Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 232184 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Autumn 415a)
« Reply #1035 on: November 03, 2011, 08:18:03 pm »

((Tala was actually thrown down on the ground to maintain the illusion))

"Tala' had made sure to hit the ground with enough force to generate a superficial yet visible bruise-she had laid prostrate for a moment as if dazed, until she heard Nikephoro's voice.

She rose and made her way down the stairs to the courtyard shakily, speaking all the way.

"That damned Crow tried to take me as his hostage, Nikephoros-but he dropped me once he saw you. Said something like..."

She reached the bottom of the stairs...and massaged the lump on her head for extra effect.

"I think he was trying to court my affections, that brute. Oh, Nikephoros-if you hadn't been here...I'd be in the Crows clutches. What a horrible thought...Thank the Gods you came along when you did."

She put mask of thankful reverence. Yes, the 'relieved maiden' card was one of her favorites to play.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 08:23:04 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: November 03, 2011, 08:20:38 pm »

Tristan nodded. "All right." He made a motion to his allies, indicating they could relax for the moment. "We'll wait. Thank you very much." He bowed slightly and found a good place to lean against the wall. It was shady and slightly sheltered against the elements; finding such spots had been a hobby of his at home, and knowing them always paid off on days when the weather was horrendous.

Wait, and once the crow vanishes from sight, watch the crowd. Bodyguards will stand around and look official despite orders.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: November 03, 2011, 08:22:33 pm »

Meet with the man, of course.
No questions asked. Not a word spoken. The man stands, impassively, upon the deck of his ship, watching you on the docks. He does not seem inclined to invite you aboard, or join you ashore. Though he doesn't speak, or make any motions at all, he seems to be judging you. Eventually, he waves a hand, and a man appears from below decks, carrying a crate. He jumps to the dock, and opens it. Inside is a small selection of firearms- shorter than arquebuses, but with the same curved grip for the hand- no clumsy battlefield weapon this. This is something to carry around, the hidden knife of gunpowder weapons. They are made of bronze, with details picked out in gold. The firing mechanisms are complex, flint and steel intergrated into the design- no need for smouldering fuses on these things. The servant motions for you to hold one.
The cold metal speaks to you. It speaks of fire. It speaks of death. No weapon in the world can match the menace this weapon exudes merely by existing.

Kraai caws once, then points a wing towards the palace. You hear a commotion within the walls right after Kraai points it out.
"Ah? Not so useless after all, eh? Let's go check it out."

Hugo grabs his things, and exits the embassy, just in time to see the lord of crows gliding away from the palace.

"...well jar full of pennies."

He turns about, and heads back inside. No sense in trying to chase him down again. More preparation was required before then.
Long Live United Forenia!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: November 03, 2011, 08:25:18 pm »

"No. I don't think I will. I'll leave Ligoria,but i'm not going back to Lonemine. Goodbye Queen Laythe, may your life last a thousand years and Ligoria have all it's dreams come true."
William turned on his heels and walked out of the room. The door slammed shut behind him and he slowly began counting under his breath,he grabbed the sword from the table by the door and strapped it to his hip. Then he continued walking out of the palace. All the while counting under his breath.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: November 03, 2011, 08:27:01 pm »

This weapon was perfect. It was beautiful. It was dangerous. Kathos wanted it. This weapon was going to be his weapon. He looked at the man on the ship, and said two words.

"Your price?"

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: November 03, 2011, 08:27:33 pm »

"Yeah, no doubt he would have tried to take you. But I doubt he will fly far, since my men found where he holds the hatcuri ambassador. Its now simply a matter of time before they get him and I can see him being drawn and quartered...."

Nikephoros seemed to be elswhere in his mind. He rushed off with his soldiers without saying a word, heading to Rectyl's location. No doubt his men were on top of breaking inside and freeing the ambassador.

Go to Rectyl's location. Break in and free him.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: November 03, 2011, 08:31:16 pm »

Before William could leave however, the guards there barred him from going through...

"I don't think you understand. You're a political liability to let live. I'm afraid that if will not return to lonemine, your life is forfeit"

The guards at the wall start closing in on you, halberds at the ready.

"Now, I'll say it again, Are you going to return to lonemine, or shall I end your pitiful life here?"

