Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231964 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 415a)
« Reply #1515 on: November 19, 2011, 12:40:28 am »

((Oh god, I'm on an elder scrolls expy streak.))

"Changer Vadud, or in our tongue, Havackucadin. He was the third Elv ever created. He lead the armies of the First Emperor, hatcuri and human alike. He was the Emperor's trusted advisor and perhaps conqoured at least half of the Empire for him...Then he was killed and eaten by his own children. A gruesome end to a fine general. Even such a great man couldn't lift himself from his creator's control nor his want for children. His downfall was expected."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: November 19, 2011, 12:49:27 am »

"Did they atleast use forks?"
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: November 19, 2011, 12:53:23 am »

"The records didn't say...The chronicler probably didn't think it important."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: November 19, 2011, 12:58:51 am »

"Huh, shameful that is. I would at least put something in the history books about how he got et. Do the history books include a recipe?"

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: November 19, 2011, 02:05:49 am »

"Your going to eat your siblings and sire when you have the chance, aren't you?" Retcyl sighed. "Yes...there was a recipe. Ambreni sweetened soup and roast. Blegh."
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: November 19, 2011, 05:20:56 am »

Avitus grinned. He waited a few seconds before replying.
"It seems you changed your mind since the first time we met. The good thing is I didn't. She still is completely hermetic to advice, and she didn't even consult me when asking other leaders for military help. I want to gain more visibility. It would have been a useful thing to do back then, now it has become necessary. We must act, or this country will be lost within the next year. I suppose we will be the sole members of this council at the moment. But once some loyal students will have graduated from my University, we will be able to completely control the administration and army of Ligoria. Hopefully you and me can manage to set the Queen on the right path without too much trouble."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: November 19, 2011, 06:14:53 am »

Heh, I see that this was your idea of co-operation all along. But I must say that I am driven to this only by the circumstance, nothing else.
I was thinking that we could include Kathos Thunderblade in our council. He is one of the few nobles that are left, and from what I heard he seems to be quite "patriotic" when it comes to Ligoria. And we need at least one noble in our council, in case or regency or finding someone to replace Laythe if something happens to her in the field. Kathos seems to be fine for the role. Besides, he has his own land, which means some income for our council. Royal treasury is notoriously empty and he coud sponsor one-off missions that we could organise as the need arises.

He briefly stopped to read a note that was just brought in by a messenger.

Hah, how timely! Its our mister Thunderblade requesting a meeting. Do you think we can invite him to the council? Also, I suggest we move outside of Talama if we are to meet more often, for security and intelligence reasons. Maybe Kathos' estate will do, once he agrees to our plan. What do you think?

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: November 19, 2011, 06:45:02 am »

The Arctic Fox had been busy for several days. Brushing up on local maps, managing small concerns with the occupation, and penning a return letter to the spy in Talama.

Spoiler: Missive to Pentagram (click to show/hide)

Dispatching the messenger from the civilian population of Mileth, he went through his nightly ritual of setting small traps and alarms, then sleeping in a completely unexpected place in his room.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 02:38:54 pm by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1523 on: November 19, 2011, 07:38:01 am »

"The gods have now been suitably pleased. We need to make it look like a bear came by, and knocked him into the fire," said Oli'c. "Get rid of any recognizable signs of him being tied up. Afterwards, we will need to slightly cut ourselves to make it seem like this is indeed what occurred."

Disguise the man so that it appears he was accidentally knocked into the fire by some creature. Cut ourselves so that it looks like we fought it off.

(By the way, there is only one other peasant who we brought with us.)

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: November 19, 2011, 08:29:29 am »

Lucius nodded.

"Very well. Excuse me, but I'm somewhat unable to prevent my merchant nature getting the better of me. Let's talk about business, shall we?"

He tapped his goblet in consideration, than poured some more wine into it.

"You see... The main problem with Ligoria is that it has no industry at all. Being a breadbasket of the Storm Coast would work for it, but there is barely enough grain here to cover the people's needs. And the timber, well, it's barely getting anywhere, too. If nothing gets exported, the money flows into other merchants' coffers. Everyone is getting richer at your Queen's expense."

"There are several things that can be done. Selling the only plentiful thing Ligoria has - the lumber - is one of the options. Lechem, you see, produces things such as fishing boats, masts, oars... and they are an island nation. They need every piece of wood they can get and have to pay a good price for it. No one can lose transporting wood there, it's certain."

"But! To do that efficiently, we will need lumber mills. There is barely enough wood in the market right now. This situation is too good to pass it up. We would have both the supply and the buyer determined to get every piece of wood we have. And with the taxes, money will flow into the Queen's coffers, too, fueling her war effort."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: November 19, 2011, 11:27:42 am »

"Your going to eat your siblings and sire when you have the chance, aren't you?" Retcyl sighed. "Yes...there was a recipe. Ambreni sweetened soup and roast. Blegh."
"Heh...no not really, cannibilism is highly overrated. I was just joking around. Anyway, I'll be speaking with you more later, I need to get stitched up, sleep and meet with this Thomas character."
William gets stitched up, sleeps and then calls for Thomas to meet with him.((Don't need a roll.))

Later during Thomas's meeting.
"'Ello Thomas, how are you doing?"

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: November 19, 2011, 11:28:14 am »

"Well, if Mr. Thunderblade joins us, and I am not opposed to it, we could always meet on his lands. And would we need some privacy in Talama, I'll soon have a nice, private office at the sixth floor of a tower, which I assure you guarantees quite a good protection from any non-flying eyes or ears."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: November 19, 2011, 12:46:35 pm »

Well, in that case I will reply to him and invite him to meet us to discuss the "campaign". If we want to be safe, I propose we meet in that ruined tower of yours. Its empty for now and I doubt anyone will be wandering close to it in the winter.

Nikephoros then took a small bit of parchment and scribbled down a reply:

To Baron Thunderblade from General Nikephoros

I would be happy to meet with you and speak to you as soon as possible. Meet me in my quarters at the first possible instance.

There, that should do it. We can talk more about it when I bring Kathos to the tower. I will meet you there.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: November 19, 2011, 01:05:37 pm »

Disguise the man so that it appears he was accidentally knocked into the fire by some creature. Cut ourselves so that it looks like we fought it off.
[4] You manage to cut the man, break a few bones, and do various other things so it looks like something attacked him and threw him into the fire.
[2] One of your druids accidentally cuts too deep into his own arm, and is now bleeding from a gushing wound, the others don't seem to want to cut themselves. [2] The wound keeps gushing blood, no matter how much pressure or cloth you put on it.[5] Finally, after the man passes out from blood loss, the bleeding stops and he stabilizes.
[2] The peasant arrives back and screams when he sees the charred body of his friend. He draws a very sharp looking short sword.
"What the hell happened here?!"

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: November 19, 2011, 01:06:34 pm »

Later during Thomas's meeting.
"'Ello Thomas, how are you doing?"
"Oh, I'm doing well, Lord Blackrose. It's good to finally meet you." Thomas extended his hand to be shaken. "Did you have any business with me, or did you just wish to speak?"
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 01:10:18 pm by Fanofgaming »
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 220