Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231868 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 415a)
« Reply #1650 on: November 24, 2011, 01:16:18 am »

((Is Dwarmin's temp character still in the tent?))

Retcyl entered the room and smelled the scent of human mating...Why did the Emperor decide to leave that in when he created Elvs? Eh, he had other things to discuss right now.

"Morning William...This is a bit embarrasing, but it seems I need that ducat after all. Seems we do need outside help...But it seems you need something as well. What exactly?"
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: November 24, 2011, 01:24:46 am »

Pasha closed his book for the moment. He'd only read the first two chapters but they were quite lengthy and involving. He didn't realize how much time had passed while he was doing so; it was already noon! He glanced out the window and saw his wild rose still sparing with her combat instructor; no need to bother her yet. It would just get her in trouble and it wasn't the kind of distress it was fun to cause her. He sighed and put the book away. I think I'll walk the grounds and get some fresh air. I haven't taken any time to look around the place. He left the library and headed downstairs to investigate the first floor.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: November 24, 2011, 03:41:21 am »

((Is Dwarmin's temp character still in the tent?))

((She would be gone by then. Well, still there but not present...if you know what I mean ;) ))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: November 24, 2011, 07:45:27 am »

The crisp morning air filled Nikephoros' lungs as he strolled around the barracks, talking to soldiers, sharing a few sips of drink and some warm stew with one or the other group of troopers. He liked the simple life or a mercenary, where you never knew if the next day was to be your last, so you enjoyed youself as much as you could today, in the company of your fellow swords. He remebers taking a pay of several denarii and spending it all with his men on wine and whores in couple of weeks.

Now it was different. The men he talked with and their company made him feel different. Everyone expected to see another day, everyone was prepared to do their duty. Everyone looked at Nikephoros and saw a general first and a trustworthy man second. The burden was part of the job, but he did not imagine it was that important to be seen as the person who was the cause and solution for all things in this kingdom. The commoners seemed to like him, but what about the troops? Where they truly loyal to the crown or were they simply waiting to be released? How much did they truly trusted him? Would they be prepared to march for whatever cause there might be?

This walk-around was supposed to answer this. He intended to be seen as the man they all could depend on and he encouraged all soldiersto speak their mind on all subject and without any repercussions.
What do you think of the war with the Empire? What would you do with the kingdom? what you want to do after the army? do you want to stay for longer service?....
He asked and teased and listened. Nikephoros had to knew to know the mind of the troops he was to lead if he was to trust them in return.

Interact with the soldiers. gather opinions, listen to their needs. Gauge their loyalty towards me and the Crown.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: November 24, 2011, 02:10:08 pm »

William nodded and gestured to a chest in the corner.
“Oh okay. Here.”

William smiled faintly.
"Huh? Oh yes, I need to borrow a boat. It seems that we need money to fund our little venture here, and besides asking your empire for more help and more money, and being a merc- which wouldn't pay much till a few years - that it seems we are left with little option. It seems that me and my men must resort to more- shall we say- aggressive means to gain some gold. I, this autumn was it? Seems so long ago…Well this autumn I met with some nobles and arranged to buy out their lands for the good of Ligoria. I plan on “speaking“ with these nobles and arranging for some money to be delivered...And I need a boat to make good my deliverance and escape back to this island, or just the money to make it back to this island, if you don‘t wish to speak or meet with me after this.”
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: November 24, 2011, 03:06:16 pm »

"Yes...Well better us than the Dragon Empire or Ligoria...I'll lend you my ship for now...And I would like to see you after this. I do believe you won't be back till spring, and by then I'll have some news..."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: November 24, 2011, 03:22:21 pm »

Tala was fighting ferociously. She had been doing better today-and Simon had turned up the intensity of training to match. She didn't know how anyone could move that fast..and he never shut up! He just kept talking!

*ding, sprang*

"I'm not breaking a sweat here, sweetie. Stop holding back."

*tang, dang, ka-clang*

"You're fighting too sloppy-no finesse, no skill-just desperation. Like a Prostitute with a knife, almost. Speaking of which..."