Go to Rectyl's location. Break in and free him.
[4] It takes a bit of effort, but your men are able to find the door rectyl is behind. It's a simple matter of pulling the door open from the outside to free him. Inside you find a fair amount of stolen treasure, marked with the current royal family's seal.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 08:39:04 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: November 03, 2011, 08:34:10 pm »

As the men broke through the wall and the light shone in, Retcyl thanked his new god and threw away that spoon he was looking at.

"Ah, dear general, seems you've rescued the ambassador and found one of the Crow's stashes. I thank you for your help."

Retcyl looked up, suspicious of any flying men.

"Hasn't been kidnapping anyones else, I presume?"

Before the general had time to respond, Retcyl bowed and walked away.

"Goodbye general, hopefully we won't be killing each other!"

Retcyl took the long way back to the Embassy; he wanted to clear his head and look at something that wasn't gold or jewels. Then he realized that he should probably alert the Queen, just in case. As he walked to the palace, he found William, walking angrily...What happened this time?

"Ah, William, has anything happened that's put you in a bad mood? You know, worse than before?"

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: November 03, 2011, 08:53:22 pm »

Weird creature, Nikephoros thought, as Rectyl quickly made his way out. Whether the Crow was to appear here or not remained to be seen, although he felt that this place won't be visited anytime soon.
Nonethless he shall leave the guards in here.

Ok fellas, fetch me some chests and crates, we are hauling all of this back to Her Majesty, the rightful owner. And I will take off anyone's hand if I find them with any of this in their pockets!

Leave some guards behind. Take the rest and haul the treasures back to the palace, delivering them all into the throne room in front of Laythe in a theatrical manner.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: November 03, 2011, 09:02:11 pm »

William's hand was still on the door, it was trembling, not from fear or sadness but pure bestial anger, barely caged by William's common sense and instinct. His other hand was clutching his thigh with enough force to break skin.
"So I'm a political liability for gaining you more land? More money? Fine, I'll leave for that pit of serpents called Lonemine."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: November 03, 2011, 09:04:04 pm »

'Tala' turned away from Nikephoros with a pained smile. Well, this morning had turned out to be much more exciting than she had thought it would be. She was making her way to her quarters, when she saw David the Guard stumbling out of the barracks, hastily putting his armor on. The mans eyes softened upon seeing her bruise. His concern for her was...immediate and touching. The Men of Ligoria were so noble! And easy to manipulate.

"Lady Alanis, are you injured? You should head back to your quarters-what with the Crow and the trouble in the throne room, half the castle guard has been raised!"

"Trouble? The Queen?"

"Erm...my captain just said he got word of trouble. No details, except that William Vadud was the last one granted entrance...I've said too much. Just go, my lady!"

The Helpful David stumbled off. 'Tala' nodded. Poor Will, got himself into trouble-and who would save him? Who indeed.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: November 03, 2011, 09:07:13 pm »

"Leave now then, before I change my mind!"

The guards backed off, though still expectant of Willaim to pull off an nasty surprise...

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: November 03, 2011, 09:23:20 pm »

William pushed the door open, then slammed it behind him with a loud crash that could be heard throughout the palace. He grabbed the sword belt lying on the table and buckled it into place, muttering in Northlandish as he did so.
Then with a single fluid motion, he drew a dagger and stabbed it all the way through the table, before heading out of the palace.
Whereupon he met Rectyl. When he spoke he kept his voice cold and flat.
"I've been banished for getting our great queen, more land. Turns out I'm a political liability."
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 09:27:16 pm by filiusenox »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: November 03, 2011, 09:27:12 pm »

A guard tapped Tristan's shoulder:

"Queen's ready to see you now. Your guards will stay here, as will your weapons. You will not be harmed, regardless of the queens mood. She's not stupid enough to attack a diplomat..."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: November 03, 2011, 09:27:22 pm »

"Liability? From what I've seen of the court, Everyone's a liability. even our "gracious queen".

Retcyl thought about things and then said:

"Wait, she said banished from Ligoria, yes? The Embassy isn't part of Ligoria proper anymore, it's of Hatcur now...Of course it won't have any hatcuri very soon, but for now it's ours. You could come there first, and we could have a chat about what's happened."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 220