Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The most awesome thing ever!  (Read 1294 times)

kissa3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The most awesome thing ever!
« on: September 28, 2011, 06:22:35 am »

[Vanilla fresh download Dwarf Fortress version]

So i just came across a creepy thing. Was looking for a place to rest, and found a fortress. Entered fortress which seemed empty, but found a lawgiver  "&" inside, who was named Prisoner. He asked me to free him from the empty fortress which he was lawgiver off.

Since i made a pocket world, and it seems to be the only fortress on the map, he must be a king of all the region, but hes trapped in his own fortress... alone.

It gets better. He is a skinless monster humanoid, iguana.

So now i have a skinless monster following me around, who can take a swarm of goblins, and leave without a scratch.

It gets even better. He can spew burning gas! I let him fight Night Monster, and was baffled! No punches were hit, but the Night Bride got slain.

Now, to where stuff gets uglier. I caught a fever, though never received any damage. How long till the fever passes?

Quantumtroll

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The most awesome thing ever!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 06:26:44 am »

The gas was poisonous, and you're now infected with a syndrome.  The fever is only the first stage of the disease.  Pray to Armok that the second stage won't kill you.  Parts of you may rot, or swell with blood, or both, or neither. 

Good luck!

kissa3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 06:29:49 am »

Really? So again, when will it end? It lowers my speed in half, and is annoying in general, even though my pet/king can do the fighting.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 06:31:10 am »

Really? So again, when will it end? It lowers my speed in half, and is annoying in general, even though my pet/king can do the fighting.
Nobody knows. It could be permenant or it could end in several days.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

kissa3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 07:44:48 am »

Finaly died and checked the Legends.

That thing, got out of the underworld at the begining of times, and founded a Goblin civilization (created position of master), and then hung around with that civ for 300 hundred years, and then became a Law-giver of a human civilization. Created countless posts for lords and made tons of trips, and after year 700 noone mentioned him, and only at 1050 i freed him from the imprisonment by his own human civ. Must have been politics gone wrong.

Anyhow, its the first time i was able to recruit someone from the underworld who founded a civ and  helped to develop another civ.

Also people associate him with nightmares. Must have been Hitler. Explains all the politic and why he got imprisoned.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 07:31:51 am »

Unbelievable amounts of win.

Although personally you should've choked him with his iguana intestines for giving you fever >:(

Tel Riker

• Bay Watcher
  • [Probably_Alive]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 09:57:06 pm »

That iguana sounds like a baws, I never seem to get interesting things like that though I DID find a demon prisoner in a fort once.
!!NEW!!