Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 232236 times)

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Autumn 415a)
« Reply #1155 on: November 07, 2011, 09:04:28 pm »

"Is that his version of the story? I spoke with William, your grace. He was not a stupid man. Ambitious, yes. Reckless, probably. Stupid? No. If he really tried to take a land by himself, do you really think we would have seen him again? I don't mean to offend you, Your Highness, but you have a really bad reputation, and I don't think anyone could be crazy enough to do what you say he did."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: November 07, 2011, 09:06:57 pm »

"That IS what happened Kathos. And now I have to deal with some of them wanting money or even fucking titles!"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: November 07, 2011, 09:10:25 pm »

Kathos' expression went from controled anger to surprise.

"Money and titles? But... Isn't that what you offered them earlier in the year?"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: November 07, 2011, 09:12:41 pm »

"The money, yes. But not the amouts they're asking for! And I don't remember offering titles either!"

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: November 07, 2011, 09:19:22 pm »

"Remember about that land I managed to buy from some minor noble near the Kingdom? Well, I stayed there for a few nights and I received a letter, destined to the owner of the land. I read it and... It was an offer from Ligoria to join our kingdom. I think... Uh... 3 ducats were offered to nobles owning two parcels, one and a half for a noble owning one parcel and maybe... Four and a half for those owning three parcels... And the letter also offered a ligorian nobility title, and maybe some other things. It was sent by a man named... Atimus? Arkinus?"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: November 07, 2011, 09:31:35 pm »

"Avitus. At any rate what is done is done. I'll rebuke anyone who didn't accept Avitus' price, whatever that may be, and those asking for titles can be... disposed of..."

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: November 07, 2011, 09:42:56 pm »

Kathos' shoulders dropped. William was in exile and probably plotting for revenge because he had done a better job than Avitus. There was a blocus in the city port, literally taking money from honest merchants and giving it to smugglers - how could Ligoria stop ships, if the kingdom had no navy? The queen was going to do exactly what William would have probably done. Prisonners had escaped from the dungeons and not a single guard was looking for them - they were too busy trying to get the three ducats promised for William's head. And the queen's answer to that shitstorm was 'what is done is done'? Kathos' voice was soft when he answered. There was no more sarcasm, no more anger, no more surprise. Only resignation.

"I... See. Now I have the information I wanted to get, Your Highness. Thank you for your time."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: November 07, 2011, 09:44:30 pm »

"You have a problem, Kathos?"

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: November 07, 2011, 09:51:48 pm »

"I do, your Highness, but don't mind me. It's not about you, or this kingdom, or even this bloody situation. I think I'll find a cheap inn and get drunk. I must think about my future, and maybe my past too. Goodbye."

He left.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: November 07, 2011, 09:58:05 pm »

Except he would've too, if it weren't for the guards blocking the way.

"You damn well tell me what your damned problem is or you'll be executed as one of William's collaborators!"

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: November 08, 2011, 01:10:43 am »

((Looking at the OOC thread and this thread, this is the biggest "explosion" I've seen in a while.))

As William left, Retcyl quickly grabbed the letter and headed downstairs. He wrung a bell and spoke to his men. "Expedition #6 of the Emperor, stand and listen! Our mission here in Ligoria was to establish a haven for hatcuri trading and ideas, but fate has mocked us. I've been forced to promise our exile from the city...I do not in anyway have to do this, but a word from a hatcuri must always be true lest we spell our own destruction."

"Pack up your belongings and be ready to move, I would leave now but this place is still in lockdown."

As Retcyl finished, his men returned to their routines and their packing. Except for Karafs, who was following Retcyl into a secret room behind one of Hugo's artworks.

"Karafs, I have an important task for you...And I want you to lead it."

"Yes, ambassador. What is my mission?"
Retcyl pulled quite a few letters from his sleeve and put them in  Karaf's open hand. "You know of the Vale, correct? Lord William's former castle that he just captured? Deliver this letter to the steward there. I'm giving you the regiment. They shall not know until you leave. Understood?"

"Yes."

"Good. One of the letters contain further instructions, read it on your way to the Vale. Make sure you get there before any of the Queen's men."

Karafs left, but Retcyl was not yet finished. He went over to the new liaison of the Bleeding Fists (I'm just going to call the gang that now.) and told him, "I have important business, liaison....". They talked for many hours.

Finally, Retcyl headed up to Hugo's door and knocked.

Send Karafs, along with the regiment, to the Vale. 
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 01:55:19 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: November 08, 2011, 01:39:01 am »

Dispatch troops into the city. Port and the gates are to be searched and guards are to check every entrance and leave. William's holdings in Ligoria are to be seized and returned to the crown by a half a regiment of royal troops.

[3] Men spread through the city looking in the seedier neighborhoods turning up little. [5] Any property William held in the city has been confiscated. Contacts that knew him seem to think he had already left as soon as they heard he'd been declared a traitor. [2] Your men have little luck with port and gate guards having seen him. Despite being a noble for several seasons, few officials knew his face.

Send Karafs, along with the regiment, to the Vale.

Ninja Edit: Stealth rolls [5v3] Karafs escape is a success! There were some pigs, manure bags and a sewer drain involved. Karaf refuses to speak of it - the Fists have a good laugh later that night. [3v2] The scout on the border should be fired, and probably would be if anyone knew he missed an entire regiment going to Vale.
[5] Karafs and the regiment arrive in Vale a few days ahead of schedule
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 02:17:12 am by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: November 08, 2011, 01:48:58 am »

At the Vale...

Karafs nodded. He looked straight on to the sun and thanked Lord Fakarra. He had business to attend to. Karafs signaled to the men defending the Vale and said to them, "Your Lord William is in danger! I must speak to your leader here."

((fanofgaming, your que.))

« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 01:58:12 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: November 08, 2011, 02:07:51 am »

A set of actios to happen after Willaim's banishment.

After a day, send out feelers to to check whoever he's been associated with.

Summon Hyte to the throne room to discuss the implications of Shola gaining new land after William's clusterfuck.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: November 08, 2011, 02:18:37 am »

Hyte arrives in the throneroom shortly after being summoned, "You called Your Highness?"
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 220