Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: This dwarf.  (Read 2109 times)

Specter513

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
This dwarf.
« on: September 27, 2011, 08:14:17 pm »

Recently, I had a major loss in my archery department due to my melee guys chasing off the first wave of gobbos during a siege, then trolls popping up at my open gate after they had left. A certain female marksdwarf was the only survivor of that encounter, and boy was she fucked up real good. She had her lower spine fractured, her leg dented, and most of her limbs were otherwise crippled in some fashion. Somehow, after about a year in the hospital, she's back up walking again, albeit very slowly. Surprised, I check her inventory to see how many different crutches and things she was using.

GODDAMMIT

She is using no less than 6 pieces of candy to hold herself together, in a very candy-depleted fort. She better become some kind of 6-million dollar man-esque dwarf, or she gets thrown to the badgers.
Leprechauns actually. That "magically delicious taste" prefstring soon lead to their total extinction.
Congratulations, you killed the only things considered dominant and have heralded the end of civilization in your world as you know it.

melphel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: This dwarf.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 08:18:04 pm »

Is there any way to get stitches back after they've been applied?  Melt her skin off or something?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 08:19:15 pm »

Nupe, gone forever :D  Killing may or may not cause them to drop as items, but likely NOT.

Never had candy thread laying around, NEVER!

Specter513

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 08:20:08 pm »

I don't believe so, as the pussy dwarven ethics won't allow that.
Leprechauns actually. That "magically delicious taste" prefstring soon lead to their total extinction.
Congratulations, you killed the only things considered dominant and have heralded the end of civilization in your world as you know it.

Specter513

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 08:20:55 pm »

Nupe, gone forever :D  Killing may or may not cause them to drop as items, but likely NOT.

Never had candy thread laying around, NEVER!
This was because I had more dwarves extracting strands than forging things.

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 09:18:50 pm »

Candy should be kept in a vault, and never removed until it is a finished product. Extractors and smiths enter and leave the vault through lever-operated airlocks.
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

Specter513

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 09:21:56 pm »

Candy should be kept in a vault, and never removed until it is a finished product. Extractors and smiths enter and leave the vault through lever-operated airlocks.
I have neither the time nor the patience for such a practice. Instead, I do everything haphazardly and hope it comes out something like I'd hoped.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 09:34:31 pm »

Chief Medical Dwarf: We can rebuild her, we have the candy.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 09:52:18 pm »

You haphazard ways have cost you significant candy.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 09:55:14 pm »

Pointless and expensive; how is having candy suturing NOT dwarfy?
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011, 09:57:50 pm »

Too bad we can't cover dwarves in a thousand cuts then have them absolutely surrounded with candy stitches to create the first ever Iron Dwarf.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2011, 09:59:37 pm »

Custom modded weapons, danger rooms, and a lot of idle doctors.

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2011, 10:04:24 pm »

Too bad we can't cover dwarves in a thousand cuts then have them absolutely surrounded with candy stitches to create the first ever Iron Dwarf.

Who says we can't? just have it so that the cuts never heal (but still stop bleeding), ergo, the stitches never come out, and do it progressively so that the dwarf doesn't die.
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

bucket

• Bay Watcher
  • i am a bucket.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2011, 01:43:23 am »

Why make thread? So some dink can have a candy vest?
I SAY NAY

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2011, 02:15:18 am »

I had no idea candy could be made into stitches...

Here's a thought: Injure your dwarves so that their skin ( maybe through fire? ) is melted, then have the dorfs stitch candy onto their entire body, if that's possible.  I doubt it would give them any protection, but imagine having Dwarves that look like Colossus from X-men.  Also, if you could mod the stitches to be durable like armor, these guys might become more resistant to damage. 

Correct me if I'm wrong on anything. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: [1] 2 3