*tang, tang, ding*

"Do you really think that boyfriend of yours is going to stick around once he has enough of your body? Honey, he's already got one foot at the door. You cant hold on to a man if you can't give up the goods...and you're not getting any younger."

*ping, dang, dang, ding, clang*

"There's some real anger! It makes you unfocused, though. I could have had you right there. And there. Why am I wasting time on you, again?"

At that point, Tala lost ger temper completely, and tried a desperate overhead stroke-that was easily parried, and her sword was sent flying from her hand a moment later.

Simon grimaced-he used the hilt to knock her down on the ground-a hard lesson. To the untrained, his constant mockery and abuse was a sign of immaturity, but it was in a fact, measured psychological warfare. He used a make or break approach on his trainees, and more than often, those who were strong tended to rise to the top.

He stuck out a hand to help her up, saying.

"You're dead, Alanis. They killed you. All that beauty, all that strength-gone to waste because you lost your temper. The world is a pretty boring place without you, now. Is that what you want?"

In truth, Simon was so tough on her because he feared that exact thing. Like most men who lived through raw passion instead of cold logic, he was attracted to her-a potent combination of that strength and beauty that was so intoxicating to him...even if that Pasha fellow has taken claim of her heart, so it seemed, he could always hope.

He had vowed to himself to train her harder than anyone else he ever had. Partially for himself and his own code of honor-but mostly for her. She needed to be ready for anything.

"We're done for today, Alanis. Same time tomorrow."

Simon had a thought she had never looked more beautiful than she was when bruised, sweating, bleeding...and so very alive.

Tala found Pasha on the grounds not a while later. She was a little better ordered-having spent some time trying to pretty herself up for him-but the marks of recent combat were still glaringly visible. Tala tried not to show it, but she was walking a bit slower, breathing a bit harder.

He was sitting on one of the benches. Tala sat down beside him, resting her head on his shoulder. Big strapping shoulders, yes. Very good for leaning on, grasping, holding onto for support when they...

"Your Wild Rose has had enough of her petals throughly plucked enough for today, wouldn't you say? Simon certainly doesn't hold back. You shouldn't blame him though, Pasha-It's what I'm paying him for. I want to be strong for you. I hope my beauty has not been so tarnished you mistook me for a overly touchy footpad."

She tried to laugh and breathed sharply as something settled wrong. Ow.

"Mmm, that stings...

Well, you must already know, but you and I need to visit the capital soon-and you'll get to meet the Queen, of course. You were always good with first impressions, but this is a woman I believe is beyond even your romantic skills. But, she'll trust you-or more likely ignore you, as she often does most people.

...and, Yes, we'll have to be more careful in the city...but, that's always made things more exciting between us. Remember that one time-in the barrel...or the confessional booth...the locked chest..."

Tala chuckled sweetly, nuzzling him. It was amazing what Pasha could do in such confined spaces!

"Anyway, business aside...what were you looking for out here? If you were looking for a private spot, I can show you some interesting places...where no one will bother us."

Tala smiled, merely enjoying Pashas presence, and the silence that stretched between her and him, for the moment.

Action: Arrange a meeting with the Queen-introduce Pasha Dolgorouki, my new tactician.

((OOC: That's my last official action for the season, too.))
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 03:24:11 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: November 24, 2011, 03:27:04 pm »

"Hmm...alright then. Well, I must prepare to leave then, I'll leave my tent and my belongings, as well as my men's belongings here, and few guards to guard them..."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: November 24, 2011, 03:50:00 pm »

"Yes, yes...Hopefully you'll get out alive. Goodbye, William." Retcyl leaves the tent for a game of cyrass with his scribe.

Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 04:03:14 pm by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: November 24, 2011, 04:01:43 pm »

William watched the Hatcur go and then headed out and began directing the events.
Make sail for any unclaimed ports or major markets that are acessible by sea around the coast, try not to sail to far. Bring my regiment along. Have the ship fly no colors and take down any decorative banners. Be on the lookout for merchant vessels along the way.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 01:06:16 am by filiusenox »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: November 24, 2011, 04:22:26 pm »

"At this moment, five royal regiments, Nikepheros', yours and Talas. This puts us on equal numbers with them. Our regiments are far stronget than theirs on average though.

