.

Action: Tala, Pasha and all their guards and the entire army help to disarm Sheb by force and takes him to the stockade if he doesn't go willingly.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: December 04, 2011, 02:28:34 pm »

((So now we're having a duel in front of a whole army gearing up for battle because you want to force me to do what I'm willing to do? Awesome!))

Throw its sword on the ground.
"Damn, you guys are crazy as shit! I think next time I'll let our Queen die by herself, oath or no oath."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: December 04, 2011, 02:33:27 pm »

Nikephoros turned around as he finished giving out orders to the troops. I said surgeons Tala, not guards! And you, Sheb, or whatever your name is, get back to your unit. We will discuss your behavior later. Preferably never. I have enough problems as of now. Now move. Eveyone, to your stations!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: December 04, 2011, 02:40:11 pm »

Despite Nikephoros words, Talas guard were already in position, and reacted at the moment he spoke.

Veritas grins, and steps up and bashes Sheb over the head with the hilt of his sword, knocking the poor boy out.

"Lights out for you." says Vespius, the more witty of the pair, grabbing one arm and lifting him out of the mud.

"Forgive my overzealous protectors, Nikephoros. I'll summon medical support for the boy-and, the general, yes!"

She hurries to find the medics.

The pair take Sheb to the stockade. Vespius finds himself chatting to Veritas as they walk.

"Never seen a man pull a sword on an entire army before."

Vespius nods.

"Really, not a smart move."

Vespius nods.

"Let's hope our boy here can avoid a hanging."

Vespius nods.

"...or, hanging might be a mercy, compared to what the Lady could do to him..."

Vespius nods.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: December 04, 2011, 02:48:21 pm »

Pasha sheathed his weapons. "That was rather daft. The whole camp is already in an uproar over something and he wants to draw his blade on a commander?" He shook his head, then hurried off after Tala. "So, about Sir Dimplefeather..." he started as he caught up to her.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: December 04, 2011, 03:02:08 pm »

Tala sheathed her sword, felt it catch on something, then muttered angrily for a few moments before putting it in. What a day this was turning out to be!

Pasha caught up to her a moment later, so her rapidly building rage was somewhat lessened.

"He was the charming, handsome young man I told you about the day before the March. Apparently also daft-at least, I would hope. I saw him snooping around my tent-an an informed manner. I don't care where he's from, that's suspicious. He might be dangerous-or just a lovestruck fool...I suppose he fell in with the army chasing after me, anyway.

Which isn't all that odd, considering how I am, but there was no need for subterfuge unless he had something else in plan.

Anyway, after this mess is sorted out, I'm going to have a good talk with him about boundries. Either he needs to be hanged, or he needs some tutoring on how to court a lady..."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: December 04, 2011, 03:13:29 pm »

"If he's risking hurting you, I swear..." Pasha said, glancing around to make sure no one was paying attention to them. They weren't. "I ran into him earlier in the march. I assumed he was another peasant wanting to join on and sent him to Sir Thunderblade." He laughed quietly. "If he was really a spy, I should have tried courting him myself. That went well enough the first time." He glanced over at her, then turned his eyes to the ground again. "I suppose I should get ready to lead your men. I'll be with them if you need me."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: December 04, 2011, 03:21:47 pm »

"All right. Good luck, Pasha. Don't let them hurt my army too bad-I know alot of those men personally."

Tala watched Pasha shuffle off. She felt like trying to stop him, as if that made any sense.

She shrugged and continued on.

A few minutes later...

Tala returned to Nikephoros with a group of sawbones in tow.

"I'm sorry Marshal, the Head Doctor for the camp was...intoxicated. I thought it only prudent to summon his second in command to attend."

The bearded Doctor nodded. Holding up his black bag of dubious surgical intentions for reference.

"Ja? Wheres dis patient of ours?"

Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 220