Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231882 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 415a)
« Reply #1605 on: November 22, 2011, 12:59:55 pm »

The day before the tournament:
William's hand twitched toward the sword at his side as he watched Thomas work. His hand tapped against the hilt.
"Interesting...very...interesting..."
He remains silent for a full minute.
"I really don't know what to say. That's a very interesting talent, can you do it at any time."

After the tournament:
William's body tensed for a moment as he read, then slowly relaxed.
Oh shit...and oh my.
He removed the helmet and let it drop into the sand near the post, then gave a small bow to the woman, a little grin flitted across his face.
"Very nice to meet you, Madami...?"
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: November 22, 2011, 01:05:16 pm »

"I can do it whenever I like, but it doesn't always go quite so well. Back when I was in Vasir, I may have slightly exploded a house and possibly the people inside, but it was a complete accident. I ended up having to run away afterwards." Thomas waited to gauge William's reaction.
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: November 22, 2011, 01:24:55 pm »

The day before the tournament:
William recongnized that tone of voice and replied jovially, more happier then he really felt.
"Well, I guess we won't be going to Vasir then, are we?"

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: November 22, 2011, 01:41:42 pm »

"As long as you keep me well-protected, I won't have any quarrels."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: November 22, 2011, 01:47:27 pm »

"Aye. Did you get comfortable here?"

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: November 22, 2011, 01:52:47 pm »

"Yes, sir. My lodging is fairly nice -- not as nice as Vale, but I can't complain."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: November 22, 2011, 01:55:13 pm »

"Hmm...How long will it take you to pack?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: November 22, 2011, 02:55:33 pm »

After the tournament:
William's body tensed for a moment as he read, then slowly relaxed.
Oh shit...and oh my.
He removed the helmet and let it drop into the sand near the post, then gave a small bow to the woman, a little grin flitted across his face.
"Very nice to meet you, Madami...?"

"You can call me Chriona. Or whatever you wish, for my name matters little in the grand scheme of things.

You will find I know you better than any other woman, William-in all ways, except for one more we might attend to tonight."

The woman smiles gently.

"For, I have been following, and watching for longer than you know. You will have questions now, for that is your way, and I know my life is in your hands, so I will not lie to you. Maybe we could talk somewhere more private, though?

After you check me for weapons, naturally-You've had your share of assassins, both fair and foul. I would know. I saw you fight them off, more often than not."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wild Rose, that was he had called her, wasn't it? She waved her hand in front of her , as if fanning an overheated bodice, and spoke in the ridiculous romantic tone she sometimes used when she was being silly.

"Oh, Noble Pasha, how dothest you make a ladies heart all a-flutter so easily?"

She smiled. Why doesn't he just kiss me already, she thought? And...alas, the moment passed-he settled for a caress. Maybe that was for the best, right now.

"Anyway...I'm glad to see your sense of romance has not been diminished by the years. You are as I remember, but they say age makes one much less impetuous, but slightly wiser."

Tala smiled, shrugged and placed the white rose delicately in her hair-it probably looked quite fetching up there, a splash of pure white in a sea of dark red hair, which was no doubt the effect he had intended.

She had noticed a few fresh thorn pricks on Pashas fingers as he brushed her face and was inflicted with a certain sense of awe. It was such a small thing, that he dared such stings on her behalf, but it really did mean something to her.

There it was again. A moment she had caught him looking at her in that certain way, that almost made her afraid. He often did so when he was holding back just the slightest amount-trying to not get too close. When he was that way, his eyes were already tilting toward the Horizon, and the next port town, and the next woman. She knew who he was-he would love the next one as much as he did the last, and there was nothing wrong about it-but naturally Tala wanted to believe there was something more between them, foolish idea or no.

The question wasn't if she wanted him or not-that was a definite yes-it was if she could bear to keep him. Pasha was like her-if he wasn't moving, he was dead. Ahh, but then suppose they did cling together? What then? A certain cold shiver ran through Talas spine, leaving her wondering if there would be anything beyond the romance brought on by shared danger and time long spent apart. Were these the merely the first cold thoughts that age brought with it? If so, she would prefer to die young, thank you very much.

Tala put her left hand on Pashas chest and sighed a little slower and deeper. As much as she hated it, there was business to speak of, and they might as well get it out of the way. Her tone was more cold and businesslike now, and it depressed her how fast she managed it.

"Business, business...yes, in fact. I'm sure you've heard of the trouble in Mileth-an invasion and everything. Well, I'm not quite sure how things are going to turn out. I need someone-like you-to give my soldiers a fighting chance when we deal with the problem this Spring. Given the alternative is cedeing control of them to General Nikephoros...I would rather have you as my Commander, Pasha.

Frankly, I could also use an ally here. Someone to trust. I merely hope age has not diminshed your cunning...or your other attributes..."
She finished slyly.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 02:59:49 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: November 22, 2011, 03:20:37 pm »

((You just mind-raped poor Will.))
...I seriously hope she did not hear that shitty one-liner I said after I threw that one into the furnace...

