Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Bardic RTD: A Tale of Danger and Bad Poetry  (Read 9675 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Bardic RTD: A Tale of Danger and Bad Poetry
« on: September 27, 2011, 05:46:14 pm »

Dwarmin pitched this idea awhile back, but unfortunately it never started. Time to start a bard RTD then! I'd like to give credit of the idea, backstory, and the skills to Dwarmin.

Backstory
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Skills

Rules

Character Creation

Player's

Waiting List
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 09:08:20 pm by Bdthemag »
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
Re: Bardic RTD: A Tale of Danger and Bad Poetry
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 06:16:41 pm »

Name: Conchobar
Race:Ice Dwarf
Major Skill: Ballad of fear
Minor Skill: Powerful Voice, Novice spellcaster
Bio: A dwarf hailing from the top of the world, he has spent his life collecting magic, old and new. He has a unique brand of music, using the style of the epics of his people, overlaid with shrill, powerful, magically induced tones. His music has become extremely popular in his homeland, so he has used his money to journey to Winterdale. He comes in search of magical knowledge and to show these people music the likes of which they have never heard.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 06:38:45 pm by Sinpwn »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 06:20:29 pm »

Name: Conchobar
Minor Skill: Powerful Voice, Novice spellcaster
Bio:

What are the available races? I'll edit my age and bio in when I know.
Just humans.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 06:23:54 pm »

Name: Ephrae
Race: Human
Major Skill: Alluring Features
Minor Skill: Bronze Tongued, Concealment
Bio: Ephrae used to be a bard for her town. Until someonee commented on her looks, then the place went up in flames. Ephrae is a definite pyromaniac, though do make ure you make it clear that when you say hot around her, it isn't about her...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 06:37:15 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 06:25:24 pm »

Glad to see if started! :P

Oh Irony, here I go again.

Also, run that starting thing through a spellchecker...I can spot my mistakes! lol

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Talagra 'Shortshanks'
Race: Half-Ogre Human!
Instrument: Flute
Major Skill: Treasure Hunter
Minor Skill: Cave Dweller, Somewhat Good Looking
Bio: Talagra started playing her jade flute as soon as she lifted it from the adventurer she killed to get it. Finding she was a natural-her underdwelling tribe has excellent lung capacity, anyway-she took off from her village in search of an audience...she's fond of searching ancient places, and recreating stories from the places she explores. Talagra probably has some Ogre in her, but it actually enhances her mystique...to certain people!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 06:27:07 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 06:27:25 pm »

Okay fine, whatever race you want to do. As long as it is reasonable. Standard fantasy races only please.
Welcome to Reality.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 06:30:14 pm »

Name: Marrow
Race: Orc
Major: Fey Vision
Minor: Bronze Tongued,Bilingual
Bio: He was once a barkeep at a tavern, but he suddenly got visions and strange dreams and urges to become a bard and spread the word about Maeave.

Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 06:30:47 pm »

I'll join.  creating character sheet in a moment.EDIT: Done!
Name: Grisnakh
Race:Goblin
Major:Devastating uppercut
Minor:Concealment and Cave dweller
Bio: Grisnakh was your average goblin, sneaking around the caves, although he was exceptionally good at concealment, except one day.  He decided to come out the goblin-caves and see the world.  Eventually, he decided to become a bard.  He may not be the prettiest or the one with the nicest voice, but he figured it would give him the outlet he needed to travel around and get money, treasure, and fame, possibly killing a few annoying people along the way.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 06:40:16 pm by BunnyBob77 »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 06:32:50 pm »

Name: Sillius Sarcillius
Major Skill: Alluring Features (Alluring)
Minor Skill: Powerful Voice (Battle Song), Bilingual (Wind Speaker)
Bio: Sillius is the son of a hero and a barmaid, and the former often visited him while making the rounds of all his children. He'd bring gifts (usually manly ones, like wooden swords), stories (usually even manlier ones, like how he challenged a dragon to an arm-wrestling contest), and encouragement to grow up and become a true (very manly) champion. Sillius is proud to do just that, and while he may be somewhat more talk than action, there's little doubt that he at least looks and sounds like a bold, daring, courageous hero. His cleft chin and impressive physique help quite a bit with that, but he's clearly got charisma to spare besides. This has gotten him in trouble on more than one occasion, however; he was "captured" not long ago, and managed to pick up the local language in the process before escaping.

Oh Irony, here I go again.
Que?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 06:37:24 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Son_of_Orion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 06:34:47 pm »

Name: Caelus Asateus
Race: Human
Major Skill: Interpretor
Minor Skill: Basic First-Aid, Bronze Tongued
Bio: Caelus grew up in a small settlement on the fringes of the Magnamund Northlands. Both his parents were bards, so it was only natural that he'd grow up to become one himself. Though his parents were content to stay at home and entertain the townspeople, Caelus had bigger plans. He wanted to get out there and explore, see what the world had to offer him. Once he was of age, he left the village to travel to Winterdale.

Caelus is young, but he shows great potential. He has the uncanny ability to easily understand and learn foreign languages, even if he had never heard them before. He is very eloquent and is usually cordial to others. Caelus has a strong sense of justice, but he rarely acts without thinking things through. He realizes that, sometimes, it's better to let things slide, because interference may only make things worse.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 08:19:08 pm by Son_of_Orion »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011, 06:36:21 pm »

Name: Easily the hardest part on this sheet.
Major Skill: Interpretor
Minor Skill: Basic First-Aid, Bronze Tongued
Bio: To be written.
Man, another person failed the hardest part on the sheet.
Welcome to Reality.

Son_of_Orion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2011, 06:37:43 pm »

Gimme a sec. I'll fill it out, but I'm busy for a moment.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2011, 06:52:08 pm »

Everyone above Son of Orion got in, sorry pal too slow.
Welcome to Reality.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2011, 06:52:16 pm »

Name: Sander Herser
Major Skill: Fey Vision
Minor Skill: Fey Offering, Bronze Tongued
Bio: Sander grew up in a small orphanage in the slums of the capital where he listened to the stories of many old men while he worked at a nearby tavern to get his daily meal, and help provide for the other orphans. When he turned 12 he began having strange visions, and when he dropped something in a fire, and let it burn he was luckier afterwards for some reason. These powers slowly developed, and Sander began using them to his advantage using them to tell entrancing stories of places he had never seen.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2011, 07:06:13 pm »

So are we ready to start?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5