And if the dragon empire does not want their general, we can let them regret that later. I do have a feeling that he will be smart enough to negotiate with us, considering our superior military might..."

"We will see, I guess... I also heard that you were going to fight with our soldiers, if we need to fight. While some would not deem it wise, I think it's not a bad idea. If you join our strongest regiment, it will have a powerful effect on the enemy moral. Most soldiers will not want to stand against the best troops of our kingdom, lead by our queen... Could be very useful to break the enemy lines."

He hoped that he was not too obvious.

"One last thing... The general and I noticed that there were quite a few gangs in the streets, and some smugglers in the port. We thought a few operations in the streets could help the city's well-being - nothing really major, only something to remind the city's criminals how we deal with men breaking the laws in Talama. I wanted to ask if we had the autorisation to bring in a regiment or two to deal with them."

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: November 24, 2011, 04:22:52 pm »

Gregor leaves to Receive payment he then returns to the Bar looking for another job. He also sees How much the boat will sell for.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: November 24, 2011, 04:29:44 pm »

Pasha was lost in thought, noting the dead trees of winter and wondering how the place must have looked just last season, when the leaves were red and green... like Tala. He sighed. And here he had foolishly thought he could control himself around her. It was years ago that they had met, and he was young and brash and thought he could get any woman he wanted whenever he wanted... and when he had first saw her there in Dalannor, dancing with a nobleman, he had wanted her. He didn't know then, of course, that the man she was dancing with was her primary target as a spy, or that she had a list she was working her way along. She had resisted his every advance... and maybe it was because she had denied him so harshly that he had gotten so worked up about her and retired early - alone, for once.

The festival had lasted for an entire month and on the first seven days she was with a different man... but never him, no matter how he tried to ply her. Aged Dalannor wine, bouquets of the finest roses and orchids, silken scarves of the highest quality... she would take it all and give him a broad smile to warm his heart and a giggle that was less a promise and more a cruel tease, and he was, for once in his life, completely lost. He was so frustrated and confused that he was on the verge of tearing his hair out, and he found himself confiding in a stranger - Matthew Turin. Obviously in retrospect Matthew had known he was a fairly important man in court and had relayed the information to Tala, and had only approached Pasha to figure out what he wanted and see if he would be a threat to her mission.

Pasha smiled to himself. He was sure Matthew was now regretting his suggestion that she take advantage of him. For his own part, he had been pleasantly surprised when on the ninth day, as he sat alone on a park bench forlornly throwing crumbs to birds, she sat down next to him and asked him with a teasing tone what had happened to the stream of gifts. He didn't remember what he had said in response; he was too surprised and, oddly enough, nervous to really answer her question. She had dragged him back to the festivities; he couldn't remember much of that day. It was all a blur, lost in her sparkling emerald eyes.

He wondered when it was he had actually fallen in love with her. Was it before, when she was brushing him off at every turn? Was it that day in the park? Was it, perhaps, when he discovered who she was and made the decision to not take advantage of the knowledge? Probably then. They had already slept together before then, so he was at least grateful to think she hadn't bedded him just to make him stay quiet. Pasha rested his chin on his hands. It was the day after he found out that Matthew tried to kill him the first time. Maybe he knew his ward better than she thought and had seen signs that she was starting to love him back... and so came the assassins.

Did she love him back? He thought so. If she hadn't back then, then he was sure she did now. For someone who lived in the shadows and always had to be on her guard for a knife in the back, she seemed very comfortable in his presence, and he was happy to provide her that. He would give her anything in his power, if she asked. And while he was thinking of her, she suddenly appeared. A little banged up from her training, but beautiful all the same as she sat beside him and rested her head on his shoulder, filling his nose with the scent of her soft hair. He reached over and took her hand gently.

