Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231866 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 415a)
« Reply #1635 on: November 23, 2011, 11:43:44 am »

"You know, its not polite to leave without saying goodbye, love?"

Chironas starts at the sound of Williams voice, then relaxes. She crosses the room in a half dressed state, and sits down beside him. She runs a hand through his hair.

"It would have been easier for both of us that way, William-no goodbyes, no regrets, just the memory.

But, since you got me...I'll see you again tonight. Maybe tomorrow as well. Until you don't manage to catch me. Deal?"

The look in her eyes betrays her feelings. William gets the feeling she won't be trying very hard at all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Two days later...

Tala saw Pasha in the window far above her-reading that book she had 'acquired' for him. Which was to say, stolen-she had arranged for the books 'destruction', during the library fire in the kingdom some time ago, and it had found it's way into her own library

She was almost completely distracted when her trainers sword came down at her. She barely deflected it.

Simon sniggered. He was a bit of a hothead, but he was also very good at what he did. He didn't work for cheap, but he did work discreetly...and she had made sure was her personal sword training instructor now, when he was on combat leave, anyway.

"Distracted by your boyfriend, Alanis? I almost took your pretty head off there. Tsk...tsk. "

They moved to clash again, Tala most assuredly not looking up at Pasha. Simon really would take her head off if she did that again.

"I bet I could show you some things, Alanis. Maybe once I kick your ass again, I can show you how a real man d.. *oof* "

She had landed a solid blow on Simons forehead, bringing a small trickle of blood to it, and interrupting his attempt to throw her concentration off.

"Eyes on the prize, darling." Tala said, chuckling. Simon, ever the good sport, joined in.

Distracted as she was by the two men, she didn't see Matthew in the darkened passage underneath the wall, watching her with fists clenched.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: November 23, 2011, 12:29:43 pm »

William gives her a short kiss.
"Deal. I'll be leaving this "lovely" tropical paradise, eithier today or tommorow...Will you be able to find a place on the boat?"
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: November 23, 2011, 12:39:15 pm »

The woman nodded and grinned. The grin of a predator that was eager to begin hunting once again.

"You've never been able to get away from me for long, William. I'll be on the boat-maybe as your soldier, or one of the crew. You won't see me-unless I've completely lost my skills-but I'll be there."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: November 23, 2011, 12:53:11 pm »

"Hmm...alright. I have something for you, for getting second place in the tournament..."
William gets up, quickly gets dressed and then rummages around in his trunk, before finally pulling out a large blood red ruby cut into the shape of a rose, set in gold and hooked onto a length of silver chain. He holds it up so the light can reflect off of the gemstone.
"Does your order or your own self control, forbid jewellery? Or would you prefer something more useful?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: November 23, 2011, 01:17:08 pm »

"If it comes from you, it's good enough for me."

Chironas smiles, takes the chain and hangs it around her neck-the red gem settles on her exposed chest quite nicely, as if it was meant to be there. She knew full well wearing a mans jewelery meant he had 'claimed' you, in every sense of the word, but she did not quite care-William would likely grow bored of her body (not that she wouldn't try her best to forstall that), long before she was ready, and it was good she would have something to remember him by-especially if he met his own tragic end...something that had happened a depressing number of times in the chronicles, but she didn't want to tell him that.

She silently rose again, and finished dressing-slowly, taking her time for Williams benefit, of course.

Then, without a word, she slid out of the tent-and in a moment, was vanished into the crowd of soldiers and workers. Almost as if she had never been there.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: November 23, 2011, 01:47:24 pm »

He watched her leave with a rueful smile.
...Tonight...
William stretched, then winced visibly, he sat back down on the bed and frowned to himself.
...Ow. why does my whole body hurt...oh right...

William got off of the bed where he was sitting and slipped his leather and chainmail armor on, and strapped his blade to his side. The next thirteen minutes were filled with William hiding various sharp daggers and knives. Finally he looked in the brass mirror, messed with his hair a bit, and then left the tent.
Arrange a meeting with Rectyl.((No need for a roll))
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 01:49:50 pm by filiusenox »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: November 23, 2011, 06:41:08 pm »

Kathos said goodbye to the general and the politican, and he left the room. It had been a good first meeting, and now he had some work to do. He was going to have a chat with the queen, soon.

Leave the meeting, and ask for an audiance with the queen a few days later.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: November 23, 2011, 06:50:16 pm »

Kathos is ushered through the throne room into the room that he last saw the queen, the inner circle's chamber, with a different selection of beverages under the table.