The guard were used to seeing William composed, icy, unable to be surprised even though he really was , otherwise unfathomable. None of them knew what went on in his head, for he could cover his thoughts with falsehoods that even he thought were true. They knew he was basically a creature of instinct and rage. So naturally they were surprised to see him staring at the woman with a shocked look. But he recovered rather quickly.

"Ermm...Of course..."

He gestured towards a large and ornate tent near the constructed barracks, before walking towards it himself. The woman received a brief pat-down by a female Crimson Guard member and then was allowed into the tent. When she entered William was leaning against the main support beam, his armor was hastily thrown into a pile. He was wearing his regular armor now, the armor he felt comfortable in.

"So exactly how long have you been watching me? And what's the reason?"
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 03:27:36 pm by filiusenox »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: November 22, 2011, 03:32:43 pm »

"If I were to say I didn't try to do so I would be lying, so I will speak truthfully instead. There are very few ladies whose hearts I am grateful to set aflutter," Pasha responded. She noted his sense of romance hadn't been dulled since they had last seen each other, and he gave her a low bow on a knee - part acknowledgment of her teasing now and earlier, part returning it in kind, and part because he was thanking her for the compliment. He had just gotten to his feet when she put her hand to his chest, and he hoped she didn't notice his heart beating harder at her touch. Her next words were in a tone he had come to know well; quiet and cold, the voice she used when she was speaking seriously and didn't wish to be overheard.

"Business, business...yes, in fact. I'm sure you've heard of the trouble in Mileth-an invasion and everything. Well, I'm not quite sure how things are going to turn out. I need someone-like you-to give my soldiers a fighting chance when we deal with the problem this Spring. Given the alternative is ceding control of them to General Nikephoros...I would rather have you as my Commander, Pasha." He was about to try and lighten the mood with an absurd comment like 'I knew you only wanted me for my mind' when she continued on, "frankly, I could also use an ally here. Someone to trust. I merely hope age has not diminished your cunning...or your other attributes."

He turned away for a moment and hooked his thumbs in his belt. "Tala, you know I would be anything you ask of me. Your ally, your commander, your friend, your companion..." Pasha turned to face her once again. "I would be honored to lead soldiers under your colors." The small grin he usually bore returned, wiping the previous seriousness from his features. He had a few things he could say but he didn't want to embarrass her with a crude comment that might be overheard by a passing maid. "It's about time you have a banner to fly, anyway. You're brilliant but I think a position near royalty better suits your talents." The tactician resumed his comfortable posture against the wall, leaning a shoulder against it with his weight on his right leg and his left foot crossed in front.

"I suppose I'll have to meet this General Nikephoros... but that can wait. Right now I don't want to see anybody but you." He chuckled. "Well, maybe I can tolerate your servants. I'm sure you chose them well." He gestured at the rest of the library. "So... did I interrupt anything important? Or do you have time a foot massage and maybe some reminiscing?" he asked. Please say yes... he thought, wanting an excuse to touch her again - an excuse that would at the very least maintain her propriety - even if it led to nothing and he didn't feel his stories would be that interesting compared to the tale of how she had managed to acquire a place in Ligoria's court.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: November 22, 2011, 04:21:31 pm »

To William, before the tournament:
"Pack? I don't imagine it would take long at all. I'd only need a small pack to carry some clothes and food, and then my candle. I've grown quite partial to holding on to it as often as I can."
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 04:57:54 pm by Fanofgaming »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: November 22, 2011, 04:35:32 pm »

"Ah, good. We leave the day after the Tournament, if I can talk that l- Rectyl into lending us a boat for a bit..."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: November 22, 2011, 07:27:06 pm »

In Williams Tent...

Chironas removes her armor delicately-underneath, she wears but a simple tunic, seemingly unafraid of being unarmored in front of William in the slightest. William can make out a number of strange tattooed marks on her neck and back-sequences of numbers and letters, shapes...

"You probably do not remember the girl watching you in the crowd that day, but I first saw you at your knighthood ceremony. So very handsome you were-I believe I knew then, but I had to be sure.

So, I followed you-almost always at a distance, sometimes switching with other agents of my order, but I could never be apart from you for long. I was always writing your story. If you think back, you might find I was with you many times, though in different guises and faces.

For, I serve that order, William-we call ourselves the Chroniclers. We collect stories over our lifetimes, and we tell them to the world, truthfully. Only certain people receive this honor and all too often they are unaware of us-they are the people that can change the world, for better..or for worse.

We decided long ago that you could be one of those people. Every day of your life since I met you, has been written. The name of every lover you enjoyed. Every battle you ever fought-time, place, tactics and how many men you lost. Every Crime you ever commited, the name of every person whose life you made better, even unintentionally. You would be surprised how many.

I have devoted my life to shaping your legend, William. Do you think me mad, that I should value you so? Many of my order have questioned by my dedication, in truth. But I have faith in you. And, as they say...Faith is the first step to Godhood."

The woman pauses for a moment, looking closely, obviously looking to catch every subtle reaction of William. For the Chronicle, of course. All for the chronicle.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She supposed books could wait...the things this man could do with his hands, she thought.

