Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231707 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Spring 416a)
« Reply #1845 on: December 03, 2011, 04:35:42 pm »

Pasha was walking around camp when he noticed Vespius and Veritas walk by with purpose. That's odd. Those two always remain close to Tala. I wonder what she's up to. It wouldn't be trying to get a message to whoever the Dragon Empire sent down here...? Maybe I should keep an eye on her, for her own safety. He withdrew into the shadows as he was so used to, and moved about the camp to find her and keep a protective watch on her.

Go stealthy and watch Tala to make sure nothing happens to her.

(This is how you stalk someone: get a +1 bonus to stealth at character creation. XD)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: December 03, 2011, 04:58:38 pm »

Laythe was mulling over her options when the messenger arrived. The messenger was kept at the camp as a prisoner while Laythe considered the next step...

"Send for the Marshal, Baron Thunderblade, and Baroness Alanis and her tactician..."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: December 03, 2011, 05:06:08 pm »

The journey was long, and finally they reached Mileth. For the first time since he arrived in Ligoria, Kathos prepared for a real battle. When he walked out of his tent that morning, he was all in armor. It was a full plate and chainmail armor, made with black steel and decorated with lines of gold. On the plastron was his family’s coat of arms, a sword struck by thunder, all in gold. His helmet gave him a sinister, dangerous look. While he was not taller than the average, he looked like a giant when he was inside his armor. He was quite impressive - one might have said terrifying. It was obviously the objective. He had the Thunderblade at his side, as usual.

He was the first to arrive at the meeting, since he was ready when a messenger told him that the queen wanted to see him. He was in a good mood - the siege was finally beginning.

"Good morning, Your Grace."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: December 03, 2011, 05:08:50 pm »

Tala idly stretched, examining her fine white fingernails (sans gauntlets) while she waited to see if her guards would come back with Sheb in tow. She propped out a hand mirror and examined her face-as good looking as ever-and wondered if Pasha would like to see her hair done this way...no that way. She always wanted to look her best for him, because he was the only one who cared for her. So many voices and faces, so many masks she had worn-Tala mused, that maybe her own desire to be perfect in his eyes was her self trying to be reassured that deep down she remained the same, and no one else.

Hmm...she thought, after this war ended-whenever it did-she would have to be fresh, with new clothes, new hair. Something symbolic, for she was a dramatist at heart, but something that meant something to him, as well-and only him.

Then, the doubts began-not surprisingly with Nikephoros stern, almost toneless voice.

And we don't want him stuffed full of arrows or to be without his head, do we?

No, we don't want that. Not at all. She visibly winced at the thought-at a half glimpsed long, cold future without him, no companionship but a string of selfish, grasping men-each poorer than the last, all in vain to recapture what they had at this moment. The lies and deceits, gathering on her ever so slowly, like poisoned gas in a mine-until her conscience died, or she did.

Surely, the Gods would not be so cruel to her, she prayed...but, the cold voice in the back of her mind said that every wife and lover who had sent a man to war must be praying the same thing-if Pasha had to widow another woman on her account, or die himself and leave her alone (oh so very alone), what side could the Gods take? It begged another thought-what Gods existed that would allow it to come to pass in the first place?

Tala shivered.

..and was shaken by her morbid reverie, by a certain commotion-apparently the camp was rousing itself, finally. Nikephoros had settled, and his orders had begun to firm up the army, which had gotten unfocused during the march, as it often did. The battle to come might be short and bloody-or long and boring. Time to find out which.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Send for the Marshal, Baron Thunderblade, and Baroness Alanis and her tactician..."

'Tala' recieved the message with a nod. 15 minutes later, she walked into the Queens tent with her helmet at her side, alongside Nikephoros, whom she had begun accompanying beforehand and speaking to about strategy.

"Marshal Nikephoros, I've heard the commotion-do you think the enem.."

She fell silent upon seeing the Queen though, opting for a quick bow.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 05:16:03 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: December 03, 2011, 05:23:13 pm »

Nikephors was strolling in the midst of his soldiers, each either with a shovel or a pickaxe, digging and shaping up the earth around the camp and the city. Seeing soldiers at work made him feel at home, and his face showed it, with a half-smile and brimming with self-confidence. Tala was nowhere to be seen: most likely taking care of herself or her baggage. No matter, she agreed to work with him, so she was bound to turn up sooner or later.
His blissful walk was interrupted however, when a messenger informed him of a meeting with the queen. No doubt she wanted to talk about the strategy.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: December 03, 2011, 05:35:16 pm »

After receiving the orders...

Pasha stepped out of the shadows near the Queen's tent, taking off his helmet for the moment. This will only be the second time I've encountered the Queen. I wonder what her plan is. He pushed open the tent flaps and stepped inside, looking among the assembled. "Sir. Lady. Marshal. Your majesty," he said, acknowledging each as he saw them, then waited to see what the Queen had called them there for.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: December 03, 2011, 05:37:42 pm »

Tala had been waiting and sighting Nikephoros from the edge of the Earthworks-not out of a dainty desire to avoid being dirty, but to see how he was among his soldiers. He seemed like one of them.

She had waited, and eventually the messenger gave him the note, and he came up-she was waiting for him. She strolled up.