"What is it that you wanted Kathos?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: November 23, 2011, 08:34:18 pm »

Tell the captain that he must sell most of the narcotics he may acquire to the Bleeding Fists in Ligoria and that he must tell Retcyl which countries he has contacts in; only to keep them safe of course.

[2] He's highly skeptical of your actions and requests. [4] He agrees if for nothing more than to get away from your 'associate'. [4] He'll meet with you again at the beginning of Spring with a list of what contacts he has and where.

Try to get a spy to contact me, I'll be waiting for him at the Robber's Flask.

((If i remember correctly this was the original post))

[2] You try to find someone that might have an idea of how to locate a person of certain spy-like talents. [2] Most people you speak to think you're nuts for asking for such things inside Talama. [4] Eventually you hear of a 'gang' in the city that might have what you're looking for. You're pointed in the general direction of slums they control.

Ite tries designing a simpler gun with interchangeable parts again.

[1] Your ability to make the device simpler seems to always end at making a 'hand-cannon' of sorts. [3] You're sure you'll get it eventually, [1] just not today. [4] You're pretty sure that you could acquire the materials needed to make a prototype of any design you manage to create.

Study Tactics.

[4] You start reading the book and pick up tips about how not to die.

Tactical Leadership: 1 [20/100]
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 09:50:14 pm by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: November 23, 2011, 09:21:31 pm »

Pasha finished the first chapter of the book and his apple at roughly the same time, setting the core aside. I wonder how Tala's doing. He could have stayed in bed forever but she'd thrown him out since she had actual business to attend to, namely sessions with a trainer to teach her how to fight. "I knew someone had been teaching her how to punch," he said to himself, shaking his head. It looked like she was doing well at the moment; maybe if he had time later on he could ask the man how to improve his own technique.

For now, Tala wanted him to lead her forces, and knowing where to position them and what to have them do on the battlefield was more important than his own prowess in close combat. He forced himself to stop watching her with a sigh and turned his eyes back to his book. It was an interesting read, he'd give it that. There was little doubt that it had been written by Rainor himself, but if it wasn't it must have been by someone who had stood by him the entire time he had campaigned. He had already picked up a few interesting tidbits.

Continue my studies.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: November 23, 2011, 09:41:35 pm »

"I wanted to talk about the situation in Mileth. I had a little chat with the General Nikephoros - I wanted to see if he was a good officer, and now I know he is - and we both agree that trying to take Mileth by force would not be very... Wise. We could do it, of course - but we feared that we would have no support from the population, since Mileth was taken without any important bloodshed. Making an agreement with the enemy general would probably be the best choice - but I have the impression that he will not want an agreement. I don't think a general sent into enemy territory with only eight regiments and no other support is important for the Dragon Empire... And I think that this general is smart enough to know that, since he was smart enough to take Mileth without loosing a man."

He paused for a few seconds.

"And that leads us to a problem... The Dragon Empire does not want this general, the general will probably know it... I fear he will not want to return to his lands. I think we will need to fight to take the city, since surrender is probably not an option for our enemy. I have been thinking about a way to take the city without loosing the support of the masses, but before I can present it to the general, I need to know a few things. About how many regiments are we going to have for the siege of the city?"

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: November 23, 2011, 09:44:39 pm »

Continue my studies.

[3/3/4/2] +30 total
You've finished a good chunk of the book over the season. Leading you to believe that your odds of a quick and embarrassing death have lessened. You just hope the knowledge gained sticks.

Tactical Leadership: 1 [50/100]
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 09:47:52 pm by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: November 23, 2011, 09:55:14 pm »

"At this moment, five royal regiments, Nikepheros', yours and Talas. This puts us on equal numbers with them. Our regiments are far stronget than theirs on average though.

And if the dragon empire does not want their general, we can let them regret that later. I do have a feeling that he will be smart enough to negotiate with us, considering our superior military might..."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: November 23, 2011, 11:05:15 pm »

Good good, now to start construction on other things...Course Retcyl would need to talk to William first...Later, maybe.

The day after the Tournament...

Retcyl walked into the Crimson Guard Camp and went straight for William's tent. He had never heard of the Crimson Guard till William came to Ligoria...Something he should ask about eventually. As Retcyl neared the entrance of the tent of the Elv, he stopped and said to the guardsmen, "I wish to talk to your lord."
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 12:50:44 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: November 24, 2011, 01:03:57 am »

"Lord William gave express-"
William walked out of the tent with a vacant look on his face and almost bumped into Rectyl.
"Ah, Rectyl, just the Hatcur I wanted to see, come in. No need to search him." the last part was mostly to his guards.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 220