Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Bardic RTD: A Tale of Danger and Bad Poetry  (Read 9701 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Bardic RTD: A Tale of Danger and Bad Poetry
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2011, 09:11:23 am »

I suppose there's not much chance of getting in now, seeming as even the waiting list is long.. But I guess it's never wrong to try. Could you wait list me as well, please?
Love, scriver~

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2011, 12:55:04 pm »

I;d like to join in waiting. ^^

Name: Kobrag Huor.
Major Skill: Alluring Features
Minor Skill: Novice Spellcaster Bilingual
Bio: A young human shortly recovering from a lifetime of slavery and abuse at the hands of the enemy of his country. As he was a particularly tasty peice of boy-soldier he was passed around the invading army like a tankard of fine fruit ale. He was quickly bought by the resident magic user and became his consort, quickly learning the native language and was able to peruse bits and peice from the old coger's spell book as he lay exhausted on the bed. And now for the last three years he has been wondering the far and the near telling his tale and putting all that was forced upon him he learned to good use for coin and to aid others in thier misery.

I hope this is alright. =/
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 12:56:39 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2011, 03:53:36 pm »

Marrow helps with the busking.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2011, 05:36:12 pm »

Turn 1

Bunnybob77
Look around in the alleys for hobos to mug
[3] Unfortunately for you, its the middle of the afternoon. The drunks don't get out of the bar's until atleast 8:30, and even thats early.

Taricus
Go look for a job.
[4] You walk around for a bit and eventually find a flier on a nearby wall "BARD WANTED, MINIMUM PAY. GO TO THE STAGHORN TAVERN.", lucky you! Hopefully you can get there before the job is taken.

IronyOwl
Then why are there two Ephraes and two Marrows? :P

Sing as I walk to gather attention.
[3] You begin to sing, but unfortunately for you there are atleast 20 other bards on this street doing the same thing. The crowd is unable to hear your "wonderful" singing voice.

Sinpwn
The dwarf gestures for his party to follow, walks into the center of the town, pulls out his lute, and begins to busk. He busks so hard.
[5] You gesture to your party and walk towards the center of a small marketplace, you pull out your flute and you begin to busk. You busk so hard, you manage to produce a somehwat pleasant tune. A few travelers throw coins your way, and after a few minutes you've made 15 Gold pieces! Thats enough to buy you three loafs of bread!

Dwarmin
Talagra pulled her coat a little more snug. It was colder here than she imagined...hopefully she could find some work here. She wondered if the rumors about the city were true...apparently, Winterdale was once an ancient outpost of some long forgotten Empire, holding some horrible evil underneath it...then again, it was a rumor-well, even if it was...

Explore the city a bit-looking for rumors of it's true history.
[6] As your heading to a nearby tavern to hear some rumors, you bump into a small man carrying a pile of books. You quickly apologize and help him pick up his books, you offer to help him carry these to his house and he accepts. On the way there he tells you he's a historian, and he has recently been researching the history of the city. He doesn't really know anything yet, and when you get to his house he thanks you and say's you can stop by anytime you like.
You have gained a new contact, "Historian"!

Firelordsky
Marrow helps with the busking.
[2] Unfortunately your busking is not as good as your friend, your so bad someone throws a rock at you. No one will ever understand the true beauty of your music...

Players

Sinpwn
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Taricus

Dwarmin

Firelordsky

Bunnybob77

IronyOwl
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2011, 05:37:54 pm »

TAKE THE JOB!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2011, 05:42:37 pm »

Find a tavern that is (relatively) low on bards. Begin singing for coin.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2011, 05:50:21 pm »

Spread the religion of Maeave.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2011, 05:54:01 pm »

Talagra finds a street corner, lays out her money cup and begins weaving a tale to entrance passers by...it's an old one, but a very sad one she got from an Elf long ago...it was sort of shameful to translate it from High Elven into common-it lost much of it's charm that way.

Quote from: The Fall of Laranda, First Verse

*begin refrain-a quick tempo, a little hopeful...but very sad, almost like a funeral dirge. It catches the ear. *

~Oh Laranda, Laranda...~

*three low blasts from her flute*

~A bitter Winter, falls upon thee...~

~The enemy has come...his numbers, like the sea...waves of spears...a storm of blades...falling upon poor Laranda...~

*A high-low-high-low blast, followed by very low note.*

~Oh Laranda, Laranda...~

~Ho, Brave Elves...we nocked our bows...sharpened our knives...every man o' maiden, behelmed...~

~We laughed at despair...and then we would perish without hope...for this is the tale...of the Fall of Laranda...~

~Do not toss me, my lover, to the sea of despair...let us now, remember Laranda...remember those who fell...~.