Tala purred like a cat, arching her hand around Pashas neck-reaching for the spot in the back he liked her to touch-she wanted his eyes to lose that dreaming quality, and be only for her-right now, only for her and no one else. I was always so selfish when it came to you, Pasha, she thought hungrily. Tala licked her lips, as if thirsty and spoke again, her voice temporarily losing that coldness, thankfully.

"I am not so much a bibliophile I would ever turn you down, Pasha. Especially not one of your foot massages...I believe we might be able to find a nice spot if we are..."

It was at that moment, Matthew Turin stepped into the library with a nasty 'gotcha' grin on his face, and the couple was parted with unseemly speed. This man was, for all intents and purposes, Tala's boss-her Handler. In the game of spies, it was safe to say there was always someone keeping an eye on you.

Matthew kept on eye on Tala. Physically, he was completely unremarkable for a man in his early 30's-except for being almost seven feet all, a beast with an iron grip and the smile of a shark. For almost as long as Tala had known Pasha, Matthew had also been there...a source of help sometimes-encouragement others, thought more of the lethal alternative. If she ever failed, he would be there to clean up the mess...it was not a happy thought, what he would do on that day. All Tala knew was that he would not hesitate.

Lesser minds would have deemed him a fanatic to the cause of the Dragon Empire, but he was far worse-he completely understood his goals, his methods and employed them with sinister ease and the belief that he was morally just in whatever he chose to do. One could say he enjoyed his work a little too much...he handled the more unseemly parts of the job-interrogations, assassinations, executions. He claimed to have never lost a minutes sleep over it, and Tala believed him.

Naturally, Matthew had never liked Pasha, nor approved of what he saw as an unprofessional relationship. But, he was not willing to engage in any action that would threaten the mission. In truth, Matthew had wanted Tala for himself long ago-but Pasha had prevented it. For a man who never forgave and never forgot, he could hold a grudge quite well.

He spoke charmingly enough-his social skills had in large part influenced Talas own, and he was a true master of the art. He addressed Pasha only be his second name-something that was known to irk the mercenary from time to time.

"Mr. Dolgorouki. I was not informed by the Lady you would be joining us this time. Especially after our last mission. You did cause a certain amount of trouble for us, you know. Ah, but that's no way for me to speak to an..old friend. I'm glad you are here. Truly."

He held out his hand to shake, a toothsome grin on his face.

Tala stood apart from them, sensing the tension...but not yet choosing a side, since to do so would be diasaster.

((OOC: I made my own antagonist! Oh no! D: ))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: November 22, 2011, 07:51:15 pm »

William remains silent,with his face blank, and not the carefully crafted blankness that William usually projects, but rather the shocked with disbelief type of blankness that no actor can completely fake. When he manages to regain his speech a few moments later, his voice is tinged slighty with panic.

"This...this is bullshit! If you know so goddamn much about me...then...then..."
THINK DAMNIT...Your father, that's not common knowledge and how you got that sword from Kain, isn't either...
"Who is my father? And who gave me my sword?! And whats the name carved into the hilt under the leather?!"
William draws the blade from it's sheathe and puts it so the woman can see it better, although he kept his hand over the leather of the hilt.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 08:17:07 pm by filiusenox »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: November 22, 2011, 08:04:16 pm »

(Perfectly fine. He could make for an interesting dynamic. ^^^)

Pasha tensed at the sound of a familiar, exceedingly unpleasant voice. "Sir Turin," he said evenly, turning to face the quite unwelcome intruder. And now I remember WHY we haven't seen each other in so long... the only bastard living who makes 'Lord' Marlax look like an upstanding citizen. He hadn't lost his temper and punched the man yet, although right now the only thing stopping him was Tala's fingertips on his upper arm. It was a light warning touch, but possessive, and he smirked at Matthew. We both know who she wants when she has the choice and it's just tearing you up inside, isn't it?

Matthew had chosen to take a polite tack this time, and he was going to stay on it... but he also wasn't going to just stand by idly and let the man's jab go unanswered. Taking Matthew's offered hand, he slipped his free arm around Tala's waist and took a step closer to her. "I just arrived. If I had known you were here I would have asked the doorman to tell you as well." He continued to meet his eyes without flinching, wondering if Matthew would look away first. And I know neither of us have forgotten the aftermath of the first time she chose me over you. The blade concealed in the palm of his left glove and the knife he now carried like a trophy were the results of that; the weapon had been carried by an assassin who had tried to knife him not even ten minutes after he had left Tala's room to gather a few items she requested and the blade in his glove was there because the assassin had caught him unarmed and he wasn't going to let that happen again. There had only been three attempts on the strategist's life; after that Matthew had either decided he wasn't worth the losses or he would wait and do it himself.

Pasha hoped it was the latter. Other than forcing Matthew to look at the two of them standing side by side and seeing her happy because of it, there would be no greater satisfaction than besting the man once and for all. "I'm here because our lady has need of me. Yourself?" he asked, his tone neutral but his free hand hooking his thumb in his belt next to the handle of the knife, drawing attention to it as both a reminder of the past and the fact that he had a hand right next to it, should it become necessary to use it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 220