"Ah, Good morning, Marshal Nikephoros. Well, given whats about to happen, that's most likely a lie, but still.

Let's speak and walk-the Queen summoned us both. Here I was, thinking I would be relegated to book keeping duty...I'd imagine the Queen feels the need to oversee any plans before they are put into action..."

She absorbed what he was saying. Generals and Rulers had a very tenuous relationship, didn't they?

*time skip to earlier post!*
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: December 03, 2011, 05:49:35 pm »

"Right. Earlier we got a messenger from the enemy. Before you ask how's he being treated, we're keeping him locked up until we can send him back, as we can't have him snooping around.

What is of more improtance is the contents of the message. Bastard wants us to move camp so that we can't siege mileth effectively and he wants to negotiate on the middle ground..."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: December 03, 2011, 05:53:21 pm »

Not wanting to be relegated to the foreground among so warlike a company, Tala speaks up first.

"Negotiate his surrender so quickly? It sounds suspicious, to state that obvious insight."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: December 03, 2011, 05:56:46 pm »

As he was walking towards queen's tent, Tala apporached Nikephoros.

"Ah, Good morning, Marshal Nikephoros. Well, given whats about to happen, that's most likely a lie, but still.

Let's speak and walk-the Queen summoned us both. Here I was, thinking I would be relegated to book keeping duty...I'd imagine the Queen feels the need to oversee any plans before they are put into action..."

"Book keeping? Oh no no no, who said anything about that?" He replied with a laugh. "When in battle, you have to be able to think on your feet, do everything at a moment's notice.
As for the queen, plans and strategy: think of chess. Instead of pieces and a chessboard, you have a map and a pen. But I am simplyfying too much perhaps. I wouldn't get to where I am without reading of history and of art of war myself....."

He spoke of these things easily, with a friendly tone of a teacher. She seemed eager to listen and he liked that.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once they got into the tent, the conversation stopped.

"Marshal Nikephoros, I've heard the commotion-do you think the enem.."

Nikephoros turned to the gathered people.
Your Majesty, Baron, Captain.

He then proceeded to listen to the queen.
"My queen, the camp stays where it is. We are not moving by an inch. But he is wise if he wants to negotiate. He does not have an option though. If he wants to talk he will have to come to us. Unless we talk to him in the field. Just me , Your Majesty and him. There is enough space betwwen the walls and our camp for us to safely discuss things without us moving back."
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 06:02:23 pm by Ardas »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: December 03, 2011, 06:03:23 pm »

"Well, if we want to negociate, we will need a middle ground. He will not come near our forces, and we would be foolish to negociate within range of the walls. However, we do not need to move the entire camp. If one of our regiments was to go back a hundred yars, we would have a good middle ground, without placing ourselves in a dangerous position.

I do not believe he will ask for a surrender right now, lady Tala, unless he is truly desperate. He will want to see if we are determined, and he will probably try to evaluate our skills and our weaknesses."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: December 03, 2011, 06:09:21 pm »

Pasha shrugged. "Perhaps you should send his messenger back with a message of our own, asking him what it is he wants to discuss. We should know what the topic is before we agree to any sort of negotiation with him." He looked at Nikephoros. "Also, I would not trust our enemy to agree to coming alone, and I wouldn't place the Queen in such a risk by sending only one man with her - regardless of who that is. Call me paranoid if you'd like, but no war was ever won by taking unnecessary risks."
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 06:11:06 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: December 03, 2011, 06:16:38 pm »

"I agree, General Thunderblade. If we do send a regiment back, he will not be able to judge our forces accurately without them present-even if he has the eyes of a hawk, he will only know how great a force we mustered in the minimum...

We must find the identity of our foe-for, he no doubt knows who we are. Perhaps he will show his face if we show ours."

Tala only blinked once.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naturally, at this moment, A Dragon Empires agent was handing the exact information on Ligorias army-numbers, formations and commanders-to the Arctic Fox. It had been an easy thing, to slip the letter in a water proofed package and toss it in an old, unused well bucket at a specific place on the outskirts of Mileth the night before-he had recovered it early this morning, and made haste to the gates before the Army of Ligoria made camp.

The man smiled, holding out the wrapped note. He made the imperial salute, not entirely aware of the implications here, but only caring to do his job.

"Pentagram sends his regards, General. Eternal Glory to the Dragon Empire."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: December 03, 2011, 06:21:59 pm »

"I think Baron Thunderbalde has the right idea. We should move one of our regiments back and set up a small tent so that we may meet the enmy commander in person."
Then Nikephoros spoke to Pasha. "I am well aware of the risks Captain, your concern is noted. But trust me on this, I know that Arctic Fox will come alone, if we do so ourselves. We aren't blind, its not as if we will allow his bodyguards approach us freely when we will be coming out to parley with him. And next time, do not doubt my intentions, you would do well to keep your paranoia to yourself."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: December 03, 2011, 07:09:02 pm »

"With all due respect, Marshal, you do not strike me as a man who can handle diplomacy. I'm sure your negotiation skills are limited to 'be subjugated or die.' That's hardly a compelling argument. Any man with respect for himself would rather die for his freedom." He put his free hand on his hip, the other holding his helmet loosely. "Of course our bickering is rather meaningless, depending on her majesty's decision..." he said, turning his attention to Queen Laythe.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 220