"Your Wild Rose has had enough of her petals throughly plucked enough for today, wouldn't you say? Simon certainly doesn't hold back. You shouldn't blame him though, Pasha-It's what I'm paying him for. I want to be strong for you. I hope my beauty has not been so tarnished you mistook me for a overly touchy footpad." He slid his nearer arm around her shoulders. "Good, because if you weren't I would feed him his hands." He smiled down at her. "If every footpad were as lovely as you, Tala, their victims would be much happier for the encounter."

"Mmm, that stings... Well, you must already know, but you and I need to visit the capital soon-and you'll get to meet the Queen, of course. You were always good with first impressions, but this is a woman I believe is beyond even your romantic skills. But, she'll trust you-or more likely ignore you, as she often does most people. ...and, Yes, we'll have to be more careful in the city...but, that's always made things more exciting between us. Remember that one time-in the barrel...or the confessional booth...the locked chest..."

"Why would I want to romance the Queen when I have you with me already?" Pasha asked with a grin, squeezing her hand. "Don't worry yourself. I'll be on my best behavior around her majesty." When she brought up some fond memories, he had to laugh. "Let's... not try a barrel or chest again." The barrel hadn't been as bad in terms of movement, but someone had tried to get some wine out of it while they were in it. Luckily Tala had thought fast and had had a bottle of wine actually with her in the first place... and as for the chest, that was cramped. He'd suffered muscle aches in his back and shoulders for almost a month afterward. "A confession booth might be fun though... just to shake up the priests a bit. Or maybe a dark, cramped alley."

"Anyway, business aside...what were you looking for out here? If you were looking for a private spot, I can show you some interesting places...where no one will bother us." Pasha considered her words. "I wouldn't mind seeing some of those places later, but I was just taking a look around the place to get used to it. I imagine I'm going to be here for a long time and I don't want to get lost." He smiled down at her and kissed a bruise just over her left eye. "My poor wild rose rose. Let me carry you back to the house; you could do with a hot bath to ease those stings. We can see the Queen tomorrow." Without waiting for her response, he stood and swept her up, supporting her under the shoulders with one arm and under the thighs with the other.

Action: Be introduced to Queen Laythe at the audience Tala is arranging.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 04:39:46 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: November 24, 2011, 05:04:05 pm »

Kathos:
"I had already planned to join Alaria's unit. It would take a signifigant amount of the enemies strength to even do much to them.

As for the gangs, I already have the one regiment assigned to that task. I can probably assign more after we deal with the DE though..."

Tala & Pasha:
"Ah, Tala, good to see you. And I assume the man you're with is someone you wanted to introduce me to?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: November 24, 2011, 05:53:14 pm »

'Tala' made sure to reward Pashas attempt to carry her like a swooning maiden with half a dozen friendly jabs-followed by a full dozen light kisses-but he didn't drop her (and he never would, she thought poignantly). She was reminded how strong he was-and, in comparison, how gentle was with her.

Her wounds didn't bother her much at all that night.

Later...

Tala was careful to show none of her former fondness for Pasha in the Queens throne room. Not that it would be hard to fashion rumors, but she liked to keep everyone guessing. In any case it built a certain...romantic tension, that made the eventual release all the more sweet.

"Yes, my Queen.

This man is Pasha Dolgorouki-an expert military strategist and...a very old friend of my mine.

I've hired him to command my forces in this upcoming battle, and more to come.

As for reference, He's served under numerous commanders in the Storm Coast-Generals Julian Pyre, Vander Don Wells, Jonathan Allworthy...and Lord Marlax to name the greatest few."

She hesitated at the last one. For the most part, Pasha has served under generals with good names for astounding victories against amazing odds and generosity in victory-but he had always hesitated to speak of his time under Lord Marlax. Tala did not pry into that box of horrors. She knew enough from the intelligence reports.

"In every case, he has received numerous accolades and merits for bravery from his commanders, which I have collected here in writing for the Queens perusal, naturally.

I will now allow Commander Dolgorouki to speak on his own behalf. I can say with no hesitation, Queen Laythe-I completely trust this man with my life. I can offer no higher praise.

I merely ask of you, for him to receive the full hospitality and respect of Ligoria, as my honored guest."

With that, she backed away, allowing Pasha to step up...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 05:55:32 pm by Dwarmin »

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 220