Advanced search  

Author Topic: How!?  (Read 755 times)

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
How!?
« on: September 27, 2011, 11:39:08 am »

I went to embark on a really awesome looking mountain, with tons of metals, and when I went to set up my starting seven I had no access to plump helmets. At all. No helmets, no helmet spawn, nothing. I aborted that area and deleted the world, because there was obviously a problem.
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: How!?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 11:45:33 am »

Do you have any other underground crops? There's a worldgen glitch where there will be no mud in the caverns, and therefor no life to harvest seeds from.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 11:46:31 am »

I currently don't have access to pig tails.  I managed to find rope reeds after a LOT of searching though.  Get some strawberry wine in your dwarven belly.  As much booze as booze is, strawberry wine is exotic booze, and thus all the boozier.  As crazy as dwarves are now, imagine them hopped up on Sunshine and Vally Herbs!

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 11:48:50 am »

Speaking of, I still haven't seen and feather trees -or- sus berries. Are they still broken, or do I need to try harder?

On an unrelated note, I just checked my sig on google and the first thing to show up was the crundle thread.
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 11:51:21 am »

Broken.  You can remove the [GOOD] and [EVIL] tags, and mostly elves show up with sun berries but sometimes humans.  I had humans bring me silver barb before as well.  Seems like there's an evil tree, but never bothered with it 'cause trees are all the same to me (except tunnel tuber is a fun color).

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 11:54:34 am »

Broken.  You can remove the [GOOD] and [EVIL] tags, and mostly elves show up with sun berries but sometimes humans.  I had humans bring me silver barb before as well.  Seems like there's an evil tree, but never bothered with it 'cause trees are all the same to me (except tunnel tuber is a fun color).

The evil tree, glumprong, I belive it is called, is notable for being extremely heavy (for a tree) and purple, useful for making purple beds for your VIPs nobles magenta dorfs.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 11:55:40 am »

Indeed. Glumprong wood' density is only 50 less than blood thorn's.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 12:00:53 pm »

The odd worldgen where a dwarf civ has no access to plump helmets whatsoever. Would be rare, but I can see it happening. Happens all the time for metals afterall in mineral-scarce worlds.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 12:19:16 pm »

I have a similar situation with sweep pods. Not available at embark, caravan doesnt bring them, but they do grow on one small ~~ 20 x 20 patch in the caverns so I managed to get some seeds and start farming.

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 12:23:49 pm »

genned a new world, and the glumprongs and feather trees are plentiful. Everywhere. I have both of them along with saguaro on this embark.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011, 01:04:41 pm »

Yes, the trees are everywhere.  But sun berries only grow in swamps/wetlands I think, and can't remember where silver barb grows but it's not an extremely common area.