Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Author Topic: After much pondering, I have come to one conclusion:  (Read 41098 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: After much pondering, I have come to one conclusion:
« Reply #120 on: September 28, 2011, 07:40:57 pm »

If you're going to place it above a gate, then it should be flaccid.  An upright one will need to be erect.  An erect phallus pointing down or sideways looks a little odd.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 28, 2011, 07:42:22 pm »

No, build it hanging over the gate, so invaders can face the fury of the magma phallus.
Well, it is a couple of squares next to the hole in the ground I call a gate, and I'm already working on the second level of the thing, so it'll stay there. I also need a way to pressurize magma in order for it to shoot at least one z-level upwards since it'll be vertical.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 28, 2011, 07:45:34 pm »

A tower anywhere on the map can be used to invoke pressure, for multiple phalli if needed (spellcheck totally says that's a legit word).

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 28, 2011, 07:47:50 pm »

Is it a hollow phallus? You could use it as a dormitory. Or if you're using it as a lava-spooging-volcano, use it as a noble housing. On occasion instead of shooting lava up you could divert it into their rooms if they displease you.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 28, 2011, 07:54:06 pm »

I'll probably post a screenshot when this is done. Removing catwalks is a pain.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 28, 2011, 07:57:54 pm »

Easy catwalks: build the access a few tiles away, and then place large bridges from the catwalk to the structure.  Then deconstruct the bridges, and cave-in the catwalk.  Should be far enough away that it doesn't land atop the structure's base, or the roof should be a solid wall.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 28, 2011, 07:59:01 pm »

Ah, i can picture it now...

*Elves stroll up to the fortress*

Elf 1:oh...my..

Elf 2:heh, looks like someone is overcompensating for something...

*cue premature emagmalation*

Elf 2:OH GOD IT GOT IN MY EYE!!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 08:00:41 pm by King DZA »

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 28, 2011, 08:09:29 pm »

The problem is that I have a genetic defect that makes me asexual.

+50% respect for that.

With around 1/100 people actually are asexual, the chances are there are around 420 asexual people here.

Hm, and I thought such a thing was far more rare.
Add me to the count. I'm always puzzled (and rather irritated) when I'm sitting in a public area at school being studious and everyone around me is lounging about fondling one another. Oh well, I suppose someone has to continue the species. ::)

(it just seems to be the foolish ones who do it most often)
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 28, 2011, 08:21:16 pm »

+50% respect for that.

With around 1/100 people actually are asexual, the chances are there are around 420 asexual people here.

Add me to the count. I'm always puzzled (and rather irritated) when I'm sitting in a public area at school being studious and everyone around me is lounging about fondling one another. Oh well, I suppose someone has to continue the species. ::)

Because the wise know there is more to life than fucking.

The ones who are not wise, spread the gene.  ::)

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 28, 2011, 08:36:52 pm »

+50% respect for that.

No worries. Should i fail to uplift humanity into a new era of prosperity, i'l probably snap and take a few of them down on my bloodthirsty rampage, before i'm gunned down somewhere in glorious dramatic fashion.

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 28, 2011, 09:12:07 pm »

+50% respect for that.

No worries. Should i fail to uplift humanity into a new era of prosperity, i'l probably snap and take a few of them down on my bloodthirsty rampage, before i'm gunned down somewhere in glorious dramatic fashion.

Unfortunately, that's just the way it is - our species as a whole seems hell bent on eradicating itself, one way or another. We're also the only species to try and render ourselves obsolete by building better uses.
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 28, 2011, 09:15:56 pm »

Dunno, we've had a lot of time to fall into decay.  Every generation claims to be worse than their parents.  If we've been in decline for this long, then adam and eve weren't made by god, they were gods, and have declined over the eons into what we see.

Humanity isn't as depraved as people try and think, because if we were we'd have killed ourselves off LONG ago!  Not like there's been a shortage of chances.

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 28, 2011, 09:17:32 pm »

Dunno, we've had a lot of time to fall into decay.  Every generation claims to be worse than their parents.  If we've been in decline for this long, then adam and eve weren't made by god, they were gods, and have declined over the eons into what we see.

Humanity isn't as depraved as people try and think, because if we were we'd have killed ourselves off LONG ago!  Not like there's been a shortage of chances.

Like Nagasaki and Hiroshima?
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 28, 2011, 09:59:43 pm »

I don't think we are hellbent on eradicating ourselves, I think that humanity is an unintelligent entity that SHOULD be destroyed.

Now that we have nukes, Olith McEgotater can do the universe a favor.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 28, 2011, 10:02:26 pm »

Girlinhat is right. If we were truly as bad as we think we are, We would have been gone a ages ago. The main reason humanity seems so self loathing, is because it is far easier to notice something that's wrong, then to acknowledge something that's right.

In a way, however, the fact that we think we suck so bad is proof that we still have hope. The fact that we can tell there is so much wrong in the world by itself proves that we know we are capable of doing better.

And let me just say, in case i haven't already, that this thread is fucking awesome. There's been how many subjects by now? Giant penises, aerial assault dwarves, magma, midgets, rape, murder, magma, sexuality, and whatever else i'm forgetting. And now we are drifting toward the fate humanity and philosophy.

We. Fucking. Rock.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17