Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: forbidden cheese  (Read 8495 times)

urick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
forbidden cheese
« on: September 27, 2011, 02:24:48 pm »

Does anyone else skip making or importing cheese, solely for the sake of  preventing bedroom miasmas?

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: forbidden cheese
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 02:27:43 pm »

No, because cheese doesn't cause bedroom miasma.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 02:28:06 pm »

Sometimes it does in real life, but not in game no.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 02:32:02 pm by forsaken1111 »

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 02:28:45 pm »

Fortunately, dwarves don't seem to suffer from lactose intolerance.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 02:31:18 pm »

Not at all. In fact, i usually completely buy out every last slice of the stuff from caravans, and even have my dwarves have some homemade on occasion.

It's usually meats that give me miasma problems. Like that prepared capybara heart my miner let sit on his floor for Armok knows how long...

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 02:38:02 pm »

The easiest cure for bedroom miasma is probably a kickass dining room with tables and chairs, and bedrooms with neither table nor chair.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 02:38:47 pm »

The easiest cure for bedroom miasma is probably a kickass dining room with tables and chairs, and bedrooms with neither table nor chair. magma.

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 02:48:05 pm »

Of course, you are correct.  How silly of me.  Dining arrangements are the second easiest.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 03:05:01 pm »

Nah, dining arrangements are easiest. Magma is just more thorough. No dwarfs, no food left behind in bedrooms! Perfect!

Oh wait, producing no food at all is clearly the simplest solution.
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 03:09:37 pm »

If they desire to sleep in filth, let them.  I am busy overseeing the importing and construction of a solid gold block phallus on my front lawn.  I cannot be bothered to clean their bedrooms like some mother of 5 year olds.  The phallus will do that.  Once it's been fitted with a magma ejaculator.  It'll all be clean then...

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011, 03:18:05 pm »

If they desire to sleep in filth, let them.  I am busy overseeing the importing and construction of a solid gold block phallus on my front lawn.  I cannot be bothered to clean their bedrooms like some mother of 5 year olds.  The phallus will do that.  Once it's been fitted with a magma ejaculator.  It'll all be clean then...

Does she terrify anyone else?
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2011, 03:19:53 pm »

You'll get used to it. The first suggestion is always mass murder. After that, solid gold phalluses fail to shock.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Teronsuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2011, 03:23:06 pm »

No, she just makes me want to mod in fennecs so I can have an explosion of them in every desert and savanna fort ever.
Dear Unnamed Fire Imp,
 Get the fuck out of my magma vent. You've already killed one swordsdwarf as he jumped into the volcano to attack you and burned to death hundreds of Urists below.
- The Invisible Man in the Sky

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2011, 03:25:05 pm »

Terrify? No. Psychotic magma killer womanz are sexy.

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2011, 03:47:46 pm »

Every night I make sure to power off my laptop, close the lid, face it away from room, and armour myself in blankets for fear of the most recent Cave Johnson girlinhat post. 

zzZZzzZ

...no.... nooo..... phallus........ zzzZZZZzzzz.....NOOOOO NOT THE PONIES.....badgers... zzZzzZzzzzZZZ
Pages: [1] 2 3