*begin refrain, until the next verse...*
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 05:56:49 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2011, 05:56:33 pm »

Fuck yeah, I love it when player's make up their own poems and songs.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2011, 05:59:56 pm »

Added some flute notes!

I figured when I made the idea, if you play this game and don't use your creativity, you're missing out of the point of the game-what separates it from any othe RTD is creativity of the players shaping the world. :)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2011, 06:01:20 pm »

Added some flute notes!

I figured when I made the idea, if you play this game and don't use your creativity, you're missing out of the point of the game-what separates it from any othe RTD is creativity of the players shaping the world. :)
I love you, have internet babies with me.
Welcome to Reality.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2011, 06:35:42 pm »

The dwarf smiles and pockets his money. He heads off to buy a new lute. As the story goes, his old one was lost on his way here in a fight with a Demon and his three dozen Hellhounds.

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2011, 08:00:24 pm »

I'll try to busk for some monies. I'll try near the tavern, maybe the drunks will be more willing to part with their coins.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2011, 08:20:09 pm »

Turn 2
(Hell yes, two turns in one day.)

Taricus
TAKE THE JOB!
[5] You frantically dash around, occasionally stopping to ask for directions. After a few minutes you find the old worn out tavern, it seems that not all of Winterdales taverns are top notch. As you enter the inn you notice how empty it is, there's a man drinking in the corner and the inkeeper looks up at you. "So are yeh a bard?", you nod. "Good, yer the first one 'ere. So yeh get the job. You get 4 gold a performance, and a room down in the basement along with a meal every day."

IronyOwl
Find a tavern that is (relatively) low on bards. Begin singing for coin.
[4] You find a fairly good tavern nearby, luckily the owner was in need of a bard for the late hours. He agree's to give you 5 gold a performance along with a meal, you'll have some time to look around some more before you can start.

Firelordsky
Spread the religion of Maeave.
[4] You begin to preach the visions of the Maeave, although most passerby believe you are simply insane a man with a sun tatoo smiles and nods at you.

Dwarmin
Talagra finds a street corner, lays out her money cup and begins weaving a tale to entrance passers by...it's an old one, but a very sad one she got from an Elf long ago...it was sort of shameful to translate it from High Elven into common-it lost much of it's charm that way.

Quote from: The Fall of Laranda, First Verse

*begin refrain-a quick tempo, a little hopeful...but very sad, almost like a funeral dirge. It catches the ear. *

~Oh Laranda, Laranda...~

~A bitter Winter, falls upon thee...~

~The enemy has come...his numbers, like the sea...waves of spears...a storm of blades...falling upon poor Laranda...~

~Oh Laranda, Laranda...~

~Ho, Brave Elves...we nocked our bows...sharpened our knives...every man o' maiden, behelmed...~

~We laughed at despair...and then we would perish without hope...for this is the tale...of the Fall of Laranda...~

~Do not toss me, my lover, to the sea of despair...let us now, remember Laranda...remember those who fell...~.

*begin refrain, until the next verse...*
[6] During the song a large crowd gathers around you, and after the song the crowd cheers and some throw coins your way. A Forest Elf smiles and nods at you, and hands you a bag of coins. Afterwards you count your earnings and see that you have made 30 gold pieces!

Sinpwn
The dwarf smiles and pockets his money. He heads off to buy a new lute. As the story goes, his old one was lost on his way here in a fight with a Demon and his three dozen Hellhounds.
[4] You manage to find a lute in somewhat decent condition, [3] and the price is high but reasonable. You end up paying 10 gold pieces for the lute, you walk away from the merchant a bit frusterated that most of your money is now gone.

BunnyBob77
I'll try to busk for some monies. I'll try near the tavern, maybe the drunks will be more willing to part with their coins.
[1] Unfortunately the drunks don't seem to like your busking either, one of them throws a bottle at you [5] and you narrowly dodge it! You walk away from the tavern humiliated.

Player Status

Sinpwn

Taricus

Dwarmin

Firelordsky

Bunnybob77

IronyOwl
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 09:09:39 pm by Bdthemag »
Welcome to Reality.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2011, 08:38:01 pm »

(I strongly approve of this pace.)

Conchobar heads into a tavern that hopefully has one of his companions in it and buys some ale, he has been sober for far too long. As he drinks, he carves runes and engravings into his lute.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5